Bridge makes himself unavailable for World Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.T
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 5K
i'd back ledley and jagielka if thy can get themselves fit over that donkey anyday

So would i. The only reason i said Upson is because Capello seems to like him. Judging from Englands most recent games he has been the next alternative when Terry/Ferdinand are out.

I said this before but i wouldn't be suprised if Terry were to step down. He's been boo'ed everywhere he's been so far so what's stopping the same England fans from booing him when he plays for England? In a way i want him to step down just to see what everyone will say when England fail at the World Cup.

Terry knows his position is safe even now, there's no reason for him to step down. plus, he's determined to win the World Cup, and Bridge obviously isn't.

Capello said he would base his decision on footballing reasons only.
If it was based on his actions then there would be no captain because the other 'top candidates' haven't exactly got a clean history either.

Footballing reasons only? No..

"As a captain with the team, Terry has displayed extremely positive behaviour," said Capello. "However, I have to take into account other considerations and what is best for all of the England squad. What is best for all of the England team has inspired my choice and Terry was notified first."

I guess it's hard for a Chelsea fan to accept that your God really isn't a God at all..

Terry knows his position is safe even now, there's no reason for him to step down. plus, he's determined to win the World Cup, and Bridge obviously isn't.

That's really harsh considering the circumstances. Everyone is jumping on Bridge as if he's done something wrong?

I'm jumping on Bridge because he's not been good enough to play for England for 3 years. Before this all came out people were calling for a different option to him in the squad anyway. Nothing against him as a man, but as a player he's woeful.

So would i. The only reason i said Upson is because Capello seems to like him. Judging from Englands most recent games he has been the next alternative when Terry/Ferdinand are out.

I said this before but i wouldn't be suprised if Terry were to step down. He's been boo'ed everywhere he's been so far so what's stopping the same England fans from booing him when he plays for England? In a way i want him to step down just to see what everyone will say when England fail at the World Cup.
I'm sorry, Terry is the best centre back in England (or was). For Englad's sake we need him to recapture his form otherwise we are in serious trouble.

I'm jumping on Bridge because he's not been good enough to play for England for 3 years. Before this all came out people were calling for a different option to him in the squad anyway. Nothing against him as a man, but as a player he's woeful.
Would love to see you play left back at the World Cup if he is so woeful

Would love to see you play left back at the World Cup if he is so woeful

do I

a) claim to be a professional footballer?
b) earn 100k a week for limited ability?

answers on the back of a postcard please.

Footballing reasons only? No..

"As a captain with the team, Terry has displayed extremely positive behaviour," said Capello. "However, I have to take into account other considerations and what is best for all of the England squad. What is best for all of the England team has inspired my choice and Terry was notified first."

I guess it's hard for a Chelsea fan to accept that your God really isn't a God at all..

I persume your referring to "However, I have to take into account other considerations"?
A large chunk of that quote were actually footballing reasons so i believe Capello's decision was mainly based on that. His actions obviously affected his position, but i think Capello was more concerned with how it would affect the team than anything else.

And im sorry but that last comment was pathetic, i don't know whether you just sensed a opportunity to have a go at me because i mugged you off on that other thread. If you're going to then at least make your point valid. I haven't said Terry is God nor do i look at him as God. I see him as a man who has made numerous mistakes but i don't see why it should affect his ability to captain a team.

Heard that Capello is keeping the door open for Bridge which I think is the right move and time might prove to be a healer for Wayne

I think we'll see Wayne again. I don't think it is a huge blow for England. His performances at City haven't exactly been convincing and when he does play for England, it shows how much we need Ashley Cole. Though, to stand up and make that decision is a tough thing to do and I have utmost respect for that. For me, Leighton Baines is the right man to play against Egypt. He is as good as Bridge if not better.

Capello said he would base his decision on footballing reasons only.
If it was based on his actions then there would be no captain because the other 'top candidates' haven't exactly got a clean history either.

Terrys football has declined from it all. no his actions has affected someone else position in the england squad.

I don't think so.
There are certain players that you simply can't afford to drop, and i think Terry falls into that category.

Im sure you wouldn't be too confident with Upson as one of England's leading centre backs.

No-one is untouchable. not even rooney mate. if his actions/form is not right, capello will drop anyone.

I feel sorry for him.(A) Team Bridge.(H)

When i was told about it they said that he had pulled out because he didn't want to affect the team morale which i think is awfully good of him :P He's fallen on his sword for the greater good of england; unlike terry, he had to be pushed;).

Gives baines a chance though.:D He's always looked good when i have watched him.|)

TEAM BRIDGE ROCKS.

Terry Wont step down, ths pains me to say this but he is a top notch player, and knows is. we need him in south africa.

do I

Does Bridge claim

A) to ve the most talented full back on the planet
B) Would you turn down 100k a week.

Answers on back of post card please.

Heard that Capello is keeping the door open for Bridge which I think is the right move and time might prove to be a healer for Wayne

i hope he comes back. he is a top pro, who is being made out to be the criminal.

did anyone hear what that stupid ***** vanessa woteva here name is said today in the paper.

she is blaming bridge for it all.

Yeah I heard about that and too be honest it got on my nerves slightly
Tomorrow is going to be interesting; wonder if there will be a handshake?; and also wonder if Terry scores will he celebrate or not?

Shocked at the lack of support for Wayne Bridge in this thread. I do feel sorry for him, He is stepping down for his country's sake. So you have a good chance of winning the world cup.

That deserves some praise.
If he's prepared to give up his world cup dream on top of everything then he's a sucker.

A bit of advice for you Wayne:

1. NEVER NEVER TRUST A WOMAN.

2. NEVER NEVER NEVER TRUST YOUR BEST MATE.

3. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER TRUST YOUR BEST MATE WITH YOUR WOMAN.

4. YOU GET 1 LIFE,DONT LET 2 CHEATING ***** TAKE YOUR DREAMS AWAY.

5. LIVE AND LEARN MY FRIEND.

Last edited:

do I

Sigh, for both

1. How can you say Bridge is not England quality? Wayne Bridge is a great full back. very much unsung in the media.

2. What are you 5?

Good, He's ****

/facepalm

If he's prepared to give up his world cup dream on top of everything then he's a sucker.

A bit of advice for you Wayne:

1. NEVER NEVER TRUST A WOMAN.

2. NEVER NEVER NEVER TRUST YOUR BEST MATE.

3. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER TRUST YOUR BEST MATE WITH YOUR WOMAN.

4. YOU GET 1 LIFE,DONT LET 2 CHEATING ***** TAKE YOUR DREAMS AWAY.

5. LIVE AND LEARN MY FRIEND.

Yes because everything in life is that straight forward. We are all different and handle things differently. His situation is different because he is a pro footballer and JT is a celebrity of sorts.

Things will change when you have the media watching your every move.

Yeah I heard about that and too be honest it got on my nerves slightly
Tomorrow is going to be interesting; wonder if there will be a handshake?; and also wonder if Terry scores will he celebrate or not?

i highly doubt a hand shake

his a bet for you

coral offer 150-1 that they both score in the same end.

i highly doubt a hand shake

his a bet for you

coral offer 150-1 that they both score in the same end.

No one will touch that, its ridiculous!

England are on **** street at the moment, someone needs to step up and make that left back position theirs. Will Cole be fit for the world cup? I don't know the extent of his injuries

I persume your referring to "However, I have to take into account other considerations"?
A large chunk of that quote were actually footballing reasons so i believe Capello's decision was mainly based on that. His actions obviously affected his position, but i think Capello was more concerned with how it would affect the team than anything else.

And im sorry but that last comment was pathetic, i don't know whether you just sensed a opportunity to have a go at me because i mugged you off on that other thread. If you're going to then at least make your point valid. I haven't said Terry is God nor do i look at him as God. I see him as a man who has made numerous mistakes but i don't see why it should affect his ability to captain a team.

As I really don't understand what the **** you are moaning about in the first half, I'll reply to the second part.

How was it pathetic? The only people who stick up for John Terry are Chelsea fans, it's ridiculous. As for "mugging me off on that other thread" I genuinely don't know what you are talking about but if it's that moderators thread then that's long forgotten and I can't even remember what you said, I'm not that petty to let something on an internet forum upset me.

As for Terry, yes he's made numerous mistakes, mistakes that have lost him the respect of his manager, fellow players and most of the England fans. What's even worse is he refused to step down as captain, forcing his manager to strip him of his captaincy, not very professional for a man who knows he's in the wrong.

Last edited:
No one will touch that, its ridiculous!

England are on **** street at the moment, someone needs to step up and make that left back position theirs. Will Cole be fit for the world cup? I don't know the extent of his injuries

oops i put a fiver on it

As I really don't understand what the **** you are moaning about in the first half, I'll reply to the second part.

How was it pathetic? The only people who stick up for John Terry are Chelsea fans, it's ridiculous. As for "mugging me off on that other thread" I genuinely don't know what you are talking about but if it's that moderators thread then that's long forgotten and I can't even remember what you said, I'm not that petty to let something on an internet forum upset me.

As for Terry, yes he's made numerous mistakes, mistakes that have lost him the respect of his manager, fellow players and most of the England fans. What's even worse is he refused to step down as captain, forcing his manager to strip him of his captaincy, not very professional for a man who knows he's in the wrong.

I'll explain the first part to you:

I said that Capello had said he based his decisions on footballing reasons only, which he more or less did.

You said no and gave a quote from Capello to back up your point but nearly all of that quote stated that he based his decision on footballing reasons with the exception of "However, I have to take into account other considerations" which isnt really a reason in itself. I suggest you stop trying to nit pick everything i say and try and use it against me, i don't know whether you think it makes you look smart or something but its just getting tedious.

"I guess it's hard for a Chelsea fan to accept that your God really isn't a God at all.."

If that's not pathetic i don't know what is. You still haven't answered my question, when have i ever said Terry is God? To be honest, as a person i think he's a right **** for what he's done but as a player i have nothing but respect for his ability and mental strength he shows on the pitch.

All i was saying was that if Bridge had made this statement a while back then their wouldn't of been all that palaver about how there would be a divide amungst the players if they were both in the same team. Therefore, Terry would have had a better chance of remaining as captain seeing as Capello based his decision on 'what was best for the team'. And to be quite frank, Terry is the best captain England have.

Back