Brendan Rodgers re-creating the Liverpool dynasty

The match on Sunday was by far the biggest since I have taken over, historically the best 2 sides in England, it was of course against Man Utd. I was hoping that the Kop would be in fine voice (yet another game at Anfield, I want Anfield to become the fortress it once was and make it 90 minutes of **** for the opposition. Which we achieved against Wigan as we had 75% possession).

colin-pascoe_2236168b.jpg

The lads had been training hard, everyone wanted to be in the starting line-up for what is one of the biggest games of the season, players who struggled against Barnsley, such as Craig (Bellamy) was looking extremely good in training.

Myself and Colin had some trouble picking the side for Sunday, with only Steven (Gerrard) and Martin (Kelly) ruled out of this game, we had some tough decisions to make.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas Adam
Suarez Sigurosson Bellamy
Carroll

On the day of the game, the crowd was buzzing, I felt so proud that I was manager of this fantastic football club. As echos of "You'll Never Walk Alone" traveled all around the stadium, and it was magnificent, what an atmosphere the fans create for these massive derbies. I just hoped that the race-row between Luis (Suarez) and Patrice (Evra) is not re-kindled.

Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd
Rooney (50)

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

I was devastated to have lost this game, not the game which i wanted to taste my first defeat in, we had 58% possession and we should have won. Luis ran through on goal from the half-way line and hit the post, as did Dempsey when he came on. Back to the drawing board for our first away game of the season against Blackburn.

In my press conference I apologized to the fans for this defeat, I was frustrated at myself as the fans were in such a buzzing mood and my side let them down, after the game I said to the players that we make it up by the fans over the coming months and the course of the season and that we will give the fans that 4th place and Champions League football for the first time in 4 years, which is outrageous for a club the size of Liverpool.

Last edited:
Following the Man Utd game, we had 2 weeks to prepare for our first away game of the season at Blackburn. I drilled into the players that this was no easy game, Blackburn were currently 3rd in the table with 2 wins and a draw. They were unbeaten! And 8 places above us but we had a game in hand. This was a game we had to win, to get our season back on track.

unfortunately both Pepe (Reina) and Martin (skrtel) had picked up injuries this week

Doni
Johnson Carragher Agger Enrique
Lucas Aquilani
Cole Sigurosson Suarez
Carroll

Blackburn 4-1 Liverpool
Yakubu (5,35), N'Zonsi (65), Olsson (87) - Carragher (84)

_59619474_alexanderdoni.jpg

I was unbelievably disgusted with my teams display. Doni had an absoulete shocker, luckily Pepe is only out for a couple of days with a virus. I am so shocked how we lost this game 4-1 with 64% possession. The team were second to every ball, I never hope to see a performance this bad whilst i'm in charge, or i'll be out of a job.

Last edited:
I don't know to be happy or sad as I am a United fan so glad to see you lose to United!!! :p

Wow, not such a good start to the season results wise lol! Pressure is on :)

yer i know not happy at all, have constantly been trying to re-create Swansea's style of play and have achieved that so far - always have around 60-70% possession but not doing anything with it, which is frustrating.

1st game of the season had 75% possession but only won 1-0

This week in training, I really put the players through their paces, I extended training today by an hour, I told the players to come in half an hour earlier. Its' best to say that weren't to pleased. We are sitting in 15th place but a game in hand on everyone else. A size of the club that Liverpool is and the rich history this magnificent club has is extremely disappointing.

n_liverpool_fc_luis_suarez-4138982.jpg

There has really been no stand-out players from the squad, we have only scored 4 goals in my first 4 games in charge, all 4 different scorers. My aim to put my own stamp on the team with the signings of Gylfi, Clint and Mohamed have had decent games but nothing special, with Clint the only one to have scored of my signings.

_46108690_gerrard466x282.jpg

The good news was that Steven (Gerrard) should be back to match fitness within a week or so and I feel that this may be the lift the team needs, to see their captain on the field driving them forward as we have seen so often in the past. Unfortunately, Pepe (Reina) had not recovered in time for the game against Wolves so once again Doni had to be relied on, which after his showing in the last game against Blackburn is not looking too promising. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and perhaps it was just nerves. (Brad Jones left the club on deadline day)

A win in this game would really kick-start our season. However, a loss and the fans would really start to get onto my back so early on in my reign, would not be ideal but i'm confident in the team's ability and my managerial skills, as I didn't study coaching in Spain for no reason. I could only dream of becoming Liverpool manager but here I was and unfortunately so far it isn't going exactly to plan.
The team for this must-win game was:

Doni

Johnson Coates Agger (C) Enrique
Diame Lucas
Dempsey Sigurosson Downing
Suarez

Wolves 2-2 Liverpool
Kightly (39) Doyle (48) - Agger (5) Lucas (25)

Doni-Liverpool-Sent-Off-Premier-League2_2747722.jpg

Once again a disappointing result, a 2-2 draw at Wolves when we were 2-0 up.Doni has to take a major part of the blame as he had another shocker. The first goal he caught the ball then dropped it as Kightly pounced on the re-bound. Towards the end of that game, I was seriously concerned that we were going to lose that game as Wolves pilled on the pressure and we seemed to end up 2nd to every ball. Doni did make one good save to be fair to the lad. One positive is that Pepe will return in goal and we can finally look and feel more confident defensively.

Last edited:
Is Gerrard out or do you not play him due to the style of football?

he's been injured for 4 weeks, and is lacking in match fitness so have made him available for the reserves.

Don't worry he'll be in the side

quick question do you reckon i should play Gerrard or Sigurosson AMC ????

I'd personally go for Gerrard every time, or try and work both into the team (play Gerrard depper). I still think Gerrard is technically good enough to add to your team whether it be as a deel lying midfielder or not.... :)

I'd personally go for Gerrard every time, or try and work both into the team (play Gerrard depper). I still think Gerrard is technically good enough to add to your team whether it be as a deel lying midfielder or not.... :)

ok, i'll give them both a chance at playing AMC or deeper as a CM and whoever performs better plays there

i thought u had said u had taken wolves bolton and blackburn out of the premier league?

i thought u had said u had taken wolves bolton and blackburn out of the premier league?

i thought so to but turns out i selected the wrong database and i am not really that bothered so i didn't bother re-starting the save

I would only try Gerrard deeper, Sig(however it's spelt!) is really suited to being an AM and not much else (in my book) so I would try and keep him there and move Gerrard back (or even onto the left)

I would only try Gerrard deeper, Sig(however it's spelt!) is really suited to being an AM and not much else (in my book) so I would try and keep him there and move Gerrard back (or even onto the left)

ok cheers mate, will try your suggestion in my next update.

will be no update for a couple of days as i am not on a computer as my battery has given up on me so have ordered a new one

Nice story man, I've never thought about signing Dempsey until I read this and the guy is a beast, he has scored like 6 in 8 and is knocking out the highest average rating in my team (8.05), got him for £3.5m also :)

Keep up the good work bro, looking forward to the next update :)

Nice story man, I've never thought about signing Dempsey until I read this and the guy is a beast, he has scored like 6 in 8 and is knocking out the highest average rating in my team (8.05), got him for £3.5m also :)

Keep up the good work bro, looking forward to the next update :)

Dempsey is a quality player and at £3.5m is an absoulete steal

he hasn't been that impressive for me yet

good news lads! my new battery has arrived and will start update now

just arrived back from hoilday early this morning zzzzzzzzzzzz!!! and returned to this story after 10 days away and was shocked to see that you were struggling but keep it up im sure things will change