Brentford FC - Bringing Glory To Griffin Park

brentford is really close to osterley where my cousins live so ill definetly follow

thanks lads :) I'll be posting the January update soon.

January

With losing all the Arsenal loan signings including Fran Merida as he signed a season long loan deal before the parent club link was announced we jus't couldn't afford his 2Kp/w wage wish is shame as he did very well for us and I hope he makes something of himself on this save and isn't left to rot. I did however make 2 signings, 1 of which I feel is a fantastic coup for the club.

Rhys Murphy has signed for us :D. Basically we will owe Arsenal 150k after he plays 50 league games and the 150k if he makes an appearance for England :) (highly unlikely). He has been vital so I am delighted with this piece of business.

I also signed young centre back Mathew Roome on a free transfer from Villa. Needed the cover as I will look to offload Bennet next season.

View attachment 24558

FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 24560

Pleased to get to the 4th round of the cup and it was another routine victory for us in this competition. We are drawn against Middlesbrough in the 4th round so that should be a vert difficult challenge.

View attachment 24563

Very dissapointing considering we beat them at their ground. We never got going and even big Stevie Lovell's goal didn't do much to push us forward in the game. We need to be better.

View attachment 24565

Difficult to stomach. We were so close to doing the double over them and once again we switched off very late on and they made us pay dearly. Very hard to take but I am pleased with the effort shown.

View attachment 24559

Another 3-2 and this time it's gone against us Rhys Murphy and Laurent Robert once again showed how crucial they are to our plays. But our defending is really letting us down. We're not doing the basics and all these late goals have cost us dearly.

JPT South Final First Leg

View attachment 24562

Very exciting game in a competition I am not too fussed about. I gave a lot of the players who have played less a chance in this game and we did okay. The second leg is perfectly poised.

FA Cup 4th Round

View attachment 24561

We were batteted here and the lads didn't show any desire to win the game and progress in this competition. It is a shame because I thought if we gave them a real go our front line could cause some problesms but we were lacklustre to say the least today and Middlesbrough made us pay dearly.

View attachment 24568

After such an awful month its not nice to get back to winning ways with a good performnce against strugglers Tranmere. Rhys Murphy showed why we brought him and that is because he scores goals. Hard to find someone so good at this level and he is definately our talisman even though Mifsud has also been fantastic.

View attachment 24567

Oldham are a good side and off the back of win this result isn't too bad even though I would hve obviously liked to win. Neither team created much and it seemed to be a more of slog in the midfield. After some poor results a point here isn't bad considering Oldham are doing very well.

Monthly Overview: One of our most dissapointing months of the season. A little light is shed onto it through the two signings we made which I am quite pleased about. Also Steve Lovell is proving to be decent cover nd David Noble is coming into his own and is probably going to be our future captain.

The 4 points at the end of the month were invaluble, not only in points but in morale aswell. Being poor in the league games and getting thrashed by a championship team isn't the best for team spirit but I'm pleased in the way we picked ourselves up and found some decent form.

View attachment 24566

February

Due to being unable to upload screenshots at the momet (for some reason they're ust not uploding when I've been trying to upload them. They don't upload, the manage attachment screen does not upload. Hopefully. I'll be able to again soon but it must have something to do with my internet. Very sorry for the short update, but I have just finished my first season and have the updates for the rest of the season ready already so it shouldn't be too big a problem)

It was quite a poor month for us in terms of results but we still didn't fair disastrously and seemed to have definately claimed our place in this league. Media predicted 21st for us so we are performing well above the public expectation.

We are positioned 10th

Once again very sorry for no screenies and stuff but I have tried several times to post this and I've just run out of patience as I want to post the progress on this season.

March

Finally I can upload screenies again.To any interested :p this is going to be a rather large update to make up for the last one. After this there will be the end of season round up :)

We've been very mediocre as of late, to be honest it isn't so bad as we are overachieving but on a personal note it is dissapointing as it seems I've not been able to get through to the players enough.

We did manage however to pick up this experienced CB
John Kennedy. I feel he is a very good addition and will help us out at the back.

View attachment 24774

We also picked up Spanish defensive midfielder Arnaud Riera. The former Sunderland man also has decent attributes and will provide good cover in the defesive CM role.

View attachment 24764

Results

View attachment 24775

We gave a whole hearted display against a very good side but once again this season we come up short in a hard fought battle.

View attachment 24768

Even game which produced a lot of chances. We responded well to going a goal down but I am still incredibly frustrated as we just cannot hold a lead. We always let the opposition come back and we need to address this.

View attachment 24778

After being 2-1 down we played fantastically well and created a host of chances. Once Michael Misfud put us ahead on the last minute I thought we could dig in deep and take home a well deserved three points. BUT the ref was an absolute joke today and has cost us all 3 points. How can he give 6 MINUTES of stoppage time when the board went up for 3. I don't see Fergie anywhere so what is going on? Had we won we would have gone 4 points outside the playoffs. Absoltuely disgraceful.

Neeson Warned over "Attack" On Official

The FA have acted swiftly to warn Bees manager Dean Neeson over his post match conduct. Neeson was reported to have used derogatory language and intimidating behaviour. When asked about the incident Neeson said this:

"I understand the FA and I have sent an apology to Mr Ward but I stand by the principle of what I said I just distributed it poorly. Show anyone the game and they will say the same thing. Why has the ref added 6 mins when the board put up 3? I want answers"

View attachment 24767

Incredible game. Just look at the score times and you can see. Highly unusual to get consecutive 3-3 draws, but this just highlights our season really. We score plenty but we can't defend.

April

View attachment 24776

Difficult game much like the Leeds one. We fought very hard and created a few chances probably should have scored but Millwall edged it and deserved to win. Well done to them,

View attachment 24765

Finally a win! :D Exeter have been very good this season so after a dip of form, to come and play the way we did is very pleasing. Rhys Murphy showed everyone exactly why we wanted him to stay so bad by smashing in another 2 goals.

View attachment 24766

Back to back wins; something we don't do often but it is a great feeling that we can do it. We continued our momentum and were far better than them throughout the game. Playoffs are too much an ask it seems so we will try to rack up as many wins as possible before the season is over.

View attachment 24777

An absolute disaster today...I'd rather not get into it but it seems all the lads are thinking about the beach and not the ****** club.

View attachment 24771

See above.

View attachment 24769

Good to finish the month off with a win against a struggling Yeovil side. We put in a good committed performance for the fans you can't ask for much more. We have 2 league games left, hopefully we can win them and finish up as high as possible.

View attachment 24788

Great away win agaist a side pushing in the higher echeleons of the League. 2 wins on the bounce is good and hopefully we can close the season with 3 wins on the trot.

View attachment 24789
Fitting to end our season with a 3-2 result as we have had countless ones this year. We finished the season off with a win in front of our supporters so I am pleased ad hopefully we can push on for next season.

March/April/May Overview:

As the results show we have been incredibly inconsistant and that has been our downfall this season along with our defending. On the positive however we won our last 3 league games which was nice for the supporters and we definately overachieved in terms of what the board wanted and what the media predicted (21st).

End of season report (final league table, player stats, key players etc) coming very soon :)

I will be following mate keep up the good work! Is ***** Topp as good on the 10.2 patch?

His stats are pretty similar but he kept getting injured for me and I had to release him :(

Great layout you have there Deano - hope you finish the season where you were aiming. :)

Great results and transfers. Promotion next season?

Great results and transfers. Promotion next season?

Hopefully mate if the boards finances improve a bit

by the way I was gonna post the end of season post last night but the ************* at BT decided to **** me over for the 10th time this month but yeah it's coming soon.

End Of Season Report

Although promotion was just too much of an ask with the players and resources I had we still played well above expectations and achieved a very finished a very respectable 9th in the league table. What we do next season is entirely dependant of what happens with the boards debt, and with the chairman not leaving anytime soon I don't hold much hope. We aren't the most interesting proposition for a takeover but oh well.

Here is the league table:

View attachment 25061

View attachment 25062

Best Players of the Season

Rhys Murphy - The lad was fantastic for us and notched 22 goals in 31 games. It had been 21 in 25 but the media speculation got to him and effected his performances which resulted in 1 in his last 6 games of the season, but it was still fantastic ratio. Still I am delighted e were able to sign him as I think he will be crucial next season.

View attachment 25055

Laurent Robert
- The veteran winger arrived on a fairly big wage but he did pay it back with 15 assists and 11 goals from the left wing. He was always crucial with his crossing when we needed him most and I am very pleased in that respect however due to his age and his wage I think he will be leaving in the summer.

View attachment 25056

Godwin Antwi - Resurrected the lads career as it looked like he was going to stay a free agent. He was fantastic all season in right back and covered in the centre whenever called upon. We had an awful defence but he always stood out and was always there with crucial interceptions. He barely made any silly mistakes like penalties etc so delighted with his contribution. 2 or 3 clubs are interested and of course if the price is right we will sell.

View attachment 25058

Michael Misfud - Probably the best bargain of the season. He can have his off games where he just doesn't get into it but when he's on form he is unstoppable in this league. He terrorised defenders with his pace time after time and usually set up
Rhys Murphy for his goals. Don't know what I would have done without him and this is shown by him being signing of the season :)

View attachment 25057

Flop(s) of the Season

Gareth Williams - I had high hopes for this lad despite his poor physical he had fairly good technical ability and my squad was crying out for that. Soon after I signed him (on a decent wage) he suffered a long term injury and after that he never really recovered.

View attachment 25059

Here are his injuries:

View attachment 25060

Summary

View attachment 25063

Pre-season report coming later today and there are MASSIVE changes to the squad including the signing of 2 former Man Utd youngsters.

Pre Season Report

My heart sank initially when the board told me the transfer and wage budgets. I expected the transfer budget to be 0 but when I was told the wage budget would be 21K p/w which is 4k less than last season I was rather dissapointed.

Thankfully I noticed newly promoted Newcastle were interested in Godwin Antwi so I quickly acted despite how good he was for us and I managed to sell him for 1.7M which I was delighted with, this helped alot with the debt but none of it went towards my budgets.

Here is the full overview of my transfers which I really was delighted with:

View attachment 25186

I don't think I need to show the loan signings but here is a selection of some of the frees I made which I really was pleased with.

Former Man Utd youngster
Sam Hewson has got decent stats (has improved since) and I think he can be a real force in this league. This was a very good addition to strengthen the middle of the park.

View attachment 25182

Former Middlesbrough youngster Nathan Porritt looks like he has decent potential. I remember him being quite highly touted before and obviously he's faded away a bit, but with Laurent Robert leaving we needed a left winger and he fitted the bill perfectly. I hope he can be a real force down the left for us.

View attachment 25189

Corry Evans is another former Man Utd youngster. This time is the brother of Man Utd Starlet
Jonny Evans. I was absolutely delighted with this signing and I feel he is a real all rounder. He has a massive future with the club and I think I showed this by making him club captain immediately in the wake of Alan Bennett's departure. I am hoping he will boss the midfield allowing Merida to be as expressive as possible.

View attachment 25192

Franny "box in the fox" Jeffers. I know this is a slight risk but he is not on a high wage and I needed another forward to replace Steve Kabba. Hopefully he can play his part for us and get some goals which is something he has failed to sustain.

View attachment 25183

Former Rangers man Bob Malcolm was signed on a free also. I feel he will be good cover for the midfield. I am impressed with his creativity and his passing. He also brings experience to the table which is invaluable.

View attachment 25185

Finances

This is our improvement in finances due to the Antwi sale and league finish etc.

View attachment 25194

Targets

It is going to be a very difficult season this year. The likes of Leeds, Charlton, Preston, Barnsley, Norwich are all still in the league but I think the squad I have put together can cause a few surprises this season.
The board wanted a midtable finish after last season but my goal is to finish in the playoff zone. I feel I have brought some very talented players here and with the crucial Arsenal loan signings, it gives us a lot of depth which is needed due to some poor fitness levels.

Target:
Playoffs

Big Changes at Brentford

After a very promising performance in League 1 last season, Brentford boss Dean Neeson has made many wholesale changes to the club including reducing the club's debt by almost 2 million pounds. Neeson brought in 10 players on frees but he also let 13 leave the club on a free. Godwin Antwi formerly of Liverpool left Griffin Park for Premiership football with Newcastle for 1.7M.

One of the main changes that epitomized this was the release of former captain Alan Bennet and the appointment of free signing Corry Evans as club captain.When questioned on the matter Neeson was very honest and open about the changes he made.

View attachment 25197
The new Brentford FC captain.

"I wanted to show the change the club was making. I have assembled a young, talented hungry squad which want success and that fits in perfectly with the staff and me. Being a local boy myself we want to take this club as far as we can. I just ask the fans for patience as it's basically a new team although I have kept many of the talented players I had from last year like Marcus Bean, Michael Misfud, David Noble and so on.

We will definately be continuing our philosophy of attacking football. Why do you think Arsene Wenger would allow us to be their affiliate. I spoke to him and assured him we played football the right way and I'm sure he will be pleased with the results!

The lads cannot wait for the season to get underway and hopefully this could be a very big year in the history of this football club."

anyone who actually follows if you have any comments/criticisms etc please let me know :)

Deano Dino always never fails to impress me with your managerial abilities as well as your story layout. Brilliant so far mate! Good luck in your upcoming season mate =)

Thanks a lot mate I loved your Liverpool story so I really appreciate your comments. I just noticed you have a new one yourself so I will be checking that out in a few.

hehe thanks Dino =x Too bad i dont really know lower league well enough. That's why i dont really give comments. But you have my fullest support. Will try to follow as much as I can and learn abit more about lower league players as well. Who knows i might do one in the future ^^

ahh yeah understandable well hopefully ill be in the prem sometime soon so it's a bit more familiar for you. I'm going to post the first results of the season later tonight including a famous derby victory in the cup :)

Cool.. It's a pity that i wont be using computer for the next 2days =/ Will try to have a quick comment if i ever manage to =) Anyway i manage to get 2nd in Premier league with the Blues in 2nd season. Chelsea beat us with +2 GD! Freaking **** :'(

August

Well with the season getting underway there's not much more I need to say. Hopefully we can improve fitness levels and get everyone games under their belt.

View attachment 25254

Very hard fought game but I am absolutely delighted that we managed to nick it 1-0. Alot of the players weren't totally fit yet despite playing many pre season friendlies so I'm very pleased with the character shown here. Michael Misfud starts the new season like he finished the last.

Carling Cup 1st Round
View attachment 25238

1st round of the the Carling Cup and we travel to local fierce rivals Fulham who have just been relegated and man what a performance from our lads. They had the better of tight first half but from when we came out in the second half we showed more intensity and purpose to our play. Thankfully two goals in the extra time sealed a very famous victory for us. I'm very proud of the lads.

Famous Victory for Brentford

League 1 Brentford caused the biggest shock of the round eliminating recently relegated Fulham. The clubs share a fierce local rivalry and the Bee's fans and board will no doubt be delighted with the fantastic derby win.

View attachment 25255

Norwich are a good side and we put in a good performance today. We were unlucky not to win but it really could have gone either way. Carrow Road is not an easy place to come to so I am pleased with the point. Very good brace for
Rhys Murphy.

View attachment 25247

Back with a win here and we really did deserve it. Rhys Murphy continued his fantastic form smashing in 2 before new signing Adam Virgo scored his second goal in 3 games for his new club.

League Cup 2nd Round

View attachment 25236

We host another Championship team in the cup and this time the upset is not on the cards. We wasted many many chances and the scoreline does not reflect the game in any way. I am dissapointed but the League is much more of a priority and we still have the FA cup.

View attachment 25239

Another derby game and it did live up to it. We were very poor in the first half and the complacency annoyed me. I had a real go in the second half and we managed 2 goals in the last 12 minutes which is fantastic. We showed our character when we were against the wall. And once more Rhys Murphy pops in with a goal at the death. Best 300K I ever spent.

Injuries Rise for Brentford Boss

Brentford have been dealt a blow with news that Captain Corry Evans will be out for 5 weeks while Arsenal loan signing Nacer Barazite will be out for 5-6 weeks.

"It's never easy losing 2 players of this quality but I still feel we have sufficient depth in the midfield so as hard as it will be for us it isn't a complete disaster and hopefully we can have the pair of them back sooner rather than later"

JPT 1st Round
View attachment 25250

Very poor performance but I fielded most of the lads who need the games and fitness. I am not concerned about this trophy whatsoever so I am dissapointed to lose the game but not so dissapointed to be out of the competition.

September

View attachment 25235

Shocking performance against recently relegated Barnsley. Once they went ahead they never looked back and this is a real reality check for the lads. We didn't deserve anything from this and I hope this knocks them a bit because we looked incredibly careless today.

View attachment 25257

Tough to take. Walsall are flying in the league and we went ahead then fall away after that letting them storm into a 3-1 league in the second half. Rhys Murphy got one back but we didn't deserve a point. We need to gel and get to know eachothers qualities better but it will only come with time.

View attachment 25237

Back to winning ways and we never looked like losing. We were always in control here and could and should have scored more. Once Michael Misfud netted his second goal the game was over.

View attachment 25246

Very poor again and 4 defeats in 5 games is unacceptable. Even after last weeks win we didn't seem motivated and produced a very lacklustre performance against a good side. We needed to perform but we didn't show up.

View attachment 25256

Lovell has struggled to get in the team ahead of
Misfud and Murphy but I started him today and he paid me back with a goal very early on and a goal very late in. He delighted the fans with the late goal and hopefully we can put our bad run of form behind us.

View attachment 25240

Argh, we dominated the game and should have scored way more. Their goal was basically the only clear cut chance they had. They caught us on the break through Chris Gadi's pace and we paid for it. But the performance overall was good nd the signs are promising.

View attachment 25251

Consecutive 1-1 draws but Leeds are good opposition. We peformed well in an very matched game. We had a few chances and thankfully Rhys Murphy took one and got us a valuable point. Elland Road is a fantastic place to come and I'm glad we put in a good performance. We'll take the point back to London happily.

August/September Overview

Player of the Month(s) - Rhys Murphy

The lad has got scores some extremely crucial goals for us and has hit the back of the net 8 times so far this season.

View attachment 25248

View attachment 25249

It has been a very mixed opening 2 months of the season. We did okay in the opening games including a fantastic victory over a very strong Fulham side. But we got knocked out of the JPT Trophy and the League Cup along with 3 defeats in the League so we will definately need to improve and I am very confident we will. The squad just needs to gel after undergoing surgery this summer and we are missing 2 crucial players. Corry Evans presence and influence in the middle of the pitch and on the game as a whole is invaluable as is Nacer Barazite's flair, creativity and technical ability.

But we will improve, I am certain of that. This group of players are very ambitous and we want to achieve the most we possibly can.

any comments, suggestions, criticisms etc are very much appreciated

also if there any screenies my loyal fanbase :)P) want to see I am happy to show them