Breaking the Duck - A Josh and Sam Joint Story.

Doing alright Sam ;)

And, yeah Harry, not my finest work :'(

attachment.php

New Year's resolution.

Arsenal manager Josh Gregg started 2010 in a controversial fashion, saying his resolution would be to bring Gunners fans a trophy. Entering January his side had won 9 games on the trot, and looked in fine form for pulling back the point defecit and pushing for the league title. This month however, he concentrated on pulling through the cups. Only a mere 36 hours into the New Year, Gregg was faced with a very stern test in the FA Cup against Manchester City. A very even tie brought things back to The Emirates for what would no doubt be a nervy game. Between the first encounter and the replayed meeting, Arsenal would have to change priorities quickly to the League Cup Semi Final against local rivals Spurs.

A dismal performance in front of a 60,000 strong home crowd brought many fans to calling for the manager's head! A 2-0 swing would have to be discovered in the final leg back at 'The Lane.

A league game at Hull was the only distraction before the return leg, they prevailed comfortably through the first challenge and then really went trained flat-out for the up-coming match.

'What scenes we have here! Holders Tottenham have been left shellshocked as keeper Heurelho Gomes picks the ball out of his net for the fourth time tonight!'

A great 4-0 victory guaranteed Arsenal's passage to Wembley where they will face Manchester United in the Carling Cup.

The Gunners then waltzed past Manchester City with a slightly unflattering scoreline, absolute domination only finalized with a one goal advantage should have been further underlined but the in-form Theo Walcott passed up many a chance.

A stay in Manchester followed for Arsenal, as they faced the 'better' club, United. Another confident performance but for the first time this season, Gregg's men turned complacent. Winning with 3 minutes left, they finished the match 4-3 down and left downbeat. This resulted them dropping to fourth behind Man City, not the result anybody in the red side of North London wanted!

Gregg then was personally left torn, he had to face his team, Birmingham City for a place in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Arsenal, much to many's surprise showed no mercy and comfortably beat The Blues. A very promising draw also showed, they would have to travel to Doncaster. A 'banana skin' game maybe, but Gregg see's it as being 'a stroll in his garden'

Dickwad :'(

I'll get you back for that.

Yup, making a friendly, playing RVP up front.

Anyway, when are you updating?

Nice story guys, just started an Arsenal one myself, hope you don't mind? :)

No problem, I think you need a lesson on thread name making.

Very clichéd ;)

Loading up game now blad, gonna do a 2 month update and I have homework to do and gotta talk to my peeps so gimme 2 hours? :)

Yeh it was Dan's suggestion not mine :p

I actually said to Sam avoid going down the road of that exact title XD

And, yeah Sam, fine.

Haha maybe I will try to find a better option and ask for it to be changed :)

attachment.php

Mission accomplished!

After only six months at the helm of Arsenal, 'rookie' Josh Gregg has lead his team to their first trophy in five years! This came about when they left the Carling Cup final after a fine 2-0 victory over Manchester United, two goals in the last ten minutes sealed the win. The momentous victory capped off a brilliant month for the Gunners, a close to perfect record was ruined by a 4-0 demolition served to them at the Camp Nou by Barcelona. This leaves them with a very steep uphill task for the return leg, some would stretch to it being impossible as the odds-on favourites are unbeaten throughout the competition as of yet.

Back onto the subject of Man United, the sides will meet again this Saturday in the Quarter-Final of the FA Cup. The tie was setup when Arsenal swept Doncaster aside in their 5th round match. Revenge will be on the cards for Sir Alex Ferguson and no doubt it will be a great game, it will be the perfect occaision for Gregg's only January signing Lorenzo Criestig to step up into the first team as he has pledged to give him a run out.

Aswell as the cup success, Arsenal have reaped the Premier League awards for the month, coming 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both the Player, and Young Player of the month presentations

View attachment 67650

View attachment 67649

Charnock finally gets his man!

After months of pursuing and rumours from the press Sam Charnock has finally got his number one target for the Gunners and its another midfielder. 22 year old French man Mohamed Diame has signed a 3 year deal from Premier League club Wigan Athletic.
With many Arsenal fans surprised that their manager has signed Diame for £6.5 million, Charnock say's it's just what his team needs.

"In my opinion we're under achieving this season and our conceding too many goals which showed in our 3-0 loss vs Sunderland and our defensive midfield position is weak, despite having so many midfielder's on our books, but Diame is strong, athletic and loves a tackle and I can't wait to see him action"

View attachment 67651