Cool, im on this topic too :)

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quality ! Just read it all through and now looking for the next week ! ;)

Btw, I love your spoilers :D

Whoa! 1,469 views. :D

I will defo try and get an update, just very busy atm :'(

Sky1_HD_logo.png

bnmcopy.jpg

Everyone watches Man Utd on TV, and if you are aspiring to become a manager you study the tactics, and formations Sir Alex uses. I have seen all of the 'Match of the Day's' again this season, and analysed the team selection and the formation he chooses. 90% of the time he uses a attacking 4-4-2. And has a 82% win rate so far. This is very impressive for any club.

In my opinion this is not much of a challenge, however it appears that some people are having serious difficulties. I have no idea, if I will get the selection right, however I decided to use the squad he uses the most, so I can't get it wrong.

-----------------------

We had our theory today. This was all about 'Match Preparation'. If you are unfamiliar with the term, it is all about preparing for your matches. We had to learn about researching your opposition's weaknesses today. We got a long lecture on the importance on this, and why it benefits your side. Then we got asked questions on what type of weaknesses they may have. It was a extremely long, and detailed discussion on the importance of this, however at the end of it, I am actually quite glad that I sat through the three hours of extensively boring information, as it will benefit me as a manager in the future.

----------------------

We had each handed in our selections, and I was smirking when it was results time. Andy Gray said that they were impressed with many people today, and that 80% of the selections by people won all of their matches. I was still smiling as I knew I was one of those people.
Andy said "The selections were spot on, however I am disappointed with a few candidates which before this round, me and the panel had as favourites."

(To skip all the long speech, I will go strait to the results).

The results were called out. 'Mark Robertson. We thought your performance was excellent, and you had a great result against Chelsea, superb effort.'

The next 8 were called out, and that left one more place. Charlie was in this round aswell. We had to go down to 12 people, and three would be fired. One person would be put through to the next round, and four would fight it out for the last remaining place. They went through all of the candidates. I was sweating rapidly, and I could feel my shirt sticking to my skin. They started with Charlie. 'A good all round performance, however maybe the FM game engine hates you. We played your game 4 times, however you only won 2 out of the 5 games we played. Yes; Every time! We are amazed aswell. However you had better results than the other candidates so you are through to the next round. Go and join them outside.'

I was shocked, if 2 wins are better than mine, then I have a serious problem. Now I was franticly getting paranoid, about me going through all of this just to get fired in round two.
They said they wouldn't talk about individuals, as it might give away the result. Therefore, the person through to the next round is 'Josh Creighton. All of you lost all your matches 1-0. We based our decision on our predictions for your managerial potentials. Sorry to all of you guys that didn't make the cut. We wish you the best of luck in the next round.'

I was in shock. Not a happy shock, nor a sad shock. I was just in shock. I thought I did well. What could I have done wrong? Then it hit me! Sir Alex changes his team for the big matches. We had to play Chelsea. That could be one reason, and this does not seem very good. I thanked the judges for seeing the potential in me, and left the room. Gutted, but I knew this was a reality check. Next round, I would do well.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:02 AM ----------

Week 3 coming soon. Again if you have any story ideas, or spot any flaws in my story, let me know :D :awesome:

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:43 PM ----------

Update to come in a sec :D By the way there are only 12 people left. When will I go...?

Last edited:
Sky1_HD_logo.png

bnmcopy.jpg

"Welcome back to Britain's Next Manager. We have eleven hopefuls looking to get the job from Alex Ferguson, but there can only be One Britain's Next Manager"

Week three was here. 3/7's completed on our seven week journey to find 'Britain's Next Manager'.
The challenge this week was Training your team. All of the candidates remaining were invited to watch Arsenal play, and then we got to hold a 20 minute training session with Charlton Athletic. personally, I am not sure if this will be easy or hard, but if I can make Charlton play like Arsenal for 20 minutes, then I will have surely succeeded?

-----------------------

We arrived at the training ground at 9:45 and we were invited into the luxurious Arsenal FC training complex. Arsene Wenger was explaing to his players, what they had done wrong in the last match, and how they are going to overcome it today.

Arsenal+Training+Session+Rp9aofkM31il.jpg

We were going to watch Arsenal play for an hour, then head off to Charlton's training complex for our 20 mins with their team.

After Arsene had finished the talk, he started training with the team warm up which consisted of Sprints, Dynamic Stretching, Jogging, ect. I glimpsed at the person behind me who was taking down notes, so I decided to aswell, as it would help me devise my training session with Charlton. I wrote:

Warm-up
  1. [*]Jogging
    [*]Sprints
    [*]Static Stretches
    [*]Dynamic Stretches

Next, we witnessed them start playing with the football. They did loads of drills, and it was hard to keep up with your notes, as you couldn't take your eyes off them.

------------

We were on the bus to Charlton's training ground. The panel would ***** our performances via live video feed, and the Charlton players would vote for their favourite trainers.

When we arrived, we got to wait in the club lounge for each 'future manager' to return from their session. I was 6th, and it took nearly two hours to get my turn, however I devised what I was going to do, and had a coke to give me energy for the session. I was a little bit nervous, seeing as the other contestants, came out saying that 'they don't listen, but I tamed them to do a nice session', and 'easy, they train just like Arsenal, I will have definitely done well'. I was scared, but determined, and I didn't want to show any cowardliness to the players. I started the session doing the same one as Arsene Wenger, however added a twist. I made it into a game, to see who could do it the best, and the loosing half of players had to collect all the bibs, cones and stuff at the end for the next manager.

The start of the session went really well, and I was getting along with at least half of the players. They were training very well, and performing to very high standards, much better than the teenagers I used to train before. I am sure that in their next match, they will get a result whatever happens. I used all of my training skills from before, and I even added one of my own little activities to the session. It went really well.

By the time the session ended, everyone was buzzing to full extent.

------------------------

"Welcome back to Britain's Next Manager. We have just seen how the future managers run training sessions. What will the judges say?"

Andy Gray started with me. He said 'Josh, you have done it again, I have had doubts in the last round, however everyone here thinks that you have done a great job. The players said you were the best, your session went well, and it was by far the best in contrast to the others. Now you can see what this show makes out of people. 'Take a bow son.'

The other judges basically repeated this, and said, they wish me well in my career. Then they asked me to leave the room. I was scared as the never do this to anyone.
Jamie Redknapp walked into the room with the camera crew and said 'Bromley have just lost their manager Mark Goldberg. they turned to this show to find a new manager, and they have selected you as a suitable candidate. We understand if you want to carry on with the competition to try and get the Man Utd job, however we will also understand if you leave us at this stage. What's your decision?

Article:

Mark Goldberg quits as Bromley manager due to rift

_48729038_42302608.jpg

Mark Goldberg previously owned Crystal Palace
Bromley manager Mark Goldberg has quit the club, two-and-a-half-years into his second spell in charge.
He leaves with the Lillywhites in Blue Square Bet South.
In a statement Goldberg said: "It is with regret that in the best interests of the club, I left Bromley FC before the game against Basingstoke Town.
"This was due to an ongoing conflict in house on how and who should play first-team football, which made my position as manager untenable."
The club have announced the rest of the management team will remain at the club.
His previous spell in charge of the Lillywhites, which ended in December 2007, saw the club win promotion from the Ryman League Premier Division.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9364786.stm

Last edited:
We had our theory today. This was all about 'Match Preparation'. If you are unfamiliar with the term, it is all about preparing for your matches.

Haha quality, when is the next update out ?

Sky1_HD_logo.png

bnmcopy.jpg

I went straight to the Bromley Clubhouse, to discuss my contract with the Chairman Jerry Dolke. He seemed like a nice, guy and was very happy that I had entered contract negotiations with him. After a few clauses that needed to be added, we came across to a conclusion of £225 a week. I was very happy with that, as it is more than my previous job, and it is on a part-time contract. I could live happily off my job and with an extra £225 a week extra. if my career extended I would be a happy manager.

It takes a few days for the FA to accept the contract, however the board said i can get to work on signings and the rest. It would be good for me.

------------------

My first attempt at signing a player was former Burnley Striker martin Riely who had been out of football for 5 years.

0,,10413~2807449,00.jpg

He was extremely interested in the cub, and would be a fantastic signing.
he ended up joining, and the club were very happy. he is a model professional, who trains very hard.

-----------------

My first training session went well, as I used the training techniques I gained from Arsenal and Charlton, and implemented them into the session. It was also a good time to get my side trying out the new 4-2-1-2-1 tactic I created. When you need to defend, you have more than enough players. When you need to attack, you keep one Dm back as an anchor, and the rest of your midfield can push up, including the fullbacks, which I plan to sign who will have to be fast. I admit the tactic was no Barcelona, but the team was playing good football, and we could see that in our friendly against the reserves. we won 3-1, which was a solid performance. Now that the tactic was working, I let the assistant take control of the matches. the results were decent, and it allowed me to sign 13 new players. Nearly a whole team. I also let 10 players go. They either retired, or signed for lower reputation clubs.

I have no transfer budget, but the club was doing just fine with all the free transfers.

The board were happy with my signings. You can see this by what they said in an interview with http://www.bluesqsouth.com or at our clubs section here: http://www.bluesqsouth.com/team/0,21424,12307,00.html

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

bfclogo.jpg

It was my first game in charge against Dorchester Town. At home, and to a crowd of 445 people. A lot to come and watch a match, and I was delighted at the support.

2007-07-17Bromley03.jpg

We started off with an attacking approach, and by 23 mins, everybody was celebrating wildly.1-0 up courtesy of new signing David Williams. At the break I just told the players to keep playing their game, and the result will come. We were looking edgy, until superb winger Finn, ran into the box, he was about to square it, but got tripped by their clumsy defender. i didn't know who should take the penalty, but my assistant told me that we should let Finn take it. He scored comfortably and we were cruising at two one. I made a few more subs, and the game looked over, when Ryan Dolby scored in stoppage time to give us the 3-0 win. What a game!

Bromley Town 3-0 Dorchester Town​

g1.gif
23' David Williams
ij.gif
32' Kyle Critchell [Subbed for Ashley Vickers] (Dorchester Town)
y1.gif
69'Oliver Hewitt Fisher [Bromley Town]
g1.gif
75' Anthony Finn
g1.gif
90+2' Ryan Dolby

d4.gif
John Scarborough [Bromley Town]

d5.gif
Aaron Doble [Dorchester Town]

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:22 PM ----------

Do people like the goals layout.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

How do people think I should update?

Its good mate, i like it a lot.

I think that you should update month by month and give a brief rundown of each game with maybe more info on the bigger ones. Keep up your opinions etc as they make the difference between good stories and bad ones IMO

bfclogo.jpg

October 2010

Seasons always have their ups and downs. This was definitely an up. The squad have gelled to perfection in matches, and the tactic has been great. The only down thing I could say is that I signed nearly a whole new team with subs, who replaced first team regulars. If I couldn't sell or release them, then they get angry as they want to be a first team regulars. My assistant said that I had to clarify their squad positions, and he gave me a list of how good they are, and how good they can become. Similar to a scout report. He also said that I should have a chat with the people that I need to get rid of. He invited Nicky Green into my office. A fringe player at the club, who the assistant rates half a star (0.5 *).

"Hello, you wanted to speak to me?"

'Yes, have a seat.'
He sat down in the chair, and started admiring my signed T-Shirts.

I told him 'I think it would be best for both parties if you agreed to terminate your contract.You're not getting any football here, and this would allow us to save money, and find you first team football elsewhere.'

I tried to say it in the nicest way possible, and it seemed to pay off.

He replied with "I understand where you are coming from, as much as it pains me to say so. I agree it is for the best. See you later then."

Its never fun to have to tell a player this, and he seemed like a really nice guy. He terminated his contract for no money, however this was the least of my worries, as we kicked in with the results.

------------------

The second game of the season was away to Boreham Wood. They are newly promoted, but eager to do well, and it showed in the match. We went 2-0 up on 67 mins, however they pulled one back to make it 2-1. Then in the 88th minute, we conceded a penalty, and I felt like this was going to happen the whole match. We had practised defending penalties, however the team was not focussed during that session. He missed the penalty, and the team did exactly as I told them to in training. They cleared the ball as quickly as possible into the crowd. I was delighted, until 90 mins when we started getting sloppy. We conceded a cheap goal, and the few Boreham Wood fans were loving it. We were down to ten men, and falling behind. I told the team to stick everyone up there, and Anthony Finn scored in the 95th minute of stoppage time.
Now that is what I call an entertaining match. You don't have to be watching Barcelona to get the pleasure of matches like this!

We lost away to Hampton & Richmond by a narrow 1-0. now I know what defeat feels like. The squad handled it well though.

The fifth game of the season was against our rivals Welling. It was going to be an exiting game, especially as we just beat Havent & Waterloo 5-0! we were all geared up for the match, and you can see how well it went by the result!

Bromley Town 5-0 Welling​

g1.gif
2', 7' Warren McBean
g1.gif
22' Andy Williams[Bromley Town]
ij.gif
31' Jamie Day [Subbed for Jordan Johnson] (Dorchester Town)
g1.gif
37' Martin Riely
g1.gif
50' John Scarborough
y1.gif
68' Guus Uhlenbeek[Welling]
y1.gif
81' Jared Wilson[Bromley Town]

d4.gif
Warren McBean [Bromley Town]

d5.gif
Guus Uhlenbeek [Welling]

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round​

efc__1227715193_fa-cup-draw.jpg

Bromley 1-1 Bishop Stafford

REPLAY: Bromley 2-0 Bishop Stafford

FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round​

Bromley 3-2 Thurrock​

----------------

We were on a run of 10 games unbeaten. 7 of the matches being wins. The board and fans were delighted, then suddenly, things took a turn for the worse. We lost to Bastingstoke then went out to Barrow in the FA Cup. Then a 1-0 to Lewes, then a 3-1 home loss to Thurrock.

We had dropped from 1st to 4th in the table. Gutted, but still in the playoff positions.

good job, keep it going.....some screens from the game would be great

Wow just read through it this is a great story.
I especially like the Britains next manager bit.. it would be good if you could keep that going. Maybe ask the producers to put you back in but you wouldnt be judged or anything.. just to improve your skills.. just a suggestion but KIU

Wow just read through it this is a great story.
I especially like the Britains next manager bit.. it would be good if you could keep that going. Maybe ask the producers to put you back in but you wouldnt be judged or anything.. just to improve your skills.. just a suggestion but KIU
I'm not going to reveal too much, but Britain's Next Manager is not over...

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

good job, keep it going.....some screens from the game would be great

To be honest, unless someone has played 10 seasons, and I can skin through them to see how they've done, I hate stories which are full of screens. At the end of the season I will add them, but it really annoys me when a story is full of screenshots.

just read over it.
when it started i thought u were taking part in the actual show
but brilliant KIU