Brobs17

Reaction score
Hello guys, as many other tactic makers have released their take on FM12 12.0.4 patch and the fact that sooo many people are inboxing me to make a tactic for the first patch of FM 12 I thought I better respond and make you guys a tactic on par with my previous 11.3 ultimate tactic! Well look no further as the process is now complete and I'm bringing out a tactic which again complements EVERY team, I just want to reiterate that point that any team can use this tactic. It is pretty **** incredible once again, I first started the tactic with Liverpool and and I've won every cup for 3 years running. So I decided to test this with Stoke predicted 14th and I've never seen results like it. Currently I'm undefeated, top of the premierships by 2 points and a game in hand so will go 5 points clear when I win, whilst absolutely dominating wins and (I really mean complete domination) over Arsenal and Man Utd away from home (at Old trafford and the Emirates). The only 2 draws I have is when i've dominated but somehow the opposition keeper has had the game of his life - very annoying.The Tactic is again on how I think Football should be played. Football is not about short passing but about selecting the right pass whether long or short - its about having a Plan B if Plan A is not working. The only way way that this tactic may slip up on is if the game cheats you out of a win and with the AI keeper having the game of this life which is pretty **** frustrating.The Tactic is based on zonal positioning so the team know there jobs and positioning before a ball has even been kicked rather than basing marking on how the opposition set up and altering the positioning of the team depending on how AI plays i.e different opposing formations. The current ME is based upon fluid attacking play for those who want to make their own tactic and another big tip of mine is enabling players to hold up the ball.So down to the tactic:It is a 4-1-2-3 formation (my specialty) (make sure these settings/rules are followed):pLEASE PLUG IN THIS TACTIC AT THE VERY START OF THE GAME OR IN PRE-SEASON IF YOU ARE IN YOUR SECOND SEASON.Pitch Size: MinimumPlug and Play tactic (classic)NO Opposition InstructionsTeam talks to assistant managerNo match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.Right I have discovered a HUGE improvement to this tactic which will make it completely dominant. It is to do with Match Preparation:put:Work Load: Very HighAdditional Area Focus: Defensive PositioningI cannot tell you how well this has improved the tactic. Let me know how it goes.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Player requirements:GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing outCBs Jumping, heading,stamina, tackling and markingFBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work WorkrateDMC Passing, tackling, marking, stamina.CMS Pass and technique and workrateFor 3 Strikers Pace,dribbling,technique, acceleration,off the ball and finishing.PLUG AND PLAY TACTIC. Do not tinker with the tacticSet-piece are set up in the tactic.Give it 7-8 games to settle in and do not tinker with the tactic or put OI's on. Although it should be working quicker than this if you have plugged it in at pre-season. Please plug and play this and do not let the computer simulate results.On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions. There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.If my team goes down to 10 men = Take the RIGHT-SIDED central midfielder off... its vital to keep 3 strikers in this tactic, due to the special marking upfront.Here is some proof of the tactic with Stoke and Liverpool: (Apologises That I couldn't get many fixture results with Liverpool - The game doesn't allow me to look at match stats etc anymore but it results include beating man city 5-0 and man utd 7-0 away)And here is my twitter If you fancy it:
http://twitter.com/Brobs17
I have facebook too so ask if you want thatLet me know what you think of it, any enjoy the tactic especially those of you who prefer to manage smaller clubs! I'm certain you will enjoy it, have fun. (Tactic is at the bottom of the post)UPDATE NUMBER 1:Match Preparation:put:Work Load: Very HighAdditional Area Focus: Defensive PositioningUPDATE NUMBER 2:pUT STLR AND STRL to cross 'often' instead of sometimesThese two updates will make this tactic magical and very hard to beat

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

Last edited:
I'll try this with my San Marino Serie C1 Team, seem ideal for the players is have.. i'll keep you posted.

Does this tactic work for the bigger team ?
I'm gonna try this with Juve. Hope to hear from you!
Most of the time, I like you're tactics.

Edit : Ah. Didn't saw that part of you're article. It seems to work well for Juventus.

First match : Catania 0 - 2 Juventus
CCC : 0 - 3
Nice work Bro!

I have one Question for you. Like you said, you ticker targetman, playmaker and counter. **** the other 2 (Tight mark and ''Don't know what that in English is'') are ticker to, is that correct or do I have to ticker them out. (Hope this is good English and you understand what I mean)

Last edited:
Very good tactic indeed. I used your tactics in FM2011 and it was the best tactic in the planet. Now in FM2012 i started to use it and had lame results in the beginning but the team was playing very well «.. the strikers didnt score much.. but now..im in a winning streak. Your tactics are very good!

Sorry for bad english... I´m Portuguese.

thanks mate!

hi brobs how do you set the eleven start with barcelona?daniel alves il good on the right?

i would put iniesta training new position MC.. put Messi, Sanchez and other winger training new position PL... and start with Valdes, Alves Pique Puyol Abidal, Mascherano, Xavi Iniesta, Messi on the right, Sanchez on the left and Villa in the middle. Good Luck

thank you, but i prefer busquets in role of dmc because have good passing

excellent tactic.... team plays plays greatwhat do u do when you playing a bigger team away?

this tactic is insane!!!! thank you so much..... i guess you dont need to do anything when playing a stronger team away! you just destroy them at home....hahahaha

*thank you for the tactic! it has made me enjoy FM again :)):D:D*

Last edited:
I will definitelly try it, enjoyed your 4-1-2-3 on FM11 a lot. But first I must complete the current season :)

hello Brobs17.you are king and your tactic is BRILLIANT!!!!i played 15 matches with Chelsea and all wins.i only change swaping between LF and RF.here are my results.sorry for my english and thank you!CHELSEA 4:1 CELTA
CHELSEA 3:0 CORINTHIANS
SWANSEA 0:4 CHELSEA
CHELSEA 4:1 NORWICH
QPR 0:2 CHELSEA
CHELSEA 4:1 WOLWES
CHELSEA 4:2 LYON
WIGAN 1:2 CHELSEA
BLACKPOOL 0:4 CHELSEA
CHELSEA 3:0 MAN UTD
ZENIT 0:5 CHELSEA
CHELSEA 3:0 BLACKBURN
TOTTENHAM 2:4 CHELSEA
TRABZONSPOR 0:4 CHELSEA
SUNDERLAND 1:5 CHELSEA
BRISTOL CITY 2:4 CHELSEA
CHELSEA 2:1 LIVERPOOL

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback and really happy you guys are enjoying it, its what I aim to do help people achieve their dreams on FM! And If the first couple results aren't going your way just wait until your team are more familiar with it, the results will turn around

Hey, this tactic is brilliant, the absolute best out there. I have been promoted to the Premier League with Portsmouth, predicted 8th before season. The Portsmouth squad is very small, only 18 players. With no signings I came second in Championship. If i had signed some players, I would have win the league, but injured players and small squad isn`t very good. I won almost everything when my players was fit, so I think I need to buy some new players this new season i Premier League. Your tactic makes FM fun again, cheers. :)

View attachment 201598

How long will it take my brentford team to start winning (and stop conceding about a million goals a game!) with a brand new squad in the championship after being promoted from league 1 in the first season!?

Thanks for all the feedback and really happy you guys are enjoying it, its what I aim to do help people achieve their dreams on FM! And If the first couple results aren't going your way just wait until your team are more familiar with it, the results will turn around

hey Brobs17... i realised 1 thing, especially wen playing with lower league teams, that this tactic does get u alot of Yellow.. sometimes maybe even Red cards.

For me, I was having a difficult time controlling my players in the 9 games from getting cards as their tackling was set to "Hard"..

Therefore, using your same tactic, i just tweaked the tackling to Normal for ALL my players and the tactic is still working tremendously! In fact, im getting better results and it seems the team is playing more slick, fluid and fast football without having to worry about getting stuck into tackles too often.

I havent thanked you for your FM11 tactic.. Brobs17 Ultimate.. it was fantastic! I had been playing with Hereford United then.. and I still am playing with them now with FM12.

Thanks again Brobs17... perhaps u mite wana try tweaking the tackling yourself and see if its a feasible suggestion!

How long will it take my brentford team to start winning (and stop conceding about a million goals a game!) with a brand new squad in the championship after being promoted from league 1 in the first season!?

D12PT... allow your team to settle into the formation rhythm. See match preparation to know whether your team is "competent" with the tactic/formation that is being used currently.

PS: I hope you already know that part.

Anyways, you dont need to wait for the competency bar to be full for this tactic to work.. As long as its between 70%-80% towards a 100%... it should start working and the fluency of the football should start to flow for most matches bro! Well, at least at 80% it should start to flow.

Try it!!

Cheers shaka...im leaving it as a second tactic for a couple of games. My problem is that every opposition will simply outplay me! They will pass around out of defence get a cross in/square it and score. They can score long shots for fun! Are able to take it round my keeper and finish! Tackle my players and get onto the loose ball. Get tackled by my player and still manage to get on to the loose ball. They easily have more than 20 shots per game with most on target! My players aren't that bad! I just feel something is not fair in the ME!? Maybe due to the fact that like i've said my whole squad is new this season and media prediction was pretty ****!? I mean my defence has closing down on high, normal tackling for 2 dc's/ hard for fb's & 2 dcm's, tight marking yet they will not tackle the opposition or if they do its normally a foul in the box giving away a penalty :( and in attack, when they are clean through they'll miss the target or shoot straight at the keeper!! I'm using houghs swarm tactic at the moment with a few tweaks and this has helped a little bit but i've still lost every game except maybe 1 draw! I have also tested like 5 other tactics over 20 games while going on holiday and lost all with maybe 1 or 2 draws(with the amount of goals conceded per game ranging from 2-11 and scored per game from 0-2)!! I guess i'll just have to stick with houghs swarm and brobs's till squad has gelled. Can u sense my sadness lol

put Messi, Sanchez and other winger training new position PL... and start with Valdes, Alves Pique Puyol Abidal, Mascherano, Xavi Iniesta, Messi on the right, Sanchez on the left and Villa in the middle.