Cheers shaka...im leaving it as a second tactic for a couple of games. My problem is that every opposition will simply outplay me! They will pass around out of defence get a cross in/square it and score. They can score long shots for fun! Are able to take it round my keeper and finish! Tackle my players and get onto the loose ball. Get tackled by my player and still manage to get on to the loose ball. They easily have more than 20 shots per game with most on target! My players aren't that bad! I just feel something is not fair in the ME!? Maybe due to the fact that like i've said my whole squad is new this season and media prediction was pretty ****!? I mean my defence has closing down on high, normal tackling for 2 dc's/ hard for fb's & 2 dcm's, tight marking yet they will not tackle the opposition or if they do its normally a foul in the box giving away a penalty :( and in attack, when they are clean through they'll miss the target or shoot straight at the keeper!! I'm using houghs swarm tactic at the moment with a few tweaks and this has helped a little bit but i've still lost every game except maybe 1 draw! I have also tested like 5 other tactics over 20 games while going on holiday and lost all with maybe 1 or 2 draws(with the amount of goals conceded per game ranging from 2-11 and scored per game from 0-2)!! I guess i'll just have to stick with houghs swarm and brobs's till squad has gelled. Can u sense my sadness lol

well.. i see your sadness.. but this is where u have failed miserably my dear friend! u see.. Sports Interactive (SI) has made the game much to the way real-life football is played nowadays.. even the Pros need time to gel to a new formation - whether in training or on the pitch.

So with u changing the formations (u mentioned 5 tactics).. its not gona help ur team at all.. I suggest starting a whole new league again from the Pre-season "brudder". let your team settle into 1 main tactic and use the other 2 as backups. otherwise.. just stick with Brobs17's tactic and u will come out on top eventually!

Patience is the key here!

Gd luck!

Beating team a division ahead of me 4/5-1 in the cup using this formation... awesome.

how is your central CF doing ? mine is not doing to well. he never scores only the left and right CF seems to score.

He tends to get tap in's as my two wide players are quick but not the best finishers.. so he's scoring every other as opposed to every game like the other two..

would it make a huge change to the tactic if i drop the Center CF to AMC? with exact same settings?i get messages from my *** that my midfield is not linking to my attack

I hear what ur sayin shaka but im now 13 games in to 2nd season in championship p13 w0 d5 l8 for15 ags34 lol im just ****** as u can see how this tactic works but the players are just not putting the chances away! I have players with (most of the time) better finishing, dribbling, composure, long shots n technique stats than the opposition yet they still miss the target from inside the box!

Hey ive been using your tactic for my season with Hereford, I'm halfway through but despite doing really well to start when my players fully learned the tactic theyve suddenly had struggled and have gone on a really poor run of form, any suggestions? :(

View attachment 201860

Hey ive been using your tactic for my season with Hereford, I'm halfway through but despite doing really well to start when my players fully learned the tactic theyve suddenly had struggled and have gone on a really poor run of form, any suggestions? :(

View attachment 201860

I am not sure I would call that a really poor run of form. Anyways, usually when this happens it is a motivation issue. Team talks, player personalities, etc.

I am not sure I would call that a really poor run of form. Anyways, usually when this happens it is a motivation issue. Team talks, player personalities, etc.

its not anything to do with the players, theyre all happy and confident, it seems to be a defensive problem, have lost every game now for a month and a half, the last game being a 5-4 loss to bristol rovers

Very impressive so far, Scores for fun. My Arsenal save:

Squad:
2011-11-07_00002.jpg

Results using formation:
2011-11-07_00001.jpg

Great work, will update when finished season 1. (H)

I hear what ur sayin shaka but im now 13 games in to 2nd season in championship p13 w0 d5 l8 for15 ags34 lol im just ****** as u can see how this tactic works but the players are just not putting the chances away! I have players with (most of the time) better finishing, dribbling, composure, long shots n technique stats than the opposition yet they still miss the target from inside the box!

D12PT... i suggest u have a team meeting with your players.. and be Assertive.. or Aggresive if u need be.. with your meeting! drill certain things into them that u want.. wake up their ideas. it mite help.. adjust your two Centre Backs to play more defensively.. it will help.

Hi brobs, what kind of roles are the players set up to be? Just so i know what kind of training to use on my squad and which players line up in which positions. Cheers mate.

This tactic is great!! Thanks a lot!
I played one season with Boca Juniors, with 1 loan and a fews cheap singings, and I won the opening stage, the closing stage, and argentinian cup, and defeat in the Copa Libertadores Quarter finals (i have a figth against the first-team goalkeeper and I releases him, and my new young and cheap secondary goalkeeper was blind that day agains corithians, and obviouslly i give to him 2 weeks wage reduction and i would hit him in his uruguayan face if were possible :S).

Thanks again!!! I love this formation, in PES and Top Eleven i use it too :D:D:D

Hi Brobs,
I used your tactic on my 2012,Hereford game (Having previously used the 2011 version on FM 2011, with similar results!).Just finished the first season in div 2, results were :position 1st. Played 46, won 34, drawn 9, lost 3,goals for:110, against:46, points 111. We were 19 points clear of Bristol Rovers in 2nd place. Went 19 games undefeated in the league, and managed to score in 34 games in a row.Lost the Vans Trophy final due to the computer deciding to play one of it's "silly" games, by sending off my centre forward after 5 minutes !. Used the tactic as you suggested, but as someone else suggested, I did change the tackling to "normal", because I was getting too many players booked and sent off! Perhaps players in the lower leagues, with lower tackling stats just like kicking sh**t into the other side! . The other thing I did was to have my other centre half (one attacks the near post doesn't he) to challenge the goalkeeper. This is not because I don't think your set-up works, It's just something I do on all tactics. I will now embark on trying to "move through" the leagues, I'll keep you posted on Hereford's progress ! Great tactic, well done !

Test of the supreme

Hi again Brobs!

Sorry for the late answer, but I have been on a small vacation.

And I didn't have the time to test, so I didn't finish a whole season, more like an half. I hope you'll appreciate it anyway.

TEST~

Team: Napoli
Media Prediction: 8th

Results:

League table:

View attachment 203365

Fixtures
:

View attachment 203366

Conclusion:

I think the tactic is better than it seems. It acutally created a lot of CCCs and had a solid defense. Even in the games when I eventually lost. I blame my strikers for not scoring when they get the chance, but they are pretty top class (Cavani, Lavezzi etc.) - kind of unlucky.

(I was only outclassed in one game and it was against Barcalona on Camp Nou)

Examples

View attachment 203367View attachment 203368

Even though I lost both games 3-1, I wasn't dominated at all.

Especially not in the Cesena game where I had 6 CCCs and 61% pos.

The CSKA game was more even, but I still I think I was unlucky.

I deserved to win against AC Milan aswell (fixtures).

Heyy Brobs! I started my Brentford save again and used ur tactic from the start in league 1. I just finished the first season finishing almost 30 points clear at the top!! Setting new records for points gained and goals scored in a league 1 season!! The test now will be to see how well this tactic does in the championship with a decent backbone of a squad plus sum upgrades in players! Hopefully it does just as good :) my cb's will be the same, 2 up front of jamil adam and cunago will be the same. I've got romario and stuart parnaby coming to add better quality to the full backs (2 italians i picked up last season, marko colombo and salvatore d'elia i think). Trying to sign quintero and hopefully can get mbaye niang on a longer loan again after his super productive 3 months at end of last season! I got my eye on an italian dm and conor coady if he gets released again. Any suggestions on 2 english CM's? Or english youngster i should keep my eye out for as i dnt want a whole foreign squad who make it hard to comply with the HG rules!? Thanks Brobs for the tactic! And thanks guys for the player suggestions :)