View attachment 1008036
Aston Villa bring in 2 whilst let 1 go

View attachment 191441 View attachment 191440 View attachment 191436

Aston Villa have made another 2 signings to add to their books, and it is another free agent. Dutch international Urby Emanuelson has signed on a 3-year deal, and can be used as either a left back or a left mid, the position that Mr Lane stated that he needed to fill. When asked about the transfer, Lane said ‘I went for Emanuelson because I know hoe good he is. If you can play first team football at Milan, then your going to be good. And he is not limited to one position, which is very helpful’

Another player brought in by Lane is 32-year-old full back Edson Braafheid from Lazio for 325K. when asked about the deal, Lane said, ‘our squad is very young, so I felt like we needed some experienced faces in the dressing room to guide them, and I said that I needed a full back, and here he is.

However, on the way out is 29-year-old Charles N’Zogbia who has left for £2.6 million which could eventually rise to £4 million. When asked about whether or not he was disappointed that N’Zogbia left, Lane said, ‘of course I am, Charles is a very good player who I admire a lot, but with all the competition on the wings now with Traore, Gil, Bacuna, Sinclair and now Emanuelson, I couldn’t find a place for him in the team. And the 2.5 million will do us very well, especially for the finances.

View attachment 1008055

Juan Angel Crespo Injury Blow

View attachment 191430

The Aston Villa fullback has suffered a twisted ankle in the recent friendly to FC Porto, and is likely to be sidelined for the next 4 weeks. This means that the Spanish defender will miss the opening day of the season, and maybe even more.

When asked if this would force him to look for a replacement, Lane said, ‘usually I would, but I have Hutton, Bacuna and Richards who are all capable of filling the void left by Crespo, I wish him the quickest of recoveries.’

View attachment 1008060
Chelsea’s Grealish Bid Rejected, Hutton Going Nowhere

View attachment 191427

Aston Villa have rejected the 15 million pound offer by Chelsea for teenage starlet Jack Grealish. The manager feels as if the 19-year-old English international can make a big impact this season, and doesn’t feel that he would get much game time at Chelsea. ‘£15 million is a lot of money, but Grealish is one of our best players. He is one of a kind. I know for a fact that he will be featured heavily in our first team this season, and if he went to Chelsea, I don’t see him getting as much pitch time’

There were also reports of a £2.3 million bid for Alan Hutton from Norwich rejected this morning, as Lane feels that Hutton is vital to his teams success. “Alan is going nowhere, he is to good to let go, and the injury to Crespo has meant that I need Hutton to fill the gap unto Crespo comes back, so he’s not leaving.’

In terms of the Ins, it has come to my attention that Villa are looking at a 25 year old ‘keeper called Martin Hansen from ADO Den Haag, for a fee in the region of £800k, more on that as we hear it.

View attachment 191417

Pre Season Results

View attachment 191416

Fair to say I’m pleased with those results, 5 wins from 7 fixtures aren’t to bad. The 7-1 gives me the confidence that we have strikers that know where the back of the net is. The 1-1 draw against Tondela isn’t the best but I will take that considering the fact that were learning a new tactic and trying to bring the squad together as a team.

Lets hope this means we are going to have a good season on our hands.

Next update is the start of the season. Lets go!

Last edited:
View attachment 191399

View attachment 191398

Line up – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Clark, Baarheid, Grealish, Westwood, Veretout, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

Player of MatchJordan Ayew 9.0

Wow. What a way to kick start the season. Firstly I will take a draw away from home against any team, but against Manchester Utd! Going 3-0 was quite worrying after 36 minutes, but then having the ability to come back and go 4-3 up with goals from Ayew, Agbonlahor and 2 from Sinclair was incredible. Shame about the late goal from Martial but still, great way to start the season

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Preston vs Aston Villa

View attachment 191397

Should be quite a good game at Deepdale, might see if i can involve a few youngsters, but also some first teasers just so that we can see the game through

Last edited:
View attachment 191395

View attachment 191394

Line up – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Baarheid, Grealish, Westwood, Veretout, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

Player of MatchJordan Veretout 7.3

Well I guess it was just a stroke of luck that got us that 4-4 draw with United. It was inevitable really that we were going to loss some games this month considering the teams that we are playing. Not to happy though about conceding 3 goals at home, but they were just much better than us

View attachment 191388

View attachment 191387

Line up – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Clark, Baarheid, Grealish, Westwood, Veretout, Sinclair, Ayew, Gestede

Player of MatchBrad Guzan 8.1

Better than I had expected. Slightly annoyed by the fact that we let a lead slip right at the end and considered in the 88 minute to lose the match, but away against Chelsea and only losing 2-1 is a positive I can take. Bunch of fines being handed out I guess with all of these bookings, but, better than I thought.

View attachment 191385

View attachment 191384

Line up – Hansen, Richards, Clark, Lescott, Amavi, Traore, Sanchez, Gardner, Sinclair, Ayew, Kozak

Player of MatchJordan Ayew 9.5

First win as a Aston Villa and a comfortable one away at Preston. Hattrick for Jordan Ayew isn’t too bad either. Good to get some of the youngsters a game today, the likes of Traore, Gardner and Amavi having very good performances. Lets try and carry this kind of result into our next game……….. Away at Arsenal. :( Oh God :'(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup 3rd Round

Man Utd vs Aston Villa

View attachment 191383
great. just great

Last edited:
View attachment 191380

View attachment 191379

Line up – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Veretout, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

Player of MatchGabriel Agbonlahor 8.3

We seem to be playing better away from home this season, and another creditable draw against a top, top team. Goals from both my strikers are nice to see, Gabby on 26 and the Jordan on 73 to level up the game.

if anyone has any suggestions for how i can improve my style of reporting as this is my first story it would be much appreciated?!

View attachment 191370

AUGUST REVIEW

View attachment 191369

Kind of a half and half month really. I know that we have only picked up 1 win so far in the cup, but the three away games that we have played have really impressed me, getting draws vs Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. Hopefully in September we can pick u our first league win

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSFERS

View attachment 191368

4 transfers in and a bunch more going out. Michu is unavaible until January which I didn’t realise when I brought him, so I have to wait until then to play him. Emanuelson has been playing alright so far this month. Braafheid has really impressed me at left back, keeping the line steady each game. Hansson played in the Preston game and got a good rating so maybe some league games for him.

Only real transfers out of note would be N’Zogbia and Senderos leaving for Watford and Kobenhavn respectively, and a few youth startlets going out on loan, like Andre Green going to Carlisle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 191367

Jordan Ayew has really impressed me this month with goals in important games against Arsenal and United. 6 goals in 5 games is something to be proud off, and a 7.96 average rating so far is brilliant to.

View attachment 191361

View attachment 191360

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Ayew 8.7

Finally a win for the team, good result against a strong Newcastle team. Goals coming from Sinclair and the ever reliable Jordan Ayew sealed us a 2-1 victory.

View attachment 191355

View attachment 191354

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jack Grealish 8.1

I’ll take an away draw at a very tough team like Crystal Palace. Finally a different player on the score sheet this time with Rudy Gestede pooping up in the 77th ​minute with a bullet header from a Jack Grealish cross.

View attachment 191349

View attachment 191348

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Brad Guzan 9.4

I would consider ourselves to be slightly unlucky here against a full strength Manchester United team in the 3rd​ round. Having taken the lead through Jordan Ayew, again, we were unable to hold our lead, and Anthony Martial’s 92nd​ minute winner was horrible for us, as I felt we deserved more.

View attachment 191341

View attachment 191340

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Ayew, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Ayew 8.9

Dissapointed really that we couldn’t capitalise on the lead that we had, and especially annoyed by how poor there final goal was. But two goals for Jordan Ayew is a sight I’m seeing too much recently, and Scott Sinclair chipping in from the left is nice to.

View attachment 191244

SEPTEMBER REVIEW

View attachment 191243

Not the greatest of months really. Picking up my first win in the league is always nice, and the 2-1 deficit away at Man Utd is a great result, but two draws against two teams we could have been beating, especially Swansea, is hard to swallow.

PLAYER OF MONTH – Jordan Ayew

View attachment 191242

This lad is just on fire recently. At the start of the season I couldn’t see him getting past Gabby and Rudy into the starting XI, and the signing of Michu made me feel that he would get pushed down the pecking order, but 4 goals in 4 games in just brilliant right now

CURRENT TABLE –

View attachment 191241

Currently in 15th​ position, and considering the fact that we were asked as an expectation to battle bravely against relegation, we are only slightly above the drop zone. Hopefully we can move away from it and pick up some victories in October. but just look at that top 5, West Ham at the top, Leicester in 3rd and Stoke in 5th. that could be an interesting Champions League campaign next year

Really enjoying this so far my friend, good job! your layout is very good! will be following :) looks like your working miracles with the squad you have.

Really enjoying this so far my friend, good job! your layout is very good! will be following :) looks like your working miracles with the squad you have.
thanks man, nice to have appreciation from such a influential person on this forum. i know, I'm not sure what Ayew has been taking but he is on fire

thanks man, nice to have appreciation from such a influential person on this forum. i know, I'm not sure what Ayew has been taking but he is on fire

Influential :p ha! you should look into getting his brother too! the ayews up front for Villa would be quite something.

Influential :p ha! you should look into getting his brother too! the ayews up front for Villa would be quite something.
that is a great idea.... until i realised my budget is £0 and the overall bank balance of the club is 8 million :p wonder if they'll let me have him for free...........