May & End of Season

View attachment 287337

-----------------------------------

Schalke 4 - 3 (a) West Brom
Europa league Semi Final 2nd Leg

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (pen 29)Youssuf Mulumbu (6)
Kyriakos Papadopoulos (81)Filip Djuricic (38)
Teemu Pukki (85)Graham Dorrans (72)
Marco Hoger (90+3)-

MOTM: Filip Djuricic (West Brom)

This was a very exciting, and also even game, which after they scored the goal in injury time, I honestly thought we were going out as I had forgot about away goals, but the score over the 2 legs was 5-5 and we went through to final on away goals, where we will be playing Sevilla!

Stoke City 2 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Andrew Surman (19)Shane Long (15, 56)
Jonathan Walters (61)-

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)

Looking at the stats, the result was probably fair as it was a very even game, but slightly disappointed by the fact that our squad seemed to become complacent for about 5 minutes after each of our goals and this helped Stoke City to draw, so we really need to stop being complacent, as this could hurt us a lot in the Finals and in our charge for a Champions League place.

West Brom 2 - 0 Arsenal
Premier League

Shane Long (32)
-
Claudio Yacob (90+1)-

MOTM: Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)

We were the top side in this game and we really did deserve the win as we confined Arsenal to just 4 shots and we also improved our chances in the chase for a Champions League spot, I am also pleased that even with all the games this month and our players becoming tired, we are able to strongly beat one of the best teams in the league.

West Brom 3 - 1 Chelsea
FA Cup Final

Nicklas Bendtner (66)Romelu Lukaku (45+1)
Youssuf Mulumbu (70)-
Chris Brunt (86)-

MOTM: Nicklas Bendtner (West Brom)

Chelsea were absolutely dominating us for the first hour and at 60 minutes in, when we were 1-0 down, I decided to swap it up to a 4132 formation to get people forward and it worked brilliantly as we scored 2 goals in 4 minutes and the continued to batter Chelsea for the last 20 minutes, and when Brunt scored I was so happy as that had finished them off and we had won our first Silverware with me at the helm!

View attachment 287351 View attachment 287352 View attachment 287353

And with that cup win we secured ourselves a Europa League position at least, as well as being given around £2 Million in prize money to help increase the clubs finances which are greatly increasing!

West Brom 3 - 0 Sevilla
Europa League Final

Shane Long (15, 76)-
Antonio Luna Own Goal (46)-

The team performed superbly this game as we only had 4 shots overall and I decided to go defensive for the first half of this game and Shane Long scored from a counter, and then in the 2nd half I decided we should go for it and worked out brilliantly as we dominated Sevilla and made the game ours, and we won the Final strongly for our 2nd piece of Silverware this season!

View attachment 287354 View attachment 287355 View attachment 287356

And with that cup win we gained a lot more money for our finances as we got around £4 Million for winning the Europa League, and also £4 Million in Television revenue, this has helped to improve our finances greatly as we are now in just £1.2 Million debt and also classed as a rich club, which hopefully means I shall have a good transfer budget to improve the squad even more for next season!

Norwich City 1 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Marc Tierney Own Goal (58)Chris Brunt (84)
-Graham Dorrans (85)

MOTM: Wallace (West Brom)

We did win this game, but in reality it should have been a draw, or maybe a loss because I really think Marc Tierney wanted his old team win seeing as since he's joined us hes only played in 6 games, and he scored an own goal and also got sent off in this game, so safe to say he's gone in the Summer!

West Brom 3 - 1 Swansea City
Premier League

James McClean (45+1)Ki Sung-Yeung (pen 68)
Shane Long (46)-
Ashley Williams Own Goal (55)-

MOTM: Ben Foster (West Brom)

Ben Foster really did deserve MOTM as Swansea City hammered our goal with 19 shots, but he and our defence held strong and we scored a couple of goals on the break to get us the win this game, and we needed Chelsea to draw or lose their game, to make 4th place ours and they drew 2 - 2 with Aston Villa which meant...

View attachment 287335

We had got a Champions League place 2 seasons in a row which I am very pleased with and even if Chelsea had won, we do still have one more game in hand against Everton, who had also just been relegated, so I believe even if Chelsea had won, we would have been able to secure 4th.

West Brom 4 - 2 Everton
Premier League

James McClean (15)Bryan Oviedo (61)
Adryan (19)Anderson (90+1)
Nicklas Bendtner (44, 71)-

MOTM: Nicklas Bendtner (West Brom)

This was a pointless game for us as we had already got 4th place, and also it was mathematically impossible for us to get 3rd so I decided to see what some of my younger players who havent played much this season do, and they did well because even though Everton were relegated, they still have a good squad so I am pleased with this result and it was a good way to end the season!

League Table

View attachment 287333

This was our best month in the 2 seasons I have been at West Brom as we dominated every game as we won 6, drew 1 and lost 1, as well as winning 2 cups and getting ourselves 4th position for Champions League football next season!

We got 4th position by 4 points, which I think is good as it gave us some breathing space, but we were also only 8 points off 1st, which makes me think if we had won the games we should have won against some of the teams we lost to, then I believe we could have had the possibility of winning the league, but I really wouldn't complain if we performed as well as we did this season, next season.

Best Player of the Season

View attachment 287332

Shane Long had a brilliant season for us as he scored 40 goals in 50 games for us, he was influential throughout the entire season, and some games he even won the games for us himself, so I am not surprised as to why his value has increased greatly up to £15 Million, and unless we get some ridiculous offer for him, hopefully he can smash in the goals again for us next season!

End of Season

After the season finished I received many emails telling me about different things that had happened for the club due to us finishing 4th such as financial and facility changes.

View attachment 287328 View attachment 287364

View attachment 287329 View attachment 287330

We got given £23.69 Million for finishing 4th and also around £22 Million in Champions League television revenue and this has helped to greatly improve our finances and as a result, it has given the club the funds to be able to improve the youth and training facilities, and also extend the stadium capacity.

View attachment 287331

Yet again I believe I deserve this seeing as I managed to perform greatly in developing the squad as we managed to win the FA Cup and the Europa Cup, as well as gaining us a Champions League position yet again, so hopefully we can get higher next season.

Cup and League Winners/Relegated

England
Premier League

Winners - Manchester City

Relegated - Blackpool, Everton, Watford

Promoted into Premier League - Reading, Sunderland, West Ham

FA Cup winners - West Brom
Runners up - Chelsea

Capital One Cup Winners - Manchester United
Runners up - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Other

Champions League Winners - Manchester United
Runners up - Juventus

Europa League Winners - West Brom
Runners up - Sevilla

Ligue 1 Champions - Olympique Lyonnais

Serie A Champions - AFC Fiorentina

Bundesliga Champions - Borussia Dortmund

Liga BBVA Champions - Real Madrid

Budget

View attachment 287365

I have been given around £20 Million for the transfer window over the Summer, which I believe is a very good amount, which I think I can use to help improve my squad even more!​

Last edited:
Beginning of Pre-Season
View attachment 287377View attachment 287378

I looked over my squad and saw that after the last season had ended, quite a lot of my players were now no longer up to the capabilities of playing for our team as we are now having to play against a lot stronger teams and pushing for the title, they just are good enough, and this is mostly upfront and in midfield so I will be looking to strengthen those positions, as well as my wing backs, as Wallace is the only one worthy of a starting position there at the moment.

View attachment 287379

Looking at these friendlies I should really be winning them all, most of them strongly and comfortable. I will also be playing Manchester United in the Euro Super Cup and Manchester City in the Community Shield, giving us 2 more chances at some more Silverware!

End of Pre-Season

View attachment 287399

This was a very easy pre-season where we dominated every game, and I was also able to see every player in action, with everyone playing really well therefore giving me a headache as to who to choose for my starting line up against Manchester City in the Community Shield.

National News

Also during the Summer, England lost 3-0 to Uruguay in the World Cup Final, and once the World Cup ended, I was offered the Croatia job which I accepted.

View attachment 287400 View attachment 287401

So I am wondering whether you want me to tell you about what goes on whilst I am manager of Croatia, or just stick to West Brom?​

Great story so far mate. Love the layout

Transfers & August

August

View attachment 287710

West Brom 3 - 3 Manchester City
(4 - 3 Penalties)
Community Shield

Vincent Aboubakar (5)Marouane Fellaini (2)
Borja (35)David Silva (15)
Youssuf Mulumbu (77)Carlos Tevez (89)

MOTM: David Silva (Manchester City)

In terms of possession Manchester City were the top team but we dominated in every other stat as we managed to get 19 shots against the current Champions of England which I think is very good. We also did very well to come back and regain confidence after going behind after just 2 minutes. Then we had other chances to win the penalty shoot out but we won it in the end.

West Brom 3 - 0 Fulham
Premier League

Lazar Markovic (4)-
Adem Ljajic (69)-
Ezequiel Munoz (72)-

MOTM: Filip Djuricic (West Brom)

A very good and easy win for us as we dominated from start to finish to show right from the start of the season, that we mean business! Hopefully we can perform this well this season and not slip up against weaker teams like we did last season.

A.C. Milan 2 - 2 West Brom
Champions League Best placed Playoff 1st Leg

Pato (9, 67)Shane Long (3)
-Filip Djuricic (45+4)

MOTM: Pato (A.C. Milan)

This was a very even game where the draw was probably the right result and I am very pleased with this result against one of the best clubs in Italy and I do believe we have a chance to get through.

Sunderland 1 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

Lee Cattermole (71)Youssuf Mulumbu (37)
-Alexander Milosevic (49)
-Adem Ljajic (60)

MOTM: Alexander Milosevic (West Brom)

Another easy game for us where we were the top team and dominated them from start to finish just like against Fulham. Continuing the good month and start to the season!

West Brom (a) 0 - 0 A.C. Milan
Champions League Best placed Playoff 2nd Leg

--

MOTM: Francesco Acerbi (A.C. Milan)

This was a very even game where the draw was probably the right result and this draw of course meant that we would be going through to the group stages due to away goals!

Man Utd 1 - 2 West Brom
Euro. Super Cup

Wayne Rooney (31)Neil Taylor (18)
-Shane Long (55)

MOTM: Ezequiel Munoz (West Brom)

An even game where we slightly had the edge and probably deserved the win as we parked the bus after the goal in the 18th minute and then went counter attacking which obviously payed off as we won the Super Cup!

View attachment 287716

Another £2.6 Million added to ever increasing funds!

League Table

View attachment 287709

Picked up where we left off last season as we dominated in both our Premier League games, whilst also performing excellently in our cup games! Really showing that West Brom are becoming a big force in Europe!

Champions League Group

View attachment 287708

God dammit, we yet again have one of the hardest groups where we will have to play well to even get a draw from Juventus and it will be a close game against OL, but I do believe that our new squad has the capability to upset the odds and get through.

Transfers

View attachment 287698

View attachment 287699 View attachment 287700 View attachment 287701 View attachment 287702View attachment 287703 View attachment 287704 View attachment 287705 View attachment 287706View attachment 287707

Very pleased with these signings as I believe they will help to greatly increase the strength of our squad. Over pre-season, I looked at our squad and decided that if we wanted to be even stronger and challenge for the title, then we would definately need atleast 3 positions improving, which were Striker and Wingers.

Aboubakar
is looking like he's going to be a great talent and be able to challenge for the starting role. Markovic and Ljajic have become my starting wingers, with Djuricic down the middle, meaning the my entire attacking midfield is Serbian, but I believe this is a good thing as they will be better at communicating and will also learn to play together well as they are all in the Serbian First Team.

I brought in Medel as a utility man as he is able to play in most positions except striker, so therefore he will be a great starter alongside Mulumbu, as well as also a great back up in case I have any problems. Takagi, Borja and Dodo have been brought in as back ups to the first team and I believe they are capable of doing this well. With Ramirez and Molina being future prospects.

Big Transfers

Maicon (FC Porto) - Man City
£26 Million

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke) - Barcelona
£21.5 Million

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool) - Real Madrid
£18.75 Million​

Last edited:

September

View attachment 288608

QPR 0 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

-Vincent Aboubakar (16, 46, 71)

MOTM: Vincent Aboubakar (West Brom)

Looking at that stats this should have been a very ever game as every stat was virtually the same, except the fact that we took our clear cut chances, well more specifically Aboubakar did, and he is looking like a great signing, and its even better that I got him on a free! But unfortunately he did get injured and is now out for around 6 weeks.

Sparta Prague 0 - 5 West Brom
Champions League Group Stage

-Chris Brunt (13)
-Shane Long (22, 26)
-Adem Ljajic (45+1)
-Graham Dorrans (57)

We really are taking our chances this season as we only had 12 shots this game and scored every clear cut chance! By the stats it was another even game as the possession was even, they had 12 shots etc. but we took our chances, and our defence and goalkeeper held strong!

Reading 1 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Mikele Leigertwood (27)Filip Djuricic (42)
-Alexander Milosevic (80)

MOTM: Alexander Milosevic (West Brom)

We were actually 2nd best in this game as attacking wise, the weaker side I put out did not perform and get many chances, but the defenders performed well and we had to rely on a belter of a goal from Milosevic to win a game which we should have dominated.

West Brom 4 - 2 Bolton

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Dodo (38)Brett Pitman (36)
Tim Ream Own Goal (44)Jason Puncheon (80)
Lazar Markovic (65)-
Yoshiaki Takagi (72)-

MOTM: Yoshiaki Takagi (West Brom)

I played a much weaker side this game and even though we scored 4 goals and dominated them throughout the game, I am disappointed in the fact that we conceded 2 goals from some poor defending, but I will let them off due to the fact I was playing defenders who haven't played much this season so far, as well as this being Butland's 1st game for us this season.

West Brom 0 - 2 Manchester United
Premier League

-Danny Welbeck (45+1)
-Ezequiel Munoz Own Goal (74)

MOTM: Jonny Evans (Man Utd)

Disappointed with this result as we do have the quality to get at least a draw from Man Utd, and looking at the stats we should have, but it seems that the large amount of games we are playing at the moment is taking its tole as the players are becoming tired very quickly and are losing focus during the match easily.

West Brom 1 - 2 Juventus
Champions League Group Stage

Kwadwo Asamoah Own Goal (39)Claudio Marchisio (61)
-Neil Taylor Own Goal (90+1)

MOTM: Claudio Marchisio (Juventus)

I have no idea how it was only 2-1 to Juventus as they absolutely battered us a kept us confined to just 4 shots throughout the game and only 40% possession. But it shows that our defence held strong and that if Neil Taylor didn't score a freak own goal we would have got a point as the Asamoah own goal was a definite fail by him.

League Table

View attachment 288607

Was a great month in the league as we won 2 of our 3 games and played well in them both and I think if we improve against the bigger teams, such as the game against Manchester United, we will be able to push on and be able aim for a very high position in the table.

Champions League Group Stage Table

View attachment 288609

Overall I am pleased with the start as we had an amazing win against Sparta Prague to greatly improve our goal difference and although we lost against Juventus we still performed well. Reckon we will still be able to qualify though.

Best Player of September

View attachment 288610

Ezequiel Munoz had a brilliant month as he showed why he is now our star defender and our rock at the back, and I believe that he has become the perfect stand in for Jonas Olsson and he really is becoming one of our best players.

Unfortunately after receiving my computer back after having it repaired, I lost everything, meaning that I have lost this save ): I shall be starting a new story either tonight or tomorrow :)