Bluth's MPLS (4-3-2-1, Strong Attack, Strong Defense, Undefeated!)

I tested this tac with Liverpool. When tactic become fully fluid (mid December) I lost only two games (City and Cardiff). Won Premier League and Carling Cup. Before start of the season I sign two bench BWM - Diame and Brown.

View attachment 596744View attachment 596745View attachment 596748

Good work Bluth, well done!

Nice G.D.! Who was your top scorer? I find my AMC's usually score more than my Striker, unless the striker has high heading attribute, for some reason.

Nice G.D.! Who was your top scorer? I find my AMC's usually score more than my Striker, unless the striker has high heading attribute, for some reason.
Sturridge (CF) was my top goalscorer (22 league goals), Aspas (AP) second, Coutinho (EG) third, Suarez (AP) fourth. But, this could be misleading because Coutinho was injured for three months during the season and Suarez two months (plus he did not played first six games because of suspension). Coutinho had highest shots on target ratio. :)

what kind of players best suite this tactic? What the difference between the 2 att mids and what about the 2 midfielders beside the playmaker?

Tactic worked in second season as well. I won League again and FA Cup with Liverpool. In February (after defeat against Stoke away) I change formation a little and played tac without striker (others setup remained the same). It worked really great until Barca trashed me in CL Final. :) Before season I signed three players: Balanta, Doria and Moreno.
View attachment 376108View attachment 376106View attachment 376105

Tactic worked in second season as well. I won League again and FA Cup with Liverpool. In February (after defeat against Stoke away) I change formation a little and played tac without striker (others setup remained the same). It worked really great until Barca trashed me in CL Final. :) Before season I signed three players: Balanta, Doria and Moreno.
View attachment 598214View attachment 598219View attachment 598220

Good stuff! How did you change the formation?

I've had a fairly poor start with my AZ Alkmaar team, and have been really struggling to come up with a tactic to turn things around. After looking through a few threads I discovered your tactic, and decided to give it ago. Downloaded the counter attacking version, played my first game with it and this was the result:

View attachment 376000

Gonna stick to the tactic for the next few games and I'll report how things are going.

I've had a fairly poor start with my AZ Alkmaar team, and have been really struggling to come up with a tactic to turn things around. After looking through a few threads I discovered your tactic, and decided to give it ago. Downloaded the counter attacking version, played my first game with it and this was the result:

View attachment 598469

Gonna stick to the tactic for the next few games and I'll report how things are going.

Nice! Hope it works for you. Try the attacking v.2 as well. If you have a decent team, it's really powerful.

5 games in using the counter version and I've won 4, and just drawn away with Wigan in the Europa League. I'll have to go back through and find the download for the attacking version and try that too.

I'm now 15 games into using the counter attacking version and here are the results:

View attachment 375935

The only loss so far was a mistake on my part, I decided to trial the attacking version on the wrong game, away to the then league leaders, and we only got it back to 4-3 by switching back to the counter version.

Still down in 9th in the league cause my start was really bad, hoping this tactic can help me rise in the table though.

Good stuff! How did you change the formation?

I put striker between AP and EG:

View attachment 375862

After experimenting in a few games I played Suarez at SS role and remove "run with ball often" and "shoot more often" instructions. It worked good for me - he scored and create a lot, it increased number one on one chances because he exploit space between opponents CB's. Even when I played Sturridge on that position (where he is "unconvincing") I find him more useful than in striker position. :)

I put striker between AP and EG:

View attachment 598802

After experimenting in a few games I played Suarez at SS role and remove "run with ball often" and "shoot more often" instructions. It worked good for me - he scored and create a lot, it increased number one on one chances because he exploit space between opponents CB's. Even when I played Sturridge on that position (where he is "unconvincing") I find him more useful than in striker position. :)

Nice, I'm gonna try that switch and see how it works!

The tactic has suited me fairly well, getting me to the quarter finals of the Europa League, and the Dutch cup final. I had some really bad form in the league though, losing a lot of consecutive games, so I made a couple of adjustments to the tactic. Think I changed a couple of the Tac Instructions, and I also changed the EG to a shadow striker, and the CF to an advanced forward. Played the last 6 games with the tweaked tactic, won 5 out of 6, and drew the other away to Spurs in the Europa League. Finished 3rd in the league in the end, and no doubt it was down to your tactic. Going to go into the next season with the slightly tweaked tactic and see how we do, might be tough though, cause we have no transfer budget really, and a few players are leaving. Going to have bring youngsters through I think.

The tactic has suited me fairly well, getting me to the quarter finals of the Europa League, and the Dutch cup final. I had some really bad form in the league though, losing a lot of consecutive games, so I made a couple of adjustments to the tactic. Think I changed a couple of the Tac Instructions, and I also changed the EG to a shadow striker, and the CF to an advanced forward. Played the last 6 games with the tweaked tactic, won 5 out of 6, and drew the other away to Spurs in the Europa League. Finished 3rd in the league in the end, and no doubt it was down to your tactic. Going to go into the next season with the slightly tweaked tactic and see how we do, might be tough though, cause we have no transfer budget really, and a few players are leaving. Going to have bring youngsters through I think.

Nice! Let me know how the tweaked tactic works for you into the next season. Will be interesting to have that SS pushing up instead of an EG holding. Should score quite a few goals, but I'll be curious to see how it goes (H)

I've started a new game with Southampton and I've made few unimpressive signings. However, using your counter with OI tactic I've beaten both Manchester City and Chelsea at the begining of the championship. I'm impressed how effective is your tactic, despite my poor team. The play isn't spectacular, but it works. I appreciated even more because my attack players are slow (Lambert, Davis, Gallagher) and with this tactic they succeed to score. I consider that most important players in this tactic are the full backs. You need good full backs with good crossing and dribbling, eventually. Shaw and Clyne fill the bill perfectly.

Thanks mate for this wonderful tactic.