Brazil Inspired Magic Box [4-2-2-2] Beautiful Football by Artisan

@Raaaleee
as this whole thread was started a week ago, I would say latest patch (15.3.2)

Artisan, you mention in your OP in this thread to post in this thread if any of us had any ideas or challenges to what to work on next, i got something in mind that I maybe/maybe not can get to work, based on this tactic - something like the screenshot below:

4-1-2-1-2 bsup68_45EE0F6A-407D-4F93-A46A-05518DBDD60F

Will have a look when I get some free time on my hands. Seems like an interesting setup

Will have a look when I get some free time on my hands. Seems like an interesting setup

Yeah time gets too limited sometimes - could use a few hours more my self, and a few computers more for FM15 :)

Still haven't found another tactic that comes even marginally close to this one in effectiveness without having to rely on at least those damned corners from **** for that extra "oomph."

Gotta give this one another whirl, see if I can reproduce that illustrious first season I've had with Liverpool; this time though I'm going to try it in FMC, see how it works if you cannot put in those opposition instructions.

Do you even English, bro? I said that this tactic was the best I've seen in FM15; I even have a season test and screenshots included in the OP.

Reading is hard, huh :^)

I'm really enjoying this tactic but my players are exhausted after 70 mins, any tips?

I'm really enjoying this tactic but my players are exhausted after 70 mins, any tips?

Yeah that can be a problem sometimes usually with the DMs and the AMCs because of their defensive duties. I usually always rotated players in games. But I might tweak for a breather tactic if I have time

I took over Valencia when they were in 16th position :) Won Liga BBVA and Spanish Cup! Started When the wins happened pretty obvious :) with Solid Defense !!!!!!!!! No set pieces goals all Beautiful attacking :):wub::wub::wub::wub: Even after all those transfers still on 1st place all wins on my second season :)

Still haven't found another tactic that comes even marginally close to this one in effectiveness without having to rely on at least those damned corners from **** for that extra "oomph."

Gotta give this one another whirl, see if I can reproduce that illustrious first season I've had with Liverpool; this time though I'm going to try it in FMC, see how it works if you cannot put in those opposition instructions.

Added your comments to op :wub:

I played a little more than half a season in FMC with the tactic, results were the same as in normal mode - pretty much dominated everyone everywhere with beautiful football, with only the occasional loss against random opponents. The lack of opposition instructions didn't seem to matter at all, and it was once again lovely to see how the team runs after the result and manages to turn around a 2-0 at Chelsea away, or manage to win against Bayern München even with a defender sent off. You literally broke the game with this tactic Artisan, at least for me; I experimented with a number of other tactics but I just had to return to this one. Granted, it requires the right players for this as you say in the OP but the default Liverpool squad with 1-2 additions seems to be perfect for it.

I got bored of FMC after a while though, I'm planning on another normal save with Liverpool and this time I'll take it as far as I can :) Here's a gem from this one:

View attachment 248739

Last edited:
Will set this as third tactic for the forthcoming season in my Hellas Verona save with the intention of making it the main tactic once I have the personnel fully suited for it. Will post on how it goes!

Artisan you recreate amazing tactics. I wondered if you could recreate Jose Mourinho's counter-attacking tactic at Real Madrid (H)

That was really good football played. Strong defense who wins the ball quickly, giving it to the playmakers who, in few passes, feed the wingers and striker and they do their magic.

If you could do it that would be awesome. Keep up the good work bro ;)

How to load te filters? I can't seem to find them in the folder i placed them

Wow...this is interesting. I'm gonna try this on a new save. I think I'm gonna go for the mid-table EPL clubs (the-not-so-filthy-rich). I'm pretty much bored on my OM save where most of my goals were from set pieces. I need to find beauty from the beautiful game. :D

Since the last patch Ive been really struggling. Then I found this tactic and things started to get better.
Good work Artisan!!!

I'm curently in 4th season with Bournmouth. We are in the PL and have a decent team. Not great, but ok.
First 11 is: Butland (GK) - Biraghi, Van Vijk, Ilori, Montoya (Def) - Wanyama and Crisetig (DMC) - Will Hughes and Tielemans (OMC) - Ings and Jovic (AC).

Results are... ok...
I often win against other mid-table teams.

BUT!
Against top-teams I have big truoble! I don't expect to win every match. But I would like to at least have a fighting chans...

I really want this tacitc to work because I hate tactics that exploit corners or throw-ins.

So does anyone have any tips or hints;
- What to do against strong teams?
- What to do when Im loosing or playing bad?

Is there any problem in using Attacking instead of Control?

I'd like to know if it's a possibility or if the defense would be too weakened.

Last edited:
Just won 2 consecutive Serie A scudetti with Inter using this tactic, almost no losses, really brilliant.