Bring the crystal to Crystal- A crystal Palace story

The Squad

Strikers

View attachment 375532
20 Years old

he had an really impressive season and my thoughts are only about him getting better there is no way he can do horrible.

View attachment 375533
22 Years old

He and Watt have been playing really good together and they are together only 22 so its easy to say that are strikers are set for the future.

View attachment 375534
17 Years old

Last season he played six games and scored two goals. That is pretty impressive as a 16 year old. he turned 17 after the season.

View attachment 375535
19 Years old

we have four young strikers who can really play well together but O´Halloran didn't make any appearances. maybe this is his year?

thats all of them and i will to this do everybody who joins and then we will see how our squad look like. I will also use this for the POTM picture instead of the pictures i use now.​

Keep Going. I don't want to sound likle an **** but I'm not too sure I want you getting promoted. I much prefer it when your struggling. Good luck tho.

ps that pic for Joyce. If thats a pic of a 17 year old then I'm Alan Partridge

Keep Going. I don't want to sound likle an **** but I'm not too sure I want you getting promoted. I much prefer it when your struggling. Good luck tho.

ps that pic for Joyce. If thats a pic of a 17 year old then I'm Alan Partridge

no its not he is a newgen so he dosent exist on fifa were i took and edited all the stuff :D

i think it was Joyce and Boateng i took players with the same name :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transfers

a quick little mini update as im working on some tactics with manumad who is here on the site but yeah we went ahead and made the team a little stronger overall as this player will be a backup to the first two central midfielders
anyway it is
Ashley Westwood

View attachment 375539

View attachment 375540
-I am very happy to be her in this club as this club looks strong for the season and i hope i can make it in to the first team.

Transfers

a quick little mini update as im working on some tactics with manumad who is here on the site but yeah we went ahead and made the team a little stronger overall as this player will be a backup to the first two central midfielders
anyway it is
Ashley Westwood

View attachment 375539

View attachment 375540
-I am very happy to be her in this club as this club looks strong for the season and i hope i can make it in to the first team.

something happened and when i quit the game and the save option didn't come up so i am back to before the friendlies so all friendlies and signings i made is gone.

Friendlies 2014

View attachment 375684

Friendlies

Crystal Palace-Vaduz

3-1

Federico Macheda (2), Tony Watt

Crystal Palace-Aston Villa

1-3

Federico Macheda

Crystal Palace-Charlton

0-0

Crystal Palace-Leverkusen

2-2

Johnathan Parr, Richard Chaplow

Transfers

We made three signings and then managed to get a Goalie on loan. The first player is our new first goalkeeper and he is from Sweden like me! he is Kristoffer Nordfeldt
View attachment 375685

View attachment 375686
-I am only here to impress the crowd and become a big player for the club.

Then we loaned a young goalkeeper from A.C Milan and his name is Davide Tagliani
View attachment 375687

View attachment 375688
-i want to be a big star for A.C Milan and i hope this loan will help me to get in the first team.

We signed a player worthy a team in The prem and his name is Bruno Uvini
View attachment 375689

View attachment 375690
-I am happy to be here and look forward to play in the Championship.

And the last signing is a signing from the prem and that is Maya Yoshida
View attachment 375691

View attachment 375692
-I wasn't happy at Southampton but here i will enjoy life.

Monthly Review

We had a bad pre-season but we signed a couple of good players.

Player Of The Month
Federico Macheda
View attachment 375693
He still had a good month despite a bad month for the team.​

This continues to be an awesome read boy! Plus you started buying a bit better!

Look at whether you can buy any of the following:

Bongolwethu Jayiyia (cf/am)
Syanda Xulu (cb)
Enzo Andia (cb)
Seb Toro (cb)
Lucas Zen (rb/cb/dm)
Kermit Erasmus AM/ST
Sid Ahmed Aouedj (winger either side)
Yiannick Ndjeng (cf)
Fredy Montero (cf)

This continues to be an awesome read boy! Plus you started buying a bit better!

Look at whether you can buy any of the following:

Bongolwethu Jayiyia (cf/am)
Syanda Xulu (cb)
Enzo Andia (cb)
Seb Toro (cb)
Lucas Zen (rb/cb/dm)
Kermit Erasmus AM/ST
Sid Ahmed Aouedj (winger either side)
Yiannick Ndjeng (cf)
Fredy Montero (cf)

Will definitely look them up and will start playing now so August will be up in an hour or two

August 2014

View attachment 375743
New season and a new horrible start

Npower Championship

Crystal Palace-Watford

0-1

View attachment 375744
Tried a new Tactic that MANUMAD tipped me to use and i cant say that it went well but we had 60% Possession and it was a poss tactic so hopefully i can keep it up and start scoring goals.

Crystal Palace-Sheffield Wednesday

1-2

Federico Macheda
View attachment 375745
The tactic keeps under performing in front of goal and i think i know why. Even though i have Work Ball into box they will take shots from 40 yards out or from no angel instead of working the ball in so i am a bit worried this tactic wont be as effective as it should be in front of goal.

Crystal Palace-Norwich

1-1

Federico Macheda
View attachment 375746
The tactic worked okay in this game as we drew with the demoted team from the prem.

Crystal Palace-Reading

1-0

Tony Watt
View attachment 375747
i switched back to my old tactic to see if it was the tactic or the team that was under performing and we can now easily say that it is the tactic that needs some tweaking or something as Tony got a goal within the first four minutes with the old tactic.

Crystal Palace-Leeds United

0-0
View attachment 375748
i changed back to the Tiki taka tactic too see if they could start scoring now but no but we didn't let any goals in at least.

Capital One Cup

Round 1

Crystal Palace-Northampton

1-1p

Kris Joyce
View attachment 375749
we lost against a Npower League 2 Team. AWFUL performance from the second squad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
League Table & Monthly Review
View attachment 375750
I don't know why this team cant geed a good start to the season but next year i will have a longer Pre-Season

Player Of The Month
Federico Macheda (2)
View attachment 375751
scoring 66% of the goals in the league he was the only one close to an okay month.​

Transfers

We made two signings i forgot to bring up.
The first one is a player for the future and his name is
Scott Wootton

View attachment 375752
View attachment 375753
-I'm gonna use all i got to get in to the first team.

The second signing was from the big spenders Manchester Cit as they saw him as useless even though he is a star for the future. His name is
Bismark Adjei-Boateng

View attachment 375754

View attachment 375755
-It is a pleasure to be here and im looking forward to play here at Selhurst Park.

September 2014

View attachment 375772
we go back to our old tactic and it goes a little better.

Npower Championship

Crystal Palace-Blackpool

3-2

Tommy Smith, Yannick Bolasie, Tony Watt
View attachment 375773
its an okay game and i like that we have many goalscorers in this team and not only one player that scores everything.

Crystal Palace-Brighton

0-0
View attachment 375774
Brighton had an amazing game but as you can see they needed to play though to keep us out of the box.

Crystal Palace-Burnley

1-1

Federico Macheda
View attachment 375775
this games wasn't impressive because nothing accept the two goals

Crystal Palace-Bournemouth

4-1

Federico Macheda (2), Tony Watt, Tommy Smith
View attachment 375776
a good win but sadly Tony got injured and we will be missing him for about a month.

Crystal Palace-Doncaster

3-0

Tommy Smith, Nathan Redmond, Yannick Bolasie
View attachment 375777
Tommy keeps banging in the goals and he looks like a really good player and he is not that old so we will have him for a couple of years.

Crystal Palace-Huddersfield

0-0
View attachment 375778
a bore draw as Huddersfield was playing boring with six players in the defense.

Crystal Palace-Leicester

1-1

Federico Macheda
View attachment 375779
another boring game but Paddy McCarthy injured himself and i accidentally pressed give injection so if he picks up another injurie he will be gone for rest of the season.

Transfers

i thought we needed some quality in the midfield so i got Marek Sapara on a free
View attachment 375780

View attachment 375781
-I was looking for a Premier League team but Crystal Palace is enough for me as i just want to play football.

View attachment 375782
looks much better now. It looks like we will in the top fighting for a spot this year too.

Player Of The Month
Tommy Smith
View attachment 375783
3 goals in 7 games as a Center back is really good and he deserves this month POTM.​

I literally love this. so entertaining and I really hope you get promotion.

A few words on the tactics:

1) The Watford match which you lost 1-0. I notice the goal was conceded in the 40th minute.

What you should have done is:

a. Look at your scout reports. How does Watford do against "wide" tactics? If their weakness is narrow tactics you should have used the other tactic I suggested (OVERLOAD - which btw works better with an AM on attack and two forwards, a DLF Support and a poacher attack).
b. If you decided you ll go with the tiki taka 451 then you should have assessed Watford. Squad wise/morale wise/position wise, how do they compare with you? Chances are they would be a bit better overall (at least in the latter two). So Id start with either the "Defend" set of shouts (but without stand off opponents as this only tends to work against much better opponents and with hassle opponents/get stuck in) or the WINPOSSESSION set of shouts (pressing Watford's players to death).
c. I noted that the goal was conceded in the 40th minute. Which brings me to my other point: if you watched the match on extensive at least you d see how you are doing. I always operate on one simple principle no matter what tactics I use: if I cant score/seem to be doing stupid things within maximum 25-30% minutes I start changing stuff. Thats where the different shout set ups with different strategies come in handy. Lets say you started with the Defend thingy. By the 30th minute you should have been trying other things.

The same principle is applied if say I score first but get equalised and basically I review the tactics every 15 minutes.

2) Sheffield Wed - lost 2-1, goals scored in first 26 minutes. Based on what I say above I'd either have started the match with Defend/Control shouts and took it from there.

3) When explaining the tactic I mentioned it needs a lot of studying what passion4fm has to say about OIs and especially shouts plus a lot of personal input and care - but it rewards you with immersiveness.

4) Go back to my thread and re-read post 227 if you want as Ive changed it slightly.

Last edited:
A few words on the tactics:

1) The Watford match which you lost 1-0. I notice the goal was conceded in the 40th minute.

What you should have done is:

a. Look at your scout reports. How does Watford do against "wide" tactics? If their weakness is narrow tactics you should have used the other tactic I suggested (OVERLOAD - which btw works better with an AM on attack and two forwards, a DLF Support and a poacher attack).
b. If you decided you ll go with the tiki taka 451 then you should have assessed Watford. Squad wise/morale wise/position wise, how do they compare with you? Chances are they would be a bit better overall (at least in the latter two). So Id start with either the "Defend" set of shouts (but without stand off opponents as this only tends to work against much better opponents and with hassle opponents/get stuck in) or the WINPOSSESSION set of shouts (pressing Watford's players to death).
c. I noted that the goal was conceded in the 40th minute. Which brings me to my other point: if you watched the match on extensive at least you d see how you are doing. I always operate on one simple principle no matter what tactics I use: if I cant score/seem to be doing stupid things within maximum 25-30% minutes I start changing stuff. Thats where the different shout set ups with different strategies come in handy. Lets say you started with the Defend thingy. By the 30th minute you should have been trying other things.

The same principle is applied if say I score first but get equalised and basically I review the tactics every 15 minutes.

2) Sheffield Wed - lost 2-1, goals scored in first 26 minutes. Based on what I say above I'd either have started the match with Defend/Control shouts and took it from there.

3) When explaining the tactic I mentioned it needs a lot of studying what passion4fm has to say about OIs and especially shouts plus a lot of personal input and care - but it rewards you with immersiveness.

4) Go back to my thread and re-read post 227 if you want as Ive changed it slightly.

1.the Watford game which i lost 0-1.

a.I haven't got many scouts reports even though i put two scouts on them! i have got them twice so far this season so i don't know why they wont show up.

b.I watch at extended and maybe 60% speed when i use the Barca tactic but i am not really good at seeing where i should attack and what shout compilation i should use so that's my fault.

c.look at answer B.

2). look at answer B then come down here again.
even though i was looking it is so hard too see what i should be doing even though i have the best eye for passe in my team and where to run (in real life)

3).ive read it a couple times but i was tired every time i read it so gotta do it now when im awake.
but if there is something i don't understand can i ask you in private messages then? :D

4).im gonna do it right now :D

im really happy that so many people are liking this story :D how many of you are there really?

you don't have to but i would like to see that everybody who reads this and likes it should heart this post just so i can see :D

and to make it something for you too i will try to upload so many months as there is hearts. and the chanse to get as many posts as you want today/tonight ends in an hour so get to it :D

Can this happen?

View attachment 375854

Wow i did not know they could do that in the middle of the season.
well that makes our run to get promoted so i gotta ask you who should i look to sign and Manumad i have been looking for the players you were talking about and Lucas Zen looks interesting :D

October 2014

View attachment 375877
an overall good month and we go back to the Tiki Taka tactic

Npower Championship

Crystal Palace-Sheffield United

2-1

Tommy Smith, Nathan Redmond
View attachment 375878
Tommy Smith keeps banging in the goals and he is a Central defender and is the second best scorer for our team.

Crystal Palace-Everton

0-1
View attachment 375879
Newly demoted Everton wasn't joking around and our goalkeeper got a hard match today

Crystal Palace-Ipswich

0-2
View attachment 375880
the team seemed really unfocused in this game and doing sloppy tackles. We got 8 yellow cards and got fined £8K for the hard game.

Crystal Palace-Millwall

1-0

Federico Macheda
View attachment 375881
We didn't really play a good game but we got a goal thanks to Macheda showing his class.

Crystal Palace-Wolverhampton

1-1

Tommy Smith
View attachment 375882
Tommy Smith had the game of his life and Yannick Bolasie destroyed the whole match for us as we scored a goal and was dominating and then he gets himself sent of a couple of minutes later in the opponents box.
So ridiculous to do a tackle from behind all the way up there and im really thinking of selling him and getting some class player from the prem instead.

View attachment 375883
after 17 games we are still in the top fighting for a play off spot and we could have been even higher up if Yannick wouldn't have got himself sent of but anyways as we now have a tad over £30 Million to spend who should i look to sign in cant really think of a place to strengthen accept the right back as we are struggling out there with only Blake who can play decent football out there.
But yeah back to the money stuff should i change so i have £20 Million instead of having 30 and have a higher wage budget because Terry is available on a free and even though he isn't top class anymore every team in the Championship can need a player like him. im also looking at Lucas Zen as he is a signing that is young and can strengthen the squad quite a bit. also looking to sign Wilfried Zaha who is from here but now plays for Manchester Uniteds Reserves so im either looking to sign him or at least loan him because who can say no to a class player like him.

Player Of The Month
Tommy Smith (2)
View attachment 375884
i really hopes he keeps it up he has scored 5 goals in 17 games and some defenders don't even reach 5 goals in their career (yes they do) but i like to think he is a beast and he has scored a whopping 1/3 of his Career goals this season so he deserves this Mont POTM plus add the fact that he was unstoppable against Wolves and saved my skin about four times.

Last edited: