Bringing back the glory to Manchester United

As you can see from my team training i normally stick to balanced on High with a rest after each match. When their is an international break i'll give them a fitness week. With my match preparation i'll usually go attacking set pieces or attacking movement depending on where i think they're most week. With a harder team to prepare i'll usually go for Def Positioning for a team like Man City due to their movement with the likes of Aguero where as if i'm playing someone like stoke, i'll go for defending set pieces.

View attachment 138538

This is my lineup for my away game to Norwich, as you can see i'll always use the same formation for home and away but during the match it self i'll tweak certain positions depending on how the rest is going. For example i'd change my Target man to a Complete Forward attack and my 2 compete forward to a false 9 role. The rest of the position's i'll keep exactly the same.

View attachment 138537

Final score Norwich 2 Manchester United 4. Depay scoring a Hat-Trick. This boy is on fire!
Having a very attacking tactic i know that i'm going to concede goals, and occasionally my tactic will come unstuck. But as you can see so far, if i can build the rite team then i'll get the rite results.

View attachment 138535

Not the news i wanted, Mata is out for 3 months. This means someone else will get the chance to step up in his place.
View attachment 138534

My next game is against Man City, This could be my first loss as the Manchester United manager. Mata's replacement could make all the difference.

My team to play Manchester City, as you can see i've had to play Young at LWB due to Shaw being too tired and i've also brought Jones back into the side. I've opted for Herrera to place Mata. I'll be getting my advanced and deep lying playmakers to constantly swap posisiton, this will hopefully confuse the opponents and will help with their fitness levels.
View attachment 138533

Manchester United 0 - Manchester City 0

A brilliant game, as with this tactic I know my players will get cards due to using "get stuck in" but with it being a derby there is only ever one option. As a result phil jones see red after already receiving a yellow card! On the positive note they only had 2 shots on target, and only 41% possession. Overall i'm happy with the result given we played around 50 minutes with only 10 players.

View attachment 138532

Another injury and this time it's Bastian...Only a month but annoying never the less. If there is one thing that seems to be with FM 2016 it's you get plenty of injury's having said that look at United last season! View attachment 138531

Next game away to AJAX in the UCL group stages. I've played them in a pre season, and lost 4-3 althought my assistant was in charge, hopefully this game wont end with that result! My starting 11 see's Smalling come back into the side and Lingard playing behind the front 3.

View attachment 138529

Do you ever watch a game and seriously wonder how you managed to win let alone by the result you did? This game sums that up!

AJAX 1 Manchester United 6..Stormer of a second half! And Congratulations Portugal and Mr Ronaldo!!

View attachment 138528

Capital One Cup 4th Round
1 Stoke Vs Manchester United 3

Back to winning ways, and it wasn't until the 71st minute when something finally happened, after a well worked corner routine Luke Shaw fired in from the left hand side. And then we won the game in extra time thanks to goals from Rashford and Rooney. Valencia putting in a stelar performance again! Only put in in the side to give Darmian a rest but with an average rating of 8.7 he could well give Darmian a run for a money and keep him out of the team.

View attachment 138453View attachment 138452

Capital One Cup Quarter final draw, and we're away to Arsenal. A very tough fixture indeed!

Manchester United Vs Everton

Tired people and injuries have forced me into a make shift team for this game...it could be an interesting result. Will Keane and Rashford upfront as my poachers this time (no complete forwards due to lack of players) Fellaini will be my supporting target man, for obvious reason's his head!

Potential debuts for Romero , Doughty, Borthwick Jackson or Fosu Mensah depending on how the game pens out.

View attachment 138451

Final score United 2 Everton 3, The Fellaini plan clearly didn't work...But i did hand out 3 debuts...good effort but ultimatly we lost as a result of lack of first team players.

View attachment 138447

Having played 11 premier league games into the season , numerous cup games it's obvious what my team is lacking. I fell that a transfer will happen in the January transfer window if the player is available. The main target i'm looking for is Lukaku who is a beast of a target man, and one that will cost me around 40,000,000 pounds. I'm looking to sell Ashley young and Fellaini also in the January window if there is sufficient interest.

View attachment 138445 View attachment 138444

Last edited:
As a manager i'll stick by my decisions and i wont save ' load as the old saying goes...cheaters never prosper!