View attachment 190978

View attachment 190977

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Clark, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Gestede

PLAYER OF MATCH – Rudy Gestede 8.7

Brilliant win away at Stoke, proving that the lads can do it on a cold night at the Brittania. And adding in the fact that we came from 2-1 down to win the match, and a 90th​ minute by Scott Sinclair is nice to see. Especially considering we are usually the team that concedes the late goals. It’s nice to be the ones that score it this time

View attachment 190965

View attachment 190964

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Clark, Crespo, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Gestede

PLAYER OF MATCH – Gabby Agbonlahor 7.3

Ok now this is just shocking. What is it with us and playing against Norwich. They always beat us. We dominated the whole game and had more of everything basically, but we just cant put the ball past John Ruddy and into the net.

View attachment 190949

DECEMBER REVIEW

View attachment 190947

Not the best of months really. Some good results, especially the one against Stoke, but 2 losses to Norwich and other poor results having given us a great Christmas in all fairness

PLAYER OF MONTH - Jordan Ayew

View attachment 190946

I went with Jordan Ayew because he did score some important goals for us this month, but he has just received the African Footballer of the Year, so I felt like I was obliged to honour him this month.

TABLE

View attachment 190945

Stuck in 15th​ still, which is okay I guess because we are above the relegation zone which is the main aim of this season. My main aim for where I want to finish is between 12th​ and 16th​, so we are currently performing well to mine and the board’s expectations. Still cant believe that West Ham are still in the top 10 being half way through the season. I wonder where they will finish up this year

View attachment 190929

View attachment 190926

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Clark, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Gestede

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jack Grealish 9.0

Wow! Okay that was not expected. I think I like playing against teams from Manchester at Villa Park. Another 2 goals for Ayew and one from Sinclair gets us a 3-1 victory, and the long awaited debut of Michu happened as well after he came of the bench for us having been unavailable for so long due to the fact he had already played for two clubs in 2015 before he joined us.

View attachment 190922
Takeover Bid Breaks Down

View attachment 190921

It has been reported that the potential takeover of Aston Villa by local legend David Beckham has broken down due to failure to compromise with current chairman Randy Lerner. Due to this failed takeover, it seems now that Thomas Lane’s job as Aston Villa manager is safe, and he won’t have to worry anymore. Lane revealed this message at a press conference this morning. ‘I’m glad that it is finally over and the transfer embargo has been lifted, and we can start looking at some potential incomings in this Winter Window’

View attachment 1008652
Aston Villa Bring in Ponce on Loan from Roma, whilst let Richardson leave

View attachment 190918

This morning, Aston Villa had reported that they have signed a 18-year-old forward from Roma on loan until the end of the season. The Argentinian striker had arrived at Roma in August for £3.5 million from Newells, but has failed to make an impact so far, and has been sent on loan to Premier League strugglers Aston Villa. When asked about his new signing, the gaffer said, ‘he is a young, quick striker who is here to put pressure on the current strikers. Having the ability to bring in someone from such a reputable club like Roma is brilliant for the clubs stature, and I hope that ponce can make an impact for us.’

in other news Kieran Richardson has left Aston Villa and has moved to Brighton for a nominal fee of 100k. Richardson contract was running out and he had 6 months left on is deal, and Lane didn't want him to leave for nothing, so getting in 100k and adding it to the minuscule balance that the club currently has is good for the club

Last edited:
View attachment 190913

View attachment 190914

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Crespo, Gil, Westwood, Veretout, Emanuelson, Ayew, Michu

PLAYER OF MATCH – Michu 8.8

2-2 draw takes us to a replay at Ewood Park, and I will take that considering the rotation that was involved for the game. No Gabby, Sinclair, Braafheid and Gueye and we still can get a good result from the game. Good to see Michu getting his first goals for the club as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA CUP 4th ROUND

View attachment 190913

Dagenham Redbridge vs Blackburn/Aston Villa

Last edited:
View attachment 190908

View attachment 190907

LINE UP - Guzan, Crespo, Richards, Ilori, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Ayew, Gestede

PLAYER OF MATCH – Micah Richards 8.3

A very good draw away at Everton, and a nice goal scored by Scott Sinclair to add to a very good performance. Despite being dominated in most parts of the game, we absorbed the pressure and kept it to a 1-1 score line

View attachment 190899

View attachment 190897

LINE UP - Guzan, Crespo, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Gil, Westwood, Veretout, Emanuelson, Ponce, Michu

PLAYER OF MATCH – Urby Emanuelson 9.1

Well I didn’t expect that to happen. I knew that changing my team around a lot my have an impact. 2 goals for Emanuelson is nice to see, and a debu goal for loan signing Ponce is good as well, but I really wanted to do well in this competition

View attachment 190891

View attachment 190890

LINE UP - Guzan, Crespo, Richards, Ilori, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Michu

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Ayew 7.0

I would say that losing to Chelsea is understandable, but it is another game where we have gone into the lead, but then we cannot keep it. I don’t know why our defence switches off as soon as we go 1-0 up, as they should be focused throughout the whole game. Still, only 2-1 to Chelsea is good for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordan Ayew Suffers Injury

View attachment 190886
Great, our best striker out for the next 2 months is definitely something that i want to see as this stage of the season. now we need Michu, Gabby, Rudy and Ponce to step up and get some goals

Last edited:
View attachment 190873

JANUARY REVIEW

View attachment 190872

Not the best of months really. Started of brightly with that brilliant win over Man United, but now we haven’t won in 4 games, and our best striker is out for 2 months. These next few months are going to be some testing times

PLAYER OF MONTH - Thiago Ilori

View attachment 190871

Thiago Ilori has been playing really well this month with 2 8+ ratings and a 7.5 this month to his name. hopefully he can continue to perform at a high standard, and maybe we can try and sign him permanently next season, or maybe try and bring him back on loan.

TABLE

View attachment 190870

Stuck in 15th​ still, which is okay I guess because we are above the relegation zone which is the main aim of this season. West Ham have trailed off a little bit but Southampton are still pushing for the top 4. 4 points is the gap between us and 18th​ place so we really need to start getting some wins together.

View attachment 190855

View attachment 190854

LINE UP - Guzan, Crespo, Ilori, Clark, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Ponce, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Thiago Ilori 8.0

Nice 2-2 draw against another very good side. Once again we concede in the 90th​ minute which is about the 500th​ time we have done that this season, but still 2-2 is very good against Arsenal

View attachment 190846

View attachment 190843

LINE UP - Guzan, Crespo, Ilori, Clark, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Michu

PLAYER OF MATCH – Juan Angel Crespo 7.8

This is getting annoying now, why can we not keep a lead, ever. We go 1-0 up through Juan Angel Crespo, and then we once again let Newcastle score 3 goals in the final 15 minutes, and Newcastle at the time were 17th​, which means that we have now been pushed down even further into the relegation battle.

View attachment 190840

View attachment 190839

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Michu

PLAYER OF MATCH – Scott Sinclair 8.7

Relatively boring game with a 1-1 score line. Nice goal scored by Rudy Gestede to put us 1-0 up but of course we have to lose the lead to Patrick Bamford on 74. MOTM Sinclair had a very nice game as well as Gestede

View attachment 190836

View attachment 190834

LINE UP - Hansen, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ponce

PLAYER OF MATCH – Micah Richards 8.8

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Goals from Ponce, Richards and Agbonlahor gave us a much-needed victory over a good Swansea side. Especially when you consider that they are 10th​ at the time, so it shows that we are catching them up. Incredible game by MOTM Richards caps of a great result

View attachment 190831

FEBRUARY REVIEW

View attachment 190830

Okay month really with 5 points from 12 on offer is one of our better months that we have had. Good draw against Arsenal and a brilliant good away win against Swansea makes up for a poor January.

PLAYER OF MONTH – Scott Sinclair

View attachment 190829

Scott Sinclair played really well in my opinion in the month of February with a goal and a few assists. It was between him and Micah Richards and Sinclair only just shaved it.

TABLE

View attachment 190828

Moving up to 14th​ this month with that win over Swansea, and we have moved 5 points clear of 18th​ with is good for us. Surprise at Man Utd being in 10th​ and a few midcard teams taking up 6th​ – 9th​ with the main teams currently sitting in 1st​ – 5th​

View attachment 190825

View attachment 190824

LINE UP - Hansen, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ponce

PLAYER OF MATCH – Scott Sinclair 7.8

Bore draw really here at Villa Park. Slightly annoyed because they are 20th​ in the league, but a point is a point and it helps us to move away from the teams below us.

View attachment 190820

View attachment 190819

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ponce

PLAYER OF MATCH – Thiago Ilori 7.2

Poor game really with West Ham deservedly winning the game through Payet and Jenkinson. Agbonlahor had equalised for us but we couldn’t keep it to a draw.

Youth Intake

View attachment 190816

Only really 2 players of note in this youth intake, but they are 2 very good players for the future

WILLEM STRIKWERDA

View attachment 190815

Well he looks like he could be very good in the future. Maybe the new Brad Guzan when he leaves the squad. 3 - 4 star potential is very nice right now, and he is Dutch so that is nice as well

MARCUS FLYNN

View attachment 190814

Wow! Okay now that looks like a great player. 3 ½ - 4 star potential is really nice. Mainly plays as a AML, but hopefully I can train him to be accomplished in the ML role for our side in the next few years.

View attachment 190810

View attachment 190809

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Veretout, Westwood, Gueye, Gil, Agbonlahor, Ponce

PLAYER OF MATCH – Gabby Agbonlahor 8.7

Very good victory against a team that we needed to beat and we did with confidence and ease. Goals from Ilori, Michu and Agbonlahor help us move away from the drop zone