Bringing back the Glory Days - Liverpool F.C

Really looking forward to continue reading and it makes it so more enjoiable as i both support and manage liverpool (the managing part is in football manager, as i am not infact brendan rogders)
Hopefully you`ll be able to claim the league win. i am in 2016 and have only won it once, it was my 2nd season, however with 5 matches left to go it looks good on my part as i am leading, never won the champions league neither, but it is looking good now right now

I'm glad you enjoy it and hopefully you enjoy the rest it! I'm close to winning the league in my first season but it's going to be really difficult as you will see below.

View attachment 267186

MARCH

Liverpool lose second Merseyside Derby of the season
Chelsea win against Liverpool
Tough times as Liverpool draw against City
Is the title slipping away from Liverpool ??

So a very, very stressful month of football. The toughest yet and the hardest. We slipped up against Everton in the Derby which was a game we needed to win seeing as it was our game in hand. Chelsea passed us off the park to take a well earned victory for them and we had to fight back against Liverpool after being 2-0 down to finish 2-2.

With two months remaining can we fight back to win the title?

-----------------------------

Liverpool 4-0 West Brom
Suarez 3, Downing

Everton 1-0 Liverpool

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton
Gerrard

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool
Agger, Kuyt

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
Arouca

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIS SUAREZ

View attachment 267194

LEAGUE POSITION - 3RD

Man Utd - 78 points
Man City - 77 points
Liverpool 72 points

Man U still have to play Chelsea, Bolton, Man City and Arsenal
Man City still have to play Fulham Blackburn Man United and Tottenham
Liverpool still have to play Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea and Wolves

A very interesting finish. I still believe I can win the league but only if Man United lose two games and Man City lose one. Hopefully City will beat United in the derby and Chelsea or Arsenal beat United

View attachment 267451

APRIL

WHO HAS WON THE LEAGUE????

-----------------

LIVERPOOL'S RESULTS

Sunderland 2-4 Liverpool
Arouca, Turner O.G, Bellamy 2

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke
Gerrard, Bellamy

Swansea 0-5 Liverpool
Gerrard 2, Tate O.G, Agger, Suarez

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves
Carragher, Gerrard

MAN UNITED RESULTS

Chelsea 2-0 Man United

Man United 2-0 Bolton

Man City 2-1 Man United

Man United 1-0 Arsenal

MAN CITY RESULTS

Man City 2-0 Fulham

Blackburn 0-2 Man City

Man City 2-1 Man United

Tottenham 2-3 Man City

MANCHESTER CITY WIN THE LEAGUE

So we failed to win the league after a tight ending. We secured a Champions League spot and we finished 2nd ahead of United due to us scoring more goals.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
STEVEN GER
RARD
View attachment 267462

PREMIER LEAGUE AWARDS

Steven Gerrard runner-up in Player of the Year
Luis Suarez third place in Players Player of the Year
Luis Suarez third place in Top Goalscorer
I win the Manager of the Year
Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Luis Suarez all named in Team of the Year

RELEGATED TEAMS

18th - Wolves
19th - QPR
20th Norwich

EUROPEAN PLACES

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

1st - Man City
2nd - Liverpool
3rd - Man United
4th - Arsenal -
EUROPA LEAGUE
5th - Chelsea
Everton - League Cup Winners
Tottenham - FA Cup Winners

good job on getting second and european football what liverpool deserve

good job on getting second and european football what liverpool deserve
T

Thanks! And I know Liverpool deserve to be the team they use to be, I think they could do it this year.

SEASON 2

View attachment 268147

PRE-SEASON

So the journey continues. After last seasons fantastic title run in this season I'm sure will have bigger and better things for Liverpool. Even though we didn't win a single trophy we did however finish in 2nd place ahead of title rivals Man United and we also finished higher than our initial season expectations which was to finish in the Europa League spaces.
AIMS

1. My first and most important aim is to win the league. Seeing after last season we surprisingly finished in 2nd I think we can go a step further and lift the title. (Season Objectives - Winner - £20M to spend)

2. If we don't manage to win the league I do want to win either the FA Cup or the League Cup

3. Reach the last 16 of the Champions League
PLAYERS IN

Eden Hazard - £35M from Lille
Javier Pastore - £20M from PSG
Fernando Gago - £3.1M from Real Madrid
Emmanuel Adebayor - £3.6M from Man City
TOTAL SPENT - £62M

PLAYERS OUT

Andy Carroll - £7.75M to Fulham
Lucas Leiva - £14.75M to Arsenal
Raheem Sterling - £2.4M to Man City
Jonjo Shelvey - £3.2M to Blackburn
Sebastian Coates - Loan to PSG (£2.5M)
Jordan Henderson - Loan to Newcastle (£3.8M)
Doni - £2.5M to Southampton
Dirk Kuyt - £7.5M to Sevilla
Daniel Agger - £12.75M to Juventus
Toby Alderweireld - £4.7M to Malaga
Jay Spearing - £4.5M to Swansea
Stewart Downing - Loan to Stoke (£4M)
TOTAL RECEIVED - £71M

TACTICS

Same formation as last season 4-2-3-1. I am also trying a new tactic 3-4-1-2 this might not workout but it's no use not trying.

View attachment 268175

AUGUST

Liverpool get off to a sloppy start
Champions League Group Stage Draw - Real Madrid, Liverpool, Sporting Lisbon, Besiktas
Liverpool to play Coventry in League Cup

Theres was only two games in the first official month of the new season. We went to the Brittania Stadium in our opener and didn't get off to the start I was wishing for. I played my usual formation for this game and well it crumbled so I went to the drawing board and came up with a new tactic 3-4-1-2. I used it in the final game of the month and result we passed Newcastle off the park

-----------------------------

Stoke 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle
Suarez 3, Hazard

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHARLIE ADAM

View attachment 268176

TOP TRANSFERS

Hazard from Lille to Liverpool - £35M
Criscito from Zenit to Man City - £22.5M
Hamsik from Napoli to Man United - £21.5M
Pastore from PSG to Liverpool - £20M
Asamoah from Udinese to Man United - £19.75M
Dzusdzsak from Dinamo Moscow to Arsenal - £16.75M
Doumbia from CSKA Moscow to Tottenham - £16M
Dede from Vasco to Man City - £14.75M
Lucas Leiva from Liverpool to Arsenal - £14.75M
Douglas Acosta from Shakhtar to Chelsea - £14.25M
Caicedo from Lokomotiv Moscow to Tottenham - £12.75M
Ramsey from Arsenal to Aston Villa - £10.5M

Last edited:
Ahh sucked that you lost to stoke ( wich is a quality team in my save, one of the big 6) However not sure if interested or not but i managed to win the league, the champions league, the fa cup and the carling cup, quite proud actually as it also was my first time even reaching a CL final :)

Ahh sucked that you lost to stoke ( wich is a quality team in my save, one of the big 6) However not sure if interested or not but i managed to win the league, the champions league, the fa cup and the carling cup, quite proud actually as it also was my first time even reaching a CL final :)

I know they are a really good and strong team in my save, I didn't have an answer to stop them in the game. And what do you mean your are not interested? Well done on winning the CL I'm hoping for a good campaign in the tournament hopefully get to the last 16 or even further.

View attachment 268580

SEPTEMBER

Liverpools European campaign starts with a bang
Bolton beat the odds
Liverpool beat Coventry to draw Wolves

So the second month of football came to an impressive end but with a dodgy slip up against Bolton. I had used my new tactic 3-4-1-2 in the first and second games. It started off well but then failed terribly in the Bolton game.

I decided to go back to my usual and familiar style of formation that the team have been using for the past year 4-2-3-1 and the first European game showed how wonderful the team work with this formation gaining an incredible victory over the, in my opinion, best team in the world.

We finished off the month well winning our final games and reaching the next round of the League Cup which I am hoping for a success in.

-------------------------------------

Liverpool 1-0 Wigan
Suarez

Bolton 4-2 Liverpool
Suarez, Nene

Champions League Group C - Game 1
Real Madrid 1-3 Liverpool
Pastore, Adam, Hazard

Liverpool 4-1 Fulham
Suarez 2, Hermach O.G, Pastore

League Cup 3rd Round
Coventry 1-5 Liverpool
Skrtel, Adabayor, Gerrard, Pasore, Suarez

West Brom 0-1 Liverpool
Pastore

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDEN HAZARD

View attachment 268584

with the interested part i meant if you were interested in hearing my accomplishments

with the interested part i meant if you were interested in hearing my accomplishments

Ah sorry didn't read it right. You can tell me any of your accomplishments if you want and anything else you might want to share with me.

haha allright mate, but no, i was closing in at the end of the season so i figured i might tell you how it ended as we manage the same team

First time I have come across this story and as a Liverpool fan I am looking forward to following this one. Massive change during the transfer window, any reason why? Also maybe adding a picture of the league every month or every couple of months would be good.

First time I have come across this story and as a Liverpool fan I am looking forward to following this one. Massive change during the transfer window, any reason why? Also maybe adding a picture of the league every month or every couple of months would be good.

Hope you enjoy it seeing your a fan! I changed the whole team around because I felt that I needed a strong team to win it and that's what I have got with the players that I have signed. I will introduce screenshots as of now.

View attachment 268999

OCTOBER

Liverpool win all game
Top of the group in the Champions league
And Liverpool progress to quarter final of the League Cup

And impressive month of football from Liverpool as we won 2 games and drew 1. We have been passing teams off the park every week and proving unbeatable as of now. We were stunned by Southampton in the final league game of the month but we managed to hang onto to a draw which was important for the title race.

-------------------------------

Champions Cup Group C - Game 2
Liverpool 3-1 Besiktas
Adebayor, Gerrard, Pastore

Liverpool 2-0 Man City
Pastore, Skrtel

Liverpool 4-0 West Ham
Adebayor, Pastore 2, Suarez

Champions League Group C - Game 3
Sporting 0-2 Liverpool
Adam, Adebayor

Southampton 2-2 Liverpool
Adebayor 2

League Cup 4th Round
Liverpool 3-1 Wolves
Hazard, Adebayor

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR

View attachment 269009

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 269011

View attachment 269143

SEPTEMBER

Everton win yet another derby
Liverpool stop Real Madrid from a last 16 spot in a late equaliser

A poor month of football as we lost more games in the league than we actually won. We lost yet another Merseyside Derby which is now the third in a row. We kept out European win streak going as we beat Sporting and got a late draw against Real Madrid.

Chelsea ended out month by managing to defeat us after Douglas Costa giving in a top notch performance scoring 3 times to win the game for the Blues.

---------------------------------------

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
Pastore, Carragher (pen)

Champions League Group C - Game 4
Liverpool 2-0 Sporting
Adebayor 2

Everton 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn
Hazard, Suarez

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool
Adebayor 2

Champions League Group C - Game 5
Liverpool 1-1 Real Madrid
Adebayor

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR

View attachment 269144

Eden Hazard was named Young Player of the Month

View attachment 269145

Dropped 3 places since last month

SO I AM CONSIDERING TO START A NEW SAVE AFTER THIS SEASON. THE REASON BEHIND THIS IS BECAUSE I HAVE PLAYED AS LIVERPOOL AT LEAST 3/4 TIMES AND I ALWAYS GO ENGLISH TEAMS. I AM LETTING YOU THE VIEWERS TO DECIDE WHO I SHOULD BE IN MY NEXT SAVE. TRY TO NOT PICK AN ENGLISH TEAM AS I WANT TO EXPERIENCE NEW COUNTRIES AND LEAGUES. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, COMMENTS AND YOUR TIME TO READ THIS STORY AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT FOR THE SHORT TIME IT WAS OUT!