Blatter labels England "bad losers"

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 5K
blatter has a bad way with words, he did say he wants football to be global so that's why it went qatar but he could of said that before but the england fans and media need to calm down, they lost, corruption or not. your not going to get the world cup when most people think it's a god given right.

( i hate blatter as much as anyone)

blatter has a bad way with words, he did say he wants football to be global so that's why it went qatar but he could of said that before but the england fans and media need to calm down, they lost, corruption or not. your not going to get the world cup when most people think it's a god given right.

( i hate blatter as much as anyone)
and again you have missed the point. its not about the fact that england lost. its not even about about the fact that blatter wants to take it to new places; its about the joke of a process, and the fact that FIFA led us up the garden path. They could have been up front and said, look your chances are slim becuase we want to take it somewhere new, but they pretty much flat out lied, and the whole criteria is a joke

Last edited:
As its been said on here the Aisian football comitee has asked Fifa if they can move the world cup to January-February. This for me needs to happen because if Fifa grant this then it will open up the biggest club vs country row and evidently the clubs always and will win and maybie this will shake Fifa up.

I don't think it's a god given right. It should have been done in a fair, proper way. To tell Australia, who were about to pull out of the race, to hang in there as they might get it, then totally screw them over, is the highest form of disrespect. As many posts have said, it's not about football. It's feeding the ego of Blatter, as being a legacy of football. Hope to god the next person in charge of FIFA isn't such a egotistical tool. And if FIFA are committed to fighting racism, then why Russia? Like I said before, I'm not upset we lost. Its the manner of the way it was done, with total disregard for anyone who upsets a member of the FIFA family.

As its been said on here the Aisian football comitee has asked Fifa if they can move the world cup to January-February. This for me needs to happen because if Fifa grant this then it will open up the biggest club vs country row and evidently the clubs always and will win and maybie this will shake Fifa up.

Got point didn't think about that

i've seen thisarticle. Qatar's technology was been success on a small scale, but it is yet to be proven on anywhere near the scale needed for the world cup, FIFA may have massively dropped the ball here

haha this really made me laugh, did you rub your two brains cells together to put this together... :$-snip the rest of the wonderful post

See what you've done, hustlerx? You're such a **** you've managed to unite Birmingham. Impressive going! (K)

Ha. For me, I hope it doesn't happen. I hope it doesn't happen and then twenty footballers keel over from heat exhaustion, just so that it's a massive fail for FIFA.

See what you've done, hustlerx? You're such a **** you've managed to unite Birmingham. Impressive going! (K)

Ha. For me, I hope it doesn't happen. I hope it doesn't happen and then twenty footballers keel over from heat exhaustion, just so that it's a massive fail for FIFA.

stop going on about the heat, did i not mention that Qatar has already built the prototype of these stadium which will keep fans and players both cool through some new technology and that is one of the main reasons why they won the bid, although i still question y they got it

I think it's pretty poor to hope that the footballers keel over from heat exhaustion. I'd never wish to see anyone suffer, despite my dislike for FIFA. I'd rather the World Cup was hosted in January if it meant that the tournament would be a better spectacle and more enjoyable for both players and fans.

stop going on about the heat, did i not mention that Qatar has already built the prototype of these stadium which will keep fans and players both cool through some new technology and that is one of the main reasons why they won the bid, although i still question y they got it
as i said, it is not proven on a scale anywhere near whats needed for the world cup

I think it's pretty poor to hope that the footballers keel over from heat exhaustion. I'd never wish to see anyone suffer, despite my dislike for FIFA. I'd rather the World Cup was hosted in January if it meant that the tournament would be a better spectacle and more enjoyable for both players and fans.

It's exactly this kind of thinking that allows FIFA to get away with this. If they don't realise the ramifications of hosting the World Cup in underprepared desert nations such as Qatar through something as dramatic as this, then they'll continue to give it to bad choices. Where next? Svalbard? Zimbabwe?

I'm not taking pleasure in hoping footballers suffer from heat exhaustion, but I'm trying to see the silver lining in something that will most likely happen.

as i said, it is not proven on a scale anywhere near whats needed for the world cup

they have until 2022, and I'm sure with the money they have they can easily do it, plus they will have FIFA's Backing too

Before I start this, I'd just like to rule out any bias against England/English people from me because I'm Scottish. I don't hate England, nr do I have anything against English people. I think England's bid team and media are being sore losers about this, because the British media seem to believe everything on earth revolves around the UK.

Also, the media don't seem to understand the fact that Russia is just as good a place for a WC as Englisnd IMHO, as they have an up-and-coming league, with a number of talented teams who have had European success in the last few years (CSKA and Zenit both won the UEFA Cup, I think :P) and have a number of world-class players in their ranks, both foreign and for the national team (Keisuke Honda, Danny of Portugal, Pavel Pogrebnyak, Aiden McGeady when he can be arsed).

However, I see where the English people are coming from. England received an incredibly good technical report after FIFA's visit, the only major problem being the distnace between training grounds and stadiums. How do you go from such a good technical report to 2 votes?

Also, the 2022 vote is a farce. That should have gone to Australia, no doubt about it. Qatar just isn't a footballing nation.

I am not surprised England didn't get the WC. I didn't think they would or want them to, as I would prefer the WC went to a new nation. But I thought they would have got to at least the second round.

Last edited:
The English generally aren't bad losers, more like over confident / optimistic. The 2022 decision is a farce, and shows how incompetent FIFA are. Maybe the Scottish are good losers because they are more used to it :P

The English generally aren't bad losers, more like over confident / optimistic. The 2022 decision is a farce, and shows how incompetent FIFA are. Maybe the Scottish are good losers because they are more used to it :P
Was there really a need for that? However true it may be? :P

i cant go to the world cup in Quatar... id get arrested and put in jail (maybe even killed)

those of you who no me, should no why

stupid laws...

Back