noobito

Reaction score
Having done my usual taking Leeds to the EPL i decided to take on alittle more of a challange, Keeping it local i decided to go with Bradford City the aim is simple, Promotion from League 2 first season, Promotion from League 1 second season, Mid Table finish third season, Promotion from the Championship 4th season, After that surviving them EPL for atleast one season will be the goal and maybe one day win the EPL.

Pre-season:
Nuneaton 0-4 Bradford City
MK Dons 1-0 Bradford City
Bradford PA 0-1 Bradford City
Bradford City 0-3 Stoke
Bradford City 1-0 GH Academy
Bradford City 0-2 Wolves
Bradford City 0-0 Birmingham

First thing i did was find myself a parent club, Bolton, Wigan and Man City were the options so i took Bolton, From past experiences i know Man City reserves are less likely to join me so Bolton were my best option.

Transfers In:
Mamadou Seck (CB) - Free
Lars Stubhaug (GK) - Free
Tommy Mooney (ST) - Free
Luis Manuel Rubiales (D/WBL) - Free
Flavien Belson (DM CM) - Free
Mark Connolly (DRC) - Season long loan from Bolton
Zoltan Harsanyi (AML/ST) - Season long loan from Bolton
Ryan Donaldson (AM/F) - Season long loan from Newcastle United

Transfers Out:
Louis Horne - Free to Barnet
Chris Brandon - 7k to Shrewsbury

The main aim for City during the transfer window was clearly to strengthen the defence bringing in 3 defenders 1 defencive midfielder and a promising young keeper should do the trick the attacking options were boosted aswell with youth and experience.

Results for August:

League 2
Notts County 0-2 Bradford City (Evans, Neilson)
First game of the season against favorites to win the league away, Always nice to get the big games out of the way early.The first half is all County but the new look City defence is looking very strong and hold out very well limiting County to long range efforts.Second half gets of to a flyer for City when Neilson is hacked down on 52 mins and Gareth Evans steps up to convert the spot kick, Neilson cuts in from the right on 62 mins and this time he goes unchallanged and places shot into the bottom corner.County push for a goal but this City defence is looking strong.
MOM - Scott Neilson (Bradford City)

League Cup 1st Round
Preston 0-1 Bradford City (Thorne)
A tough draw for the league 2 side, Away to Championship side Preston.The first half is all Preston but they cant get through the City defence and that proves costly for the Championship club on 44 mins when Peter Thorne gets up high to nod home a Flynn corner.Second half is just constant pressure on the City goal but Stubhaug looks unbeatable between the sticks and City hold on for a big win.
MOM - Mamadou Seck (Bradford City)

League 2
Bradford City 1-0 Port Vale (Neilson)
First home game of the new season for City pits them against Port Vale, Confidence is high thanks to a solid defence.City take a deserved lead on 28 mins when Neilson stabs home a Flynn corner.The action is back and forth for the remainder of the game but Port Vale fail to break down this City defence and its another 3 points for City.

League 2
Bradford City 2-0 Lincoln (Donaldson, Evans)
A injury to defencive midfielder Belson sees Ryan Donaldson get his first start for City meaning a change in formation is required too_On 26 mins Donaldson hits a 25 yarder that finds the back of the net a wonderful effort in a match that was up until now poor to say the least.45+1 and Harsanyi is hacked down in the box resulting in Evans converting the spot kick for 2-0.The second half is just poor but City pick up 3 points and another clean sheet.
MOM - Ryan Donaldson (Bradford City)

League 2
Cheltenham 1-2 Bradford City ( Gallinagh - Evans, Harsanyi)
City are back on the road after 2 home games and looking confident, That confidence takes a massive boost on 6 mins when Evans is put through for a simple tap in.The match goes alittle flat after that but City come out after the break and start as they did the first with a quick goal, Harsanyi cutting in from the left and smashing the ball home.87 mins and Gallinagh scores a late goal for the hosts and City are on the back foot but manage to hold on.
MOM - Zoltan Harsanyi (Bradford City)

League Cup 2nd Round
Man City 7-0 Bradford City ( Barry, Adebayor (2), Teves (2), Ireland, Kalou)
City face the impossible and as such just send out a reserve team.Barry opens the scoring after only 5 mins for the hosts, A lead Adebayor soon doubles on 7 mins.29 mins and Teves makes it 3-0 and Man City as cruising here Adebayor makes it 4-0 on 42 mins and the game is all but over its just a matter of by how many now.53 mins and Teves nets his second of the game.72 mins and Ireland gets in on the act followed on 80 mins by Kalou who scores the goal of the game skipping passed 3 players before unleashing a 20 yarder, Bradford were just out classed here but is was expected really.
MOM - Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)

League 2
Bradford City 3-2 Torquay ( Evans (2) Harsanyi - Todd (2) )
Bradford host Torquay and must bounce back from a thumping in the League Cup but things get off to a dreadful start when centreback Chris Todd nets from a corner on 14 mins.City push for a leveler but cant find it, After a strong teamtalk at half time City come out all guns blazing and on 59 mins are rewarded when Harsanyi is hacked down and Evans steps up and converts the spot kick.on 82 mins City take a deserved lead through Harsanyi from a Flynn corner and on 84 mins Torquay are caught with too many men up field and Evans is set through for a 1 on 1 which he finishes with ease.Still time for more drama when Todd nets again from a corner on 87 mins but City take a deserved 3 points here.
MOM - Chris Todd (Torquay)

Overall a good month for City, 5 out of 5 in the league, Looking very strong at the back apart from when Man City walked all over us.Looking good going forward but Neilson and Donaldson have joined Belson on the injured list so the next game(s) could prove alittle more challanging.

Managers Player of the Month - Mamadou Seck - The new signing has proved a rock at the back with some great performances early on, I'll be looking to him to lead the team in the weeks to come, There wasnt much between Gareth Evans, Lars Stubhaug and Mamadou Seck but the new captain of City takes it this month.

Good luck mate. Quality signings and good start so far. Great result vs Notts County, it will be tough to get back-to-back promotions with Bradford, but I'm sure you can do it

Thanks Kinger,

Im confident of winning League 2 as City with the signings i've made, They dont have as much money as i would like so loans were key, Before i signed Stubhaug we only had one keeper and hes only on loan so i think i need to boost that with another signing if i can find the funds for it.

Back to back promotions you could be right, I will struggle with the funds we have but having taken Leeds back to back to EPL i feel i have a strong formation for the task at hand but i will need to bring in some decent signings for it to work.With the right funding i think i can get promotion but i will base my expectations once i see how much my board give me when i get promoted.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

September Results:

Johnstone's Paint Trophy 1st Round
Bradford City 3-1 Rotherham ( Mooney (2), Flynn - Liddell )
JPT is not high on City's list so a run out is given to a few fringe players, This is shown in the first half when theres only 2 shots between the teams.The second half sees Rotherham take a deserved lead when Liddel nets on 63 mins.Mooney making his first start for the club levels things up on 74 mins and on 88 mins doubles the lead with a diving header.90 mins and Rotherham push for a leveler leaving a big gap at the back for Flynn to run into a net a simple goal.
MOM - Tommy Mooney (Bradford City)

League 2
Shrewsbury 2-0 Bradford City (Stubhaug OG (2) )
Back in the league for City and back on the road, Things just go all wrong on 29 mins when the rock in the net has a howler and turns it into his own net, Clearly his confidence is down and on 31 mins he makes another mistake turning a corner into his own net.The second half is dead and City just look like they have given up and finally lose thanks to a poor days work from Stubhaug, Lets hope the youngster bounces back soon.
MOM - Danny Taylor (Shrewsbury)

League 2
Bradford City 3-0 Burton (Evans, Flynn(2) )
Back at home and faith is kept in the team and Evans repays that faith on 16 mins following a Flynn corner.The match goes cold but Burton are showing nothing to threaten City and when Flynn scores a wonderful freekick on 58 mins the match is all but over, Flynn seals the win on 90+1 when hes follows up first from a parried shot for 3-0, City are back and Stubhaug seems to have recovered although Burton were not much of a challange.
MOM - Micheal Flynn (Bradford City)

League 2
Barnet 0-1 Bradford City (Evans)
Back on the road for City and its a match we are expecting to win and win well, On 9 mins Evans is put through my Belson and makes no mistake and it looks like city could get that big win they have been seeking.Barnet have other ideas and seem to just shut up shop and limit City to long range efforts which are few and far between.Rear guard action from Barnet stops City making the most of this game but 3 points is 3 points.
MOM - Joe Devera (Barnet)

League 2
Bradford City 4-0 Chesterfield (Harsanyi, Flynn(3) )
City look to maintain their unbeaten run at home and Harsanyi opens the scoring on 28 mins with a well worked goal.Flynn doubles the lead on 42 mins with a wonderful freekick and City go in at half time with a comfortable lead.The lead is extended on 50 mins when Flynn smashes home from just outside the box and when Evans is braught down in the box on 64 mins Flynn is handed the ball and converts for his hattrick.The match is over and City go on to control the rest of the match.
MOM - Michael Flynn (Bradford City)

League 2
Morecambe 2-5 Bradford City (Jevons (2) s/o Bentley - Evans (2), Flynn (3) )
Back on the road and 3 clean sheets sees a confident City take on Morecambe, This get off to a dreadful start for Morecambe when Bentley is sent off for a foul on Neilson on 22 mins and the resulting freekick see's Flynn score another peach.29 mins and Flynn scores a simple goal following good play from Evans and he completes his second hattrick in 2 cames on 33 mins with what is becoming a trademark freekick.35 mins and Evans gets in on the scoring following a Flynn corner.City come out after the break looking for more and on 51 Evans makes Morecambe pay for some sloppy work and makes it 5.What was looking like a grear performance takes a bad turn on 82 mins when Jevons scores following poor defending and on 90 mins another lapse in defence sees Jevons score again.

Couple of new Transfers In:
Victor Palsson (DM/CM) - Liverpool 3 month loan
Andy Howorth (AMR) - Blackburn 3 month loan

Palsson is braught in as cover for Belson who seems alittle injury prone and Howorth is cover for Neilson as we had no AMR backup at the club, Both have had starts and have proven decent enough backup to City squad.

Managers Man of the Month - Michael Flynn - No contest at all this month scoring scoring all 9 of his goals in a single month including 2 hattricks, A player with 5 assists to his name to boot, The attacking midfielder has come into his own this month and aslong as he stays fit we will be dangerous from set pieces.

nice story so far, though adding some screenies would be nicer :p

nice story so far, though adding some screenies would be nicer :p

Yea, I will put up screenies next time i load the game of tactics, lineups, transfers and current league standings and ofcourse any screenies that are requested.After that probably wont update the screenies until January and then again at the end of the season so the thread doesnt get too big too quick.

End of season will feature more screenies ofcourse, League table, Star players, Transfers, Aswell as a detailed run down on each player (main 11 more than likely and maybe subs who had a impact over the season) but that part i probably wont add screenies to apart from the star player.

October Results:

League 2
Northamton 1-1 Bradford City (Flynn OG, Harsanyi)
City are back on the road again, Feeling very confident prematch and when Harsanyi opens the scoring with a screamer on 26 mins everything looks to be going Citys way.Northamton are offering no challange until the 67th min when a corner is turned into his own net by Flynn.City push everything forward but Northamton hold strong and again City drops points down to a own goal.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round
Bradford City 1-2 Bury (O'Leary - Bishop(2) )
Back in the JPT and City again send out a slightly weak side focus is clearly on the league for us.O'Leary opens the scoring after only 12 mins following good play from Donaldson but its all level on 14 mins when Bishop goes through 1 on 1 and slots it home.The match goes flat but Bury take the lead through Bishop again on 62 mins in exactly the same fashion as his first.City push for the leveler but it just doesnt come for them.
MOM- Andy Bishop (Bury)

League 2
Bradford City 3-0 Crewe (Evans(3) s/o Flynn)
Bradford are back in the league and looking to bounce back from the first home defeat of the season all be it in the JPT.Things couldnt have started better when Evans is braught down on 2 mins in the box and steps up to convert the spot kick.13 mins and that man Evans rises high from a Flynn corner and its 2-0.28 mins and Evans is set through by Belton for a 1 on 1 and calmly finishes off for his first hattrick.The first half is over as is the match thanks to Evans, The second half is poor but Flynn puts a dampener on things on 79 mins when he see's red for a second bookable offence but City take the 3 points.
MOM - Gareth Evans (Bradford City)

League 2
Dag & Red 1-1 Bradford City (Arber - Donaldson)
On the road again for what on paper looks to be a easy game for City.The first half is poor with limited chances until Arber scores on 43 following up a parried shot.Second half starts quick City clearly listened to their team talk and come out looking for the goal but the home defence holds out very well until Donaldson unleashes a vicious shot from 25 yards on 71 mins and its all level.City push hard for the win but the home team will clearly take the point and thats exactly what they get.
MOM - Mark Arber (Dag & Red)

League 2
Bradford City 3-1 Hereford (Evans, Harsanyi, Neilson - Scally)
Bradford are back at home and looking for another win but Hereford are no pushovers and hold out up until 45+2 when Evans is braught down in the box and calmly slots home the spot kick himself.On 69 mins Harsanyi makes it 2-0 following good play from Donaldson and the match looks over.Scally nets for Hereford on 79 mins following a corner and gives City something to think about but as Hereford push for the leveler Neilson is set free down the right, Cuts inside and slides the ball into the bottom corner for 3-1.

League 2
Macclesfield 2-2 Bradford City (Rooney, Wright - Evans (2) )
City are favorites for this match but on 23 mins the home side take a deserved lead through Rooney stabbing home from close range.45+2 see's Neilson hacked down in the box and Evans steps up to convert the spot kick.On 68 mins City take the lead when Harsanyi plays Evans into the box for a simple goal, Harsh on the home side but City will take this.82 mins and the hosts grab a deserved leveler through Wright who nods home a freekick, Great match and a draw is a fair result.

Managers Player of the Month - Gareth Evans - Again a easy choice, The young striker has scored important goals this month, Wins and scores penaltys for fun for the club.The player has 15 in 15 in the league and has picked up 2 Young Player of the Month awards on the bounce now.

Overview of the months results, Too many points dropped due to poor defending as late, The loss in the JPT hurt even though we fielded a weakened side we were at home and expected to win, 3 draws is not the best as 2 of those matches we were expecting to take but thats football, Still sitting clear at the top of the league which is more than acceptable.

Aha Noobito your back, really enjoyed the Gateshead one of 09, looking forward to this one, i reckon you can go consecutive promo's if you get the right players in

this is a great story, good to see people not all chosing notts county in league 2(H)

Aha Noobito your back, really enjoyed the Gateshead one of 09, looking forward to this one, i reckon you can go consecutive promo's if you get the right players in

Yea Jack i'm finally back after a long break from FM after that Gateshead game.I was thinking about going back to BSN again but decided to take on Bradford instead as im a Bradford lad myself, Bradford Park Avenue are my local team only 2 mins away from their ground but sadly their not in the BSN, Maybe once my City career comes to a end i will stick them in it and see how far i go with them.

I think i can get back to back promotions if i can get a solid defence, Seck is a decent player for championship clubs and thankfully not too old.Got myself a new CB joining in January when the window reopens who can is also strong enough for League 1, Had him on my Leeds game even though he didnt play too often.

For League 1 i will need 50-70k a week on wages after adjusting my budget, I wont be spending a penny on a player so i will knock it down as far as i can and get in the best frees and loans i can, A new parent club will help alot if i can get a big club that will increase my chances and give me more wages for free players.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

November Results:

FA Cup 1st Round
Bradford City 3-1 Yeovil (Evans (2),Donaldson - Murray)
Top of League 2 play bottom of League 1 in the FA Cup so its looking to be a close game.The first half is very tight until Evans is braught down in my box and steps up to convert the spot kick on 40 mins.Evans doubles the lead on 66 mins with a simple tap in following good work from Neilson.Murray pulls one back for Yeovil on 74 mins but as Yeovil push for a winner Donaldson latches onto a layoff from Evans and hammers it home on 78 mins to give City a deserved win.

League 2
Bradford City 2-1 Bournemouth (Evans(2), s/o Belson - Fletcher)
Back to the league and a easy win is expected but things get off to the worse start when City lose Ramsden to injury after only 2 mins, Things get even worse when Belson see's a straight red for a bad tackle on 14 mins.City still push for the lead and finally get in through Evans on 32 mins with a simple headed goal.59 mins and its 1-1 when Fletcher heads home from a corner but Bournemouth switch off and on 63 mins Evans goes through and slams the ball home.City go defencive and hold on for the win.

League 2
Bradford City 0-0 Accrington (s/o Donaldson)
A easy win predicted here for City but Accrington are proving harder to break down that we first thought, Things get alot tougher when Donaldson gets his marching orders on 45+3 for a second bookable offence.City push and push for a goal but Martin the loan man from Leeds is unbeatable between the sticks tonight for Accrington.
MOM - Alan Martin (Accrington)

League 2
Grimsby 1-0 Bradford City (Conlon)
City are expected to take this game but just cant seem to get started as the first half comes to a end neither team looks like scoring.Second half gets off to a horrible start when Conlon heads home from point blank range and gives Grimsby the lead, City push for a leveler but nothing seems to be going our way as late and after 12 games we finally lose.
MOM - Paul Linwood (Grimsby)

Managers Player of the Month - Gareth Evans - Again the young striker has popped up with much needed goals for the club.Finally seems to be settled in his role uptop alone and has 17 goals in 18 league games with 3 assists, The lad could do with getting a few more assists but aslong as he keeps scoring i'll be happy.

Overview of the months result: A win in the FA Cup was nice a little run would be good for funds we play MK Dons at home next in the FA Cup and feel confident having only lost 1-0 preseason to them.League form not so good dropping points to Accrington at home not acceptable and a loss to Grimbsy straight after really hurt us.Seeing players sent off is a pain too.

Palsson and Howorth have both returned to their clubs after loan spells, Will look to bring Palsson back in he had some good performances in DM but Howorth never really got a game to prove himself.

December Results:

FA Cup 2nd Round
Bradford city 2-0 MK Dons (Harsanyi, Flynn)
Back in the FA Cup and City are looking for a little run to boost funds but MK Dons are gonna be no pushovers here.23 mins in see's Harsanyi burst into the box from the left and hes picked out by Neilson and its 1-0.MK Dons go for it after the break and City are on the back foot but on 83 mins City double their lead through Flynn with a cracking freekick, City are through but were very lucky and owe alot to their defence.
MOM - Micheal Flynn (Bradford City)

League 2
Darlington 1-0 Bradford City (Rehman OG)
Bradford are on the road again and feeling confident after beating MK Dons midweek and its all City for the first half Darlington dont even get a sniff but City fail to get that goal they need.After the break they score but sadly its in their own net, Backup CB Rehman heading into his own net following a corner.Again City go for a goal but its just not happening upfront for them, Chances are made but failure to scores see's City lose.
MOM - Mark Bower (Darlington)

League 2
Bradford City 3-1 Rochdale (Neilson(2), Evans - Dagnall)
Another home game in the league see's 1st play 3rd in what should be a tight game.After a feeling out process City take the lead through Neilson with a cracking 25 yarder on 25 mins and on 32 mins Neilson makes it 2-0 with a amazing goal, Cutting in from the right, Past 3 players and hammering the ball home.Things get even better on 40 mins when Neilson plays in Evans for a simple goal and City go in 3-0 up at the break.51 mins see's Rochdale grab one back through Dagnall but thats pretty much the last action of the game.

League 2
Bradford City 2-0 Rotherham (Flynn(2) )
Another tough game for City as they host the leagues best defence but as the leagues leading scorers something has to give in this one.The first half see's Rotherhams defence win the battle and limit City to next to no chances.Second half doesnt go as well as Flynn smashes home a layoff from Donaldson for 1-0 on 46 mins.Flynn then doubles the lead with a 20 yarder on 58 mins and its time to see if Rotherham have anything but a strong defence and the answer is quite simply no they do not.

League 2
Aldershot 2-1 Bradford City (Harding, Chalmers s/o Chalmers, Bullock)
Back on the road after 2 home games and having scored 5 and conceeded on onces City are confident.29 mins in though and Aldershot take a deserved lead through Harding with a wonderful freekick.39 mins and Chalmers makes it 2-0 for the hosts as City are caught with too many pushing forward.City come out after the break looking for a goal but nothing is working but when Chalmers is sent off on 77 mins City really got for it, Despite Bullock netting on 90+2 its another away defeat for City.
MOM - Lewis Chalmers (Aldershot)

League 2
Bury 1-5 Bradford City (Bishop - Evans(2), Donaldson(2), Harsanyi)
City head down to Bury looking for revenge from that JPT loss and things get off to a flyer with Evans scoring from a Neilson cross after only 2 mins.On 17 mins Donaldson hits a 25 yarder wonderful strike for the loan man.20 mins and its 3-0 through Evans played through by Neilson for a simple goal.Bishop pulls one back on 35 mins when Seck just switches off and lets him in, Very entertaining first half.Second half starts really slow with City sitting back playing the counter football but on 83 mins Donaldson hits another cracker from 30 yards that boy has a shot on him.90 mins and Harsanyi gets in on the action when Donaldson lays the ball across the box to him for a simple goal.

Overview of the month results: Some good wins but some poor defeats away from home, MK Dons was a really nice win but the win over Bury really showed what we can do when we play at our best away from home, Just hope to keep that going next month.

Managers Player of the Month - Scott Neilson - Hard to pick between Neilson and Donaldson but Neilson picked up Player of the Month award for the league so i have to stand by that, Scoring important goals, A few assists just overall a good month for the lad.Ryan Donaldson was 3rd in the Player of the Month award for the league
Coca-Cola League 2.png

what tactic are you using dude? I can see its a 451 but is it pre set or did you download it frok somewhere?? Id like to try that tactic ...

Tactic is a custom one i made for my Leeds team, Everything is kept simple as its League 2.Direct passing, Mixed focus passing, Target man supply mixed.I didnt change many of the settings for the idividual players its more what role i set them that seems to be working.

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting strategy - Standard
Passing Style - More Direct
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing down - Default
Tackling - Default (both CB's and DM set to go in hard)
Marking - Zonal Marking
Crossing - Drilled Crosses
Roaming - Default

Defencive line is very deep, Width, Tempo and Focus Passing all normal.

No playmaker, Evans as targetman, supply mixed.

GK - Role GK - Defend
LB - Role Fullback - Support
RB - Role Fullback - Support
CBs - Role Central Defender - Defend
DM - Role Anchor Man - Defend
MC's - Role Box to Box Midfielder - Support (long shots adjusted depending on whos playing)
AM R/L - Role Inside Forward - Attack (again long shots adjusted depending whos playing)
ST - Role Targetman - Attack - Not set to hold up the ball as Evans isnt that kind of player.

I would upload it but it really is back to basics, You could just set to 4-5-1 and set the players roles right and its pretty much the same thing, Just a few tweaks here and there based on players.

Only one signing was made in January Jeff Strasser joining for free, the 35 year old CB brings alot of expeience to the side and along with Seck will be the backbone of this team.

January results:

FA Cup 3rd Round
Colchester 0-0 Bradford City
City head on the road in the FA Cup, The match starts off slow with limited chances and both ends.Colchester look like scoring if anyone but that might be asking too much from this match as we head in level at the break.Second half is just as poor although Stubhaug pulls off a string of saves in the final 15 mins keeping City in the cup.
MOM - Lars Stubhaug (Bradford City)

League 2
Bradford City 0-2 Cheltenham (Duff, Hayles)
Back at home and looking as strong as ever but when Duff nods home a corner on 26 mins City are 0-1 down against the run of play.City push for a leveler but Cheltenham have a strong defence and it doesnt come first half.Second half is all City again but when Rehman dives in on Hayles in the box the experienced striker steps up and slams the ball home for 0-2.City have finally lost at home in the league.
MOM - Barry Hayles (Cheltenham)

League 2
Port Vale 0-1 Bradford City (Harsanyi)
Port Vale are the hosts this time around as we look to bounce back from a poor result at home.Harsanyi settles the nerves on 20 mins cutting in from the left and stabbing the ball home.Vale push for a leveler throughout the game but City hold strong at the back and take all 3 points, Vale deserved to get something from this game.

FA Cup 2nd Round Replay
Bradford City 2-0 Colchester (Harsanyi(2) )
Bradford host Colchester in this replay and if they play like the did in the first game City will feel they can take this, After 13 mins Harsanyi scores a screamer from 25 yards out and its 1-0 to City.Colchester push for a leveler but on 53 mins Harsanyi gets onto a long ball from Stubhaug and just runs through for a simple tap in.City hold out for the win and will host Manchester City in the next round, 7-0 last time those 2 met oh well City we had a nice run.

League 2
Bradford City 2-1 Shrewsbury (Neilson, Donaldson - Disley)
1st hosts 2nd today in a top of the league clash, City take the lead early on through Neilson on 6 mins tapping home a pass from Harsanyi.The first half goes dead as both teams cancel each other out.58 mins and Donaldson hits a 20 yarder into the bottom corner for 2-0 but on 68 mins Disley pulls one back and Shrewsbury really go for it but City hold strong and take a massive win here.

FA Cup 4th Round
Bradford City 0-2 Man City (Kompany, Barry)
Bradford host the big spenders but things get off just as bad as the last time these teams met with Kompany scoring after only 6 mins following a corner.Man City just hammer the home teams goal with shot after shot but Stubhaug stands tall.37 mins and he is beaten though through a Barry freekick.The second half goes perfectly for Bradford containing Man City and conceeding nothing, After being hammered 7-0 i will gladly take a 0-2 defeat to Man City.
MOM - Lars Stubhaug (Bradford City)

League 2
Bradford City 2-1 Notts County (Flynn, Evans - Abbey)
1st again hosts 2nd for the second time this month, County open the scoring on 17 mins through Abbey smashing home from close range.26 mins see's Evans hacked down in the box the young striker steps up but its saved only for Flynn to smash home the rebound for 1-1, On 45+1 City lose Ramsden to injury.52 mins and Evans is again hacked down in the box this time the striker makes no mistake and hammers it home.County push for a leveler but the last action of the game see's Harsanyi go off injured.

League 2
Torquay 0-2 Bradford City (Flynn (2) )
City head out to Torquay in what on paper should be a easy match for the visitors.28 mins in see's Flynn smash home a freekick for 1-0.The match goes cold and nothing of note happens all the way up until Flynn nets again on 79 mins just smashing the ball home from 20 yards out and its another 3 points to Bradford City here.

Managers Player of the Month - Hard one this month, Some really good performances but im gonna give it to Zoltan Harsanyi this month, The loan man scored 3 times and got a couple of assists before being injured, Could have gone to Flynn easy but Harsanyi just took it.

Overview of the month: Solid month overall, Sad to have lost at home for the first time but wins over Shrewsbury and Notts County were massive for us, Pleased to have made the 4th round of the FA cup aswell.

Only one screenie for January, Nothing special in transfers may aswell wait until the season is over for that, Nothing big happened team wise, So here is the current league table.
Coca-Cola League 2.png

Tactic is a custom one i made for my Leeds team, Everything is kept simple as its League 2.Direct passing, Mixed focus passing, Target man supply mixed.I didnt change many of the settings for the idividual players its more what role i set them that seems to be working.

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting strategy - Standard
Passing Style - More Direct
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing down - Default
Tackling - Default (both CB's and DM set to go in hard)
Marking - Zonal Marking
Crossing - Drilled Crosses
Roaming - Default

Defencive line is very deep, Width, Tempo and Focus Passing all normal.

No playmaker, Evans as targetman, supply mixed.

GK - Role GK - Defend
LB - Role Fullback - Support
RB - Role Fullback - Support
CBs - Role Central Defender - Defend
DM - Role Anchor Man - Defend
MC's - Role Box to Box Midfielder - Support (long shots adjusted depending on whos playing)
AM R/L - Role Inside Forward - Attack (again long shots adjusted depending whos playing)
ST - Role Targetman - Attack - Not set to hold up the ball as Evans isnt that kind of player.

I would upload it but it really is back to basics, You could just set to 4-5-1 and set the players roles right and its pretty much the same thing, Just a few tweaks here and there based on players.

Thanks for these mate!!

I was struggling in my 2nd season with Ilkeston and just tried these tactics... took 3 games to see any results but look very dangerous in attack - like em! ;-)

Cheers mate and good luck with Bradford.

Thanks for these mate!!

I was struggling in my 2nd season with Ilkeston and just tried these tactics... took 3 games to see any results but look very dangerous in attack - like em! ;-)

Cheers mate and good luck with Bradford.

Going forward it works well and the box to box midfielders and DM give you enough at the back to cover.Works better when you have widemen who can also play as strikers, Crossing not important aslong as they have decent finishing or long shots, Only have Harsanyi myself as Neilson is only a AMR but he still scores a fair few.

February Results:

League 2
Lincoln 0-1 Bradford City (Daley)
Off on the road again and Lincoln come out looking to really take it to City and spend almost the entire first half playing in City's half but create very little.Second half see's City play alittle more attack but it takes a special strike from the now fit Daley on 71 mins to take the lead a 25 yarder into the top corner, Lincoln push for a leveler but lack the final ball they should have taken this game but thats football.
MOM - Omar Daley (Bradford City)

League 2
Bradford City 3-1 Bury (Flynn, Evans(2) - Dawson)
City host Bury a team they smashed 5 passed a couple of months ago.When Evans plays in Flynn on 31 mins its a simple goal for 1-0.Thats the only real action of the first half but the second half gets off to a flyer as Evans nods home a Daley cross on 51 mins, 71 mins and Dawson pulls one back with a fine header but the match is over on 79 mins when Evans is played in by Belson for 3-1.

League 2
Bradford City 1-1 Grimsby (Flynn - Sweeney)
City host Grimsby and are looking for revenge from the last time they met.The first half is all City but Belson hacks down Conlon on 45 mins and Sweeney steps up to smash home the spot kick.City come out after the break and hammer the Grimsby goal but it takes a lucky rebound from a Evans shot on 69 mins to get the goal Flynn follows up and smashes home leaving the keeper helpless,City go for the winner but it ends all level.

League 2
Accrington 1-1 Bradford City (Arbuckle - Flynn)
City head out on the road looking for a win but things dont go to plan when Arbuckle scores from a corner on 14 mins.Accrington really go for City in the first half but City are willing to soak it up and play the counter game.Second half is all the same but on 81 mins Flynn hits a 25 yarder that go keeper would stop and its all level.Accrington keep pushing but City hold on for a point,Much more than we deserved here.

League 2
Rochdale 1-0 Bradford City (Kennedy s/o McArdle)
4th hosts 1st here in what looks to be a tough game for City.Rochdale come out and really go for City who look shakey and on 35 mins Kennedy smashes home a freekick from 20 yards out and Rochdale take a deserved lead.48 mins see's McArdle see red for a poor challange and City go for the leveler but Rochdale go defencive and hold on for a massive win, Nomore than they deserved here.
MOM - Tom Kennedy (Rochdale)

League 2
Bradford City 2-0 Darlington (Evans, Harsanyi)
Bradford host Darlington and are looking to bounce back from three poor performances and on 26 mins Evans nets from a Flynn freekick to settle the nerves alittle.Darlington dont show much in terms of attack but prove hard to break down until the returning Harsanyi nets a cracker from 20 yards on 61 mins to kill off the game.Darlington dont even push for a goal and City just sit back and take a needed win.

Managers Player of the Year: Michael Flynn - 3 goals and 2 assists for the centre midfielder, Hes proving a great player for City this season, Nets important goals and gets a few assists, Cant ask for much more than that.

Overview of the Month: Not the best month 2 draws and a loss on the bounce dropping 7 points leaves us only 3 points clear at the top of the league now.Nice result at the end of the month and im delighted to have Harsanyi back, Ramsden will be back in time for the next game too which is another massive boost so hopefully things will kick on next month.

New signing - Chris Gallacher a young AML released from Aberdeen joined 3 other young players from Scotland will be joining next season as i look to bolster my youth team alittle.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:18 PM ----------

March Results:

League 2
Rotherham 0-2 Bradford City (Harsanyi(2))
City head out to Rotherham who still hold the leagues best defence but are not the most free scoring of sides.The first half pits defence against attack a battle Rotherham clearly win.Second half is going the same until Harsanyi scores after 63 mins a curling shot from just outside the box.Harsanyi scores again on 84 mins with a headed goal from a Neilson cross and once again a strong attack is better than a strong defence.

League 2
Bradford City 0-0 Aldershot
Bradford host Aldershot is what should be a easy win for the hosts but the match is just dire, City cant muster a single worthwhile attack in the first half something Aldershot also fail to do.Second half is no better, Infact i would say it was worse neither team made a chance worth mentioning,The best i can say is we didnt conceed but thats not good enough.
MOM - Dave Winfield (Aldershot)

League 2
Hereford 1-2 Bradford City (Marr - Evans, Flynn)
Back on the road looking to impress after what for me was the worse game we have played all season.25 mins in see's Evans score a simple header,The match is poor but a goal is a goal.43 mins and Flynn scores a trademark freekick for 0-2 as the half ends on a high.Second half is flat with no action at all until Marr scores a headed goal from a corner on 84 mins but City hold on for all 3 points.
MOM - Lewis Marr (Hereford)

League 2
Bradford City 0-0 Dag & Red
Back at home and looking for a easy win here but the first half is poor and if anyone looks like scoring its Dag & Red but that is asking too much really.Second half is almost as bad but does see City create a few chances but Evans, Harsanyi and Neilson are just not with it today and it ends level.
MOM - Anwar Uddin (Dag & Red)

Managers Player of the Month - Zoltan Harsanyi - The only man to pick up a man of the match award for us all month, Scored half the goals this month, Probably the only player who was half decent for us this month.

Overview of the Month - Pretty poor month, 2 wins and 2 draws not so bad you would think, However when both draws are 0-0 and at home its poor, Even worse when the clubs are midtable teams.

Enjoying this mate, hopefully you'll get a good budget at the end of this season because Bradford have big attendances

April Results:

League 2

Bournemouth 1-2 Bradford City (Bradbury - Donaldson, Evans)
Back on the road and we look alot stronger on the road than at home of late.The first half is really slow until Donaldson hits a rocket on 45 mins from 30 yards out.Second half starts alot brighter and on 62 mins Harsanyi is hacked down in the box, Evans steps up to convert for 0-2.Seck makes a mistake at the back though on 74 mins and Bradbury steps up and converts the spot kick, City hold out for the win though as we move closer to promotion.

League 2
Bradford City 5-0 Macclesfield (Morgan OG,Harsanyi(2), Evans(2))
Top hosts bottom this time around and on 18 mins Macclesfield show why they are bottom of league when Morgan puts past his own keeper.Things get much worse very quickly for the visitors Harsanyi netting a tap in on 27 mins.Harsanyi his another before the break, Cutting into the box and tapping home on 39 mins.Right before the break its 4-0 as Evans latches onto a ball from Neilson and slams it home.Second half nowhere near as entertaining but Evans does make it 5-0 on 72 mins with a great solo effort.

League 2
Burton 2-3 Bradford City (Shroot(2) - Evans (2), Flynn)
Second to bottom host top this time round in what should be another easy win.Things dont start off well though as Shroot scores after only 10 mins.28 mins see's Evans pull it back level though with a simple headed goal, 35 mins Evans is hacked down in the box, Steps up but its saved but the keeper cannot stop him smashing in the followup for 1-2.57 mins see's Shroot net his second of the game a tap in far post.Only 3 mins later see's Evans play Flynn in 1 on 1 and its a simple finish.Burton push for a leveler but it doesnt come and thats us promoted.
MOM - Robin Shroot (Burton)

League 2
Bradford City 2-1 Morecambe (Evans(2) - Artell)
Bradford host Morecambe and the match starts off slow but soon picks up when Artell scores on 30 mins smashing home from 20 yards out, The lead doesnt last long though as Evans pulls it back level on 32 mins with a great diving header.52 mins and Evans gets on the score sheet again with a simple goal back post from a Harsanyi cross.the match goes flat but City take 3 points.

League 2
Bradford City 3-0 Barnet (Flynn(2), Harsanyi)
Bradford host Barnet as they look a 5th straight win of the month and on 19 mins Flynn his a wonderful freekick and its looks like we are on the way to that win.The half is poor after than but right after kickoff Flynn hits another freekick for 2-0, 2 amazing goals but the best goal comes on 63 mins Harsanyi cutting past 2 players and curling the ball home from out the box.This win gives City the title so its time to relax.

League 2
Chesterfield 1-3 Bradford City (Breckin - Neilson, Evans(2))
Final game of the month and City want to take maximum points from the month and when Neilson scores after 16 mins smashing home a Harsanyi cross.45 mins and Evans earns and scores himself a penalty for 0-2.On 68 mins Breckin pulls one back from a corner but Evans has the last say of the game scoring a wonderful goal on 76 mins and thats the game over.

Managers Player of the Month - Zoltan Harsanyi - The player picked up player of the month so i have to go with him, Although Flynn came in second and Evans third so it was very close this month but that goal against Barnet gives it to Harsanyi.

Overview of the Month - 6 straight wins, 18 goals and only 5 conceeded i'm not complaining one bit, Some great team performances this month, 2 more games to go and the season is over but with the league won the results are not important although i will go for 2 more wins.

View attachment 15702

May Results:

League 2
Bradford City 0-0 Northampton
Home game again and the first half is really poor, City had the best month of the season last month but that form has ran out by the looks of this half.Second half is just the same and Northampton should have taken this game but failed to score.
MOM - Paul Rodgers (Northampton)

League 2
Crewe 1-0 Bradford City (Jones)
Crewe host the league champions in the final game of the season and Strasser hacks down Jones on 5 mins and Jones himself steps up to convert.The half is just really poor afterwards and the second half follows the same way, A really poor result here but we won the league.
MOM - Patrick Ada (Crewe)

Managers Player of the Month - None - Only 2 games played seems pointless to give it anyone really.

Overview of the month - This month doesnt matter to us, We won the league and while a win would have been nice i wont complain.

Screenies:

Final Table:
View attachment 15706

Team of the Year:
View attachment 15705

Leading Scorer:
View attachment 15707

Manager of the Year:
View attachment 15704

Goal of the Season:
View attachment 15703

Will do a full overview of the season next time im online.