Bluth's Asymmetric 4-2-3-1 for 14.3 (Double with Everton and Double with Roma)

GobBluthJD

Reaction score
NOTE: Download the newest version here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7avuzyflic6ll34/Bluth's+Z+Stand+v.2.tac
Not from the attached tactic (I don't know how to delete an attached tactic...)

I've been having success with an asymmetric 4-2-3-1 formation and did the double with both Everton (League and Carling Cup) and Roma (League and Italian Cup) in the first year during testing, so thought I'd upload it. First, some photos:

View attachment 390746 Here's the newer version View attachment 390472

Here's the formation.

One Striker: off-center position as a Deep Lying Forward. He'll get a decent amount of goals, assists, and drop back into defensive help too. Heading is important, passing and strength are good too.

Two Wingers: these guys will toss quite a few crosses in and generally spread the play wider. Good speed and crossing is important.

One Advanced Center Mid: this guy plays as a shadow striker. He'll score a lot of goals and generally get into dangerous positions. Good finishing is key.

Two Mids: one is a BBM, who sits under the Shadow Striker and mops up defensively when the SS goes forward. The other is an Anchorman who hangs out and tries to snuff out anything down the middle. These guys are key for your defense, so you want good marking, tackling, and off-the-ball moves.

Two Wingbacks: these guys do double duty in defense and offense. They will toss in a LOT of crosses - in my Everton game, Leighton Baines had a ridiculous amount of assists, easily the highest on my team, 99% from crosses as he ventured forward and curled balls in from the left. To that point, you need a left-footer on the left side and a right-footer on the right, or their crosses won't be nearly as effective.

Two Center Defenders: one on cover duty, one on defend. This way one of them sweeps up just a bit higher and cuts things out while the other hangs back.

Left the OI to AssMan. Team talks are BIG. You need to keep your team motivated. Since this is FM14, you will let in ridiculous goals every now and again. You will get 20 shots to your opponent's 1, and still lose the game 2-0. It happens, because this match engine is terrible. So keeping team morale up is huge. I can go into team talks later, if anyone cares about my approach, but suffice it to say, they are vital.

View attachment 390742

Tactic is good in scoring and defending. My Everton team lead the league with 87 goals, and let in the 3rd fewest with 34.

View attachment 390741

Finally got a good corner routine down as well. I lead the league in goals from corners with 15 - next team only had 8. You need to put a left-footer on the right side and vice versa - you really need in-swingers for the corner routine to work.

View attachment 390739View attachment 390738

View attachment 390734View attachment 390733

Bluth's 4-2-3-1

DOWNLOAD THIS ONE FROM THE LINK - NOT THE ATTACHED ONE!

Last edited:
could you show me your roma league table, starting 11, and squad stats?

thanks

also, do the wingers have to be pure crossing wingers, eg right righ, left left, or do inside forwards work well too

could you show me your roma league table, starting 11, and squad stats?

thanks

also, do the wingers have to be pure crossing wingers, eg right righ, left left, or do inside forwards work well too

View attachment 390721

There's the table. It was a lot closer than my Everton save. Only won the league by 2 points, but did have the most goals still. Let me see if I can get a shot of the squad, not sure if I still have it. I brought in one loan, I remember. Javier Aquino as a winger, because Gervinho got some crazy spine injury and was out for 4-5 months.

It works better if the wingers are excellent crossers, because they'll put in a LOT of crosses for your striker. I've tried it with inside forwards, and had a little bit of luck with Gerard Deulofeu scoring a few in my Everton save, but I've found they create more goals as a crossing winger than they score as an inside forward.

Just had my first game against Bayern: View attachment 390711

They did give a little more trouble, but thanks to a hat-trick from Meier, and holding them to only 5 shots total, we took the 3 points to stay atop the league.

Only 3 goals allowed in the first 7 games, while scoring 18! View attachment 390710

well done, what training do u use?

well done, what training do u use?

For preseason training I just do Balanced and Average for the General Training and I do Tactics for Match training.

For the regular season, I do Balanced and Average for the General Training and Defensive for the Match training.

I don't bother with training too much, actually. I leave all individual training to the AssMan.

Playing as arsenal, main lost was 2-0 away to Barca.

Attackingwise, as I sold most of my expensive players so that I kind of have a new squad and not too scoring yet

Can you make a player filters? I have a decent squad but not getting results. Maybe wrong players

Can you make a player filters? I have a decent squad but not getting results. Maybe wrong players

Are you using the Version 2? Bluth's Z Stand v.2

I haven't bought or loaned anyone on my Frankfurt save and we're still sitting at the top of the table. V.2 is far superior, so make sure you have that one. I've never made a player filter before but I'll look at trying to do that today.

View attachment 390607

8 games. 23 goals for. Only 3 conceded. And Frankfurt has a pretty bad squad (H)

Last edited:
Working a treat for me! Here's a Champions League game I just played with Arsenal: View attachment 390583

26 shots, 5 clear cut chances, 7 half chances. That's about what I'm averaging. Great stuff - 5 stars from me!

Working a treat for me! Here's a Champions League game I just played with Arsenal: View attachment 565315

26 shots, 5 clear cut chances, 7 half chances. That's about what I'm averaging. Great stuff - 5 stars from me!

Nice result. I haven't tested it with big teams yet, cause I wanted to make sure it worked with small teams, but looks like it'll work just fine for big teams as well!

Midway point of the Bundesliga. View attachment 390521
I'm still in first place, with only one loss. 46 goals for, 12 conceded. No signings or loans. First season.

View attachment 390520 Two of my players are tied for 2nd most goals, one tied for most assists (and one tied for second), and dominating the average match ratings.

I would like to know your approach in teamtalk as mentioned in OP^^)

I would like to know your approach in teamtalk as mentioned in OP^^)

Pre-game home: Passionate - Go out and give fan's money
Pre-game away: Calm - Go out and give fan's money or keep good streak going

Half-time home if winning by less than 3: Calm - Done well so far, but room for improvement
Half-time home if losing: Assertive - Not happy, better showing, where's your passion lads
Half-time away if winning: Passionate or Calm - Done well so far, but room for improvement (if winning by more than 2 or 3 - pleased with what I've seen, keep it up)
Half-time away if losing: Calm - Not happy, better showing, etc

End game home if won: Calm - Well done, that was a good win, Good job (same thing but passionate if away)
End game if lost: Assertive - Not happy with your performance (same thing but calm if away)

Positional team talks if winning: Have faith, keep it up (calm if home, passionate if away)
Positional team talks if losing: Not happy, show me something else (assertive if home, calm if away)

I think that's about it, or close variations of that. These generally keep your team with good, very good, or suburb morale, and that increases the team's performance greatly

Last edited: