FC Bayern 1 - 2 West Brom
Champions League Group Stage

Fernando Llorente (63)Victor Moses (28)
-Nicklas Bendtner (36)

MOTM: Graham Dorrans (West Brom)

Wow. I actually have no idea how we beat them. They absolutely dominated us and we finished having 35% possession and had 5 shots and target where as they had 25 shots! But still, glad we were able to do it and improve our chances of getting into the knockouts!

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

Gareth Bale (54)-
Sandro (63)-

MOTM: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)

Well we really did deserve to lose this as we were completely out played and had no chance of winning this. Going to have to really focus on a lot of squad rotation this season as the games really are coming thick and fast now and everyones becoming tired.

Watford 1 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Joe Mason (90+1)Nicklas Bendtner (17)

MOTM: Jonas Olsson (West Brom)

We really should have won this game and it should have been a comfortable one as well. Threw away so many chances and then in the last 10 minutes everyone but Foster and Olsson seemed to have given up as Watford constantly attacked us and got the last minute equaliser. Really should be winning these games.

West Brom 4 - 1 CSKA Moscow​

Shane Long (4, 52)Sekou Oliseh (45+1)
Youssuf Mulumbu (9)-
Chris Solly (29)-

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)​

So happy we were able to beat CSKA Moscow! And to do so in such fashion! Absolutely dominated them from start to finish and got a really good feeling that we are going to be able to qualify for the knockouts!

West Brom 5 - 1 Fulham
Premier League

Chris Brunt (4)Brede Hangeland (52)
Victor Moses (23)-
Ezequiel Munoz (26)-
Jonas Olsson (45)-
Nicklas Bendtner (65)-

MOTM: Victor Moses (West Brom)​

A game where we decided to take all the best chances we had! Just looking at the stats it looked as if it would have been an even game but obviously that win against CSKA Moscow spurred the players on and we destroyed Fulham! Hopefully we carry on this form and start to perform better in the League as well.

West Brom 4 - 3 Middlesborough
COC 4th Round

Nicklas Bendtner (5, pen 33, 52)Faris Haround (8, 54)
James Morrison (70)Marvin Emnes (60)

MOTM: Nicklas Bendtner (West Brom)

Even though we won I am really not happy with this result as we totally dominated them and restricted them to just 6 shots, where as we had 29! We threw away a 3-0 lead and only won it due to a defensive mistake from them which let in Morrison to score the winner. Best not play like this next month otherwise the players could be in for a serious *** kicking!

Premier League Table

View attachment 284509

Overall in terms of the league, I think this was an average month as we really should have done a lot better against Tottenham and really should have won the game against Watford. We really need to start performing better in the league.

Champions League Table

View attachment 284511

Such a good month in terms of the Champions League as we put ourselves into 1st position and with a 3 point lead over 3rd I really do think we have the ability now to go on and make it through to the knockout stages!

Best Player of October

View attachment 284510

Nicklas Bendtner was a really important player for us this month as he played an important part in the win against Bayern Munich and then single handedly helped to try and win us the game against Middlesborough. If he continues this kind of form over the next few months I may even considering making his move permanent in January or the Summer.

West Brom 2 - 0 Norwich City
Premier League

Graham Dorrans (73, 87)-

A very easy win which we dominated and probably could have scored a few more goals.

CSKA Moscow 3 - 2 West Brom

Seydou Doumbia (17)Graham Dorrans (36)
Keisuke Honda (32, 60)Chris Brunt (59)

MOTM: Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

A very even game where the result really should have been a draw but we were just not able to deal with them at times and this caused us to lose, still looking good for progressing though.

West Brom 2 - 2 Chelsea
Premier League

Chris Brunt (20)Fernando Torres (51)
Graham Dorrans (20)Frank Lampard (pen 83)

MOTM: Chris Brunt (West Brom)

This was a game which we really should have won as we dominated them throughout the entire match and Shane Long also missed 2 penalties! Dont think he will be taking them anymore! Then after we had the comfortable lead going into the 2nd half, we decided to let in a cheap goal and also give away a stupid penalty. The poor beginning this season has resulted in the following:

View attachment 284534

Looks like we are really going to have to start playing a lot better, otherwise thats the end for me at West Brom! ):

PSG 1 - 1 West Brom

Javier Pastore (3)Youssuf Mulumbu (15)

MOTM: Ezequiel Munoz (West Brom)​

We were so lucky to get this draw as we were confined to just 3 shots and 35% possession. But its seem a draw was enough as I was not sacked but it seems that we really need to start playing better and winning games again.

Man City 2 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Carlos Tevez (62, 83)Nicklas Bendtner (13)

MOTM: David Silva (Man City)​

Yet another game we deserved to lose as we yet again only had 3 shots and 35% possession. Not liking how we are playing and I think im going to have to have a tactics change.

Premier League Table

View attachment 284537

Overall in terms of the league, I think this was an average month as we really should have done a lot better against Tottenham and really should have won the game against Watford. We really need to start performing better in the league.

Champions League Table

View attachment 284538

Really think we can progress as all we need to do is get a point in our final game against Bayern Munich. And I also believe this is the only reason I am probably still the manager because we are doing well in the Champions League.

Best Player of November

Everyone played appallingly this month and therefore no one gets it.

I like this story so far for several reasons..........

1. Easy to read
2. Good layout
3. Sunderland went down.

My only suggestion would be that you could highlight your scorers in the box to a different colour (blue?) but that is just to my personal taste really

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Really enjoying this story, KUPTGW! Can't belive the sack looms, where is the loyalty eh?

I like this story so far for several reasons..........

1. Easy to read
2. Good layout
3. Sunderland went down.

My only suggestion would be that you could highlight your scorers in the box to a different colour (blue?) but that is just to my personal taste really

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Yeh I may do, would make it easier to see whos scored for me, thanks for the advice.

Glad you like it!

Really enjoying this story, KUPTGW! Can't belive the sack looms, where is the loyalty eh?

Cheers! I know! Get them 3rd and in the champions league! But i have to admit, our league form has been appalling as we were in and around the relegation zone :L

Glad you like it :)

mate great thread, how do i post pictures so they show up straight away instead of using gyazo/imageshack so the images are like yours and show on thread?

Tottteham Hotspur 1 - 2 West Brom
Capital One Cup Quarter Final

Emmanuel Adebayor (31)James Morrison (35)
-Shane Long (119)

MOTM: Ezequiel Munoz (West Brom)

The counter attacks came through for me yet again as I was once again restricted to just 3 shots! The defence were playing well though and they were the main reason why we have managed to get into the Semi Final where we will play either Man Utd or Everton.

West Brom 0 - 2 Bayern Munich

-Holger Badstuber (39)
-Mario Mandzukic (59)

MOTM:
Holger Badstuber (Bayern Munich)

Really wish the game waas how the stats had shown as they showed that it should have been a draw, which we needed, but unfortunately they took their chances better than we did, and due to PSG winning, it now meant we were out of the Champions Legaue, but we were now getting a chance at the Europa League.

Arsenal 6 - 2 West Brom

Premier League

Olivier Giroud (17, 24, 29, 84)James Morrison (56)
Santi Cazorla (20)Shane Long (74)
Aaron Ramsey (46)-

MOTM: Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)

I dont even. What the. Wow. Literally could not believe this when we went 4-0 down after just 20 minutes! Really thought I was going to be getting the sack after. Completely humiliated us and everyone played poorly.

West Brom 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier League

-Demba Ba (68)

MOTM: Reto Ziegler (Newcastle United)

This game really should have ended as a draw as it was a very even game, but unfortunately we were unable to defend against a counter attack from one of our corners and Demba Ba took his chance very well.

West Brom 2 - 1 Wolves
Premier League

Alexander Milosevic (86)Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (13)
Wilfried Zaha (90+1)-

MOTM: Wilfried Zaha (West Brom)

Even though it took us so long to win it, im glad we did. I was close to being sacked and if I had lost this game I think that would have been it. So I couldn't believe it when we stole it in the last 5 minutes! Happy that they bought me some extra time!

West Brom 3 - 1 Stoke City
Premier League

Shane Long (20, 90+1)Glenn Whelan (90)
Neil Taylor (69)-

MOTM: Shane Long (West Brom)

A very comfortable victory in a game which we dominated and were the deserved winners. Glad that the team have obviously slightly improved in form and hopefully this will help to improve my position at the club.

Swansea City 0 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

-James Morrison (2)
-Shane Long (24)

MOTM: Ashley Williams (Swansea City)

Another even game and unlike Swansea, we took our chances are we are now actually starting to find some form in the league! Really hope it continues.

Wigan Athletic 1 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Jordi Gomez (90)Shane Long (69)

MOTM: Claudio Yacob (West Brom)

The draw in the end was probably a much fairer result according to the stats but I am obviously disappointed that we conceded in the last minute of the game.

Premier League Table

View attachment 284550

As you can see on the table, this month we took a considerable climb up the table and we are now playing much better! Hopefully this form shall continue and will also help me to keep my position at the club!

Champions League Table

View attachment 284551

As you can see from the table we have been knocked out of the Champions League by just 1 point, therefore I am still pleased that we came close but also disappointed as I really believe that after the first couple of games we could have got through, but still at least we are still playing the Europe, in the Europa League!

Europa League

We shall be playing the Ukrainian Premier League side Dynamo Kiev in the first knockout round and I do believe we have the quality to beat them.

Best Player of December

View attachment 284552

Shane Long was one of the main reasons as to why we had a good end to the month as over the course of the month he scored 8 goals in 9 games! Really hope he continues his form and helps to push us up the table and to progress further in the 3 cups we are still in!

mate great thread, how do i post pictures so they show up straight away instead of using gyazo/imageshack so the images are like yours and show on thread?

Cheers! If you look across the toolbar theres a button to insert an image and then you basically select the images you want to insert and then they should should appear like they do on mine. Hope that helps :)

Wow awesome stuff buddy, great layout

Transfers & January

January

View attachment 284706

West Brom 1 - 0 Crawley
FA Cup 3rd Round

Ezequiel Munoz (90)-

MOTM: Mark Connolly (Crawley)

Played a much weaker side this game and I am slightly disappointed that we were unable to win the game until the last minute of the game, even though we dominated them for the entire match.

West Brom 2 - 5 Man Utd
COC Semi Final Leg 1

Wilfried Zaha (77)Danny Welbeck (31)
Davide Santon Own Goal (80)Nemanja Vidic (43)
-Shinji Kagawa (62)
-Marek Hamsik (73)
-Robin Van Persie (79)

MOTM: Robin Van Persie (Man Utd)

So disappointed with this game as our defence performed so poorly! It was a very even game but my by defence just didn't seem to be focused today and let in all the shots that they had on target.

Man Utd 3 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Robin Van Persie (16, 44)Shane Long (56)
Andriy Yarmolenko (36)-

MOTM: Marek Hamsik (Man Utd)

Defence performed a lot better today because even though we conceded 3 goals we really should have conceded 5 or 6 with the amount of shots on goal they had which was 19! We only managed 4 shots in the entire game with just 1 on target. Not a good performance.

West Brom 2 - 1 Blackpool
Premier League

Youssuf Mulumbu (53)James Vaughan (42)
Wilfried Zaha (62)-

MOTM: Craig Cathcart (Blackpool)

We did not perform well at all in the first half as Blackpool dominated us, but after an *** whooping in the changing rooms at half time, the players came out fired up and dominated and won us the game even after being behind! Hope we perform like we did in the 2nd half from now on.

Man Utd 3 - 2 West Brom
COC Semi Final Leg 2

Danny Welbeck (30, 34, 57)Wilfried Zaha (3, 64)

MOTM: Danny Welbeck (Man Utd)

Really wish my defence performed better and didn't allow Welbeck to perform as well as I was close to signing him but this game resulted in him being taking off the transfer list and rejecting our contract. But still we did perform okay, just need the defence to start playing better.

Leeds 2 - 4 West Brom
FA Cup 4th Round

Davide Somma (37, 65)Shane Long (7, 16, 47)
-Neil Taylor (42)

Completely dominant display where we easily won this game and probably could have scored a couple more goals. Although to lapses in defence did allow them to score to easy goals. Don't know whats going on with my defence this month.

West Brom 3 - 2 QPR
Premier League

Youssuf Mulumbu (23)Djibril Cisse (1, 88)
Filip Djuricic (41)-
Shane Long (65)-

MOTM: Djibril Cisse (QPR)

Looking at that stats we really did not deserve to win this game as QPR dominated us from start to finish. But, the squad showed their determination that in any situation that they will try their best and in this case it showed as we managed to overcome them and win it.

League Table

View attachment 284708

In terms of in the league, this was a great month as we managed to push ourselves up from 10th to 6th and we are now performing a lot better than we did at the start of the season, and this has also improved my position at the club.

Best Player of January

View attachment 284719

Best player of the month has to be Ezequiel Munoz, who is easily and quickly becoming our star defender and I believe he will easily be able to take the place of Olsson as our main main in defence.

Transfers

View attachment 284709

View attachment 284710 View attachment 284711 View attachment 284712

Very pleased with these transfers as they are going to help to greatly strengthen our midfield, and also due to Bendtner being out for around 2 months with an injury, I see Guidetti as a great replacement, and also someone with potential and could grow to become a good striker here.

I am sad about the departures of Morrison and Olsson as they have been 2 of our best players this season. But Djuricic is going to be a great replacement for Morrison and is much younger with Livermore helping to provide back up in CM.

Also I have a lot of competition in CB with the likes of Dawson, Sviatchenko and Milosevic, so I believe he is someone I am able to sell, also £9 million for a 30 year old who's stats will soon start to decrease? I just couldn't say no.

Future Transfers

View attachment 284713

View attachment 284714 View attachment 284715 View attachment 284716 View attachment 284717

With it being January, it meant that some players would only have 6 months left on their contracts so I decided to have a look for who I could get and i'm very pleased with who I managed to get!

Takagi is going to be a great replacement for Brunt, who is closing in on his 30's and also seems to get injured quite a bit.

Aboubakar is a great signing as I only have one permanent experienced striker and I believe next season he will be able to form a great partnership with Long, with Guidetti becoming a back up and Zaha becoming my main Right winger.

Molina and Ramirez look brilliant saying that they 16 & 18, so I believe that they will be great players in the future.

Big Transfer News

Nani - Juventus
£18 Million

Willian - Napoli
£17.75 Million

Milos Krasic - Tottenham
£15.75 Million​

Liverpool 3 - 3 West Brom
Premier League

Arda Turan (30)Victor Moses (18)
Steven Gerrard (61)Shane Long (38)
Luis Suarez (70)John Guidetti (68)

MOTM: Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

A very good game where the score was a fair result, but to be honest, slightly disappointed that we threw away the lead 3 times. But still, glad to see we are able to play well against one of the bigger teams in the league, although they are not performing brilliantly.

West Brom 3 - 1 Southampton
Premier League

John Guidetti (8, 77)Jay Rodriguez (22)
Claudio Yacob (42)-

MOTM: John Guidetti (West Brom)

An excellent performance against the leagues in form side as we dominated them from start to finish and also I can see now that Guidetti is going to be a great signing for us as he performed excellently. Hope we can continue to play like this.

West Brom 2 - 1 Tottenham
Premier League

Shane Long (pen 10)Sandro (17)
Wilfried Zaha (89)-

MOTM: Victor Moses (West Brom)

So happy with this result as Tottenham were the team top of the league at this point so were obviously going to be playing well and also their players will be full of confidence. But we showed them that they aren't the only team with confidence at the moment as we dominated them and held them well and even managed to steal a goal at the end with Zaha, who's performances haven't gone unnoticed as he has been called up into the England senior squad!

Aston Villa 3 - 2 West Brom
Premier League

Darren Bent (13, 38)Shane Long (55)
Jack Grealish (90+2)Claudio Yacob (87)

MOTM: Darren Bent (Aston Villa)

This was a very even game where the result really should have been a draw but obviously after Yacob scored the equaliser the teamed got complacent and allowed Grealish to go through and score a last minute goal, just need to make sure in the future that the team dont become complacent because we have done that a few times now.

West Brom 4 - 0 Barnsley
FA Cup 5th Round

Wilfried Zaha (5, 8)-
Graham Dorrans (23)-
Erik Sviatchenko (58)-

As expected we totally dominated Barnsley with our weaker team and we could have scored even more goals. But still, pleased that even our weaker side could dominate so well as we restricted them to just 3 shots and just 34% possession. We will be hosting Sunderland in the 6th Round.

Dynamo Kyiv 2 - 1 West Brom
Europa League 1st Knockout Round Leg 1

Chris Solly Own Goal (11)Neil Taylor (12)
Niko Kranjcar (21)-

MOTM: Eugene Khacheridi (Dynamo Kyiv)

Regretted playing a few of my younger players this game as I thought we would dominate them, evidently not as this now means that we go in the 2nd leg, 2-1 down, but we do have the advantage of an away goal.

West Brom 4 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv
Europa League 1st Knockout Round Leg 2

Shane Long (1, 3, pen 20)Artem Kravets (61)
Craig Dawson (73)-

Decided to play a full strength squad for this team and it showed we are the much better side as we completely dominated them and had 20 shots and 65% possession where as they had just 3 shots. After this win we will now be playing Lille in the Europa League 2nd Knockout Round.

League Table

View attachment 284786

An absolutely great month in the league where some great results and the one disappointment against Aston Villa helped us to reduce the amount of points between us as 1st to just 8 points with 12 games remaining, we can do it!

Best Player of February

View attachment 284788

Shane Long was brilliant for us this month as he scored 6 goals for us in 6 appearances and he also single handedly helped us into the next round of the Europa League with his hat trick against Dynamo Kyiv.

Transfers

View attachment 284789

Signed this guy on a free transfer but unfortunately he does not have a work permit, and therefore I shall be loaning him out so that he can gain this and hopefully when he gets a work permit, he will have the ability to play for us.

March

View attachment 285480

-----------------------------------

West Brom 1 - 0 Watford
Premier League
Chris Brunt (72)
-

MOTM: Leon Barnett (Watford)
A very boring game where overall there was only 9 goals, with us having the only one target. Therefore I am pleased we managed to win the game as it really should have been a draw, but glad to see my weaker side is able to perform and keep up with them.

LOSC 1 - 2 West Brom
Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Leg 1

Nolan Roux (82)
Aurelien Chedjou Own Goal (21)
-
Shane Long (52)

Another even game where we slightly edged it and in the end we probably deserved the win as we were on top in both half, but only just. This gives us the advantage for the 2nd leg.

West Brom 5 - 0 Aston Villa
Premier League

Graham Dorrans (7)
-
Ezequiel Munoz (12)
-
Filip Djuricic (68, 74)
Ron Vlaar Own Goal (71)

Looking at the stats you wouldn't have guessed that we would have scored 5 goals as we only had 8 shots in total! Very good finishing from our squad as we absolutely ripped apart our midland rivals with a performance I was very pleased with!

West Brom 3 - 1 LOSC

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Leg 2

Shane Long (2)
Javier Hernandez (36)
Claudio Yacob (13)
-
Graham Dorrans (62)
-

A game where in all fairness we didn't deserve to win as LOSC were completely dominate, but our defence held strong and we took our chances. We win 5-2 on aggregate and we shall be playing Spartak Moscow in the Quarter Finals!

West Brom 0 - 0 Sunderland
FA Cup 6th Round

-
-

MOTM: Carlos Cuellar (Sunderland)

Played a weaker side this game and we still managed to dominate them, was evident the weaker players were not used to playing together though as they were unable to finish their chances.

Fulham 2 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

Park Chu-Young (74)
Graham Dorrans (76)
Alexander Buttner (78)
-

MOTM: Craig Dawson (West Brom)

We really were the second best team here and we deserved to lose, the team did not perform well at all and the other team seemed to know how we played and defended well against us, need to change up the tactics again.

Newcastle 1 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

Papiss Cisse (8)
-

MOTM: Ezequiel Munoz (West Brom)

A very poor game in the end as there were only 7 shots in the whole game with only 3 being on target, but in terms of the other stats we were 2nd best and therefore we probably did deserve to lose in the end.

League Table

View attachment 285481

The month started brilliantly with the wins against Watford and Aston Villa, but the losses at the end of the month caused us to drop 1 place, but we are still in the hunt for another Champions League spot.

Best Player of March

View attachment 285479

Graham Dorrans performed greatly for us this month as he was one of most important and influential players in our matches, and hopefully he can perform this well again in the final push!

Last edited:
Win that game in hand and push for the Champions League

Thats an order by the way:p

Win that game in hand and push for the Champions League

Thats an order by the way:p

Haha I shall give it my best!

Btw just thought i'd say that I love your Bilbao stories and your stories were the reason i wanted to start one myself :)

April

View attachment 286611

West Brom 3 - 1 Spartak Moscow
Europa League Quarter Final Leg 1

Nicklas Bendtner (22)Welliton (59)
Wilfried Zaha (60, 64)-

Totally dominant display in this half as we absolutely battered them from start to finish and put ourselves in a good position for the 2nd leg.

West Brom 4 - 0 Man City
Premier League

Filip Djuricic (35)-
Shane Long (58)-
Nicklas Bendtner (80, 90+1)-

The counter attacks pay of yet again!! We only had 10 shots in total and we somehow managed to keep Man City out who had 29 shots! So pleased with our teams performance in this game, especially the defence!

Spartak Moscow 3 - 3 West Brom
Europa League Quarter Final Leg 1

Welliton (45, 88)Shane Long (24)
Diniyar Bilyadletinov (81)Craig Dawson (42)
-Wilfried Zaha (53)

MOTM: Welliton (Spartak Moscow)

Plenty of shots and plenty of goals as we both had 23 shots each so it was a very thrilling game and as it was
2-1 at half time (5-2 on aggregate) I knew that we were already going to be in the Semis so I decided to go all out and see how many goals we could get and it did slightly back fire as it resulted in out defence being caught out of position multiple times, but still, we got through!

Chelsea 0 - 1 West Brom
Premier League

-Shane Long (75)

MOTM: John Terry (Chelsea)

A very even game where we just edged it due to a counter attack, which are looking very important in this final push at the end of the season for another Champions League place!

Sunderland 0 - 2 West Brom
FA Cup 6th Round Replay

-Filip Djuricic (5)
Jake Livermore (65)

MOTM: Matthew Kilgallon (Sunderland)

Match which my weaker side were on top of throughout the entire game to get us a comfortable win to put us through to play Tottenham in semis!

Tottenham 0 - 2 West Brom
FA Cup Semi Final

-James McClean (45+3)
-Shane Long (52)

MOTM: Filip Djuricic (West Brom)

So happy with this result as we were being dominated for the first half an hour but then I decided to change the tactics up a bit to go a bit more attacking, and it worked brilliantly as we started to tear them apart with goals either side of half time, and then with them having Sandro sent off, them game was all basically done and we shall be playing Chelsea in the final!

West Brom 2 - 1 Schalke
Europa League Semi Final Leg 1

Graham Dorrans (9)Joel Matip (43)
James McClean (89)-

MOTM: Joel Matip (Schalke)

An even game where we probably did just slightly edge it, so we probably did deserve the win, giving us the advantage in the 2nd leg!

Wolves 0 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

--

MOTM: Joel Matip (Schalke)

An even game where we probably did just slightly edge it, so we probably did deserve the win, giving us the advantage in the 2nd leg!

League Table

View attachment 286612

Our best month by far! Resulted in us being in the FA Cup final, in a position to get into the Europa League Final, and also if we win our 2 games in hand we will be in 4th place. So if May goes well for us we could end up winning 2 pieces of Silverware, and a potential of getting another Champions League place.

Best Player of April

View attachment 286625

Filip Djuricic had a great month for us as he is starting to prove that he is worth the money we spent on him and that he going turning out to be one of our key players.