bfclogo.jpg

January 2011

The first game into November home to Farnborough. We lose 3-1. 5 games in a row lost, and the pressure was building up. We were down to 11th in the table, and I was starting to get angry. The one thing they didn't teach us on Britain's Next Manager is how to handle the press. And it showed. They were awarded a controversial goal in the 51st minute when we went 3-0 down. They interviewed me after the match. This is what they said:

'The Daryl McMahon goal may have been offside, what is your say on this?'

'Terrible decision. The linesman has honestly never heard of specksavers, and the ref doesn't have a brain big enough to know what an offside is when he see's one? Terrible, these officials shouldn't even be allowed to ref Bromley Under 16's matches!'

'Thank you for your time.'

The pressure was building up on me, and the fans were starting to lose faith. To top it all off I was given a 3 match ban by the FA, so I would have to sit in the crowd. The club were angry at me, managers were staring to hate me, and ref's didn't want to ref our games. To sum it all up, the assistant won all three games including a 6-3 win away to Dorchester. I was in trouble now, and my assistant was doing fantastically. I still think it was down to my fantastic training regime.

March 2011

We were straight back on track with 3 consecutive 2-0 wins. No more doubts, and the fans were filling the few seats we actually had. We got a 1-1 draw, but then to make the month extra special we won 2-0 to Farnborough to put us in 2nd spot with a game in hand to Havent & Waterloo, who are two points ahead of us.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Not much activity atm. No signings, but it will be a much longer update in the end, with the promotion story :)

Last edited:
just wondering is the Britains Next Manager suppose to be similar to the one where players train to be the next "under 21" super star? Curious pick of Bromley but I like it.

just wondering is the Britains Next Manager suppose to be similar to the one where players train to be the next "under 21" super star? Curious pick of Bromley but I like it.
Yes. And Bromley are in crisis in real life, so I thought I could manage them :S

Been ages since the last update. I will write up now. And 'Britain's next manager is not over, plus at the end of the story I will write an Epilogue.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:22 PM ----------

bfclogo.jpg

April 2011

After a lot of draws, and a few wins, we had now gone 10 games unbeaten since the tragic loss to Kettering in the FA Trophy.
We were neck and neck with Havent & Waterloo, however whilst we went unbeaten, they went 5th. Our Tittle challengers were now Chelmsford and Woking.

---------------------

There were three more matches, of the Blue Square Bet South. We needed a win against Dartford to win the league. Fortunately it was a home game, so the players had the fantastic support of the few fans that we actually have.

--------------------

When I arrived at the stadium, at 10:30 to discuss the teams approach, start a short training session, and the team was buzzing with the prospect of winning the league and going that one step closer to the football league!

--------------------

Our opponents arrived at 13:45, they entered the stadium, and were checking out the poor facilities. They were getting ready for the match.

Meanwhile, I was discussing the approach for the match. I decided to go for attacking, as it enables the team to get goals and then we can defend. I didn't have a tough task picking the team, we had some great players, and the selection was pretty much the same every match. The fans started ti gather, and the players got changed into their kits.

----------------------

The match kicked off with a boom! The starting strategy worked, with a early goal finished by Oliver Hewitt-Fisher on six minutes. They were rarely threatening us, and we were getting close on many occasions. Finally we scored again when Shane Williams scored on 36 minutes. The managerial dream was coming true! Unfortunately, we conceded in the second minute of the first half stoppage time. I know had a topic to talk about at the break.

The second half was very dull, we made had the dominant amount of possession, and we were on top. All until the equalizer was scored on 80 mins. The glamorousness was fading away. They got a red card for a very hard tackle on Jared Wilson. And I encouraged the team to push up as high as possible, and pump the ball into the box. I was in doubt, until we scored in the 88th minute. I went as crazy as a Liverpool fan when they scored against Chelsea. The 400 odd fans started chanting my name! The greatest felling in management. Then we scored again on the 92nd minute! We had won the league! The fans were delighted, and the chairman winked at me.

-------------------------

After the match, I received so much praise from rival managers, and higher reputation managers, as I led the team to glory! The board were delighted, and offered me a new contract. The the Chairman's surprise I rejected the pay rise, and rejected the contract offer. I wasn't sure about my future, but I would remain loyal to the club. I still had a year left on my contract anyway, and the team was on a tight financial budget.

Bromley Town 4-2 Dartford​

g1.gif
6' Oliver Hewitt Fisher
g1.gif
36' Shane Williams
g1.gif
45+2', 80' Charlie Sherringham (Dartford)
ij.gif
62' Leigh Smith [Subbed for David Williams] (Bromley)
g1.gif
88' Warren McBean
g1.gif
90+2 Andy Williams

d4.gif
Charlie Sherringham (8.8) [Dartford]

d5.gif
Tom Bonner (5.5)[Welling]

lens2152427_1220301862blue-square-premier-trophy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Request screenshots people, as I am starting Pre Season 2011/12.

bfclogo.jpg

Pre Season 2011

After the spectacular promotion success, my main aim was to survive the drop, by staying up. In order to do this, we had to do major work to our squad, and I did this by not renewing 8 players contracts. It's sad for them, but its best for the future of the club.

The chairman gave me absolutely no money to spend, however I used this disadvantage to exploit the free transfers, by signing 11 new players. Virtually a whole new team. The main signing I was delighted at was Danzelle St. Lewis Hamilton.

Thomas-Sorensen-Stoke_1098735.jpg

The former Stoke keeper was released, and despite a contract offer from Plymouth, and my assistant rating him 5 stars saying that he would be a Leading n-Power league 1 striker if he was signed now. I was delighted, however his agent is very strict, and drives a hard bargain.

All Players Signed:
--------------------

I left the pre season matches to my assistant who organizes the friendlies, and gets hands on management in the process. Average matches with three loses and two draws.

hi what background images do you have?
Kanye Bear.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:18 PM ----------

I will get an update soon.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:31 PM ----------

5uijw6.png

Last edited:
This is a good story mate & an original idea rather than just saying the teams results season after season. Its good to see something different & il be following. (H)

Do people like the news story?

Me liking the post means yes, and is this really the best background I've ever seen on FM up there ? ;)

Nice story, very nice, but I still think you should bring back the Brittains Next Manager thing as this is what keeps the story different and make people follow it.
KIU !!

Me liking the post means yes, and is this really the best background I've ever seen on FM up there ? ;)

Nice story, very nice, but I still think you should bring back the Brittains Next Manager thing as this is what keeps the story different and make people follow it.
KIU !!

...the last update was two weeks ago :S