Brendan Rodgers re-creating the Liverpool dynasty

No more updates ? I only log on here for this.. pretty much. lol

The match on Sunday was by far the biggest since I have taken over, historically the best 2 sides in England, it was of course against Man Utd. I was hoping that the Kop would be in fine voice (yet another game at Anfield, I want Anfield to become the fortress it once was and make it 90 minutes of **** for the opposition. Which we achieved against Wigan as we had 75% possession).

colin-pascoe_2236168b.jpg

The lads had been training hard, everyone wanted to be in the starting line-up for what is one of the biggest games of the season, players who struggled against Barnsley, such as Craig (Bellamy) was looking extremely good in training.

Myself and Colin had some trouble picking the side for Sunday, with only Steven (Gerrard) and Martin (Kelly) ruled out of this game, we had some tough decisions to make.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas Adam
Suarez Sigurosson Bellamy
Carroll

On the day of the game, the crowd was buzzing, I felt so proud that I was manager of this fantastic football club. As echos of "You'll Never Walk Alone" traveled all around the stadium, and it was magnificent, what an atmosphere the fans create for these massive derbies. I just hoped that the race-row between Luis (Suarez) and Patrice (Evra) is not re-kindled.

Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd
Rooney (50)

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

I was devastated to have lost this game, not the game which i wanted to taste my first defeat in, we had 58% possession and we should have won. Luis ran through on goal from the half-way line and hit the post, as did Dempsey when he came on. Back to the drawing board for our first away game of the season against Blackburn.

In my press conference I apologized to the fans for this defeat, I was frustrated at myself as the fans were in such a buzzing mood and my side let them down, after the game I said to the players that we make it up by the fans over the coming months and the course of the season and that we will give the fans that 4th place and Champions League football for the first time in 4 years, which is outrageous for a club the size of Liverpool.

loving your story so far mate, love the detail you use it's like Brendan Rogers is talking to me :) keep it up and good luck