Bridge makes himself unavailable for World Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.T
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 5K
I'll explain the first part to you:

I said that Capello had said he based his decisions on footballing reasons only, which he more or less did.

You said no and gave a quote from Capello to back up your point but nearly all of that quote stated that he based his decision on footballing reasons with the exception of "However, I have to take into account other considerations" which isnt really a reason in itself. I suggest you stop trying to nit pick everything i say and try and use it against me, i don't know whether you think it makes you look smart or something but its just getting tedious.

"I guess it's hard for a Chelsea fan to accept that your God really isn't a God at all.."

If that's not pathetic i don't know what is. You still haven't answered my question, when have i ever said Terry is God? To be honest, as a person i think he's a right **** for what he's done but as a player i have nothing but respect for his ability and mental strength he shows on the pitch.

All i was saying was that if Bridge had made this statement a while back then their wouldn't of been all that palaver about how there would be a divide amungst the players if they were both in the same team. Therefore, Terry would have had a better chance of remaining as captain seeing as Capello based his decision on 'what was best for the team'. And to be quite frank, Terry is the best captain England have.

only the first 3/4 is obv some fued between you and andy. good luck with that.

But terry is not the best captain england have. to be captain of england you need to be somewhat of a role model. not someone who has history, from before he was captain, then when he is capt cheat with a team mates girl friend. that doesnt make you the Best. in make you one of the worst.

only the first 3/4 is obv some fued between you and andy. good luck with that.

But terry is not the best captain england have. to be captain of england you need to be somewhat of a role model. not someone who has history, from before he was captain, then when he is capt cheat with a team mates girl friend. that doesnt make you the Best. in make you one of the worst.

I feel Terry is the best captain in England have on the field. One of the best in the World in fact. Off the field is a different matter, he hasn't got a good history, but you say to be captain of England you need to be a role model. So missing a drugs test is being a role model? He may have his excuses but it's not exactly like forgeting to brush your teeth. Gerrard? Not exactly the greatest role model after the bar incident. Lampard? He's had similar problems to the ones Terry had, same with Cole, the list goes on, if you're going to base the captaincy on someone who's got a good history then none of these names mentioned would be in the running for it. I don't really want to talk about this anymore becuase i feel im repeating myself a bit now. I know what you mean though, it's just we have different opinons :)

id take baines, hes an excellent player, he also attacks more than bridge, as long as he doesnt take wes brown the squad is good

I feel Terry is the best captain in England have on the field. One of the best in the World in fact. Off the field is a different matter, he hasn't got a good history, but you say to be captain of England you need to be a role model. So missing a drugs test is being a role model? He may have his excuses but it's not exactly like forgeting to brush your teeth. Gerrard? Not exactly the greatest role model after the bar incident. Lampard? He's had similar problems to the ones Terry had, same with Cole, the list goes on, if you're going to base the captaincy on someone who's got a good history then none of these names mentioned would be in the running for it. I don't really want to talk about this anymore becuase i feel im repeating myself a bit now. I know what you mean though, it's just we have different opinons :)

if you actually read my whole post. i said from before he was capt. so that indicated this isnt his only incident of bad actions. so at 30 something not to learn your lesson is very silly isnt it.

if you actually read my whole post. i said from before he was capt. so that indicated this isnt his only incident of bad actions. so at 30 something not to learn your lesson is very silly isnt it.

If you read my other post you would of seen that i acknowledged the numerous mistakes Terry has made.

And Terry is actually 29 :)

Back