Bringing back the glory to Manchester United

griggs100

Reaction score
This story is simple....

PLAYER OVERVIEW

I've always been a fan of Manchester United and Football Manager!
In this story i'll be using Manchester United - I'll try not making many transfers as i'm going to try to bring the youth through and if i do buy any major players they'll be under 25 and from the Premier League *

So first things first, who am i going to sell and buy...i'm selling no one in the first season as i'm going to use as many of the multitude of players within the United ranks, and let a few players run down their contract.

I'm not going to mention every player but only a few which i believe most people would sell on starting a career with United, i'll explain why i'm keeping them for at least the first season:

Rojo - Not my preferred starting player, but he's a handy backup for CB or WB position.

Valencia - He's not my preferred WB in the game, but he'll score and assist which is why i'm keeping him for the first season, depending on his performance over the season depends wether i cut or keep at the end of the season.

Schweinstiger - Yes, he's old and paid a considerable amount of money but he's an excellent deep laying playmaker which is where i'll use him mainly before he'll give way to Herrera.

Mata - Not a particular favourite of many or mine at Old Trafford, but he's got some great stats and he always does well in my formational setup which i'll explain later.

Depay - Some would sell, others would keep. I'll keep and use him as a Complete Forward. This is because i don't use Wingers or Inside Forwards and because the fact i know he scores bucket loads if played in the right positions.

Blind - Ideal back up for my CB - WB or BWM position.

Young - Pretty much the same reason as Valencia except Young is overpaid, he's also a handy backup for Luke Shaw at WB

Fellaini - Love of hate the bloke, he's a beast of a man. He'll be a backup to my BWM who is Schneiderlin and also a backup to my TM in Rooney. Stats of 18+ for Strength, Jumping and Heading he'll score a few goals as and when i use him depending on how fit i keep Rooney.

Rooney - My Target Man and my Captain - He will score and assist as stats will dictate throughout the season.

So far i've brought just one player he cost me just 4 million (and a few clauses) he comes in the name of Emanuel Mammana and he's a beast of a CB - he'll eventually be my CB paring with Christ Smalling.

Tactics

Having used many tactics thought out the FM series, the most successful and only one is a very attacking 4 2 1 3 type formation as shown below.

View attachment 139136

As you can see it's a very attacking tactic, but the rules are simple. This tactic is built to get the ball forward - utilising my WB's who target the 3 forwards in the middle. It's a high pressing , short passing, normal tempo attractive football tactic that gets results.

Staff - I've got rid of 11 staff members. Mainly Scout's, My assistant manager (giggs) as tactically he's not their and that's what i require out of my assistant.

Staff - I've brought in 4 staff members a new Physio in David Fevre, GK Coach in Silvino Louro and 2 normal coaches in Gareth Southgate (Defending) and Jimmy Lumsden (Attacking)

As a result my coach list is like this:

View attachment 139135

My coaching team is the best in the league as shown:

View attachment 139134

As you can see from Individual team training , i always set them to the position i intend to play the player. Obvious reason so they're trained in the position and if the potential is their then they can only get better!:

View attachment 139133

I also do the same for my U21 & U18 and have them play the same tactics - This way they're always use to the formation before they're promoted or win a spot in my first team - or are lucky for a cup game.

Pre Season

I had a total of 9 Pre Season games, Bury won 2-0, Port Vale Won 3-2, Walsall Won 2-0 , SV Reid Won 2-1, Oldham Won 3-0, Ajax i lost 4-3 - however i had more shots, more shots on target and more possession so i was just unlucky. AC Milan Won 3-0 they had 2 shots on target, the whole game. I dominated shots and possession. Lost 3-0 to FC Bayern they had more shots but less possession. My final game was against Bolton where i won 2-0. As per any pre season i don't play the games, i get the Assistant Manager to do this so i can build up my players morale and fitness.

First Game of the season

Manchester United 3 Liverpool 1

View attachment 139100 View attachment 139099 View attachment 139098

As you can see, I dominated the game out playing them in all departments. Valencia, Bastian and Depay all impressive!

Second Game of the season

West Brom 1 Manchester United 6

View attachment 139096 View attachment 139095 View attachment 139094

Stats tell the story, Rooney MOM and scored 2 goals, Martial , Depay again and Valencia at the right WB.

Last edited:
Like the look of that tactic man, looks like plenty of goals for the fans at Old Trafford. I'll be following.

Thanks, i'll be updating daily. Looking forward to getting more followers and then maybe i'll do it as a youtube video, that seems to be the in thing these days.

Third Game of the season
Champions Cup best placed play off 1st leg against Sporting.
Chris smalling out due to injury, this means i had to have a make shift defence and put Carrick at the back, as a result we let in 2 goals but we scored 3.

Sporting 2 Manchester United 3.

View attachment 139068 View attachment 139067

My next game i'm at home against Newcastle United, another injury and this time it's Luke Shaw out for 2 weeks. Looks like Ashley Young or a youngster will be getting the nod...

So we played Newcastle with a make shift defence, we were 1-0 going into half time. We then scored another to make it 2-0. This is a score light i hate, even in real lift. As we've seen in real life teams can be 2-0 up and then go and loose 3-2! West Ham and Everton comes to mind...

Anyway..I then conceded 2 goals by their striker who was chasing his hat-trick, previous to this one of my subs was Depay who i brought off he had a rating of 6.5 and that wasn't good enough so he couldn't continue in my eyes. I brought on Rashford who we all know, and gave him his Premier League debut to which he didn't disappoint the croud of Old Trafford because in the 83 minute he scored the winner 20 metres out slotting home a cool finish. Final score 3-2 to Manchester United.

Once again i conceded but i had a make shift defence with Mammana making his Debut, Ashley young at LWB and Valencia at RWB due to injury problems.

View attachment 139066 View attachment 139065 View attachment 139064 View attachment 139063

Next game is the 2nd leg of the Sporting game but i'm at home, so i've no worries.

Manchester United 2 Sporting 1

Sporting took the lead from a mistake at the back by Mammana who gave away a penalty as a result Adrien score and we were loosing 0-1. From the start of the game due to Mata being injured i opted for Fellaini as my target man and Rooney dropped back to the advanced play maker role. Rooney scored a 9.0 and got a MOM which doesn't surprise me due to his stats in game. Fellaini didn't have the best time upfront and i even slightly changed my tactics (crossing to floated crosses) to make use of his big swad. As you can see from the stats i had nearly 30 shots and only 10 on target. Fallaini only had 2 shots on the whole game, even my CB had more with 6 shots!

View attachment 139062 View attachment 139061 View attachment 139060

Crystal Palace 0 Man Utd 1

Not the best game of the season, one i expected to win by more than 1 goal. Martial scored the winning goal in the 10th minute and De Gea was my POM. With me playing a high back line they had quick players in the likes of Zaha and Bolasi on their wings. They got their shots of but fortunately for me they couldn't finished otherwise i fear i'd of suffered my first loss of the season.

My next game is against Leicester, Rooney is out injured so i'm tweaking my tactics slightly. In stead of the TM role i'm going go use the F9 role and give Rashford a shout. WOW is all i can say to this result. I knew my tactic was very attacking but to win 6-1 i'm proud of the team! Just looking from my stats you can see how attacking i am.

View attachment 138947 View attachment 138946

Manchester United 6 Leicester City 1

My first game in Group C of the Champions League against AA Gent, once again stats speak for them selves in turns of shots and possession and i started with Will Keane upfront for his first appearance. He scored the once goal for us from the penalty spot. I changed the role again to accommodate him. Depending how i'm going around christmas time i may buy a player to complement our attack. It wont be no big money signing from abroad thought, it'll have to be someone that fits into my tactical understanding and formation. So it'll either be Harry Kane or Lukaku. Anyway it finished 1-1, ultimately we couldn't finish in this game.

View attachment 138942 View attachment 138941 View attachment 138940

My next game i'm away to Watford so i'd expect goals, but who knows it could end up being a 1-0 game with my strikers not finishing.

My next game is the Capital One Cup 3rd Round away to Brentford so i will be giving chances to other players.

Another brilliant display of football for the fans of Old Trafford, Depay showing just how good he can be as a Complete Forward! 4 goals from Depay...one word Brilliant!

Manchester United 6 Bournemouth 0

View attachment 138543

Next game we're at home to SLB in the champions league, a potential banana skin...only time will tell!

Not the most exciting game of football, but we won 2-1 never the less! Darmian getting the MOM having provided a brilliant cross for setting up a goal. Depay scoring the winner! View attachment 138542