• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 5K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Bolton and Arsenal in the Premier League.

More...

has the potential to be a good game, Arsenal need the win following their draw midweek and with both Man Utd and Chelsea winning yesterday, only 3 points will do whereas Bolton i'm sure will want a good performance following that humiliating defeat last week at Wembley.

i'm predicting a 2-2, Arsenal twice taking the lead through RvP with K.Davies and Strurridge for the home side.

Come on the gunners !!

Hoping for a 3-1 win for the Arsenal

Possible starting XIs:

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Cahill, Knight, Alonso, Elmander, Muamba, Lee, Petrov, Sturridge, K Davies.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie Walcott

Form guide:
Bolton: WDWLLW
Arsenal: DDDWDD
Injuries:
Bolton: Ricketts, Davis, Holden
Arsenal: Diaby, Vermaelen
Sky Bet odds:Bolton7/2Draw 11/4Arsenal8/11
Opta stat: Arsenal have won the last eight straight Premier League games against Bolton Wanderers

Arsenal 2 - 3 Bolton
Fabregas (pen) 34, Van Persie 68. Sturridge 17, 52, Cahill 78.

Went very precise with my predictions :D

Tough game but i think Arsenal will win 1-2, they seem to do better away from home.

Come on Bolton !

Bolton 2-2 Arsenal
Davis, Sturridge - Van Persie, Nasri

2-1 for Bolton, RVP with the opener and a quickfire double from Sturridge at the death.

Sorry Arsenal fans I've grown used to seeing you waste leads this season :P

Goal ! Sturridge (maybe Cahill should claim?)

Bolton !

Nice throughball by sturridge to get the corner aswell, and a nice header for the goal.

Time for Arsenal to show us this "mental toughness" Wenger keeps banging on about. Sturridge has been really impressive so far, as too has Davies.

Bolton are very lucky to have 11 players on the field after first half. IMO at least there was 2 red card incidents..

Bolton are very lucky to have 11 players on the field after first half. IMO at least there was 2 red card incidents..

Where, the penalty would of been a yellow as Walcott was going wide, and i cant think of another ..

This is dreadful to watch, Arsenal's backline is, at best, an adequate npower championship backline. (w/o Vermalean)

And I know this sound massively exaggerated but think about it...Koscielny?...he's down-right awful. Apart from the Barca match, I've never ever seen him be a competent CB. Djourou is good, when he wants to be - Very similar to the rest of the team barr Wilshere.

Nasri is clearly been played out of position, remember when Fabregas was injured at the start of the season so Nasri played in the middle? He was outstanding. Now Fabregas is back(and playing ***** I might add) and Nasri is forced to play out the left where frankly he's not half the player.

Which brings me onto my next point, Cesc. Arsenal can get 35 mil for him easy. He's playing **** and he's a moody wee ***** with no determination whatsoever. Why don't we sell Fabregas, Let Nasri come inside along with Wilshere. Maybe buy a left winger. And switch to 4-4-2, because clearly this 4-5-1 IS NOT WORKING...1 win in our last 8 games (probably 9 after bolton).

Use the money from selling Bendter, Almunia, Rosicky and Fabregas to bring in a RELIABLE striker and CB.

One of the commentators at the Bolton match made a good point, he said something like "The whole world is telling Wenger what to do but he's too stubborn to listen".

Now, don't get me wrong..."In Wenger we trust" and all that...but maybe Wenger would be better suited as Assistant Manager or a Youth Coach? Because despite him being a genius, and he is, he's not a good manager.

/rant

EDIT: Just lost ALL respect for Sturridge after that BLATANT dive.

Last edited:
BoxerLad - Reliable striker, Van Persie ? And about Wenger not been a good manager, course he is ! Won league 3 times, led Arsenal to an Unbeaten season /rant

Penalty ... Missed

penalty Bolton!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Kevin Davies you tool!

Back