Brendan Rodgers re-creating the Liverpool dynasty

just arrived back from hoilday early this morning zzzzzzzzzzzz!!! and returned to this story after 10 days away and was shocked to see that you were struggling but keep it up im sure things will change

sorry lads have had such a trouble with my laptop over the past week, with having to order a new battery and a new charger. While i was typing the update a few days ago my laptop finally gave up on me.

I am shocked to mate

After yet another disappointing result against Wolves, I was starting to feel the weight of the pressure of managing such a historic club. So during the 3 days since the Wolves game, I stepped up training, I made the players work harder and I made them come in an extra hour earlier (best to say they weren't too pleased). However, there was positive news as Pepe (Reina) was back from his illness to replace Doni, who didn't challenge Pepe for a permanent place in my side. Some more positive news was that Steven (Gerrard) was fit enough for the bench and was on the road to recovery. I reckon we could get 20 minutes or so out of him.

U6597P6T12D5876759F168DT20111220232657.jpg

We were sitting in 15th place with 4 points from 4 games, 9 points behind leaders Man Utd although they have played a game more. Myself and Colin (Pascoe) tried to drill into the players heads that this was the game which would really kick-start our season. This game really was a must win, it was against Newcastle, who had a magnificent season last year and Alan (Pardew) has done a brilliant job there and I am a big admirer. But for whatever reason the Toon were sitting in last place with 0 points. Before the players walked out I told them to make this 90 minutes of **** for Newcastle.

The team for this must-win game was:

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Robinson
Lucas Adam
Cole Sigurosson Dempsey
Suarez

Liverpool 0-0 Newcastle

liverpool-frustration.jpg

Yet again another disappointing result in yet another match that we dominated with 66% possession. I just can't understand why we can't turn our dominance into goals. For the next match against Cardiff in the league cup I am intending to try a different formation something completely different. A formation in which Barcelona have started to play the 3-4-3, which I hope results in a pick up of form.

quick question lads. How many people are actually following this ??

When I took the Liverpool job, I had hoped to get off to a flying start to get the fans onside but for whatever reason it just hasn't happened. I thought a change in formation might just be the thing that clicks everything into place and we start firing on all cylinders.

For the Carling cup game away at Cardiff, we would play a 3-4-3 formation which Barcelona have played over the years with a great deal of success,and having studied football in Spain for a number of years.I was confident that this formation would work with my Liverpool side.

scaled.php

For the Carling Cup game I am going to give some players a much needed rest such as Gylfi (Sigurrson) who has started every league game for me, Steven (Gerrard) wasn't quite fit enough to start, he managed 20 minutes against Newcastle and today he could probably handle 30 minutes. As I don't want to rush him back in and aggravate his injury again.

Reina
Carragher Coates Kelly
Diame
Henderson Shelvey

Downing Aquilani Cole

Carroll

Cardiff 1-2 Liverpool
Mason (69) - Downing (7), Aquilani (62)

Stewart-Downing--007.jpg

I was delighted that the boys adapted to the 3-4-3 even if it was a second string team. Stewart (Downing) got his 1st goal for the club and Alberto (Aquilani) got his 1st goal for an awfully long time for the club. The only negative was that we conceded a goal but we are into the next round. Hopefully when it comes to the weekend the starting 11 that day can deliver a similar performance.

Hopefully the cup win boosts the teams confidence and they can up their game in the league :)

Hard to praise anything related to Liverpool as i support United , but this is enjoyable . Nice job mate ! :D