Blue Square North/South to Champions League

I have won my first cup (not including leagues). Have just won the John Paint Trophy :D

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:07 AM ----------

Team: Basingstoke
Season: 2014/2015
League: League 1
Final Position: 7th (could have got to the playoffs if it weren't for a last minute goal :S)
Cups: JPT - Winners, FA Cup - 2nd Round, League Cup - 1st Rounds
Average Attendance: 4884
Biggest Win: 6-2 v Aldershot
Biggest Defeat: 2-5 v Norwich
Top Goalscorer: Chris Nugent (43 goals)
Most Assists: Chris Nugent (17 assists)
Highest Average Rating: Chris Nugent (7.53)
Fans Player of the Year: Don't know yet but I'll guess it'll be Chris Nugent XD nope, it was Connor Devlin

Last edited:
my internet has gone for the last few days.. so ill post the last 2 seasons league tables and transfers and post update for endof this season.. :)

View attachment 134853View attachment 134854
View attachment 134855View attachment 134856

Team: Corby Town FC
Season: 2015/2016
League: npower League 2
Final Position: 2nd
Cups: FA Cup (First Round) - JPT (Quaters) - League Cup (Quaters)
Average Attendance: 2798
Biggest Win: 5-1 Gillingham
Biggest Defeat: 5-2 MK Dons
Top Goal scorer: Ibra Sekajja (16)
Most Assists: Tibor Molnar (11)
Highest Average Rating: Jermaine Daniel (7.11)
Fans Player of the Year: Jermaine Daniel! This kid has been incredible since I signed him! got Every fans player since i signed him..

another update sooon!

could be interesting if theres time ill going when i finish my 10 year fm base challenge

After spending many an hour killing time at work reading the forums on this sight I have been inspired to start a save in the murky but yet potentially glorious world of lower league management.
The only problem is I have no clue what team I should be, what sort of tactics work and the players i should look at signing as I have only ever been big teams i.e. Man United, Chelsea, Madrid and Barcelona and found myself getting bored after a season or two as there is no sense of achievement when you sign that player who by all rights shouldn’t want to join you (after all your one of the biggest team’s in the world) or seeing you little old club that you have spent years developing, nurturing through your own blood sweat and tears competing with Europe’s elite clubs.
So I have come today cap in hand looking for advice from all those people who are lower league mangers. All I know is I want to be a team in England and take them to the promised land that the is the Barclays Premiership and beyond.
Thanks in advance
P.S haven’t a clue where to post this so if i have put it in the wrong section I do apologise.

Not a good season, I didnt know why the Board didnt give me Transefer Budget. Starting the 3rd season with transefer budget 0$ !!
Team: Boston Utd
Season: 2011-2012
League: Blue Square Bet Premier
Final Position: 8th
Cups: FA Cup (1st Round) - FA Trophy (Winner)
Average Attendance: 1152
Biggest Win: 5-0 kettering
Biggest Defeat: 4-0 werxham
Top Goal scorer: Michael Whitwell (17)
Most Assists: Phil Younghusband (19)
Highest Average Rating: Sam Duncum
Fans Player of the Year: Jack Holland

Not a good season, I didnt know why the Board didnt give me Transefer Budget. Starting the 3rd season with transefer budget 0$ !!

Well don't want to burst your bubble, but next year you won't have one either. If you do it will be less than 200K. I mean you can sign some players but its easier to sign frees and get loans than actually buying people.

Team: Nuneaton
Season: 2015/16
League: npower League 1
Final Position: 6th lost in playoffs
Cups: FA Cup (1st Rnd), League Cup (1st Rnd), JP Trophy (1st Rnd)
Average Attendance: 4064
Biggest Win: 4-1 verses Hartlepool
Biggest Defeat: 0-5 verses Swansea
Top Goalscorer: Ian Price 12
Most Assists: David Goldsmith 12
Highest Average Rating: Tom Thorpe 7.00 (48 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Tom Thorpe

Well don't want to burst your bubble, but next year you won't have one either. If you do it will be less than 200K. I mean you can sign some players but its easier to sign frees and get loans than actually buying people.

I'm in League 1 at the moment and still only get something like £50k. The only way it improves is by loaning out a ton of players and adjust my budgets.

And Will, does that formation work!?!

Last edited:
Season: 2016/17
Final Position: 7th
Cups: FA Cup (3rd Rnd), League Cup (1st Rnd), JP Trophy (1st Rnd)
Average Attendance: 4174
Biggest Win: 4-0 verses Barnet
Biggest Defeat: 0-3 verses Port Vale
Top Goalscorer: Kieran Agard 13
Most Assists: Nicola Cocco 15
Highest Average Rating: Nicola Cocco 7.19 (38 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Nicola Cocco

I was sitting 2nd in league with 3 games to go and then lost all 3 games to finish 7th. I also approched the board about a new stadium which they agreed to and it is now in the planning stage.

I'm in League 1 at the moment and still only get something like £50k. The only way it improves is by loaning out a ton of players and adjust my budgets.

And Will, does that formation work!?!

yes surprisingly well

Season: 2016/17
Final Position: 19th
Cups: FA Cup (1st round), League Cup (1st Rnd), JP Trophy (1st Rnd)
Average Attendance: 2984
Biggest Win: 4-0 Gateshead
Biggest Defeat: 0-4 Carlisle
Top Goalscorer: Kevin Smith 12
Most Assists: Tibor Molnar 7
Highest Average Rating: Jermaine Daniel 7.03
Fans Player of the Year: JERMAINE DANIEL! OMG every season he has been with me he has got player of the year, 6th consecutive year! played my son!
View attachment 136262View attachment 136263View attachment 136264

hey people, id like to join in if not too late, i will pick Braintree, BSQ south, and will post pics asap, but bear with me as im running on a VERY slow pc :(

Season: 2017/18
Final Position: 10th
Cups: FA Cup (3rd Rnd), League Cup (2nd Rnd), JP Trophy (N Qrt Fnl)
Average Attendance: 4039
Biggest Win: 5-0 verses Brighton
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 verses Stoke
Top Goalscorer: Claus Groth 17
Most Assists: Josh Rees 12
Highest Average Rating: Josh Rees 6.98 (47 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Claus Groth

Season: 2017/18
Final Position: 17th
Cups: FA Cup (1st Round), League Cup (1st Round), JP Trophy (S Qrt Fnl)
Average Attendance: 4039
Biggest Win: 4-1 Millwall
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 Millwall
Top Goalscorer: Tibor Molnar (15)
Most Assists: Ian Murray (11)
Highest Average Rating: Jack Harrison (7.06)
Fans Player of the Year: who else but JERMAINE DANIEL! ive ran out of praise.. incredible since i signed him for a free! ive had bids of 200k for him.. Rejected

View attachment 137008View attachment 137009View attachment 137010