SamPeters

Reaction score
159746.jpg

Ok so as everyone knows my last save did not end well, i have decided to keep the game running on that thread to see where the next job takes me but i have decided to try again also with Brighton and see if i can get them up again!

159746.jpg

So as I get up for my first day on the job, I look in the mirror and reflect on what is just about to happen, I am managing the club i have supported ever since I was little and as I leave home and get into my car i get a Phone Call and it is from my dad.

Dad: Hi Sam, just wanted to give you a call to wish you good luck and hope you can bring our club finally up to the Premiership.

SP: Thank you Dad, yeah hopefully i can do that, we have always spoke about watching us make the Premiership, now I get to be the man to make that change!, I have to go now because i am almost there so I will speak to you if i need any advice or if I have any big news.

--Call Ended--

Well that was nice of my dad to give me a call, he is a big influence on my life and I hope to make him proud.

(I decided to add the Dad part of this into it as he is a big influence on my life and thought it would be a great background to go to with this

I didn't follow your previous Brighton story from the beginning so I am glad that I will be able to do that this time around. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will be just as succesful as in your last save! :)

159746.jpg

Press Conference

Tony Bloom: Welcome everyone here at the AMEX as we unveil our new manager today, Mr Sam Peters.

Press: Tony, Last time we heard reports that Sami Hyppia was close to being appointed the manager, may you clear up the rumors on this?

TB: Yes for sure there was talks with Sami, along with other candidates who were very interested and experienced.

Press: So what Sam Peters your perfect applicant for the job?

TB: Sam may be very inexperienced but I am a Brighton fan myself and this club should be about the fans so it was great to be able to have someone who loves this club just as much as I do, he also has great visions as to what he wants to do with this club and we will back him all the way, Now i will pass you over to Sam Peters so any questions for him?

Press: Hello Sam and welcome to your first ever job in football, were you surprised to be given the nod ahead of others?

SP: I am delighted to be given this opportunity and yes I was surprised but i must have done something right in the interview!

Press: So this may be a stupid question but how did it feel when you got the call for Mr Bloom to say you have got the job?

SP: I was speechless, I have been given the chance to manage the club i have supported ever since i was little and i would love to take this club to bigger things!

Press: After the last two seasons we have seen Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia leave the club after the play offs, how confident are you in your chances this season of finishing top 6 again? and also do you feel you would be given the extra time should you not go up this season?

SP: I am confident we can at least finish top 6 again this season, a lot of key players left during the summer but I will work with the players we have and also look at potential new targets to come in and with Gus and Oscar, they cited reasons we will not talk about here but I have no worries in being given the time to take the club where i want to

Press: With this being your boyhood club, would you ever be tempted to move away from Brighton to manage a bigger team?

SP: If it was up to me I would sign my life to this club right now.

-End of Press Conference-

I didn't follow your previous Brighton story from the beginning so I am glad that I will be able to do that this time around. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will be just as succesful as in your last save! :)

Yes i am hoping very much that it turns our like it did last time (apart from the sacking) i realised my mistake last time round and will look for that not to happen again

Good luck! Shame about the old save, squad harmony really is a pain this year...

159746.jpg

Player News!

So i took training today and had a look at my squad and noticed the amount of Central Midfielders we have at this club, they consist of:

Andrew Crofts
Rohan Ince
Danny Holla
Nzuzi Toko
Jake Forster-Caskey
Kemy Agustien
Joao Teixiera - On Loan from Liverpool
Gary Gardner - On loan from Aston Villa

I feel i need to trim this down so i sat down with my coaches and compared the players with each other and so i had made my decision
gary-gardner229-1890360_231x264.jpg

SP: Thank you for coming to see me Gary.

GG: What can i do for you boss?

SP: I am sorry to say but i am releasing you from your loan deal here

GG: WHY! what have i done wrong?

SP: Now don't get me wrong Gary, you may potentially grow into a good player and if you do then maybe one day you will prove me wrong but looking at the squad, i feel the other players would have more of a chance so it is best to let you go back to Aston Villa

GG: Ok Mr Peters, i respect your choice, i hoped things may been different but its not to be but good luck this season and i will be looking for you to do well!

SP: Thank you for your professionalism Gary and good luck for your future to.

-End of meeting-

It is never easy to let players go but i have to do what is right by my club and with looking at other potential players to come in, this was the best thing to do

159746.jpg

Brighton sign trio!
189926_ori_fran_merida.png

mirko.jpg

315.marco-amelia-.jpg

Fran Merida + Mirko Livaja + Marco Amelia have all signed for Brighton on Free Transfers

Press: Today you sit here alongside your three new signings, may you explain your decision with each player?

SP: Yes for sure
Fran Merida - Fran is still only young at 24, he may not have had the best of impacts when he was in England before but he has assured me and I believe as well that he has matured a lot since leaving Arsenal as he has experienced different kinds of cultures and playing styles.

Mirko Livaja - I believe he has great potential and thats why I have brought him here, i will give him the time to prove what he can do here, I may look to loan him out for a little bit but we will come across that when it comes to it.

Marco Amelia - I wanted to bring in an experienced goalkeeper and when he was released by AC Milan I jumped at the chance to bring him in and feel he will offer great competition with Stockdale and Walton over the season.

Press: Are you looking at bringing in more players or will this be it?

SP: Even if i was looking at more players I would not name players, will we do more? maybe but we could also work with what he have.

-End Of Press Conference-

For those who have already looked, I decided to merge all the posts into one, from now on it will go back to One post for each player unless if we sign more close together

159746.jpg

Jack+Grealish+Aston+Villa+v+Parma+GgVjbHUjFV2l.jpg

Jack Grealish has signed on loan from Aston Villa for the season!

Press: We are here once again! this is your 4th signing now of the season but explain the reasoning behind it.

SP: Grealish has amazing potential and after we sent Gardner back I was a bit worried that they would not want to do business but i am delighted they have decided his development for the season will be best here.

Press: He is very highly rated by many, how high do you think his career could go?

SP: I feel he could become one of Ireland's best players and will love to be able to say I was part of that

159746.jpg

Transfer News!
tumblr_mpl6r3ZCUW1r6lw4po1_400.jpg

Sotiris Ninis has joined Brighton on a Free Transfer!

Press: You sit here alongside your new signing today, how happy are you to have signed him?

SP: Sotiris Ninis is a great player, things may have not worked for him over last couple years but i am confident he will show everyone why we have taken the chance on him!

159746.jpg

Transfer News!
Z

Oguchi Onyewu has joined Brighton on a Free Transfer

Press: Today you sit here alongside your new signing, what kind of role will he play in the side?

SP: Oguchi was brought in as we desperately needed another defender and he fits the bill

Press: But will he be a first team player or will he be a back up?

SP: That i will not be disclosing because he will fight for his spot like any other player, if he performs well in training then he will get game time

Some good signings, hopefully they'll perform well!

Only question is how on Earth did you get Livaja on a free, he plays for Rubin Kazan doesn't he? Fantastic talent. :)

Last edited:
Some good signings, hopefully they'll perform well!

Only question is how on Earth did you get Livaja on a free, he plays for Rubin Kazan doesn't he? Fantastic talent. :)

Yeah hopefully they do as i feel can push on for top 6 this season! and because he was on the free transfer list lol and had a look, scouted him quickly and then decided to sign him!

159746.jpg

Transfer News!
secciondeportiva.com.wp-content.uploads.2009.08.Adriano.jpg

Adriano has joined Brighton on a Free Transfer

Press: You sit here today alongside most probably your biggest signing yet, how do you feel securing Adriano's signature?

SP: I am delighted that he is here with us, I was a bit surprised that he agreed to come here

Press: Do you feel he could be the difference this season as to weather you fight for promotion?

SP: No doubt he will be key but I believe in all our players to perform great but his experience will be a good factor for us!

Press: You love this Free Transfer market dont you?

SP: Well if there is great players that are available on a Free, you generally would not pass up that opportunity!

-End of Press Conference-

Some great signings there mate! Hopefully they can spur you towards the play--offs or better this season :)

But Adriano :0 Looks good on paper but a risky signing. His Natural Fitness has gotta be like 2 now!? haha
Let's hope he can curb his diet and come good for you when it matters most!

159746.jpg

Brighton announce Parent club affiliate
badge.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion and Liverpool have announced a link between the two clubs

"I feel this is a great club to be link with as they have very exciting players which we may look at trying to bring in on loan!

159746.jpg

Staff News!
wilkins_ray.jpg

Ray Wilkins has joined the club and will be a First Team Coach

814302335-261020111638171.jpg

Mark Sertori has joined the club and will be a Physio for the Under 18's

20130910-l-john-dungworth135-1045827_478x359.jpg

John Dungworth has joined the club and will be the Under 18's Assistant Manager

A2230-Niall-Clark.jpg

Niall Clark has joined the club and will be the Fitness Coach for the first team!

gd luck hope it goes better than the last...if memory serves me right Adriano in real life is up on criminal charges in brazil i think

159746.jpg

Transfer News!
1415__0926__ryan_mclaughlin_263.jpg

Ryan McLaughlin has joined on a Season long loan!

"I am delighted to have brought Ryan in for the season with our current working relationship with Liverpool, it was ideal that we had a look at their players and when Ryan came up i knew he would be a good signing for the season!"

159746.jpg

Staff News!
10144942.jpg

David Beckham has joined Brighton and will be a First Team Coach!