2009/2010:
Pages 1-2
2010/2011: Pages 2-3
2011/2012: Pages 3-5
2012/2013: Pages 5-6
2013/2014: Pages 6-9
2014/2015: Pages 9-13
2015/2016: Pages 13-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neeson Announced Brentford Manager

View attachment 23755
With Brentford being a very local club I thought I would give them a bash as they seem to be a decent challenge. I am hopeful I can achieve great things with them.

The target this season is to avoid relegation and we'll see where we can push on from there.

I was given a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of about 26k p/w so with not much to work with I was very pleased with my transfers.

View attachment 23758

View attachment 23757

View attachment 23756

I'm still in the process of analysing my squad better but I will be doing monthly updates. Nevertheless here is the first result of the seasn.

View attachment 23759

Away for the first game so I was hoping for at least a point. Loan signing Merida got things going with a 35 yard scorcher on his debut, hopefully a sign of things to come but Carlisle equalised through a very dubious penalty. Brentford came out and played the second half with more purpose and good play from Mifsud down the wing allows Merida smash in his second of the game. Some sloppy defending and poor goalkeeping from Stubhaug leads to a messy goal resulting from a freekick but many positives from the game.

Last edited:
Things for the month started poorly when new central midfielder Gareth Williams broke his ribs in a collision and will therefor miss upto 2 months. He's one of the very few creative players we have so I may have to look for someone dirt cheap to compensate.

August

View attachment 23909

Football can be cruel and it was today. Never easy being on the road but we came out and played, it took Watford by surprise and we created quite a few chances we should have scored but we didn't take them and thus paid for it. Out of the Carling Cup but at least we can fully focus on the League now.

View attachment 23904

Fantastic win at home for us considering they were heavy favourites but we managed to control long periods and create few chances. Mifsud got his first goal of the season for us and Merida played as well as he did in the first game by providing a goal and an assist.

View attachment 23905

We've had a tough start to the season with the fixtures but this was still dissapointing. Quite a drab match but we matched them for most of it they just had that little bit more quality to take all three points. Dissapointing to lose at home whatever the opposition.

View attachment 23907

Unbelievable result :D We beat a very strong Southampton team today, and with the win being away from home it makes it that little bit sweeter. The lads worked their socks off and veteran Laurent Robert's creativity allowed Saunders smash it home quite late on.

View attachment 23916

Hard to take after the game at St Mary's last week. We were all over the place in the first half and they deserved their lead. I had to give them a dressing down for the second half and it did pay off. We battered them and had them penned in for long periods it's just a shame we couldn't convert our chances because we could have scored 5 in the second half alone.

View attachment 23910

View attachment 23913

Made one more signing in Scott Brown. Not very good but he was the best I could find with the budget I had.

View attachment 23917

Month Overview: Interesting month for us really. We played some very tricky opposition and pulled off a couple of great results against Southampton and Brighton. Obviously going out of the cup is sad but it was not too much of a dent in the month, the Oldham result however was dissapointing. We need to sort out our home form.

Player Of The Month - Fran Merida: The Loan signing scored 3 scorchers in the league and has grabbed an assist so very pleased with his contribution.

Last edited:
Great win vs Scumhampton mate :D

you beat brighton :mad:, sorry about earlier on that thread, i dont like being called an idiot when im a constructional engineer in the making, anyway im following

Good luck with the story should be interesting to see what happens through the whole season :)

thanks lads its looking to be a very difficult challenge but hopefully I'll do well.

September

Things did not get off to a good start this month with news that Michael Mifsud would be out for 6-7 weeks but hopefully Steven Kabba has enough ability to fill in whilst ***** Topp regains fitness.

On a more positive note we've managed to get Arsenal as our parent club so I will be looking into bringing a couple of players on 3 month loans.

View attachment 23998

We didn't have to travel very far for this game and thankfully we did what we needed to do with minimul fuss Mifsud banged in 2 goals which is doing wonders for his confidence.Through to the next round safely though I'm not too fussed about this competition.

View attachment 23999

Away again but this time in the league and it's never easy against a good team like Huddersfield and their goal didn't help at all. We matched them throughout and got a deserved equalizer but as we have shown before this season we can't seem to win these games when the score is balanced and it's something we must work on.

View attachment 23993

Unbelievable game :D Very proud of the lads we went 2-0 up deservedly through Mifsud who is really showing his quality. We let them back in through an unlucky own goal by Bristol City loan signing James Wilson and I really thought it was as you were when they equalised fairly late on but thankfully Dickson showed great composure from the spot to give us a famous victory.

View attachment 23990

We carried the momentum from the win against Charlton here. We dug in deep to come through at times but we played some fantastic stuff mostly throughout. Once they went ahead I changed our tactics because we weren't playing with enough intensity we finally broke them down through Merida's wonder strike and there was no looking back from there.

Transfer News

Brentford FC have announced the two loan signings of Arsenal centre forward Rhys Murphy and Spanish playmaker Thiago. Both have signed 3 month loan deals and Brentford will pay no fee or wages due to Arsenal being the parent club.

View attachment 23997

View attachment 23996

Also here is our transfer history if any people are suspicious.

View attachment 24001

View attachment 24000

Yeovil have been very poor this season so despite being away I really wanted to win today with both new loan signings starting the game. It was tough and the lads worked their socks off. Rhys Murphy had a few chances to break the deadlock and thankfully he did manage to take one to give us a very vital 3 points.

View attachment 23991

Southend are flying this season and they showed that against us here.The were better throughout and we just didn't seem to cope. We created a few chances including one or two guilt edged ones but we just didn't seem all too fussed today and that has really dissapointed me especially following our great run of form.

View attachment 23994

View attachment 23995

Month Overview: Overall I'm very pleased especially with the amazing win against London neighbours Charlton. We've proved we can play with the teams in this league and win. Our league position is very good and hopefully we can maintain some form to make sure we avoid relegation comfortably.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I have a couple of mates in the under 18s/reserves James Mccluskey being one.

But on the game the likes of Karleigh Osbourne, Sam Saunders, Kevin O'Connor have been performing well but I'm very reliant on the loan signings because the wage budget is so small.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

updates soon.

October

I had already done this entire update of 2 months but my laptop freezed and crashed so I lost it all which is incredibly annoying when you have written a match report for quite a few matches...So these matches don't have reports :/ Sorry to anyone who follows for that.

Things got off to a bad start when midfielder Gareth Williams who just came back from 2 months out has managed to injured himself for another 3 months. The lad has played 1 game for the club and is one of the higher earners so I may have to look in to his future if he can show decent fitness levels.

View attachment 24097

JPT South Second Round
View attachment 24094

View attachment 24105

View attachment 24096

View attachment 24102

View attachment 24100

November

FA Cup 1st Round (Note: It is called round 3 due to SuperBladesmans edited database)
View attachment 24106

JPT South Qrt Final
View attachment 24103

View attachment 24095

View attachment 24098

View attachment 24093

Monthly Overview: It's been a very good October and November for us overall. In the 7 league games we played we managed 4 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw which is very pleasing we've got to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and produced and inspired perfomance away at Norwich to get to the semi finals in the JPT Trophy. I'm very pleased with our league position, if only we had a bit more of a wage budget to work with but still we're just going to try and get as many points as possible and see where we end up after that :)

View attachment 24099

View attachment 24101
Player of The Month: Without a doubt Rhys Murphy. The lad has shown how vital he has been to us this season in his goals alone. He causes defences so many problems and is probably too good for this league. I will try my very best to extend the loan but Villa are showing interest :( and I would need to sign him until the end of the season because I cannot do another short term loan. But fingers crossed as this lad has got 7 goals in 8 league starts and 1 substitute appearance.

View attachment 24104

I'll be following, Brentford are very local for me too :D

Keep up the good work Deano ^^)

good luck deano. results looking very good

Thanks for all the support lads. We've come off the boil a bit due to the clubs awful finances but update very soon to any of those following.

December

With the clubs finances not getting any better I knew that things were going to get difficult from here. With Thiago, Rhys Murphy and Kyle Bartley's 3 month loans from Arsenal all ready to expire I was rather worried about the threadbare squad but we've managed to make do somehow.

FA Cup 2nd Round

View attachment 24211

After this match getting postponed 4 times I really didn't give a **** as to what the result was going to be. ****** Bradford and their waterlogged pitch. This really messed up our league schedule and we're going to be rather cluttered soon which is bad as we're losing our quality players (who happen to be on loan). But they never caused problems and we glided through with ease.

View attachment 24214

Great game against a very good side. We managed to match them physically and were still able to impose some of our game on them. Rhys Murphy continued to show what an asset he has been and I will be trying to thrash out some sort of deal. Very questioning goalkeeping from Lars (Stubhaug) for their goal but he has been great this season so I can't be too critical.

JPT South Semi Final

View attachment 24217

Wanted to get the game out of the way and we did with ease which is very pleasing. This trophy is just a small bonus so if we do manage to win it we will be pleased but we have bigger fish to fry so to speak.

View attachment 24219

Topsy turvy game again. We seem to have loads of 3-2 games which is something I will need to sort out even though we seem to be on the right end of them most of the time. We did fantstically well to pick ourselves up and go 2-1 ahead but again sloppy defending almost lost us all 3 points but thankfully Michael (Mifsud) pops up again to drill it home. Mifsud and Rhys Murphy have formed a very good understanding up front which is pleasing.

View attachment 24213

Dissapointing. We were dreadful all over the park and we could have got beat by more. Even the late consolation goal cannot shed any sunshine on a truly uninspiring performance. Demand better than this!

View attachment 24220

Score says it all. I could be wrong but I think that is our first 0-0 of the season haha.

View attachment 24212

With Kabba filling as Rhys Murphy departed we played extremely well. WIth big Steve getting a goal early. It was very even after that with ot many chances being created but they struck in very late which was a very harsh blow being so close to doing the double over our London neighbours.

Transfer News: Busy month. We lost Bartley, Thiago, James Wilson and Rhys Murphy who were all on loan. More unfortunate news is that striker Charlie MacDonald has broken his foot, and left winger Myles Weston has broken his leg. Due to both these injures being very long term, and because of he clubs debts I have had to release both of these players along with David Hunt (purely financial) and it has left us a little short in depth and very short in quality.

I did however manage to pick up 2 players on frees. Thankfully they were willing to take some very low wages.

View attachment 24216

View attachment 24218

With Noble I feel we have a good passer of the ball who can be a real influence in the middle of the park. And with Lovell I think we have experience and just another striker considering ***** Topp has been absolutely dreadful and extremely injury prone.

Monthly Overview: Very mixed month. We did well in the two cup competitions, but we only managed 1 win 3 draws and 1 loss in the league so not a disaster but exactly fantastic. Hopefully I will be able to bring a couple of players in as I have reduced the wage budget

Here is the league table:

View attachment 24215

I am brentford on my game at the moment, i originally was Montrose in the scottish 3rd div, but lower league in England is where i am at home so i took over at Brentford who were bottom of League 2!!

So your doing a mighty fine job being in mid table in League 1 instead of bottom of League 2 by October in the 2nd season!!

Just guided them to safety but the finances are dreadful!!

My Team:

Gk ***** Gueret
LB Michael Rose
RB Karleigh Osborne
CB Bruno Berner
CB Alan Bennett
CDM Marcus Bean
CM Ian Craney
CM Matt Spring
LW Myles Weston
RW Cleaveland Taylor
STK Ben Strevens

Good Luck :)

Yeah mate it's a real task! The finances areso bad and I'm under an already tiny wage budget.

Keep hold of Cleveland Taylor and Osbourne as they seem to be halfdecent.

I had to release Myles Weston because he broke his leg in a match :(...was out for8-9 months and I couldn't have that on the wage bill when he wasn't playing

It's a hard situation because the debt is rather large.

Doing great man. I played with Brentford in FM2008 and i got them relegated out of League 2. I'm pretty terrible at FM tho!! lol