You seem to be picking up some good form and only losing to the top sides. I love seeing stories about my beloved Baggies :) Keep it up! Jonas Olsson is brilliant for you by the looks of it, just as he is in real life lol.

Boing boing!

You seem to be picking up some good form and only losing to the top sides. I love seeing stories about my beloved Baggies :) Keep it up! Jonas Olsson is brilliant for you by the looks of it, just as he is in real life lol.

Boing boing!

yeh i am! west brom are actually a really good team, just needed a couple of players bringing in and once they were playing well together I was playing well against most teams :p

looking promising for getting the baggies a european spot!

Transfers & January

January

View attachment 283261

West Brom 3 - 1 Liverpool​
Premier League

Shane Long (43, 70)Steven Gerrard (31)
Graham Dorrans (90+2)-

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)

A great win for the team! Showed that we are able to dominate teams with a good squad, hopefully get some more performances like this to improve our position for a European spot!​

Brentford 0 - 3 West Brom​
FA Cup 3rd Round

-Markus Rosenberg (4)
-Graham Dorrans (11)
-James McClean (58)

MOTM: Graham Dorrans (West Brom)

Great win saying I played a much weaker side. Although it was a game which I think we could have scored more goals as we had 27 shots with 21 on target.

West Brom 2 - 1 Newcastle United​
Premier League

Shane Long (16)Shola Ameobi (pen 82)
James McClean (50)-

MOTM: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)

Another good game where we dominated them completely and could have easily scored a lot more goals! Seem to be getting quite a few yellow cards and giving away a lot of fouls so may have to make them a bit more cautious when going in for tackles.

Chelsea 0 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

-Jonas Olsson (4)

Another good game showing that we do have the capability to take on the biggest teams in the league, put them under a lot of pressure and also be able to hold them out for the entire game, the team is really showing they want to get higher up the table now!

West Brom 2 - 3 Man City
Premier League

Erik Sviatchenko (6)Samir Nasri (24)
Graham Dorrans (33)David Silva (42)
-Sergio Aguero (82)

MOTM: Samir Nasri (Man City)

Was a game where the result really should have been a draw, but for some reason my defence and goalkeeper got confused and it resulted in Samir Nasri getting an open goal to win them the game, safe to sat they didn't get off lightly.

Arsenal 4 - 2 West Brom
FA Cup 4th Round

Tomas Rosicky (6)Graham Dorrans (32)
Olivier Giroud (47, 62, 83)Lukasz Fabianski Own Goal (41)

A game where we had all the possession and all the shots but we just couldn't put our chances away. Although kind of glad that we are out as it gives me a chance to focus our performances on the league to ensure we win our games and got one of those European spots!

West Brom 1 - 2 Stoke City
Premier League

Youssuf Mulumbu (16)Jonathan Walters (31, 58)

MOTM: Jonathan Walters (Stoke City)

Another game where we were the top side again but we just couldn't take our chances where as the other team we able to successfully counter against us. Seems like I am going to have to shake up the tactics as other teams are starting to get wise to them now.

League Table

View attachment 283262

Even though we had a very poor end to the month we are still in a good position and I really think if we can pick up our form slightly we will be able to easily get ourselves a European position.

Transfers

View attachment 283263

View attachment 283264 View attachment 283265

Two great young players with Wallace who could easily come straight into the team and Adryan who could be a first team player within the next season and being used as an impact sub now. Letting go of Billy Jones and Liam Ridgewell as they were never going to get to play now.

Big Transfers

Lucas Moura - PSG
£37.5 Million

Yohan Cabaye - Juventus
£21 Million

Toby Alderweireld - Chelsea
£19.75 Million​

Last edited:
February & March

February

View attachment 283345

Reading 1 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

Aron Gunnarsson (64)Shane Long (1, 36)
-Markus Rosenberg (13)

A game which we were always supposed to win and we showed that straight away as Shane Long scored after 15 seconds, and after that it was nothing but a barrage of attacks for Reading who did well to only let us score 3.

Norwich City 1 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Steve Morrison (32)Graham Dorrans (52)

Really regretted playing a much weaker side in this game and to be honest we were lucky not to concede more as they had 30 shots! We could have won it as Shane Long missed a penalty in the 75th minute, but still, after this game, I now know not to underestimate some of the lower teams!

March

View attachment 283367
(Arsenal game included as it was in with the games played on the 31st)

West Brom 2 - 0 West Ham
Premier League

Graham Dorrans (54)-
Chris Brunt (66)-

MOTM: Chris Brunt (West Brom)

This game could have had so many more goals for us seeing as we had 21 shots and completely dominated West Ham. But somehow we only had 4 shots on target! Looks like im going to have to try and improve my players finishing! But still, a good win.

Aston Villa 1 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Matthew Lowton (69)Markus Rosenberg (30)
-Graham Dorrans (30)

A very even game which could have gone either way and the result really should have been a draw. But, the counter attacks continue to work as Graham Dorrans scored after we broke away from a Villa corner. Glad we were able to win both meetings with our midland rival this season!

West Brom 1 - 0 Everton
Premier League

James Morrison (66)-

MOTM: Craig Dawson (West Brom)

A good result against the team in the position below, a good even game and we just edged them and this strengthens our position in the table, now we are looking more hopeful of a European spot with just 8 games left and extending our unbeaten run to 5 games with 4 wins and a draw!

Arsenal 0 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

-Graham Dorrans (59)
-Claudio Yacob (83)

A really even game, but yet again the counter attacks were able to win it for us with both goals coming straight after Arsenal corners. This was a great win to end a great 2 months and hopefully the form shall continue into April!

League Table

View attachment 283368

Wow, what an amazing two months for the club, we increase our chances of gaining a European spot as we move into 3rd and also move 4 points clear of 5th. Also, the team just keeps getting stronger and stronger and I really believe that we have the possibility to win the rest of our games! Also now on an unbeaten streak of six with 5 wins and 1 draw, with us winning the last 4 games.

Best Player of February & March

View attachment 283369

Jonas Olsson
yet again having a great couple of months for us in our push for European football as he got 3 MOTM's and also helping us to keep out the opposition in games where they had many shots against us. Really is one of our best players who without, i'm sure our results would differ greatly.

April

View attachment 283400

West Brom 2 - 2 Sunderland
Premier League

Shane Long (33, 36)Steven Fletcher (44)
-John O'Shea (69)

A match we dominated as we had 25 shots and 63% possession so we really should have won this, but for some reason we really just couldn't score he obvious chances and also some lapses in defence let Sunderland to score 2 easy goals, was also one of the only games Jonas Olsson hasn't played, evidence that we really do need to play him every game.

QPR 4 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

Bobby Zamora (45+1, 86)Shane Long (27, 52, 82)
Djibril Cisse (51)-
Fabio (89)-

A very even game and after Shane Long finished off his hat trick with the 82nd minute goal, I thought we had won it, and so did the squad which caused them to become complacent and allow QPR to score 2 goals in 3 minutes to win it. Not happy.

West Brom 3 - 1 Man Utd
Premier League

Jonas Olsson (12)Tom Cleverley (53)
Robin Van Persie Own Goal (75)-
James McClean (80)-

Seems the kick up the back side I have the squad after the QPR result worked as we went out and completely dominated Man Utd. The team worked really well together this game as we had 18 shots and had 14 on target! I suppose that also means we probably should have scored more goals, but i'm still very pleased with the result.

Swansea City 3 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Itay Schechter (48)James McClean (15)
Danny Graham (60, pen 88)

MOTM: Danny Graham (Swansea City)

Another even game, but this game we just couldn't put our chances away, where as Swansea City were putting my defence under a lot of pressure and obviously Jonas Olsson was not on form as he gave away the penalty and was also at fault for the 60th minute goal.

League Table

View attachment 283398

Manchester City have retained their title and have won the league and are currently 17 points clear of Manchester United in 2nd place, showing that they did deserve to win it as they only lost 3 times this season. Reading have been relegated to the Championship with it being contested by 5 teams for the other 2 teams to be relegated. Also we are now only in 4th position on goal difference so we are now going to have to better whatever Everton do in the final 3 games of the season to ensure we get a Champions League spot.

Best Player of April

View attachment 283399

Had a good month for us, standing in for the injured Chris Brunt and is now showing the he has the capability to make that Left Midfield position his own so now could be a few decisions about who gets it, Brunt or McClean.

New Contract

View attachment 283402 View attachment 283403
At the end of the month I was also offered a new contract by Jeremy Peace, which of course I accepted, which he was delighted with!

View attachment 283404 View attachment 283405

Next Month

View attachment 283401

Now comes the last 3 games of the season. These are 3 games which we should really win, but if we don't win them, we just need to make sure that we match whatever Everton do, because, if we do that, we will get the final Champions League place due to our superior goal difference.

Last edited:
May & End of Season

View attachment 283431

Southampton 0 -3 West Brom
Premier League

-James Morrison (19)
-Markus Rosenberg (56)
-Peter Odemwingie (pen 75)

MOTM: James Morrison (West Brom)

Totally dominant game where we were on top throughout, also Everton drew their game meaning we went 2 points clear of 5th!

West Brom 4 - 1 Wigan Athletic
Premier League

Chris Brunt (12, 65)Emmerson Boyce (85)
Jonas Olsson (37)-
James McClean (72)

MOTM: Chris Brunt (West Brom)

Another game where we were totally on top and the score could have been even more as Shane Long missed a penalty and we also missed a few clear cut chances. Also Everton lost their game which could only mean one thing...

View attachment 283433

We had done it! We had secured ourselves a position in the Champions League next season!

The only thing we had to play for in the final game was the potential to take 2nd position

West Brom 2 -2 Fulham
Premier League

Markus Rosenberg (72)Bryan Ruiz (9)
Adryan (80)Dimitar Berbatov (72)

MOTM: Dimitar Berbatov (Fulham)

This was a game I was not overly bothered with so I decided to play a much weakened side, including a lot of younger players and players who do not start for me, therefore I was pleased with the result.

League Table

View attachment 283477

We managed to get 3rd place! We were only 1 goal off of getting 2nd as well but I really cannot complain about getting 3rd! Such a good season and hopefully we can build on this and potentially make a push for the title next season!

Best Player of May

View attachment 283479

He had yet another great month for us and I really do think now that he is going to be my first team left midfielder. Saying I only paid £3.7 Million for him I really do believe he was a bargain for his quality!

Best Player of the Season

View attachment 283480

Jonas Olsson really was our best player this season, He absolutely dominated the defence, he chipped in with goals for us, overall, I believe that without him we would not have finished as high as we did. It also shows how good he is as he was nominated as football of the year in the Premier League. Hope he can perform this well for us next season!

End of Season

After the season finished I received many emails telling me about different things that had happened for the team as a result of our great performances and for us finishing 3rd.

View attachment 283481

We got given $14.4 Million for finishing 3rd and this will help out the club financially a lot and hopefully some of this will be put towards transfers to improve our squad for next season!

View attachment 283482 View attachment 283483

The board have also decided to increase the stadium capacity and to also upgrade the youth facilities which is great because this means that we will be able to generate extra income from the more fans that come and also we will now be able to develop our youth players even better.

View attachment 283484

This shows just how well our team played as our 3 key players all got into the Premier League Team of the Season. Hopefully they will be able to perform this well again next season as we hope to push up for potentially the title!

View attachment 283485

Even I believe that i deserve this, as I managed to take West Brom, a mid table - bottom half team, and turned them into a European competing side, and also one that could potentially next season or the season after, challenge for the title.

Cup and League Winners/Relegated

England
Premier League

Winners - Manchester City

Relegated - Reading, Sunderland, West Ham

Promoted into Premier League - Wolves, Watford, Blackpool

FA Cup winners - Manchester United
Runners up - Aston Villa

Capital One Cup Winners - Liverpool
Runners up - Newcastle United

Other

Champions League Winners - Manchester City
Runners up - Barcelona

Europa League Winners - Borussia Monchengladbach
Runners up - Arsenal

Ligue 1 Champions - Olympique Lyonnais

Serie A Champions - Juventus

Bundesliga Champions - FC Bayern

Liga BBVA Champions - Barcelona

Pre-Season

View attachment 283487

I have also decided for the squad to go on a Pre-Season training camp in the U.S.A​

Last edited:
Wow! Well done on qualifying for the Champions League, an astonishing achievement. Keep it up and good luck in Europe

Beginning of Pre-Season

View attachment 283525 View attachment 283526

I looked over my squad and saw that after the last season had ended, a few of my players had gone down hill and this caused their abilities to decline also, most of all Zoltan Gera and Odemwingie. This meant that I would have no First Team right midfield and only really Shane Long upfront, this means I am going to have to find some players to replace them during pre-season.

View attachment 283527

Also after looking over my fixtures I realised the only game that should be a challenge is the game versus Werder Bremen, therefore I believe we should have a chance at winning them all.​

End of Pre-Season

View attachment 283556

Very pleased with my team at the end of this pre-season! We dominated in every game except the Werder Bremen one, where we had to score in the last minute to get a draw. But still, I am now very pleased with how my team played and I believe that we are ready for the new season!​

Transfers & August

August

View attachment 283578

West Brom 1 - 1 Wigan Athletic
Premier League

Shane Long (67)Arouna Kone (50)

Really not pleased with this result as we really should have won. Probably shouldn't have started so many new signings together at the same time. Best improve for the next game!

Blackpool 2 - 5 West Brom​

Premier League

Gary Taylor-Fletcher (44)Chris Brunt (36)
Matt Phillips (59)James Morrison (39)
-Nicklas Bendtner (63, 90+2)
-Victor Moses (67)

MOTM: James Morrison (West Brom)

Disappointed with the fact that we dropped a 2-0 lead, but pleased that we managed to come back from that to go on and score 3 more goals!

West Brom 1 - 2 Man Utd​

Premier League

James Morrison (89) Marek Hamsik (32)
-Ezequiel Munoz own goal (37)

MOTM: Marek Hamsik (Man Utd)

Probably a fair result in the end as my team really did not perform this game and to be honest we were lucky that they only managed to get 2 goals. Really hoping these new players start to gel into the team soon.

League Table

View attachment 283568

Not a great start to the month as we really should have beaten Wigan and I think we could have at least got a draw at Man Utd.

Champions League Group

View attachment 283577

Such a hard group group and I am going to have to play really well to be able to qualify through this group.

Transfers

View attachment 283569

View attachment 283570 View attachment 283571 View attachment 283572 View attachment 283573View attachment 283574 View attachment 283575 View attachment 283576

Very pleased with these signings, especially Munoz who I believe can form a great partnership with Olsson at centre back, and Im also pleased with the signing of Di Bartolo who looks like hes going to become a great centre midfielder. Marc Tierney is a good signing because he was cheap and also a good back up to Neil Taylor and Zaha and Butland are going to be great future players, with Moses becoming my first team right midfielder.

Big Transfers

Neymar - Barcelona
£42.5 Million

Cheick Tiote - Bayern Munchen
£23 Million

Arda Turan - Liverpool
£21 Million​

Ha. I got Munoz as well for my Aston Villa save and he did well for me. Hope he does well for you too even if he's playing for the Bastardly Baggies.

Zaha did well for Man City as well in my other save, so should do well here to. I largely played him as an attacking right winger though, right behind Defoe.

You done well to finish where you did last season but it'll be hard to keep up that form, always seems to be hard on this game in the second season. I like your signings though, on first glance I wasn't too sure on a few but you've gone for young players with clear potential and quality, maybe not champions league standard yet but with a group like you've got it'd be difficult even with a higher standard of players. Good luck to ya mate, good read.

Ha. I got Munoz as well for my Aston Villa save and he did well for me. Hope he does well for you too even if he's playing for the Bastardly Baggies.

Zaha did well for Man City as well in my other save, so should do well here to. I largely played him as an attacking right winger though, right behind Defoe.

Haha yeh i hope he does well and is worth the £7.5 million :p need him seeing as Olsson is 30 :L

Yeh I think that will be his main position for me to seeing as Bendtner and Long are doing well upfront and Moses is only on loan.

You done well to finish where you did last season but it'll be hard to keep up that form, always seems to be hard on this game in the second season. I like your signings though, on first glance I wasn't too sure on a few but you've gone for young players with clear potential and quality, maybe not champions league standard yet but with a group like you've got it'd be difficult even with a higher standard of players. Good luck to ya mate, good read.

I know its going to be so hard, will be lucky to get a win in my group tbh ): Yeah, I couldnt believe it when I saw Di Bartolos stats! He looks like hes going to be amazing when hes older :p cheers :)

Just read through all of this, one of the best stories I've seen on here for a while, keep it up mate :D

West Brom 2 - 3 Liverpool
Premier League

Nicklas Bendtner (41)Jonjo Shelvey (24)
Ezequiel Munoz (86)Fabio Borini (45+1, pen 52)

MOTM: Fabio Borini (Liverpool)

Disappointing result where we should have really got a draw. They had two penalties, both give away by Munoz so i'm hoping that he stops diving into his tackles and giving them away.

West Brom 2 - 2 PSG
Champions League Group Stage

Claudio Yacob (21)Zlatan Ibrahimovic (pen 44)
Nicklas Bendtner (pen 84)Javier Pastore (66)

MOTM: Patrice Evra (PSG)

Pleased with this result as PSG's team is so much better than ours and they really should have beaten us. Glad my team were able to pull it back and get us a point in such a hard group!

QPR 1 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Djibril Cisse (68)Youssuf Mulumbu (15)

A game where the stats showed that it was a very even game, but I still believe our squad has the ability to beat them so I am slightly disappointed. Hope the team starts to gel and play better soon.

West Brom 2 - 1 Norwich​
COC Round 3

Chris Brunt (19)Jonny Howson (76)
Wilfried Zaha (70)-

MOTM: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)​

Game which we dominated even when I played a much weaker side! Glad Zaha got his first goal for us and hopefully he will start to develop and score more goals for us.

Southampton 0 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

--

MOTM: Chris Solly (West Brom)​

Looking at the stats it was a very boring game as there were only 11 shots overall, and by looking at the squads they were pretty even as well as I played a slightly weaker side to my usual squad, therefore I am pleased with the result.

Premier League Table

View attachment 283746

Overall not a bad but not a good month either, couple of pleasing and a couple of disappointing results, overall i can tell that the thing we need to focus on the most is for our team to gel together and to start being able to pick apart the weaker teams defence's.

Champions League Table

View attachment 283748

At the moment anything could happen, but its obvious that Bayern Munchen are going to be very hard to beat as are PSG, therefore I think my teams going to have to perform really well for us to progress.

Best Player of September

View attachment 283749

No one played brilliantly this month but Munoz was our best player on average I believe he is going to start to form a great partnership with Olsson for this season.

Last edited: