Breaking the Duck - A Josh and Sam Joint Story.

I think I've just signed the bargain of the season! ;)

I hope "is argentina in europe" wasn't a serious question XD

great start lads ;) good idea

will be following

attachment.php

Eyebrows slightly raising.

As soon as Arsenal confirmed rookie Josh Gregg as successor to Arsene Wenger, fans immediately criticised the board for bringing in such an inexperienced man at the helm. He dived straight into the transfer market signing Sporting Lisbon's out of favour striker Yannick Djalo for £800,000. He then splashed out £18,500,000 on Belgian wonderkid Eden Hazard. This desicion was ridiculed by many supporters as Eden has no real top quality experience.

Gregg however has surprised critics by making the team his own and after only two months at the helm his side have only lost one game. Gregg's men went the entire pre-season with a 100% record not conceding any goals within that period. After a very promising break, his side made a cracking start to the year with a 2-1 win over local rivals Tottenham. Robin Van Persie grabbed both goals and swayed the Arsenal fan's in favour of Josh Gregg. They then followed that tremendous performance with a strong 2-0 victory in the home leg of the Champions League qualifier against Celtic. Eden Hazard scored the second of these goals, a goal that really showed his promise for the future. He had a great all-round game, and hopefully he can prove his worth of the rest of the season. The next weekend showed a very dominant display for Gregg's Gunners, they battered Hull City 3-0 away and achieved almost total dominance over their opponents. The side looked almost half-heartedly looking into the midweek tie against Celtic and left a reserved area of performance in their tanks. The Celtic game however didn't follow suit, a Robbie Keane hat-trick brought the team to their knees, almost all hope was lost. Then late on, Arsenal pushed every single player up and it really paid divident, scoring a last minute away goal to change the game, and finances, sending Arsenal into the group stage. Arsenal's 100% league record was ended after a 1-1 draw away at West Ham was condemned after Chris Brunt's curling wondergoal, stole two points from the Gunners. Although, after that final result Arsenal fans are satisfied with where the team are sitting, they are in third, 5 points behind leaders Wolves with a game in hand.

Last edited:
I see you have carried our love on for Yannick. :wub:

Yeah, I can't wait to destroy Wolves, I always seem to comfortably beat them :D

Thanks MusgRAVE ;)

(Congrats on promotion by the way) :)

YAY! An Arsenal story :D
Good luck you two.... it took me 3 seasons to win a trophy... and that was the micky mouse cup :(

View attachment 66504

Charnock brings in new faces

New Arsenal manager Sam Charnock indicated that his Arsenal squad needed strengthening and he brought in 4 new players with 2 of them set to be back-up players.
Wes Morgan joined Arsenal from Nottingham Forest for £950K who has said he is ready for the step-up as he is coming to the peak of his career. The other signing which is sure to be a back-up is Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell who joined on loan for £1.2 million, Charnock is believed to like the pacey frontman who will surely add some spice to the Arsenal strikeforce.

The two key signings were Wolfsburg play-maker Zvesjdan Misimovic for £10M and also the key signing Eden Hazard for £16.5M from Lille.

How Arsenal are set to line up:

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Misimovic Fabregas

Walcott Hazard Arshavin

Van Persie

######

Will update the matches soon.

Last edited:
This is good, haven't seen a joint story before. good luck to both of you.

Nice squad you got there mate. :)

I can see I'm going to love this. ^^)

Looking good so far, hope u can be successful. I recently finally decided to do a proper Arsenal save and won the quad in my first season.

I guess I'll join Sam with showing his preferred lineup:

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelan Clichy

Denilson Fabregas

Walcott Arshavin Hazard

Van Persie

I guess I'll join Sam with showing his preferred lineup:

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelan Clichy

Denilson Fabregas

Walcott Arshavin Hazard

Van Persie

Same formation ;)

I designed mine with Valencia ^^)

That was an amazing team :D

View attachment 66531

The start of the new Barclays Premier League opened and the turning point in the close season was the departure of Arsenal legend Arsene Wenger and his successor Sam Charnock took up the reigns with brilliant performances, but not results.
The opening game of the season saw The Gunners take on Wolves and they won comfortably 3 - 0, in the same month Arsenal qualified for the Champions League with a comfortable win over Anderlecht over 2 legs and the 2nd game of the Premier League Season saw Sunderland face a tough Arsenal challenge but when Sunderland went 3 up in 70 minutes there seemed no way back for Arsenal, they clawed it back to 3-2 but Sunderland held on. Everton were up next and an even contest earns an even result, 1-1 it finished.

View attachment 66534

So not the best start, but there's enough time to turn it around.

View attachment 66535

u both play almunia
better as 2nd choice gk