Building a dynasty, - Unemployed, uneducated, unwanted.

TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 119635

View attachment 119634

Here I am, about to delve into my first steps of management (well maybe try to), Whilst growing up since the fond age of 14, I have always had a keen interest in football but not like any normal teenager. At that time I started to take a deep interest into playing styles of teams and how their style could be adapted or changed against opposition. Most youngsters just enjoy watching their favourite teams albeit on TV or pitchside if your lucky enough to have a ticket. I, however used to analyse the stats of teams and how they would fare against others and it intrigues me to the point where I cut my playing time short to focus on the managerial side of the game, I wanted to create my own identity in playing style and I would happily go wherever I could to get my first steps into management. I would go to just about any country in the world to get on the ladder and try make a name for myself in this footballing world. I have often thought to myself what sort of manager would I be? A sort of Pep Guardiola-style trying to keep the possession from the back and fashion out chances for fun? Probably not just yet as I won't be starting with superstars who have the ability. Tony Pulis? Adapt an approach with a big robust teams who can intimidate opposition and bully them off the park and hoping to suffocate them into a defeat? I'm not sure that approach works for me as football has adapted heavily from the 80s and the modern game has moved on leaps and bounds.

I want to do what very few English managers do in the modern game and I want to eventually manage abroad if given the correct opportunity to spread my wings and gain more knowledge of the game from different countries and build up my player knowledge.

Let's apply for some jobs.

Last edited:
''Not Enough Experience''

View attachment 119620
View attachment 119633

Trying my luck in Denmark proved to be a wasted plane journey and waste of funds for me. Only to get a call back around 5 hours after my interview from the chairman to say I came across very well but the fact I've never managed a team before they cannot afford to take that risk on me.

View attachment 119627
Serbia was my next port of call, I was interested in this job hugely and put my neck out saying I would happily accept a 6-month rolling contract I was that confident I could take the team forward and if anything was to go wrong they didn't have to pay compensation. Again we came to no avail.

View attachment 119626

View attachment 119624

The last of the funds I had in my bank account for plane tickets I used to try forge a move in Italy. Apart from tossing around pasta and eating the odd pizza and that everybody is called Giovanni or Marco. I was met with a huge slam to the face to basically get to both interviews and without speaking fluent Italian they wasn't interested. They wanted their own guys, own homebred Italians. I doubt i'll be rushing back to Italy in the not too distant future.

View attachment 119622

View attachment 119623

On my way back to England I managed to snag an interview in Spain. I was met with the same fate as my previous few interviews; no luck whatsoever. I just needed that little break and somebody to take a chance on me. I was a good, confident speaker and felt like I made a great connection but I have no profile. It was time to head back home to England and try find something abit more closer to home. Apply to every godsend job on this earth.

View attachment 119621

Last edited:
View attachment 119614View attachment 119613

Upon returning to England and applying for plenty of jobs, some not even got a call back I was approached by these two clubs. Both offer very different options with Ards being in the top division in Wales would give me the opportunity to try build them up in the league and try and eventually match with TNS. Notts County on the other hand have a very rich heritage and I was suprised to be approached after being turned away from many non-league teams in the Conference National and Conference North. A very respectable club and the oldest one in the Football League. Both want mid-table but I feel with a bigger wage budget, transfer budget and almost double the wage in the contract there was only one correct decision.

View attachment 119609

Somehow, I've managed to land myself my first management job in League 2. I'm delighted to be in charge of such a big club in Notts County. I have my heart set on the very top but everyone needs a platform to begin, I'll not ever put off working at a lower level either as that is where I have come from and I'll be keeping my feet on the ground. With the board appointing me with a contract till the end of the season they just want the team to be solid and base truer targets next season.

View attachment 119608

Atleast I've not taken over a sinking ship, the club have only conceded 3 goals once this season which is a positive and can be turned around with a little defensive tuning and they are often losing game by the odd goal which in this league is usually the fine margins. The club started off excellently going on a 6-game unbeaten run which I'll be reminding them of when I first get into training tomorrow that they are good players and that doesn't happen for a reason. It is a new start and the previous results do not matter, our season starts now and everyone is playing to impress me and earn that contract. What I am impressed with is that I'm coming in to the team on the back of two wins so they should carry that momentum alongside the fact with a new manager coming in to their advantage.

View attachment 119607

A few positive results will propel us forward and away from a relegation battle. I'm going to see tomorrow at the training ground what I have at my disposal and make my way from there. My first move was to make veteran player Alan Smith my assistant. A respected player in the game with a illustrious career at Leeds United and Man Utd and with him wanting to hang his boots up, I want him as my right hand man and that little bit of experience.

View attachment 119604

View attachment 119601
View attachment 119602

View attachment 119599

Defender Laing will be the heart of our defence, he's already been earmarked for greater things in the game. He's a tall lad who's a ball-winning no-nonsense defender. I'll be looking for him to be our commander at the back and try and stop the team leaking goals and trying to tighten up the shape of us a little bit.

View attachment 119598

O'Connor brings a wealth of experience to the squad with 11 caps for Northern Ireland to his name I'll be calling on him to marshall the squad together and have him as the player who will be breaking up opponent attacks and just retaining the ball for us. Still plenty to offer at the ripe age of 29, pace has never been a huge part of his game but his experience will be vital for us.

View attachment 119597

Veteran Jon Stead will be spearheading our attack this season. Bearing in mind he's plied most of his trade in the Championship during his career he's a handful for anybody and can absolutely transform a game on it's head. Bearing in mind most people think Jon's a target man, his tally of 11 goals in 43 games last year isn't to be snarled at as I'll be looking for him to hold up as the main aspect of his game.

View attachment 119595

As my first few days have gone, I think the squad is excellent and Shaun Derry was just unlucky with a few unjustified decisions and luck not being on his side. It's an excellent squad with some excellent options at my disposal I believe the squad will click anytime soon. We've got a full week to prepare for our game against Colchester who are flying high in the league and just sitting comfortably inside the play-off places and we will be at our best to get anything from the game.

What I'm looking for in our first game is solidity and to not let them play their game. If we was to draw every game away from home and win them at our stomping ground then I would be delighted. I've said to the boys to go out with an open mind to impress me but at the same time remember what we are working on in training.

View attachment 119592

View attachment 119581

View attachment 119580

Gone with a very narrow formation today, the idea being Colchester have had most of their joy in the middle of the pitch in recent games after watching them repeatedly over the past few days. With this comes a risk of leaving the wings completely open but if we win the midfield battle we should see a greater proportion of the ball. I've gone risky with two strikers away from home but I believe Jon Stead will need someone alongside him with no width I believe we will have to get runners in-behind which I have assigned the role to Adam Campbell.

View attachment 119579

View attachment 119578

Stead (9'), O.G (58'), Forte (88')

Excellent performance and a great away win. Star of the show today was the big man Jon Stead he bullied Colchester's defence today and within the closure of the first half all four of their defenders had been yellow carded due to his sheer physicality. A goal and an assist earned him Man Of The Match. We played excellent and my only concern was that we looked a little bit vunerable on the wings when Colchester came forward but we rode the storm, it is something we can assess and look at but a good away win to start our tenure at Notts County football club.

View attachment 119572

View attachment 119570

View attachment 119569

Very disappointing result. We stood off Doncaster from the first minute and found ourselves behind in the first 10 minutes. Two world class free-kicks added to their tally but we wasn't at the races today and they showed their class to finish off the game. I've warned the players I'm here to pick the best possible team and January is just around the corner, if they aren't putting in 100% they will be moved on with immediate effect.

View attachment 119568

View attachment 119556

View attachment 119555

View attachment 119554
Campbell (68')

Footballs showing how cruel it can be to us. Controlling the majority of the game and should of gone on to win the game after the second half we produced we come away with nothing again. We are too slow out the blocks to start the game and struggle to get into our rhythm. I slightly tweaked the tactic 2nd half and we looked far more dangerous so we will continue that in training.

View attachment 119552

View attachment 119550

Reviewing December

View attachment 119548

My personal aim was atleast 4 points but we managed 3. I can see where it is evident we need to improve, with no clean sheet I find it important with January just round the corner to make some additions to the defensive department as I feel we are very light. I have a few targets in mind to toughen up our back line.

View attachment 119544

Not ideal at all being 6 points from the drop but I believe with a few additions in January it will stand us in good stead and our form will improve. We just need to be a much more solid unit and harder to break down which we are working relentlessly on in training, day in and day out.

View attachment 119543

We start with a tough trip to Cambridge who are absolutely flying in the league in the automatic promotion spots so we will have to be at our best to get anything from the fixture but the remaining fixtures I believe we have a better team than them and should look to earn a positive outcome from each match.

Last edited:
View attachment 119532

View attachment 119530

We bring in Max Clark from Hull for the remainder of the season. I've played against Max in real life beforehand and you could always tell he was going to go onto better things, his versatility is a key attribute aswell as a left foot as good as a sledgehammer he will add to the depth of the squad.

View attachment 119521

View attachment 119520

View attachment 119519

One word: Frustrating.
Having a penalty saved summed up our day with Daniel Nizic probably with the performance of his life which has denied us our 3rd away win on the bounce. He was incredible today today and has earned his wage as we barraged 23rd placed Morecambe but they withstood our barrage. Nevertheless although it feels like 2 points dropped, I said I'd be happy going away and getting a point every time we play.

View attachment 119518

View attachment 119513

View attachment 119512

View attachment 119510
Campbell (42'), Laing (45'), O'Connor (85', 90')

What a fantastic comeback from the team which showed unbelievable character! I thought it was going to be a thumping when we was 2-0 down within the firs third of the game and Mansfield was picking us apart. There was too much space in the midfield and before waiting till half-time I decided to change things instantly.

View attachment 119509View attachment 119508

We started with our away tactic after having most of our success away from home so maybe it would work at home but being too negative infront of our home fans backfired and we was getting picked apart by a good footballing team in the wide areas. We sacrificed an extra man in the middle to have more width about us and within 10 minutes we was level going into half-time. Maybe a masterstroke from the manager? I'll let the players have the credit. Going into the second half the momentum was with us after knocking the stuffing out of Mansfield and skipper O'Connor came off the bench to score two wonderful free-kicks which Andrea Pirlo would of been proud to trademark. We take home all 3 points in a exciting encounter.

View attachment 119507

View attachment 119503

View attachment 119502

View attachment 119500

Campbell (32'), Stead (58'), Snijders (80'), Forte (90+1')

Decided today to match Grimsby in a 4-4-2 system as I felt we had better individuals than them and if we won our individual battles then we should be in control of the game. We did exactly that and Grimsby couldn't cope with the demand we was supplying. A great performance from young Jordan Richards who has been recently drafted into the first team by me after being in the reserves. He possesses excellent ability and raw pace which makes him a frightening player to defend against and he is still improving.

View attachment 119499

View attachment 119498

View attachment 119497

View attachment 119496

Probably one of the best 0-0 games you will experience if your a fan. It was end to end with neither team being clinical to put the other to bed. Again, we went with the 4-4-2 as it had served us well previously and it looked as the game was going for a draw until the 87th minute when Duffy gave away a silly penalty and picked up his 2nd yellow and it looked like we had chucked away a good point but the penalty was missed and we clung on.

View attachment 119495

Keep the faith.

View attachment 119494

View attachment 119493

Reviewing January

View attachment 119492

Well when I said I wanted us to be more solid in December the squad has been excellent. Defensively we was absolutely sound and the only game we conceded more than one was down to my own personal mistake and we managed to haul back a two-goal deficit.

View attachment 119491

What a great turn around now we are closer to the playoffs than the relegation places. I've told this group of players I trusted them when I come, I just needed their trust and how they have repaid me.

Player of the Month

View attachment 119490
Adam Campbell

The striker has been in deadly form this month and formed a formidable partnership with Jon Stead and seen him bag 3 goals this month. He was touted for good things when he was younger and now we just know why.

View attachment 119489

Tough month ahead with difficult games against table toppers Leyton Orient and high-flying Plymouth. We are on a good run though and I back us against anybody.

View attachment 119485

One in, one out at County.

View attachment 119461

Stanley Aborah departs for Central Coast Mariners for £40,000. Stanley needed regular playing time and we couldn't offer him that so he moves on with our best wishes.

View attachment 119460

In comes George Saville on loan from Wolves. An ex-Chelsea youth player has bags of ability and needs regular football. He looks like an excellent player who will slot into our team nicely and improve us.

View attachment 119457
View attachment 119456

View attachment 119455

Edwards (15'), Stead (36')

A very good 3 away points today, a ****** and grab as pundits would describe it. Accrington did everything they could today and the referee was our saviour today as I believe Accrington should have had 2 clear penalties and if I was the manager today the referee would of had both barrels from me. Nevertheless we take our luck when it comes and go back home from Liverpool with 3 points.

View attachment 119454

Well done for landing Notts County! Sure you'll do well and secure mid-table easy enough, next season will be the real test I feel.

Ah John Stead, not heard that name in a while!

Great layout and info mate, keep it up.

Great username too haha

Well done for landing Notts County! Sure you'll do well and secure mid-table easy enough, next season will be the real test I feel.

Ah John Stead, not heard that name in a while!

Great layout and info mate, keep it up.

Great username too haha

Thanks to both of you guys. John Stead seems to have been around forever haha!