Building A Dynasty - Anderlecht

December

Form starts to improve.
Anderlecht qualify for the Quarter Final of the Belgian Cup.
The Europa league knockout rounds are drawn.

View attachment 262579

Even though we still have a fair few injuries and don't have a full bench we managed to win most of our games which is pleasing. The defeat to Kortrijk may look shocking but as we played 4 games in 10 days I believe tiredness took it's toll on the team. After the weeks break we came back to beat bitter rivals Club Brugge which goes to show that tirdness may have played a factor in the defeat.

Tactics

View attachment 262583

I usually have the ball going to the feet of the target man however I was testing things out. Also player instructions are changed a fair bit.(screenshot taken in september)

Europa League

View attachment 262581

After seeing the draw I would expect us to qualify for the latter stages of the competition. With teams such as Chelsea, Napoli and Liverpool also in the competion I'll be hopeing that we recieve favourable draws later down the line.

League Table

View attachment 262582

The 7 point lead is good however when the league breaks up Standard will be much closer than that so therefore we still have alot to do in order to retain the title.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262584
Guillaume Gillet
Bagging 4 goals and 2 assists is a fantastic return as due to injuries Gillet has been forced to play in games where usually he would not be considered fit enough to start.

January

Anderlecht sign a promising prospect from Genk.
We are drawn against Standard in the Belgian Cup Semi Final.
A 100% record this month.

View attachment 262621

The winter break came at a good time, the squad is now fully fit. It's first time in a while when we've had an 100% record, I'm just hoping with the Europa Leaue coming up we maintain this form. The reputation of the club is still too low as a number of targets refused to talk to the club therefore we must start qualifying for the latter stages of the Champions League so we can sign the best young talent.

Tranfer in

Raffaele Montella

View attachment 262622

I've been chaseing Montella for a number of years however up untill now he refused to talk to us. He came up through the Genk academy and acutally has duel-nationallity, however he's refusing to accept a call-up to Belgium at the moment. I'm hoping further down the line that he'll play for Belgium and I he'll go straight into the Anderlecht starting 11.

League Table

View attachment 262624

Still a seven point gap. This season is going to go right down to the wire and we may have to wait a while for the title to be confirmed, unlike other seasons.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262625
Hugo Rodallega
He's now on 67 goals! This is now officially he's best campaign and it's only Febuary.

February

Another 100% record.
Anderlecht into the next round of the Europa League.
Board agree to improve our training facilities.

View attachment 262657

Another good month in which we won every game. All month we've been in fine scoring form scoring at least 3 goals in every game up untill the final game of the month against Olympiakos where the players took it easy with qualification as good as secured.

Europa League

View attachment 262663View attachment 262665

With an expected victory against Olympiakos we are now in to the next round which will see us face Galatasaray.

League Table

View attachment 262658

Our recent good form has seen us increase the lead. Next month the league will break off into the play-offs then we'll see where we stand.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262659
Coutinho
After being in and out since signing last season Coutinho has started perfoming consistantly and bagged many goals this month.

March

Poor youth intake yet again.
Anderlecht qualify for the Quater finals of the Europa League.
Another high goalscoring month.

View attachment 262671

Another fantastic month yet again. We're now heading into the most important part of the season so hopefully we'll be able to keep this run going for a little longer yet. Rodallega is getting extremely close to reaching 100 goals this year which is unbelievable!

The youth intake this month has been poor yet again, one player is considered to have potential good enough for the first team however if I want to dominant Europe I don't feel he's good enough.

Europa League

View attachment 262672

Tough draw yet again but with the other side of the draw having teams such as Liverpool and Napoli whoever we were drawn against would have been hard.

Championship Play-off

View attachment 262673

With a big lead in the league we'll be able to pay full attention to our important Europa League games which are coming up.

Player of the Month

View attachment 262674
Lucas Biglia
Lucas has been extremely creative this month, creating numerous assists and chances for our front line. His performances in Europe have been a particular highlight.

April

Anderlecht retain title.
We lose out due to away goals in the Europa League.
Injury means it will be close for Rodallega to reach 100 goals.

View attachment 262755

Retaining the title is always a good feeling. I'm hoping we'll be able to do the domestic double this season we missed out on it last year. The first leg in the Europa league went well and was a game I felt we we derserved to win, creating more clear cut chances than Zenit.

The second leg we were missing strikers Rodallega and Suarez who were sorely missed. Zakuani was promoted to poacher and he had his worst game in an Anderlecht shirt, missing many chances which resulted in him recieving a 5.5 rating. Due to the disapointing end in Europe yet again I'll look to spend big next season and I already have a few big targets in mind.

Europa League

View attachment 262756View attachment 262757

It's dissapointing to go out, especillay as I believed we were the better team. I'm hoping this will be the last season in the Europa League as next season I'll be looking to qualify for the Champions League knockout rounds.

Championship Play-off

View attachment 262758

We retained the title once again. Standard seem to be improving slightly year after year so maybe with the better Champions League seedings the league will start to become more competitive.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262759
Mathieu Ollivier
Despite conceding a few goals at the start of the month Ollivier has been in fantastic form and we probably would have conceded more if it wasn't for him.

Wow - 133 goals!!!!! And I thought I done something special with Newcastle when I got 125 odd - I remember there was a 150 goal challenge a while back.

Anyway - great work!

May/End of Season Review

Anderlecht win the Belgian Cup.
Rodallega reaches 100 goals in style.

View attachment 262786

Belgian Cup Final

View attachment 262787

What a game. Before the match Rodallega needed a goal to reach 100 for the season, which he did in style by scoring 4. Rodallega and Zakuani were both fantastic and extremely clinical.

Final League Table

View attachment 262788

Although we won the league I'm not happy with the amount of games we lost. Next season I'll be aiming to remain unbeaten and in order to do that the squad clearly need to be strengthened as it lacks depth at the moment. Also with our youngsters having another season under their belts I expect them to improve and play at an even high level.

Wow - 133 goals!!!!! And I thought I done something special with Newcastle when I got 125 odd - I remember there was a 150 goal challenge a while back.

Anyway - great work!

thanks, I don't think I've ever scored so much before. 125 with Newcastle is fantastic, epecially considering the higher standard of league.

Great stuff mate, Hugo is scoring for fun!!! KIU pal

View attachment 262807

Good start against Portugal and Belarus.
Zakuani is handed debut.
The draw is made for the European Champioship Qualifying groups.

Portugal Vs Belguim
View attachment 262808

A good start against a decent Portugal team. I used as many subs as possible in order to see how each player performs. It's also worth noteing that I'm using the same tactics as I do with Anderlecht. I usually use tactics depending on the players I have available in International teams however as I'm expecting most Belgium players to come up through my Anderlecht academy I decided to use the same tactics. Zakuani impressed on his debut and didn't look like the step up was too big for him.

Belguim Vs Belarus
View attachment 262809

Getting our first win under our belt was fantastic. We looked really good and outplayed Belarus, this was evident with the fact that we didn't even give away a shot on target. Our frontline should have bagged more chances, this shows that Zakuani still needs to improve and become more clinical before I move him to the center of the 3 up top.

European Championship Qualifying group

View attachment 262810

Although we were seeded second for the draw after looking at the squads I'd put us a favourites to go through. I think we have a really strong squad with the likes of Hazzard, Lukaku, Kompany etc and therefore we should be winning most games although we're only seeded 25th in the world.

*The Portugal game was played in March but I forgot to update :S

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

July

Anderlecht win the Super Cup.
A few signings come in.

View attachment 262814

Transfers in

View attachment 262815

Fernando
View attachment 262816
We the aim to reach the knockout rounds of the Champions League Fernando will improve our defense and hopefully ensure that we don't look as weak defensively away from home.

Khouma Babacar
View attachment 262817
The lack of depth upfront was apparent last season and the main factor why we didn't progress further in the Europa League. Babacar will provide quality upfront and in the long-term I expect him to be challenging Zakuani for the position in the center of the front 3.

Neuton
View attachment 262818
Neuton will be an important individual and I'll look to play him in the must win games as he's at a higher standard than the rest of the defense. The younger defenders will still be rotated in and out the side as I only see Neuton as a short-term signing till they reach their potential.

Gomes
View attachment 262819
With my back-up keeper looking to leave Gomes will provide cover with the posibility of starting the Champions League games as he is considered a better player than Ollivier.

Transfers Out

View attachment 262820

Both were back-up players so I was delighted to be able to sell them at such a high value. Although both players are in their early 20's I don't feel they'll ever be at a good enough standard to start in the first team.

August

Great start to season.
Champions League groups are drawn.
Babacar settles in well.

View attachment 262821

A fantastic start to the season. The new signings have settled in extremely well. Neuton has helped our defense who has yet to concede a goal and Babacar has not only scored but created loads of goals. The games next month is when the real test starts as the level of opposition goes up a notch.

Champions League

View attachment 262822

Considering we were seeded in the second pot the draw hasn't been too favourable. Yet again we'll face Bayern I'm hoping that we can finally improve on last seasons performances against them and secure the win which will hopefully see us qualify for the next round.

League Table

View attachment 262823

Great start to the season and already 4 points infront of our rivals. However saying that we have been playing some of the weakest teams in the league.

Player of the Month
View attachment 262827
Khouma Babacar

Babacar has settled in brilliantly. Scoring 5 goals and 7 assists I fantastic. He has made us alot more clinical upfront. ___________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 262826
Brazil outclass Belgium

Brazil Vs Belguim
View attachment 262825
Playing a high line clearly played into Brazil's hands. Their goals came from through balls which split the defense open. I'll see how we perform in September however if we don't perform considerably better I'll look to change our tactics. On a positive note Zakuani scored his first goal for Belgium, lets hope it's the first of many.

Last edited:
Just read through your story mate must say im really enjoying how you've turned Anderlecht into a top class side, keep it up mate, following :)

check out my story with FC Twenteif you have some spare time mate, im mid-way through my 4th season with the club, just recently got back to the story as i was away on holiday and etc, would appreciate it if you gave your feedback on it :) cheers mate.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/100800-fc-twente-|-road-glory-11.html

Back