Bolton v Arsenal (Sun)

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 5K
Regarding a "World class striker", according to the Italian press Tevez is ~75% an Inter player, and Milito would leave as competition for places would be very fierce (Tevez/Eto'o/Pazzini/Milito/Destro) and he wouldn't be ready to become a squad player at ~30. Arsenal and Tottenham are said to be interested.

Don't know about your opinions on Milito, but he's a good finisher, has plenty of experience and has 'inherited' a winning mentality from Mourinho's days, although this season he was sidelined with injury for a month or so. At the back, if Vermaelen recovers, we could be seeing an improvement, although after being injured for about a year may have taken it's toll. And Fabianski, even if he was **** in his early days, was having a good season before his injury. If Szczesny proves unreliable he could always take over. At 21, Szczesny has a bright future ahead of him (Taking, for instance, VDS as an example, he could have ~20 years left in him), he doesn't necessarily have to start every single match. He could be a cup keeper for a couple of years, since he has proven reliable, although he has made some mistakes that could be attributed to his age.

Either way, I don't think sacking Wenger is the answer to any of Arsenal's problems. This season is over, and at this point beinh 2nd, 3rd or 4th is pretty much the same, CL footy will be there next season. What they need to do is start thinking about next year, and try to forget about the dreadful last couple of months.

Meh, thing is...they won't invest much at all, this has been all too familiar for too many years; same story. And they're hardly progressing, I mean Fabregas will probably leave and they'll be going backwards.

Didnt see the game as i was at my grandads retirement **** up but i wish i did watch it. Super Danny Sturridge is a Chelsea cult hero already and proberly a Utd hero tonight too. Typical Arsenal and how many times are we going to say this, i said they need 5 new players and got laughed at and i wont change my opinion. All the time Wenger is in charge at Arsenal im not worrying about them at all. They keep saying next year these young lads will come good but these lads have 200games behind them already... They are not young anymore and they are not good enough either. Get rid of Fabregas and build again from scratch with proven players that arnt all French!

Ajt - Wenger only stopped spending and bringing in youth due to the fact that they were moving stadium and they needed to balance the books. Before that he was spending. I agree with whoever said that he may now think that all he has to do is focus on youth after that.

Don't worry, the Emirates Cup will roll around again soon. Enjoy.

emirates-cup.jpg

I'm not sure if I agree, it disgusts me when teams just throw their whole team into the area and don't play football at all, may as well be playing rugby.

Every team who do this should take a long hard look at the fantastic example set by Blackpool, a truly inspirational side imo.

Bolton played lovely football this season and also against Arsenal they played well. I dont know why you are pointing out at their style. Did you do the same when you lot had 10 men behind the ball against Barca?

Bolton didn't park the bus. Far far from it.They played on counter and was very effective.

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Didnt see the game as i was at my grandads retirement **** up but i wish i did watch it. Super Danny Sturridge is a Chelsea cult hero already and proberly a Utd hero tonight too. Typical Arsenal and how many times are we going to say this, i said they need 5 new players and got laughed at and i wont change my opinion. All the time Wenger is in charge at Arsenal im not worrying about them at all. They keep saying next year these young lads will come good but these lads have 200games behind them already... They are not young anymore and they are not good enough either. Get rid of Fabregas and build again from scratch with proven players that arnt all French!

Its funny how you keep on saying this everytime Arsenal drop points. Where were you when Chelsea dropped points and lost so many games?

They need calm head on the pitch who can lead the side. Other than that everything is fine with Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Regarding a "World class striker", according to the Italian press Tevez is ~75% an Inter player, and Milito would leave as competition for places would be very fierce (Tevez/Eto'o/Pazzini/Milito/Destro) and he wouldn't be ready to become a squad player at ~30. Arsenal and Tottenham are said to be interested.

Don't know about your opinions on Milito, but he's a good finisher, has plenty of experience and has 'inherited' a winning mentality from Mourinho's days, although this season he was sidelined with injury for a month or so.

I was a big fan of Milito, but this season he looked shadow of his former self. He was injured but even when on the pitch he didn't lool hungry enough for success. Maybe with treble he has lost the motivation. At this time i dont think he is suitable for Arsenal. On the other hand Eto'o would be absolutely fantastic but it is impossible to sign him.

Because it's completely ridiculous to say we need 5 new signings.

And what's this xenophobic obsession with wanting Wenger to sign English/non-French players? Obviously it's going to be easier for him to sign French players because he IS ******* French - easier to communicate/get his instructions across etc. etc.

Which players have 200+ games? Fabregas, RvP and..?

The team that isn't good enough beat you comfortably at the Emirates - oh, but I suppose: Chelsea weren't in their best form, and Arsenal got lucky, right? We've got to the League Cup final on pretty much our first real attempt for a while (i.e. not just playing reserves), got further than you in the FA Cup and have been ahead of you in the league for most of the season.

Chelsea's success will be short-lived. We saw that this year and you won't just be able to spend £70m when you next have a drop in form.

I was a big fan of Milito, but this season he looked shadow of his former self. He was injured but even when on the pitch he didn't lool hungry enough for success. Maybe with treble he has lost the motivation. At this time i dont think he is suitable for Arsenal. On the other hand Eto'o would be absolutely fantastic but it is impossible to sign him.

If Inter manage to sign Tevez then Eto'o might be possibility.

I'm pretty sure this is a Bolton thread as well? All I see on here is moaning about how bad Arsenal were, it's Wenger's fault, they need new players etc...

But no one is mentioning how well Bolton played yesterday?! I thought they were exceptional, withheld the prolonged Arsenal pressure and stroll away with three points; especially after the FA Cup Semi drubbing last week. No credit where it's due?

Yeah Bolton are no pushovers.

Arsenal may have 'gone' psychologically but they still have the players to rip you up if you don't focus. You still have to put in a shift to match them.

Its funny how you keep on saying this everytime Arsenal drop points. Where were you when Chelsea dropped points and lost so many games?

I was on here saying we deserved to drop the points??

Because it's completely ridiculous to say we need 5 new signings.

And what's this xenophobic obsession with wanting Wenger to sign English/non-French players? Obviously it's going to be easier for him to sign French players because he IS ******* French - easier to communicate/get his instructions across etc. etc.

Which players have 200+ games? Fabregas, RvP and..?

The team that isn't good enough beat you comfortably at the Emirates - oh, but I suppose: Chelsea weren't in their best form, and Arsenal got lucky, right? We've got to the League Cup final on pretty much our first real attempt for a while (i.e. not just playing reserves), got further than you in the FA Cup and have been ahead of you in the league for most of the season.

Chelsea's success will be short-lived. We saw that this year and you won't just be able to spend £70m when you next have a drop in form.

How do you know our success will be short lived?? I think its more wishfull thinking mate and you know it. Loads of things added up to Chelsea's bad run and it was all things that can be fixed. We didnt win the double and have a great start to this season for no reason, you dont just lose that talent. And even if the off chance that Chelsea's success is short lived then i wouldnt care one bit.

ahhhhhhh, had a feeling there'd be some Arsenal v Chelsea banter lol

ahhhhhhh, had a feeling there'd be some Arsenal v Chelsea banter lol

Lol, as soon as i have an opinion about another side people bring up Chelsea and im the one that gets blammed for it.

You missed the point. He said Arsenal need 5 players. I was asking where was that sort of post when Chelsea dropped points. I was not asking for his presence as i know he turns up no matter what.

Can you continue? (K)

Well in future I suggest you word your posts better otherwise you will just come across as a ****.

Maybe he doesn't think Chelsea need 5 new players? CJACKO has also continuously said what he thinks Chelsea should do in the summer.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/62984-chelsea-discussion-6.html#post1129881

Well in future I suggest you word your posts better otherwise you will just come across as a ****.

Maybe he doesn't think Chelsea need 5 new players? CJACKO has also continuously said what he thinks Chelsea should do in the summer.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/62984-chelsea-discussion-6.html#post1129881

If you read the post i quoted then you would have understood that instead of just poking nose. Well if you know what i meant there.

Anyways thanks for the advice..

Back