Bringing back the Glory Days - Liverpool F.C

DeclanH

Reaction score
View attachment 266005

Hey everyone and welcome to my Liverpool story were I am going to attempt at bringing back trophies to Anfield and be the most threatening team in England just like they use to be. I am going to update monthly which will include fixture results, monthly awards, transfer news and anything else I find important for use all to know

AIMS

My aims for this save is:

1. Win EPL titles back to back just like they use to do

2. Win the CL/Europa League/Super Cup

3. Become the best team in the world

4. Get a world-wide reputation

5. Be the richest team in the world

This is going to be my final save for FM12 until FM13 comes out so this story will be going for a long time. I hope use enjoy this journey and hopefully I can bring back success to Liverpool!​

View attachment 266006

PRE SEASON

So I set my season expectations to qualify for the Europa League which gave me a budget of £7 million.

PLAYERS IN

Toby Alderweireld - £5M from Ajax

Nene - £3.4M from PSG

Arouca - £11.75M from Santos

TOTAL SPENT - £20M
Really good players and in my eyes money well spent on areas I felt needed work on. I did however go over my initial budget of £7M but I sold players to make that happen.

PLAYERS OUT

John Flanagan - Loan to Millwal
Glen Johnson - £7.5M to Tottenham
Toni Silva - Loan to Hull
Conor Coady - Loan to Accrington
Nathan Eccelston - Loan to Bournemouth
TOTAL INCOME - £7.75M

The fans were disappointed that I sold Glen Johnson but I felt that he was a player who wasn't needed. I did decide to go in for a replacement but spent my remaining budget on Arouca. I will in January be purchasing myself a RB to get a better player than Martin Kelly who I have to use for the time being.

FIXTURES

Liverpool 1-0 Schalke
Craig Bellamy

Darlington 0-3 Liverpoo
Downing 2, Paul Arison O.G

Mansfield 0-4 LiverpoolAdam, Kuyt, Suso 2

Deportivo 0-1 Liverpool
Adam

Athletic 1-1 Liverpool
Nene

Tenerife 1-2 Liverpoool
Coates, Downing

Liverpool 3-0 Sevilla
Bellamy, Agger, Nene
TACTICS

So I have decided to use a 4-2-3-1 formation. I used this through the whole of pre-season and the results speak for themselves that it worked. This will be my main tactic and I may add in new ones if I don't get good performances in the league.

View attachment 266007

AUGUST

Season starts with 3 out of 3 wins for Liverpool
Liverpool draw Chelsea in League Cup 3rd Round

A wonderful start to the season as we won this first 3 games of the season. We started off to a 5-0 win away to Aston Villa. Nene and Arouca score there first goals in a red shirt and Maxi Rodriguez scores a hat-trick in the opening game.

I haven't had a chance to play Alderweireld but I am going to give him a chance in the next few games.

--------------------

Aston Villa 0-5 Liverpool
Suarez, Maxi Rodriguez, Bellamy

Liverpool 3-0 Fulham
Nene, Arouca

League Cup 2nd Round
Liverpool 2-0 Preston
Marrow O.G, Suarez

Blackburn 0-2 Liverpool
Suarez 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NENE
View attachment 266039
3 Games, 2 Goals, 2 Assist, 8.13 Rating

Martin Kelly was named as Young Player of the Month and I was runner-up in Manager of the Month.

TOP TRANSFERS

Danny - Zenit to Man City - £18.75M
Walter Montillo - Cruzeiro to Arsenal - £14.5M
Arouca - Santos to Liverpool - £11.75M
Diego Perotti - Sevilla to Arsenal - £10M
Glen Johnson - Liverpool to Tottenham - £7.5M
Toby Alderweireld - Ajax to Liverpool - £5M
Mathieu Debuchy - Lille to Tottenham - £4.8M
Vasilis Torosidis - Olympiakos to Arsenal - £4.3M
Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield to Woves - £3.5M

View attachment 266256

SEPTEMBER

Liverpool draw in North-West Derby
Liverpool to play Everton in League Cup 4th Round
Newcastle stun Liverpool

A tough month of football. We drew with United at Anfield and then went on to draw against Tottenham who really deserved to beat us. We managed to secure a place in the next round of the League Cup with 10 men since Coates got sent of for Violent Behaviour in extra time.

The draw against United was not what we deserved as we were really in control of the game it was just silly mistakes in defence and sloppy passing that gave them the goals that they need.

---------------------------

Liverpool 2-2 Man United
Suarez, Nene

Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool
Nene
League Cup 3rd Round
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool aet
Nene, Ivanovic O.G

Liverpool 0-2 Newcastle

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NENE

View attachment 266259
I don't want to give it to him every month but he was outstanding this month.

League Position - 5th

View attachment 266334

OCTOBER

Liverpool win 3 consecutive games
A win in the first Merseyside derby for Liverpool
Everton get revenge by knocking out Liverpool in the League Cup
West Brom end the month beating Liverpool

We got off to a great start to the month bouncing back from our last defeat to Newcastle by wining our next three games. We not only won these games we scored an incredible amount of goals throughout the month scoring a total of 13 out of 4 league games.

Our most important result came against Everton in the Merseyside derby but they got their revenge in the league cup knocking us out of the competition I felt was winnable. We ended the month very poorly, after getting beat in the League Cup and then West Brom coming to Anfield and beating us really drop the morale.

-----------------------

Norwich 1-2 Liverpool
Carragher, Kuyt

Liverpool 6-0 Wigan
Adam, Suarez 2, Kuyt 2, Gerrard

Liverpool 5-1 Everton
Gerrard 4, Suarez

Everton 2-0 Liverpool

West Brom 1-0 Liverpool

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERRARD

View attachment 266340
Easy decision seeing as he scored 4 in the Merseyside Derby

Martin Kelly got awarded young player of the month

LEAGUE POSITION - 3RD

View attachment 266388

NOVEMBER

Liverpool beat Chelsea in a close match
Man City beaten by on form Liverpool
Arsenal defeat Liverpool after straight loses for the Gunners
Everton knock out Man City in League Cup

A good month of football for Liverpool as we got really good wins against strong teams. We hosted Chelsea at home and managed to hold them off and we also stunned league leaders Man City at home.

However after good results against stronger teams we lost to Arsenal at the Emirates. We were really poor in this game and I was disappointed that we couldn't beat them after good results again Chelsea and City.

-------------------------

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea
Adam

Bolton 0-2 Liverpool
Adam, Kuyt

Liverpool 2-0 Man City
Adam, Gerrard

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
Suarez

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHARLIE ADAM

View attachment 266389
Easy decision seeing as he scored in 3 games in a row

I came third in the Manager of the Month award beaten by Harry Redknapp and Tony Pulis
Martin Kelly came third in Young Player of the Month award beaten by Walker and Hoilett.

LEAGUE POSITION - 3RD

Looks good :) get Sime Vrsaljko as your RB!

I will have a look at him. I don't really need to get a RB because Martin Kelly is doing a good job but if this player can do a better job than Kelly then ill make an offer. Cheers :)

The layout is very simmular to klippybo`s story, wich is a good thing, oh and about sime vrsasljko here is a pic, and he has been outstanding for me

View attachment 266430

Yeah it's the same layout as Klippybo's story. I really liked how he did his so I thought I'd use it and about Sime Vrsasljko and he joined Benfica so I won't be able to get him as he is an important player for them but I have seen a few RB's that look really good that I am considering to go for. Thanks for the advice :)

View attachment 266487

DECEMBER

Liverpool win 5 out 6
Mourinho sacked by Real Madrid
Gerrard named in Team of the Year
One point between 2nd and 1st. Who will win?

Another impressive month for Liverpool as we took 5 wins out of 6 games in the league which moves us closer and closer to winning the league but we could easily slip up and lose it to maybe 3rd place or even 4th thats how close it is. Gerrard won a place in the Team of the Year and I won my first Manager of the Month award.

Alderweireld requested to be transfer listed and I granted this request. I don't believe I made the right decision to sign him as I have better players in the position he plays in and I don't want to rotate players seeing as I the defence have been giving solid performances.

--------------------------

Liverpool 5-1 Sunderland
Suarez, Arouca, Kuyt, Nene, Gerrard

Liverpool 2-0 Swansea
Suarez, Nene

Stoke 2-2 Liverpool
Gerrard, Suarez

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool
Gerrard, Suarez, Nene

Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa
Nene 2, Kuyt

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool
Gerrard 3

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEVEN GERRARD

View attachment 266493
Tough decision but seeing as he scored lost of goals and got a place in Team of the Year I thought I would give it to him

Martin Kelly got another Young Player of the Month (his 3rd) and I won Manager of the Month

LEAGUE POSITIONS

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea
7. Everton
8. Stoke
9. Swansea
10. West Brom
11. Bolton
12. Blackburn
13. Aston Villa
14. Wolves
15. Sunderland
16. Wigan
17. Norwich
18. Fulham
19. Newcastle
20. QPR

Thanks! I'm really enjoying this save

Good, I'm playing a Liverpool save as well trying to bring back the glory days and am 12 points clear at the end of January so it's good too see someone else playing as Liverpool

Good, I'm playing a Liverpool save as well trying to bring back the glory days and am 12 points clear at the end of January so it's good too see someone else playing as Liverpool

I have just finished January and I am 3rd only a point behind United and 3 behind City its a really close season. Good luck with you save :)

View attachment 266810

JANUARY

Liverpool finally lose after 8 games unbeaten in North-West Derby
Scunthorpe hold for a replay
Liverpool draw Stoke in FA Cup
Alderweireld moves on loan to West Brom

So I got to a good start to the month winning games against Blackburn and Newcastle but it wasn't the best of endings as we lost in the North-West Derby to Man U. We were also held to a draw against Scunthorpe which takes us to a replay.

------------------------------

FA Cup 3rd Round
Liverpool 4-0 Coventry
Kuyt, Suarez, Coates, Wood O.G

Liverpool 3-0 Blackburn
Nene, Suarez, Arouca

Newcastle 1-2 Liverpool
Gerrard, Carragher

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool
Suarez, Kuyt (pen)

FA Cup 4th Round
Scunthorpe 2-2 Liverpool
Suarez, Arouca

I signed no players due to me spending my entire budget in the first transfer window.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIS SUAREZ

View attachment 266829
LEAGUE POSITION - 3RD

Two points separates me and United who are 2nd and Man City are 4 ahead of me and 2 ahead of United a very close season and it should be a very close finale couple of months

Just read it all mate, great stuff.

I also used Klippys layout, its easily the best. Can pack it full of all the needed info and it looks great.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I will be following :)

Just read it all mate, great stuff.

I also used Klippys layout, its easily the best. Can pack it full of all the needed info and it looks great.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I will be following :)

Thanks for the feedback, I am coming to the end of the season only a point separates me and man city should be an interesting finish, hope you enjoy the rest of the story :)

View attachment 266982

FEBRUARY

4 out 4 of wins for Liverpool
Liverpool win FA Cup Replay
Stoke beat Liverpool in FA Cup 6th Round due to last minute goal

A good month of football yet again as we managed to get maximum points from all the games we played. We however got knocked out of the FA Cup due to Stoke scoring 20 seconds from time. I was disappointed that we got knocked out since there was no big teams left just lower league teams which made us favourites to go onto win it. Our rivals Everton had a memorable moment winning the League Cup, the first trophy David Moyes has won as manager of Everton.

The league is still very, very close I am one point behind United and three points behind Man City, if I beat City I will be level on points and go onto win the league (only if I win all the remaining games after it and have a bigger goal difference)

---------------------------------

Liverpool 3-1 Tottenham
Suarez 2, Gerrard

Liverpool 5-0 QPR
Kuyt, Carragher, Gabbidon O.G, Suarez, Maxi Rodriguez

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
Liverpool 3-0 Scunthorpe
Gerrard, Kuyt, Adam

Liverpool 4-2 Norwich
Suarez, Agger, Kuyt 2 (pen 1)

Wigan 0-2 Liverpool
Suarez, Agger

FA Cup 5th Round
Stoke 2-1 Liverpool
Gerrard

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIRK KUYT
View attachment 267031

LEAGUE POSITION - 3RD

Really looking forward to continue reading and it makes it so more enjoiable as i both support and manage liverpool (the managing part is in football manager, as i am not infact brendan rogders)
Hopefully you`ll be able to claim the league win. i am in 2016 and have only won it once, it was my 2nd season, however with 5 matches left to go it looks good on my part as i am leading, never won the champions league neither, but it is looking good now right now