Blatter labels England "bad losers"

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 5K
Sigh.

Even if the game wasn't first from England, the English codified the Laws of the Game and published them. This laid the foundations for the modern game, and gave proper written rules to football for the first time. It's generally accepted that this is when football started as a sport.

I don't see why we couldn't get what we wanted? We wanted the World Cup, we had the best overall bid. Why couldn't we have it? Sepp and FIFA's alleged corruption. And that's why we're annoyed.

So please do us all a favour and shut up.

I hope not, my brain wouldn't be able to take it. Aussies sticking up for us? Whoaa... :P

That's another thing, how the **** did Australia get only one vote? South Korea/Japan has hosted one eight years ago, so they wouldn't deserve it, and the USA hosted the competition not so long ago which was the worst World Cup possibly ever. That leaves Qatar and Australia. Qatar has no stadiums, few fans, **** leagues, no good players, is in the middle of a desert and is utterly tiny. Australia is well stocked with stadiums, has a large and passionate fanbase, decent enough leagues and has many good players like Cahill and Kewell who play in the biggest leagues in the world. It's a disgrace.

Actually Qatar were building these ultra high-tech stadiums so the fans and players would be kept cool while playing, they have huge futuristic hotels and a good fan-base, there are plans to set-up a huge lucrative league there and attract players who have fallen out of their prime such as in the case of Canavaro, i know Qatar is tiny but that is nothing compared to the exorbirant hotel prices us fans will have to pay to watch the World Cup, anyways they are hosting it in 2022, so I find no reason why the above things I have mentioned such as a league cannot be set-up and running by then and the Middle East is a market with huge football potential, despite these reasons I think Australia still should have gotten the World Cup but in any case a World Cup in the Middle East may be a huge money-spinner if Qatar pour some money into football in their country, plus their ruling family are looking to buy an EPL club so if that happens that will be a major boost to the fanbase

We're far too optimistic, as a nation. We always think it'll be "better next time".
got a meeting a work, but there is a very good piece comparing fifa to the IOC on bbc sport. well worth a read

got a meeting a work, but there is a very good piece comparing fifa to the IOC on bbc sport. well worth a read

I read that one, very good read and I think I might do another article on these bids examining them from every possibility

There are 208 Fifa members so why only 24 (or 22 ;)) voters? That is democratic... :S

The system needs to change. No secret ballot. There needs to be openness so there is accountability. None of these promised votes that end up being broken.

Sepp has his head up his ****. Qatar didn't even have the best Asian bid, I wouldn't of been upset had Japan got it again instead of Australia, **** same deal with even America. Russia ok I can understand why they got it. THey were about due IMO. And they'll have a team that won't threaten the goals conceded record in the WC. But the Qatar decision reeks of shady backwater dealings. It was pretty **** poor and you'd have to be one of the most ignorant people on the planet to think payoffs weren't put together

who cares what he says anyway? if i was from Belgium/Holland i was be acting like a sore loser atm considering they lost two votes in the 2nd round somehow

He's right, we didn't take it on the chin did we? Fair play to Russia.

I am appalled that Australlia were not only beaten by Quatar, but were out in the first round of voting. They continue to qualify for the World cup and boast a number of stars, yet are overlooked for two bids (USA and JAPAN) who have already hosted. Its an absolute disgrace.

You shouldn't be given any chance if your country has never qualified for the competition before

oh, and systematic corruption? What a ******* ******. Blatter is as corrupt as they come, and he clearly hates England so I don't know why we were so optimistic in the first place. Also, it's about time someone tried to control our ******* media. They don't give a **** about the country, only selling stories and making profit. I fear that I may never see a high profile international competition hosted by england in my lifetime

He's right, we didn't take it on the chin did we? Fair play to Russia.
if you follow the whole thing, no one did. The issue isnt with russia, even Blatter, but the he led us up a path. If he wasnt interested, he should have said so from the outset

if you follow the whole thing, no one did. The issue isnt with russia, even Blatter, but the he led us up a path. If he wasnt interested, he should have said so from the outset

I never said we had an issue with Russia, Blatter has a point, we can't take defeat, enough said.

I never said we had an issue with Russia, Blatter has a point, we can't take defeat, enough said.
yes and again, none of the other bids did either, have you seen how austrailia reacted?

glad england didnt get it there so far up there own **** tubes its unbelievable!
home of football??
im believe thats scotland yet they try say there the home of football england altogether is just a joke!
think they can get what they want when they CANT!!

fifa are the power of football not you *****!!

get a grip england you posh stuck up arrogant ***** ! boo hoo too yoo '#

You are quite obviously just saying this to wind people up. Because not anyone, with any amount of sense, would say what you did. Which brings me to only one conclusion......

You sir, are quite obviously, a ****** of epic proportions.

so we should all keep quiet and watch the corruption in FIFA continue, we had the strongest bid, no reason we should have been out in the 1st round of voting and lose to even Belgium/Holland, and its not only us I expect many people in Spain/Portugal and Australia are raving against Blatter

glad england didnt get it there so far up there own **** tubes its unbelievable!
home of football??
im believe thats scotland yet they try say there the home of football england altogether is just a joke!
think they can get what they want when they CANT!!

fifa are the power of football not you *****!!

get a grip england you posh stuck up arrogant ***** ! boo hoo too yoo '#

haha this really made me laugh, did you rub your two brains cells together to put this together... :$

I suppose Scotland is the home of football... i wont actually make a remark in negative terms about the Scot's because the vast majority of them are decent, level headed, intelligent people. And id rather not drop to your pathetic level.

from your lovely description of our nation i can tell what sort of person you are, again no point insulting, not worth it.

If you would take the time to learn how to read, and read the previous pages on the thread you will see that everything you have just said has absolutely nothing to do with anything we have said.

It's not about getting what we want, its about having a fair system, its not about us running football its about a corrupted ***** attempting to run it, and hardly stuck up, just know how to put an actual sentence together, spelling words correctly and using the odd full stop or comma.

haha this really made me laugh, did you rub your two brains cells together to put this together... :$

I suppose Scotland is the home of football... i wont actually make a remark in negative terms about the Scot's because the vast majority of them are decent, level headed, intelligent people. And id rather not drop to your pathetic level.

from your lovely description of our nation i can tell what sort of person you are, again no point insulting, not worth it.

If you would take the time to learn how to read, and read the previous pages on the thread you will see that everything you have just said has absolutely nothing to do with anything we have said.

It's not about getting what we want, its about having a fair system, its not about us running football its about a corrupted ***** attempting to run it, and hardly stuck up, just know how to put an actual sentence together, spelling words correctly and using the odd full stop or comma.

Couldn't agree more. Have heard loads of very sensible, football loving Scots saying how much of a disgrace the World Cup announcement was, as they were really looking forward to taking the kids to places like Old Trafford, St James Park for the matches, as it could be a once in a lifetime chance to watch a World Cup match in England. I'm just glad the sensible people in Scotland outnumber the idiots.

P.S In a previous post, I mentioned Scottish football as garbage. What I was meant to say was, it's pretty much falling apart due to lack of money, and a result can't attract many top quality players, and the league is suffering as a result, and smaller clubs are suffering. No offense was intended.

Actually Qatar were building these ultra high-tech stadiums so the fans and players would be kept cool while playing, they have huge futuristic hotels and a good fan-base, there are plans to set-up a huge lucrative league there and attract players who have fallen out of their prime such as in the case of Canavaro, i know Qatar is tiny but that is nothing compared to the exorbirant hotel prices us fans will have to pay to watch the World Cup, anyways they are hosting it in 2022, so I find no reason why the above things I have mentioned such as a league cannot be set-up and running by then and the Middle East is a market with huge football potential, despite these reasons I think Australia still should have gotten the World Cup but in any case a World Cup in the Middle East may be a huge money-spinner if Qatar pour some money into football in their country, plus their ruling family are looking to buy an EPL club so if that happens that will be a major boost to the fanbase

It seems FIFA are more interested in luxury and who is willing to change laws and policies to FIFA's preference. The world cup is about Football, it shouldn't be about money or 5 star hotels. FIFA is a not for profit organisation yet it announced profits of $1.4 Billion after the world cup in South Africa. FIFA executives are more interested in spoiling themselves rather than choosing the most logical location for the World Cup. No doubt many Indian builders will die trying to build these ridiculous high tech stadiums that will probably be abandoned after the world cup.

It seems FIFA are more interested in luxury and who is willing to change laws and policies to FIFA's preference. The world cup is about Football, it shouldn't be about money or 5 star hotels. FIFA is a not for profit organisation yet it announced profits of $1.4 Billion after the world cup in South Africa. FIFA executives are more interested in spoiling themselves rather than choosing the most logical location for the World Cup. No doubt many Indian builders will die trying to build these ridiculous high tech stadiums that will probably be abandoned after the world cup.

I completely agree with u, except that what I was trying to say is controray to popular belief, Qatar has a solid fanbase of football lovers and has terrific infrastructure to host a event such as the World Cup although as mentioned in the earlier post, I still think England should have got it and the high-tech stadiums have already been built

FIFA committee is now saying that the Qatar world cup, could only be played properly around december-jan due to the heat problem. surely they would have thought about that before? and surely that would balls up the league schedules? O yeah I forgot. FIFA don't care about football anymore.

Back