Building A Dynasty - Anderlecht

Wow Zakuani is developing really well and at 17 years scored 18 goals for you in 22 matches really nice

January

Zakuani continues his goal scoring form.
We qualify for the Belgian cup Semi Final.
1 transfer in.

View attachment 261824

The month was short due to the winter break. On our return we've started off very well scoring 11 in 4 games and conceding no goals. I had numerous transfer targets for the month however players from South America had no intention in joining the club and therefore we'll need to increase our reputation.

League Table

View attachment 261825

Looks like the title is as good as ours already. This means I can focus on the Europa League which I feel we have a real chance in winning.

Transfer In

View attachment 261826

I took a risk signing Sergio however I needed a CB as my other 1st choice is ageing. He doesn't look fantastic however my scouts believe he has great potential and I'll defiantly give him a chance to develop in the first team.

*no player of the month as players only featured in 3 games at the most

February

We qualify for the next round of the Europa League.
Anderlecht pull further and further away in the title race.

View attachment 261878

Another successful month. Yet again we had a 100% record in the league which has put us so far in front of our rivals. In the league games I have been playing all my youth that I feel will one day have the potential to make it into the first team, therefore to keep on winning is really pleasing.

Europa League

View attachment 261880View attachment 261881

I'm pleased to get through and yet again our home result was pure class. I'm still looking to find an effective formation to use whilst away from home.

Next up:

View attachment 261884

League Table

View attachment 261882

In two games time the league will break off into the play-offs again and we'll see how far we are from clinching the title.

Player of the Month
View attachment 261883
Martin Majer
Despite playing with makeshift backfours in recent games Martin's performance have always been in the mid 7's which is good seeing that he's be thrown into the first team at such a young age.

March

Extremely poor youth intake.
Two victories in the Europa League as we qualify for the next round.
League splits into play-offs.

View attachment 262033

Europa League

View attachment 262034View attachment 262035

A victory away from home! Securing both wins against Gladbach is fantastic and I can now look forward to the latter stages of the competition.

Next Up:

View attachment 262040

A tough draw. Not only are we against a strong Napoli who still have Hamsik and Cavani but if we manage to go through we'll face Arsenal in the semi's again. This is posibly the hardest draw I could have got with Porto being the strongest team in the other side of the draw.

Championship Play-Off

View attachment 262036

A victory against Standard next month should ensure that we retain the title. With us so far ahead I can't see anyone catching us up.

Other News

View attachment 262038

One of my aims in to become the Belgium manager and it would be great to manage them as they host the European Championships. Hopefully by then Belgium will be a more competitve nation, so I'll try my best to produce great home grown talent. Sadly this month our youth intake has been extremely disapointing. Considering we have class facilities this is probably the worst youth intake I've ever had in this edition of the game.

Player of the Month

View attachment 262039
Hugo Rodallega

He hasn't been as prolific as last season but Hugo sparked into life this month scoring 6 goals. It looks like he could score as many goals as he did last year but he's also played alot more game.

Last edited:

April

Anderlecht suffer shock defeat in the Belgian Cup.
Anderlecht beat Napoli at home but lose away.
We're crowned league champions.

View attachment 262065

Poor performances in the cup competitions mean our season is as good as over. We didn't deserve to get knocked out the Belgian cup as we created a fair few chances over the two legs. Sadly what is a usually clinical strikeforce failed to take advantage. Despite getting knocked out the Europa League I was pleased we managed to get a win over what I consider to be a very strong Napoli squad.

Europa League

View attachment 262066View attachment 262067

It's so annoying to keep getting put under pressure due to our poor form away from home in Europe. During the pre-season I'll look to play a few top European teams in a bid to come up with a tactic that will stop us collapsing. I believe once I've addressed this problem we could put a real challenge to win a European competition.

Even more annoying Arsenal were knocked out meaning I would have faced Lille in the semi's!

Championship Play-Off

View attachment 262068

Winning the league is always pleasing how this season we've done it in style. Only losing 1 game (so far) is a real accomplishment and I'll look to push forward and try to remain a whole season unbeaten, as I feel our squad are capable of that.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262069
Dieumerci Mbokani
Six goals and a few assists is always a pleasing run of form. The goals the season have been spread along my frontline which is good as I'd rather that than to just rely on one player.

May/Season Review

View attachment 262095

Final League Table

View attachment 262096

Our performance in the league has improved since last season which is positive. I will look to kick on next season which looks like it could be one of the last for many members of the first team as the majority of the squad are around the age of 27, 28 and therefore I'll like to cash in on them before they devaule too much.

The improvement in Champions League seedings means that our pre-seasons will not be interupted by the early qualification stages. Within a few years it looks like Belguim could have more clubs in the Europa League so hopefully that will benefit the nation and clubs can begin to improve to a higher standard.

July/Pre-Season

A few experienced members of the first team are sold.
Anderlecht struggle to bring in many signings.
We defeat Standard in the Super Cup.

View attachment 262231

It's always good to win the Super Cup, especially against your rivals. This year it was more important as with a number of first team players leaving I needed to see if the squad could cope against one of the top teams in Belgium. Thankfully we destroyed Standard and I'll now look to move forward and aim to remain unbeaten throughout the domestic season.

Transfers In

View attachment 262234

Benjamin Piotrowski
View attachment 262235
Another good prospect at center back. With Majer and Sanchez lacking aerial ability I wanted to secure a player who can cope with high balls, especially during the away Champions League games when I may play a deeper line of defense. All three prospect will be rotated in and out the side to ensure they all get enough first team action.

Pape Souare
View attachment 262236
With the first choice left back refusing to sign a new deal I was given no option but to sell him and bring in Souare. Souare isn't a long-term signing but whilst I'm looking for a long term left back he'll provide decent cover in that position.

With a month to go I'm still looking for signings and I have a 25mil budget to spend big. Saying that I'm only prepared to spend if I believe the player will be worth the money and I'll not just spend the money just because I've got it.

Transfers Out

View attachment 262237

A few first team members including Juhasz, Safari and Mbokani were entering the last year of their contract and with them all in their late twenties I decided it would be better to spend the money and invest in younger prospects.

Last edited:

August

The aim for an unbeaten season ends, after the first game!
Anderlecht handed a tough group in the Champions League.
No new signings this month.

View attachment 262334

The league season couldn't get off to a worse start. The game was actually end-to-end, however due to injuries and a red card we ended the game with only 8 players on the pitch. I put the defeat down to just extremely bad luck and our performances after the game prove that. Not only did we concede a few amount of goals with a young defence, we also scored for fun. The team bounced back from the disapointing start and hopefully we can take that form into the Champions League next month.

Champions League

View attachment 262335

Like last year once again we've been handed a tough group. Hopefully with new tactics we can get surprise results away from home and also ensure our home form remains consistant. I feel as long as the new tactics work we have a real chance of going through.

League Table

View attachment 262336

Despite being defeated in the opening game, Standard's indifferent form this month has resulted in us securing top spot. As the unbeaten season is already in impossible I'll look to play all my youth throughout the season as long as we remain 1st.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262337
Hugo Rodallega
20 goals in a month is unbelievable! The whole team have been scoring goals for fun this month but Rodallega has been lethal.

Hi, I'm a big Anderlecht fan. Could you please make a screenshot of your current tactic with players? Thanks by advance :)

September

100% record in the league.
Anderlecht unlucky to lose to Bayern Munich.
Rodallega increases his goals to over 30 for the season.

View attachment 262378

Playing some of the smaller teams in the league meant that a 100% record always looked likely. With Hugo Rodallega grabbing six goals against Oostende he managed to increase his goals for this season to over thirty. The Bayern game was a tale of two half's. In the first half they were creating chance after chance however only managed to grab one goal. In the second half it was us that created all the chances however we failed to convert.

Champions League

View attachment 262379

Losing at home to Bayern puts more pressure on us as it means we'll have to secure results away from home. I still have faith we can go through as I believe we didn't deserve to lose the game and therefore the team is capable of been a threat to both City and Bayern.

League Table

View attachment 262380

it's good to see Standard slipping up, hopefully they won't be a threat this season. Saying that this could be the first season when our other rivals Club Brugge finally challenge for the title.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262381
Nzeza Zakuani
Over recent months Zakuani's atributes have started to improve at a higher rate and with that he's started to become much more of an asset to the team. 18 assists and it's only the end of September, one thing Zakuani needs to improve is his scoring however last season he bagged a few goals so maybe soon he'll soon start to bag a few more chances.

Hi, I'm a big Anderlecht fan. Could you please make a screenshot of your current tactic with players? Thanks by advance :)

View attachment 262382

Hope thats ok. Obviously I changed player instuctions drastically but it's too long to screenshot all of them. When you say screenshot of players, do you mean just the line up like the image above? or individual screenshots of their attributes?

October

The big wins just keep on coming.
Another faultless month domestically.
Anderlecht draw against Man City.

View attachment 262450

The good form continues. Putting 6 past Rosenborg and 7 past Waasland-Beveren was pleasing. The big game this month was definitely the tie against Man City. If we lost that game I believe we would have stood no chance in qualifying however thankfully we managed to get the draw. We pressed City all game however they always looked a threat via set-pieces. I don't know whether playing Sanchez and Majer together will be good over the long term as it gives the opposition a huge advantage, hopefully Piotrowski can start to improve as he has the ability to be very good in the air.

On other news for some reason youth prospects Majer, Zakuani, Ollivier etc seem to be improving at a much considerable rate compared to last season which is nice to see.

Champions League

View attachment 262451

All comes down to the much talked about away tactics now. With Bayern and Man City both away it's make or break time. A win against either club would hopefully be enough to see us through.

League Table

View attachment 262452

With a 8 point lead over Standard and Club Brugge dropping off massively I feel the league is as good as ours, even at this early stage.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262453
Hugo Rodallega
He's on 42 goals and we're about a third of the way through the season. I cannot wait to see his tally at the end of the season we've just got to hope he remains injury free.

I'm sorry, but I can't open the picture. Btw I just ment one screenshot of your current line-up. Hope you can do that, cheers.

Quiet observer here, I must say I find this story quite fascinating, watching you choose a team that cant really atm get anywhere near European dominance initially and watching you try achieve it is pretty awesome. Great story mate keep it up!

I have been reading this since the beginning and I love every single update

November

Injuries mount up.
Anderlecht are knocked out the Champions League.
Standard beat Anderlecht yet again.

View attachment 262546

After a good result against Man City I believed we stood a chance of securing qualification to the Champions League knockout rounds. However by the time the Bayern game came around injuries to our entire squad was evident and the lack of depth became clear. Bayern completely outdid us and with City securing victory over Rosenborg we were knocked out. After the Bayern game we had a tough game against title rivals Standard. With our squad now also tired from the midweek fixture we were unable to really compete with our rivals and Standard deserved the victory.

The depth in our squad worries me, especially when fixtures become congested towards the end of the season. With this in mind I’ve hired a lot more scouts and I’ll look to strengthen the squad in January to ensure injuries will not have such a big impact again.

Champions League

View attachment 262545

Looks like it's another year in the Europa League. Again I'm aiming to win this competition, I just hope we'll be able to avoid the big teams as last season I feel we got the hardest possible draw.

League Table

View attachment 262544

We've really slipped up in the league this month. We still have a big advantage over our rivals so has long as we get back to winning ways again I still think we'll win the title.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262542
Nzeza Zakuani
Rodallega may be scoring goal after goal but Zakuani is providing assist after assist. Zakuani looks like he could have all the ideal attributes to become a poacher so in a few years I'll be looking for him to take over Hugo in the center of my strike force.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 262547

Belgium appoint new manager.

After failing to qualify for the World Cup Belguim's Manager retired leaving me with the opportunity to take over the nation. I believe with the strength of the national team we should at least be qualifying for international tournaments.

With no International tournament for two years I'll look to cull the squad of players I don't believe will be young enough to be in the team for the European Championships in two year’s time. My personal aim is to challenge for the European Championships by 2020 as Belgium are hosting the competition.

In the long-term I'd like to win Belgium's first World Cup and achieve 1st in the Fifa World rankings. As I'm managing one of Belgium's top clubs I know there is alot of responsibility on me to produce young talent good enough to achieve these aims.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I can't open the picture. Btw I just ment one screenshot of your current line-up. Hope you can do that, cheers.

for some reason when I just post a pic into an instant reply it won't load. I'll provide a screenshot in the next update

Quiet observer here, I must say I find this story quite fascinating, watching you choose a team that cant really atm get anywhere near European dominance initially and watching you try achieve it is pretty awesome. Great story mate keep it up!

Thanks. I'm enjoying the challenge, hopefully in a few years once these youngsters reach their potential we'll begin to challenge.

Back