Brobs17 FM13 P.13.3.3 Ultimate 4-3-3 Plug and Play Tactic (ONE tactic for EVERY game)

Brobs17

Reaction score
(Ignore the fact the tactic link and tactic itself says its for 13.3.2, it IS for 13.3.3 I just forgot to change it - probably works for patch 13.3.2 too)

My twitter: www.twitter.com/Brobs17

For those of you that do not want to lead this long thread outlining the detail and why it works, I have created a summary for you here (so before asking any question please read this part):

Synopsis

The tactic is for the Patch on FM13 of 13.3.3. Hopefully the last patch on the FM13 game.

4-1-2-3 Formation (Use this tactic for EVERY match you play, home and away, it works)

evertontacticsoverview.png

Pitch Size: Minimum

Team talks to Assistant Manager (this is how I set my staff responsibilities out - do NOT put opposition instructions on):

evertonstaffresponsibil.png

Do not use shouts

No Opposition Instructions

Match Preparation looks as follows - Tactics only, average workload. Match training/normal training all the way to the left leaving the rest after a match ticked and a rest before the match unticked. Also leave general training on Balanced with an average workload. (please use this EXACT copy of
the match preparation, it works the best. Also do NOT give it to the assistant manager, this undermines the tactic):

southamptontrainingteam.png

If you get a man sent off take off the centre striker

Tactic Download Link: Brobs17 FM13 P.13.3.2 Ultimate 4-3-3 Plug and Play Tactic.tac

DO NOT EDIT THE TACTIC IN ANY WAY

Please do allow at least 6 games for the players to get use to the tactic. Plug the tactic and use all of the above instructions as soon as you start your game OR straight away if you are already in a game.

This tactic suits all teams.

Player requirements:

GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing out

CBs Jumping, heading,stamina, tackling and marking

FBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate

DMC Passing, tackling, marking, stamina.

CMS Pass and technique and workrate

For 3 Strikers Pace,dribbling,technique, acceleration,off the ball and finishing.PLUG AND PLAY TACTIC. Do not tinker with the tacticSet-piece are set up in the tactic.

Give it 7-8 games to settle in and do not tinker with the tactic or put OI's on.

Although it should be working quicker than this if you have plugged it in at pre-season. Please plug and play this and do not let the computer simulate results.On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions.

There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.

Try to have a squad of atleast 25 squad players who are all good enough to fill into the first team. And rest your better players if you have a big game coming up etc.

END OF SYNOPSIS

Last edited:
There was a suggestion amongst community members that it would be 'impossible' to generate a 'plug and play' tactic that works that works on the newer version of FM. I disagree entirely with this as I have made one.

I have tested this with multiple premier league teams - Swansea, Everton, West Brom and Liverpool and all tests have surpassed what I expected and all done with default squads. I have always found that the premier league is by far the toughest league to test any tactic in. It is why I test there because I know once I have found what I like to call 'premier league status tactic' the tactic will work anywhere in the world. So yes this tactic suits all teams.

It has probably taken me over 100 seasons to get this tactic correct after trying varient after varient which required so much patience. I continue to make tactics for people's enjoyment, so people please stop getting on my back so much, I have put alot of time into it only to make the game more fun for you guys.

West Brom

I really like West Brom's team this season. Shane Long as been an excellent addition along with the loan signing of Lukaku. They have developed a phylosophy of genuine hard work for each other as well as play good football. Within the game they are predicted 14th so it is great to see them using my tactic sitting on top of the premier league 21 games in.

englishpremierdivisionoz.png

Probably my most notable result coming away at Man City.

mancityvwestbromstatspl.png

Everton

Everton are a team that I do like. With little money they have generated a squad capable of challenging for the top 6 and I believe they have good players although there squad is a bit bare. Again it is nice to see them sitting 4 points clear on the top of the premier league after 20 games using my tactic.

englishpremierdivisionom.png

As you can see most of the difficult fixtures are now out of the way whilst I am still in every competition.
evertonfixturesschedule.png

evertonfixturesschedule.png

Southampton

englishpremierdivisionox.png

The other two tested teams are available on request and I am sitting on top the league comfortably with both Liverpool and Swansea and are available on request. (I have not done screenshots of these yet and I am unsure of how many screenshots are beyond forums rules).

Last edited:
Let's get onto the key movement within the tactic which makes it so successful. The tactic plays in triangles and with a key trait I have brought in which has frustrated me so much in the past is the defender collect option on the goalkeeper. I have always wished to include this as I love the thought of playing out at the back and now I have.

Lets go into an analysis:

The analysis here is of the Arsenal vs West Brom game of which West Brom (the team I was managing won 3-2):

arsenalvwestbrompitchfu.png

The DL (Popov) regains possession now watch the follow movement of the players:

Dorrens the MCL drops back to receive the ball as soon as fall back wins the ball back to create a triangle with the CB and MCL

As soon as the a centre midfielder has the ball deep or non past the half way line the DMC has the option to move forward into the space the MCL has created through pulling a player towards him:

Now look at the space the DMC and the MCL have created for the MCR. This is a key point in the tactic as it enables a free midfield man with the time to put in a decent through ball

Here is the next vital movement which makes the tactic work so well. The centre striker is set to run forward sometimes which means he often drops short into 'the hole' which creates space behind him for the STCR and STCL which can be shown here:

arsenalvwestbrompitchfut.png

The through ball is then played through to the STCL as a result of the space the STC has created in behind:

Who then plays a through ball to the STCR who then goes and scores a clear cut opportunity:

As you can see the tactic is very systematic which is what I like the most. Each player plays for each other and there is zero option but to obey the tactics as a result of a classic tactic and there being zero external influences such as shouts effecting the way the play. The beauty of it is just ONE tactic and there are no complications as to what is better etc.

My twitter is (if any of you have twitter):

www.twitter.com/Brobs17

and I am more likely to answer questions relating to tactics etc on that.

Tactic Link

Tactic Download Link: Brobs17 FM13 P.13.3.2 Ultimate 4-3-3 Plug and Play Tactic.tac

Instructions of the tactic:
4-1-2-3 Formation (Use this tactic for EVERY match you play, home and away, it works)

Pitch Size: Minimum

Team talks to Assistant Manager (this is how I set my staff responsibilities out - do NOT put opposition instructions on):

evertonstaffresponsibil.png

Do not use shouts

No Opposition Instructions

Match Preparation looks as follows - Tactics only, average workload. Match training/normal training all the way to the left leaving the rest after a match ticked and a rest before the match unticked. Also leave general training on Balanced with an average workload. (please use this EXACT copy of
the match preparation, it works the best. Also do NOT give it to the assistant manager, this undermines the tactic):

southamptontrainingteam.png

If you get a man sent off take off the centre striker

DO NOT EDIT THE TACTIC IN ANY WAY

Please do allow at least 6 games for the players to get use to the tactic. Plug the tactic and use all of the above instructions as soon as you start your game OR straight away if you are already in a game.

This tactic suits all teams.

Tactic Link

(PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE TACTIC IN ANY WAY) (FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS)

Enjoy. (If you wish to republish the on other forums please contact me first)

Last edited:
quick questions...slow centre backs and strikers without pace and acceleration, can they work?

Yes. Although counter attacks are incorporated within the tactic the play is generally slow build up. Pretty much everything works with it (what I have tried so far and I have had some slow players)

Just one word: WOW.

Plugged it in to try it, in the UCL final against City (with Dortmund, second season). Utterly trashed them 5-1.

I can hardly think of a better start.

Question:

You say if you go down to 10, take a striker off, yet further down, you say take a central midfielder off as its crucial to keep the 3 strikers, so which is it? :p

Hi Brobs I already made some games with your new tactic, and i must tell you i'm really impressed with it never saw a tactic as good as this one since Modern Warfare. I will keep to do some games.
btw, do you have some players filters?

cheers

Question:

You say if you go down to 10, take a striker off, yet further down, you say take a central midfielder off as its crucial to keep the 3 strikers, so which is it? :p

really sorry about that. Ignore the take a centre midfielder off. Take the centre striker off if you do go down to 10 men, that part was copied and pasted from a previous thread I had made on a previous tactic! :)

Just one word: WOW.

Plugged it in to try it, in the UCL final against City (with Dortmund, second season). Utterly trashed them 5-1.

I can hardly think of a better start.

Thank you very much! I spent a month and a half working on it, all for the good of the community!

I used to but there is not an option to ask the assistant anymore because it affects match training which effects the tactic. Would love to know good individual training for players too

Goodnight all.

Last edited:
so you leave all player focus to none?

That is correct. However you can change the individual focus on individual training if you want specific attributes to improve, i'm not denying you that. Just make sure the General Training has a default focus of Balanced and an Intensity of Average (as shown the the Opening Post).

I'm gonna start a new game and try this tactic,i'm not a fan of the formation because there are no wingers,but it's worth to give it a try.
Is the training in pre season also balanced-average and def.position?
greetz from belgium

Its a possession tactic or a counter ? Please give us a screen of match stat.

Thanks mate!

God how I miss the 4123!

Thank you very much! I spent a month and a half working on it, all for the good of the community!
Couldn't agree more. I give up making tactics after 5 minutes and a couple of bad results as never have the patience for it so I take my hat off to every tactic creator out there and I seen the ******** on SI forums #muppets

15 match with this tac in A.C. Milan: 5W 5D 5L and was kicked out of the team ;/