Brentford FC - Bringing Glory To Griffin Park

October

After managing to get a couple of draws at the end of the month to stop the losing streak. We had some very winnable games this month and I was hoping that the squad would come together a bit more, plus
Nacer Barazite and Corry Evans should be returning this month.

View attachment 25704

Very difficult game but we managed to grind it out thanks to a great goal on the break from Michael Misfud. We weren't at our best today but we were losing these games last season so I am pleased to have got the 3 points.

View attachment 25702

Fantastic game for the fans at home to watch. It was highly stressful for me though. Once we equalised on the
83rd minute I had no idea the lads would find the strength and fitness to push on get another 2 goals. Incredible performance. To score 3 in the last 7 minutes is unbeliavable. Michael Misfud was brilliant again with his hat-rick.

View attachment 25700

Another thriller for the fans here at Griffin Park. Michael Misfud continued his excellent form, he is unstoppable at times and defenders cannot cope with his movement and pace late in matches so he is a real asset to us. After going 3-2 up very late in the game it was heartbreaking to concede the goal 2 minutes into stoppage time. Hopefully we can work on this and improve our overall game.

View attachment 25705

We won at The Valley last season and we produced another superb display here. We dominated the entire game and had a host of chances. After they equalised I did think they were going to overrun us but Rhys Murphy scored an unbelievble 25 yard banana shot to give us the lead again. We never looked back after that.

View attachment 25701

Once again we are involved in a thriller at home but this time on the wrong end of it. Dissapointing consider we were unbeaten in the last 6 league games. I am vowing to improve our defending as we've shown we can score plenty of goals.

View attachment 25703

We just cannot stop scoring goals. Another 5 today with Rhys Murphy bagging another 3. Teams simply cannot cope with our attacking ability with the Arsenal youngsters providing to be crucial.
Fran Merida has been an absolute beast and is tearing the league up with his passing.

Monthly Overview:

Great month for us with 3 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss in the last 5 league games. We also scored 19 goals in these games so there is reason for optimism. We seem to be gelling and it is coming together a bit more. I really do feel promotion is possible with this group of players even if I am being a bit too ambitious.

View attachment 25712

We are just outside the playoffs so we are doing okay at the moment.

View attachment 25713

As you can see we have scored the most goals in the league so I am delighted in that respect.

View attachment 25714

Fran Merida and Rhys Murphy are the two standout players at the moment.

any comments, criticisms etc are appreciated.

Last edited:
November

After finding some momentum last month with some impressive performances it is important we continue our form and start to push up the league table. I feel the lads are finally gelling on the field and we have a good team spirit here down at Griffin Park.

View attachment 25956

We dominated the game and their only goal came through a penalty. We were unlucky considering they only had 2 shots on target compared to our 9. But a point away from home isn't a disaster and we have the FA Cup game next I will play some different players in that.

FA Cup 1st Round
View attachment 25955

After being 2-0 up it was dissapointing to let them get it back to 2-2, and Preston are a good side so I was wary of a letting in a goal but I really didn't want to play a replay so I went for it and luckily Michael Misfud did what he does best and that is score late goals.

View attachment 25949

Disgusting. We controlled the entire game and went ahead early through Rhys Murphy. But we just couldn't put the game to bed missing chance after chance. Sure enough they made us pay by scoring 2 in the last 15 minutes to beat us :(

View attachment 25947

They knocked us out of the JPT cup and as minor as it was to me I wanted revenge. It was a close game and I though it was petering out for a draw but guess who...Michael Misfud pops up with another crucial winner in the last few minutes of the game. It is a shame he won't sign a one year extension with us.

View attachment 25954

They've been struggling and we ripped them to pieces here. We could have scored about 8 had we been more clinical but still we taught them a harsh lesson and it was a good day out for the fans.

FA Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 25953

Comfortable victory. We never looked like losing and the 2 goals quick into the second half killed them off, it just petered out after that.

View attachment 25948

Another very good win here showing we can score and maybe actually keep clean shots :O. 3 in a row now, I know that is something we definatelly have not achieved before.

Monthly Overview:

It's been another good month with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss in the league, we also won both of our FA cup matches which is a very nice bonus. We are playing terrific football at the moment and our two frontment Michael Misfud and Rhys Murphy are on fire whilst
Corry Evans, Nacer Barazite and Fran Merida are pulling the strings in the midfield.

Player Of The Month: Michael Misfud

The lad has been fantastic this month, he can be a great impact player as his pace is so difficult to deal with at this level this is why he scores the ammount of late goals that he does. I really want to keep him another season but his contract expires at the end of the summer and he has no interest in renewing. Either way he has had a fantastic 2 years with us.

View attachment 25950

We have made it into the playoff zone due our impressive performances over the last 2 months.

View attachment 25951

Top scorers in the league and we really are playing some good attacking football at the moment.

View attachment 25952

Both frontment hitting the back of the net often and Merida has been a creative force for us. I have a good relationship and understanding with
Merida and he really likes the club.

Good stuff mate! Hope you get promotion! I updated my Vale story last night if you fancy a read and dont be scared to comment maybe some tips? You look like a very good manager

Ahh i just found this. Alot of stories get bypassed by me because well...most of them never last

Amazing first season. Always going to struggle when you lose key loan players but your finish was still great.

Kennedy and wee 'boab' were great buys for that level. Hope you manage to get yourself in the play offs.

Thanks alot mate nice to know the story is worth following :)

and yeah I managed to get kennedy on £900 p/w so I was pleased as he is rather good. I have no idea who "boab" is haha but if it is bob malcolm the lad has an awful attitude!

yeah good story i have enjoyed reading it so far keep up teh good work and disspointing to see preston in that league tho as on my story they were 22nd when i took over so looked liek going down, but i have rescued it...... any way hope you get promoted this season

can i see a screenshot of your team line up and also well done in getting nordveidt on loan from arsenal. :)

I was going to do this... ¬_¬

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

anyways good layout and story.will follow.

I would post my team mate but I've just finished the second season and it would ruin the summer transfers. thanks for following lads december and january update coming tonight

December

We've been playing terrific stuff over the course of the last 2 months and we are slowly climbing up the table. But it is vital we performe this month because a few wins and we are right up there at the top!

Results

View attachment 26116

Very comfortable win away from home and another clean sheet which is good. The confidence is rising and we are becoming more and more of a threat in this league, if we continue like this we are going to be very dangerous.

View attachment 26113

Another fantastic win against a good side. We took Norwich apart today and it has filled me with optimism. We keep winning and we seem very difficult to beat at the moment, our momentum is guiding us.

View attachment 26119

Fantastic, we're beating whoever is put in front of us with ease at the moment and we are scoring freely. Rhys Murphy continued his fabolous form with a brace and Fran Merida scored a corner which is nice.

View attachment 26112

Going down 1-0 in the second half was worrying but our momentum carried us and our frontline saved us once again. Very exciting game and I'm delighted to have won. That's 4 on the trot now and we've scored 3 in every game.

View attachment 26118

This is the type of game that makes me think we can achieve promotion this season. Last year we were losing these type of matches but this time we dug in deep and Franny Jeffers lived up to his former hailing with a real poachers header right at the death. I'm over the moon at the moment because we are playing the best stuff in the league.

View attachment 26117

First defeat of the month and the first defeat in a while. Very dissapointed to take the lead twice and both times we threw it away carelessly. Our defending is still uninspiring at times despite the recent clean sheets but hopefully we can finish the month with a bang because it has been truly great for us.

View attachment 26111

Considering we lost the reverse 4-1 I can take this result. We played fairly well and maybe could have knicked it but it really could have gone either way so I have no complaints with the result. I'm dissapointed not the finish the month with a win but there is a lot of reason to smile at Griffin Park at the moment.

Monthly Overview

We had a fantastic October and November but this has blown both out of the water. 4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw isn't unbelievable but the way we have been playing suggests we are one of the most determined and gifted teams in the league at the moment.

I will try and maybe bring someone in on a free but I will most likely be looking at players whose contracts are expiring.

Player of the Month

It has to be Rhys Murphy again. He is in scintillating form at the moment and netted another 5 goals to his tally this month. But
Corry Evans, Daniel Jones, Michael Misfud and Fran Merida have all been fantastic as of late.

View attachment 26114

Top scorers in the league which is nice :)

View attachment 26115

January

We've been in devastating form despite not winning either of the last 2 games last month. It seems to be really coming together now with a lot of free transfers paying off. David Cowan, Daniel Jones
and Sam Hewson have been unsung heroes as they have been vital additions to the squad. We needed a little bit of depth and versalitity which is what they provide. Plus Sam Hewson is looking like he could be a fairly good players.

Results

FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 26130

Unfortunately we cannot continue our cup run but it always going to be hard gainst premier league opposition despite taking the lead. Not being able to play any loan signings also made it harder but we gave them a game and we can leave with our heads held high.

View attachment 26133

Walsall are flying at the moment and we came unstuck here. We never looked threatening and struggled to create much of anything. They neutralized our threat well so fair play to them.

View attachment 26134

Back to winnings way with a good performance here. Once we went ahead we never looked like losing and just progressively closed the game out. Good reaction from the lads.

View attachment 26138

3rd time we've played Preston this season and what a game it was. They took the lead dramatically 87 minutes in but somehow we found the strength to find an equaliser through
Misfud right at the death. Delighted to knick a point here.

View attachment 26132

Another dramatic game here and once again we find an equaliser very late in the game.
Adam Virgo has been fantastic since signing for us and has been a real rock at the back for us but he showed his goal scoring instict for us with a fantastic first touch to bring the ball down then to half volley it in the net 20 yards out.Sublime goal, especially from a centreback.

View attachment 26137

We needed this win after the mixed results as of late and we did what we needed to. It wasn't easy and they gave us some real scares at times but we dug in and Adam Virgo popped up again to give us the 2nd goal and seal the win.

View attachment 26131

Extremely frustrated here.We played some terrific stuff again but we just couldn't take enough of our chances. We opened them up time after time but we just couldn't kill them off and every time they went forward they seemed to scored. They knicked it late on through a header from a corner.

Monthly Overview

Very mixed month for us with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in the league, but I can still take heart in the performances as we are making strides as a group of players and as a club. There is an excellent squd harmony at the moment and hopefully next month will be better than this one.

View attachment 26135

We are in the playoffs so we are definately on track right now. If we add a bit more consistency to our play like we were a few weeks ago I have no doubt we can consolidate a playoff spot and maybe push for more. Asking much yes but it is possible.

View attachment 26136

any comments, criticisms etc are appreciated

February

It was very mixed last month and I wanted to put things right this month. Most of the squad are fit and morale is pretty good so I am hoping things will come good for us.

Results

View attachment 26183

Very dissapointed not to win but it was a very tight game and Misfud scored another crucial late goal to keep us in the promotion hunt.

View attachment 26184

Quite a damaging loss here and it was quite unfortunate. We had the chances to win the game but we didn't capitalise and it resulted in a bad loss for us.

View attachment 26186

Second time we've thumped Notts County this season and Michael Misfud is in fine form bagging another 3 here. Great to get things back on track with a win here and we NEED to maintain it by beating Charlton.

View attachment 26185

Fantastic win when we needed it most. Charlton gave us a good game but we seem to perform against them and once we went ahead we looked fairly comfortable. They had their moments but we were slightly better in the midfield and we got the breaks at the right times.
Michael Misfud netted twice more while Rhys Murphy got back on the score sheet. They are both tearing up the score charts for us at the moment.

Monthly Overview

After a dissapointing start to the month with the draw and the poor loss to Brighton the squad have responded brilliantly and kept us up there as the league table shows. I am delighted with the bounce back ability the squad has and they are titled as "highly ambitious" so I am really happy with the lads I have at the moment but obviously I will want to make changes in the summer, especially if we get promoted.

View attachment 26182

View attachment 26181

by the way, I am sorry for post 3 updates tonight but I am in pre season and ready to go so the more of this season I get done the quicker I can show what is currently going on.

great work look forward to the rest hope you get promoted

very interesting story and nice signings btw. good luck on your promotion charge ^^)

a sexy story, makes megan fox look like shrek, the layout is nice and is the same each month making it easy, personally id toughen the defence up as you seem to concede alot sometimes, and thanks for not beating bristol rovers

a sexy story, makes megan fox look like shrek, the layout is nice and is the same each month making it easy, personally id toughen the defence up as you seem to concede alot sometimes, and thanks for not beating bristol rovers

Well she has the teeth for it.

Well Done Deano. Hopefully you will make the play offs.

March

We finished last month with 2 wins so I wanted to keep up the momentum here and maybe we could sneak into the automatic promotion spot.

View attachment 26355

We were very poor today and we didn't deserve to win. They played far better than us and they looked more dangerous, but we've managed to score headers from corners.
John Kennedy and Nordveidt have a fantastic partnership so it was nice for them to both score.

View attachment 26353

Bore draw with both teams having a few good chances each to win it. We seem to always struggle against Carlisle.

View attachment 26354

Good win for us here as we've had trouble against Swindon before but we raced into a 1-0 lead through left winger
Ryan Dickson before top scorer Rhys Murphy acrobatically put the game to bed.

View attachment 26340

As you can see we are only 1 point behind Barnsley in the automatic promotion space and we are only 4 points behind Preston who are on top. There is only 4 games left to play so it will be exciting to see what happens.

April

View attachment 26351

Fantastic win here. We haven't beat Rovers like this before but we absolutely thumped them today. We are really showing we are good enough to get automatic promotion and I am hoping we can do that.

Sorry Joe :p

View attachment 26352

They're in around the playoffs so this was always going to be hard and they went ahead through an unfortunate own goal. We managed to equalise in the second half after a lot of pressing but we just couldn't seem to conjure up a second goal to win the game.

View attachment 26349

I was distraught when they equalised 86 minutes in as I thought that could have blown our promotion hopes but I checked to see both Barnsley and Preston had been slipping up aswell so we caught a break here and that is what you need to be succesful in anything. It goes down to the last game of the season with us 1st with 82 points, Preston 2nd with 82 points and Barnsley third with 82 points.

May

View attachment 26350

COCA COLA LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS!! :D

View attachment 26345

Neeson and Murphy Pick Up Awards

Brentford manager Dean Neeson has been awarded the Coca Cola League 1 Manager of the Year award and
Rhys Murphy has been give the Coca Cola League 1 Top Scorer award on virtue of playing fewer games than Gillingham's Simeon Jackson. Both strikers netted 31 goals.

"Obviously I'm happy to be given award as it has been a truly fantastic year but it was such a group effort from the backroom staff, the players and the loyal fans. We have made strides as a club, our valuation has more than doubled in 2 years and we have lowed the debt but just over 2 million so we are going in the right direction."

Rhys Murphy has been the under the spotlight as of late but he has been quick to quell any speculation with a move away from Griffin Park.

"We just got promoted and the club is moving forward more than anything. The gaffer and the staff have got the best out of me, I'm not thinking about going anywhere at the moment"

Key Players

Rhys Murphy -
The lad got 32 goals and 11 asissts in 44 games this season. I fantastic contribution.

Michael Misfud -
He got 34 goals and 13 assists in 37 starts and 11 substitute appearances. He so key to us this season and even though he agreed a new contract a few clubs want him. We are a selling club at the end of the day.

Fran Merida - He got 3 goals and 17 assists in 41 starts and 3 substitute appearances. He can have his off days but he has formed a strong bond with Brentford as it was one of his favoured clubs.

Nacer Barazite -
Truly terrific player I wish he was ours. He played out of position on the wing all season and still managed a fantastic contribution of 8 goals and 15 assists in only 34 games

Corry Evans
- The captain provided much needed steel in the midfield and was an absolute workhorse. He managed to get himself 1 goal and 6 assists in 38 games getting an average rating of 7.54 which is incredible.

Pre season report including ins and outs including an england legend coming to Griffin park will be coming later today

Last edited:
Brilliant mate well done! Championship football Here You Come!

well donr for winning the league, it gonna be a lot more difficult in the championship, but i am sure u can keep them up

thanks lads pre season update coming tonight to any interested :)