bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)

wonderkid360

Reaction score
Hello guys, this is a resuming? Reboot? Basically, I'll be continuing borne's chairman game, so yeah. As of right now, I do not have the latest save (borne is in holiday until the 9th). I've asked borne to send me a list of the transfers so I can just edit them in. He has not yet replied, but I wanted to start this anyway - continuing chairmen please send me your transfers if you can. These are the original rules, with a couple of small changes made by me:

Borne's/Wonderkid's Chairman Game
(using LFC Marshall's January Update when it's available, I can't stress enough to donate, that guy does alot of work in the editor)

For having not played one of these in a while; and having not seen any this year, thus far. I have decided to start running my own, please be aware that I have made many changes to the rules this year, to make it more competitive and realistic, so please read these rules again.

New Players
For those who don't know what a Chairman game is, it's essentially a game where 20 people become the chairmen of all the clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that "chairman" can announce what they have done in the thread via a Press Release.

So, here are the rules, give them a read, even you experienced players, as I have made a lot of changes this year to help with my workload and as always follow the rule them if you participate.
Rules
Joining the Game - "The forum/participation rules"

1) To sign up you must have a copy of FM15. This is essential because I will be running my game on FM15 and so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) If you join you agree to put some effort into your press releases. If you won't be able to spare a few minutes to write a proper post then don't bother to sign up.

3) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.

4) Before joining, read ALL of the rules on this page and make sure you understand them. If you do not understand something then PM me and I will explain it to you.

Game Rules

General - "The bare necessities"

1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full (wage x period left on contract-rounded upto the nearest £100000)

2) Only realistic staff appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to being Pep Guardiola to Stoke.

3) Signing a manager from another team (non-chairman club) will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract + 25%. You must agree a fee with the clubs chairman when appropriate.

4) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high, especially with Fair-Play sanctions, eg Man City cannot alter budgets at all in the first season.

5) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
£2,500,000 for a minor improvement(+2) to your youth system.
£3,000,000 for a minor improvement (+2) to your training facilities.
I may allow stadiums to be upgraded in future seasons, but not initially. Any upgrades done will need to be paid in full therefore they will come directly out of your funds, if you wish to upgrade you will have to sacrifice your buying potential in the transfer windows.

6) Unemployed manager wages are calculated as follows:
Worldwide: Current manager's wage x3
Continental: x2
National and below x1.5

Transfers - "What you all want to know"
NB: No chairman can spend more than £100m in a transfer window, no matter how much money you bring in. This MAY be changed in future seasons.

1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them. You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below. Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

2) The number of players that you can sign has become more limited, i'm afraid,
it now goes as follows:
Transfers between chairman clubs - Unlimited

Loans between chairman clubs - Unlimited (50% of wages and 25% of player value as the fee will be sent to the parent club, the chairman can negotiate a future sale price - this will need to be confirmed to me at the time of transfer/loan confirmation)

Transfers of players at lower english clubs or involving Home Grown Players(club or country inc. all GB based nations) - 2 per season

Transfers from foreign clubs - 1 per season

Loans (Backup or below) from foreign clubs - 1 per season (50% of wages and 25% of player value and a future fee of 75% of player value at the time of purchase during the loan only, you will forfeit one of your chairman transfers for the next season. They are selected at random in excel, at the point of transfer confirmation, i will reply with the sacrificed chairman slot. You decide if it's worth it)

Youth players - 2 per season (A youth player is defined as a foreign under-19 on a youth contract)

Free signings - 1 per season (Auction Style)

3) The price of players is as follows:

Transfers between chairman clubs - Agreed between Chairmen

Transfers that are based in the British Isles or Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.5 times the current value
(When in the July window players from relegated clubs cost .5 of their value)

Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the current value

Transfers for youth players from foreign clubs - 4 times the current value if valued above £2,500,000 - 6 times if valued below.

(Excluding transfer listed players (asking price) and those with minimum release clauses.... oh and obviously the deals between us chairman.)

NB. Transfers for U21 non youth players require an additional fee(50% of value), on top of the above mentioned calculations.

4) If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.

5) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.

6) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, although this doesn't mean that they will be sold.

Wages - "Keep an eye on these, they can screw your finances in the long run"

1) This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.
The wag[/spoiler]
es that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at, with the exception to transfer listed players and signed where you met a release clause.

Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:

Player aged 20 or less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - 1.5 times current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.5 times current wage
Chairman Sales - Same as current wage

Youth wages: £5,000 if a professional contract.
Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th

Players aged 20 or less - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - 1.25 times current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.25 times current wage

Youth wages: £3,000 if on a professional contract.
Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th

Players aged 20 or less - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - Same as current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - Same as current wage

Youth wages: £2,000 if on a professional contract.
Exceptions to the rules

Transfer Listed Player (non-chairman clubs) - Same as current wage
Release Clause Purchase with less than backup status - 1.5 times current wage
Release Clause Purchase with more than or equal to rotation status - 2.5 time current wage
Release Clause Purchase with less than backup status (Over 26) - Same as current wage
Release Clause Purchase with more than or equal to rotation status (Over 26) - 1.5 times current wage

If a youth player joins your club on a youth contract, they earn the default youth wages for your club.

So, if you've just skipped down this then GO BACK AND READ ALL THE RULES and if you're still interested then just PM me with all the following information:-

your fm-base username
The team you would like to take over.
Your email address (easier contact for most- "on the go")
Question on new rules or any other aspect.

The Chairmen
Arsenal - stonecold - [email protected]
Aston Villa - conorc98 - [email protected]
Burnley - andy_14clark - [email protected]
Chelsea - AidanD10
Crystal Palace - Rootsey - [email protected]
Everton - lewie100 - [email protected]
Hull - Znik - [email protected]
Leicester - VACANT
Liverpool - naterr [email protected]
Man City - wonderkid360 - [email protected]
Man Utd - Matt419 -
Newcastle - VACANT
Q.P.R - VACANT
Southampton - Eoin McG - [email protected]
Stoke - Owned
Sunderland - LeedsUnitedAndProud - [email protected]
Swansea - Portugal8713 - [email protected]
Tottenham - Disclaimer89 - [email protected]
West Brom - Murley
West Ham - olly24 [email protected]

Save

Last edited:
Ugh, my apologies for the horribly spazzed out and broken formatting with those spoiler tags, but editing doesn't seem to do anything.

Oh, and a couple of other things to take note:
LeedsUnitedAndProud (Sunderland) , Murley (West Brom) , Rootsey (Crystal Palace), and Eoin McG (Southampton) and, of course me are all NEW chairman of their respective clubs. Because of this the transfer window has been extended by 3/4 days (it depends when borne/the players send me transfers). All foreign transfers from the new chairmen's clubs have been canceled. All C2C remain in place. If you are not one of the listed chairmen all transfers for your club remain in place, you may make new ones however. All new additions to the rules are also highlighted in bold, so give them a quick re read. That should be all. Enjoy!

Ugh, my apologies for the horribly spazzed out and broken formatting with those spoiler tags, but editing doesn't seem to do anything.

Same problem with me on my FM14 one can't remember how I fixed it. May look untidy but what if you take spoilers a way and just title everything?

View attachment 284599
Abramovich returns to England

View attachment 284598
Arkadiy looks on at Stamford Bridge
The Abramovichs have returned to England - although not the original. After his father Roman was murdered by a mysterious killer wearing a hot dog upon acquittal for his crimes in Russia, 24 year old Arkadiy sought asylum in Britain. After being let in 'because he had more money then teh poor people' he has today announced he has taken over ownership of Manchester City in mysterious circumstances, following in his fathers footsteps.

Secretive former owner bornexplorer, who has never been seen in real life, left this on a Manchester City fan forum: "I am a born explorer, and my work charting the jungles of the amazons has left little time for me to shove a finger in that stupid Schwarzenegger lads face. As such, I have decided to commit full time to exploring the Amazon. Goodbye, bornexplorer88." Confusingly, the message was written entirely in Cyrillic.

A video emerged yesterday of a Russian man, about 24 pushing an unknown man off a bridge. Nigerian Police Inspector Goodluck Manu (ever winning anything) had this to say: "There are no bridges in the Amazon. I will not be investigating this further due to bribes 'n ****. Thank you." What does Arkadiys' ownership of the club mean for Manchester City fans? Is he secretly a Chelsea fan? Find this out and more by paying our £24.99 monthly subscription!

New chairman, please also post announcing takeovers of your club.

I sent you my transfers from the deadline day, just wondering if you can confirm them? :)
Yeah, so far Stoke, Everton and Hull have sent me transfers. Can't say for sure until I get confirmation from other, obviously but so far so good.

As we are back in business, make sure to get in touch if any Hull player interest you!

Ok, list of currently confirmed transfers (where I have received confirmation from both chairmen):
Theo Walcott - P/E - Arsenal to Everton
Romelu Lukaku - Walcott + £12.5m - Everton to Arsenal
Will Hughes - Loan - Everton to Stoke
Bacary Sagna - Ireland and Adams + £3m - Manchester City to Stoke
Stephen Ireland - P/E - Stoke to Manchester City
Charlie Adam - P/E - Stoke to Manchester City
Per Mertesacker - Foreign transfer slot - Arsenal to Manchester City
Andrew Robertson - £7m + Cabarello on a free at the end of his loan - Hull to Manchester City (My first ever bit of business!)
Asmir Begovic - £20m + Wojciech Szczesny - Stoke to Arsenal
Wojciech Szczesny - P/E - Arsenal to Stoke
Oghuzan Ozyakup - £3m + HG transfer slot - Besiktas to Hull
ZLATAN MOFOING IBRAHIMOVIC - £10.5m + Foreign transfer slot - PSG to Arsenal (300k wage :O)
Lucas Silva - £12m (release clause) + Foreign transfer slot - R.Madrid to Arsenal
Josh Brownhill - £1.2m + Home grown transfer slot - Preston to Arsenal
Everything else is UNCONFIRMED due to the fact that the other manager in the deal is yet to send in transfers. You may only announce the above.
Notes: I accidently transferred Zlatan to Chelsea before moving him to Arsenal (after originally having him at Arsenal), I don't think that should have any in game effect tho. A squad overview of all the clubs should be up later tonight.

Ok, list of currently confirmed transfers (where I have received confirmation from both chairmen):
Theo Walcott - P/E - Arsenal to Everton
Romelu Lukaku - Walcott + £12.5m - Everton to Arsenal
Will Hughes - Loan - Everton to Stoke
Bacary Sagna - Ireland and Adams + £3m - Manchester City to Stoke
Stephen Ireland - P/E - Stoke to Manchester City
Charlie Adam - P/E - Stoke to Manchester City
Per Mertesacker - Foreign transfer slot - Arsenal to Manchester City
Andrew Robertson - £7m + Cabarello on a free at the end of his loan - Hull to Manchester City (My first ever bit of business!)
Asmir Begovic - £20m + Wojciech Szczesny - Stoke to Arsenal
Wojciech Szczesny - P/E - Arsenal to Stoke
Oghuzan Ozyakup - £3m + HG transfer slot - Besiktas to Hull
ZLATAN MOFOING IBRAHIMOVIC - £10.5m + Foreign transfer slot - PSG to Arsenal (300k wage :O)
Lucas Silva - £12m (release clause) + Foreign transfer slot - R.Madrid to Arsenal
Josh Brownhill - £1.2m + Home grown transfer slot - Preston to Arsenal
Everything else is UNCONFIRMED due to the fact that the other manager in the deal is yet to send in transfers. You may only announce the above.
Notes: I accidently transferred Zlatan to Chelsea before moving him to Arsenal (after originally having him at Arsenal), I don't think that should have any in game effect tho. A squad overview of all the clubs should be up later tonight.

Btw, If you saved before and after the transfers. I would check how much Chelsea have spent on agent fees. You might have accidentally cost them like £5M in agent fees for the Ibrahimovic deal for transferring him back and forth :p

Btw, If you saved before and after the transfers. I would check how much Chelsea have spent on agent fees. You might have accidentally cost them like £5M in agent fees for the Ibrahimovic deal for transferring him back and forth :p
Huh, I was wondering why Arsenal had way less money! Well luckily I recorded all the bank balances -pre agent fees but post transfer so I'll check.