Brian Clough Tactics Version 2

JP Woody

Reaction score
Hi guys,after the success of my original Cloughy Tactics ive decided to release the new and improved version.Ive tested them with Bolton in the Premier and had good results.Ive tried to address the main criticism's of the original tactic that being leaking too many at the back and not taking enough of the chances created at the other end.Your feedback would be much appreciated.Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Will have a go with it using Bury and Boro ( both first season, no signings)

yhyh will give it a go with birmingham in the new update thats out at 8pm on this website let you know how i do

Having played with the tactics a bit ive identified some problems and made some improvements and uploaded them.

Take it you was useing 9.3 patch whn u made this and will it work with update patch's

Well i would think so as the update patch was made by a gamer and not SI so the changes are only made to players clubs and finances not the gameplay.

I liked your other tactics so will deffo give this on a go..;)

Cheers mate been using your old one and its time for a slightly improved one as my team is not performing great

any specail player requirments??

ie. fast striker?

cheers(H)

I will use it with Crystal Palace first season and first game against Norwich.. so it might be a good game :p

i will tell you the result of that match

i will try this no any for a lousy club like swindon town, i cant seem to do anything with them

i will give it a go with my colchester Utd game. thanx.

Does this tactic work in the lower leagues? because i thought that they would be used to playing more direct football in the lower leagues.

Yes quick skillfull strikers will work great.The tactic is not suited to big target men.

****!! and theres me at colchester with Clive Platt up front with this dude i found! Qyvind Hoas, 6"8 beast. he is slow but his technique is 18, dribbling 15.

I have Used this tactic home and away for 5 games (A/A/H/A/A) with my colchester utd game. These tactics seem a lot easier to use with colchester than the origional verson.
Results: LWWDW I came back from behind in 2 of my games.

Last edited:
I've had great success with your original Brian Clough Tactics, but whenever I use this tactic I do pretty well but have a ton of injuries! I am talking 7 first team injuries at once with a player getting a minor or major injury every single game.

If you've got defenders scoring it's not a Brian Clough tactic, he had a famous training ground row with a defender.

During a training match, as what happens usually, the big center back went forward to try and get his head on the ball and grab a goal. However Mr Clough asked him what he was doing the defender replied im going forward to get a goal and Mr clough replied by saying no your not what do I pay you for the defnder said to stop the other team scoring and Mr clough said what do i pay him for (pointing at a striker) the defender said to score goals so Mr clough said so why the ****** **** are you doing his job and not your own?

Anyway thats enough of my ramblings that just came to me when i saw that Gary Cahil was on the score sheet so it's not really Brian Clough esque. Never the less ill give the tactic ago and give you some feedback.

nice to see you got mark beevers in first team wi' bolton, hope he dont go in real life m8, gd tactics work wonders wi' wednesday im 1st after 34 games, sodje scored 25 :)

Never got around to trying out your other tactics but i have heard alot of good things so i will need to check these out. Hope your not offended if i say it will be my reserves who use them? I always find taking control of the reserves as a good thing as it lets you look at players and tactics

These are quality tactics, couldn't beat barnsley with usual 4 4 2, but started using these. Now my team are used to them, we're looking good.

View attachment 7414