Building a dynasty, - Unemployed, uneducated, unwanted.

View attachment 119011

A very weak excuse from the board.

I wasn't looking for jobs, I had enough on my plate here at Notts County. I feel I inherited a poor squad with little room to adapt it and I will admit I was a little out of my depth jumping straight in at League Two level. I'll still carry on my journey to rise to be one of the best managers in the world although it seems a million years away. I have made a huge lesson in terms of players and their personalities as alot went hiding when things got tough. I just hope my next journey is a successful one.

View attachment 119007

Manager achievements to date:

Sky Bet League Two Manager of the Month x 1

View attachment 118524

Here I am, my next destination in South Korea. I met with my Korean representatives shortly after departing from Notts County. They are a small neighboring city to South Korean giants Seoul. It is a very different job than those I could have easily taken falling further down the English ladder, I wanted to test myself in a foreign country. Whilst the club has only been formed 10 years their stock has risen dramatically and look to be kept in good shape by a forward thinking chairman.

View attachment 118522

The club are going OK in the league, I've been brought in to try and pump us up the league after the recent manager departed. We have some good quality at our disposal here after my first few days in training, I look forward to having a talented squad at my disposal and I hope I can push the team on to better things.

With just 5 months on the deal I was given, I have alot to prove in a short time. Hopefully I can push the team forwards and then next season re-assess where we are in pre-season.

View attachment 118517

The Sengalese man will be all so important for us should we want to move forward. He's a beast and possesses a great scoring record whilst here in Korea. Boasting an impressive C.V. He has reached double figures 6 times in the last 8 seasons and will be our main vocal point of goals this year.

View attachment 118516

Our other key player is Brazilian; Edson Farias. A very nippy and direct winger with good feet and an eye for the goal, some would say a poor mans Coutinho. I hope the Brazilian shows some of his South American flair in the upcoming matches.

Lets get this party started.

View attachment 118513

View attachment 118508

I've taken young Ali Husni Faisal on trial for a week after him coming across me at a recent trial match I had arranged. I'll see how he fits in with the boys before I make a decision, he was the one real player which stood out and if he can take that form into our training sessions then we may have landed ourselves a gem.

View attachment 118507

After just a few days my mind had been made up. He looks a quality player who's future I see at a much higher level. Even after his first day in training some of the lads was saying how much quality he possesses and what a valuable asset he would be to our squad.

When we entered negotiations it wasn't even a hard choice. The lads not bothered about money he just wants to concentrate on his football and see where it takes him. I sat him down and said this will only be a short term option for his career as he will be playing in Europe one day if he carries on and trains hard. It looks like we signed a real gem. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

View attachment 118259

View attachment 118257

View attachment 118256
Nan Song (87')

A stern test for us against top of the league today. They was better than us individually but I felt it was a very even game and on another day we could have got something from the game. I've told the lads not to be downbeat about the result as Goyang are leading the battle and will win more than they lose this season, we move onto the next game.

View attachment 118253

View attachment 118241

View attachment 118240

View attachment 118239

Excellent result today. The best performance I've seen so far from the boys. Twice we went ahead and twice we was pegged back but this didn't deter the boys attitude. Against promotion chasing Daegu we was the more dominant team and looked the only team who was out there to win it. I'm so proud of the boys and have let them know I expect future performances to be of the same ilk.

UP THE BUCHEON!!!

View attachment 118237

View attachment 118235
Reviewing July

View attachment 118233

Considering in my first month in charge we played the top two I'm delighted with the results. We are free-scoring currently and I'm not worrying about clean sheets if we can outscore our opponents. It's free-flowing attacking, attractive football which when our front 3 exchange it's a delight to see at times. We still have work to do but it's a very positive vibe right now in the Bucheon camp.

View attachment 118232

All still to play for in the league but we are making the right steps forward. Hopefully when the team fully adapt to the system and tactics we will move forward. An expectation of mid-table is our target but I want to surpass that and try push for that 4th spot.

Player of the Month

View attachment 1088715

Andre Senghor

The guys goalscoring exploits are brilliant. He's a great all-round striker who's goals have been vital for us, not only that but he's a huge team player doing the unselfish running and closing down for us. Being the top goalscorer in the league I've challenged Andre to hold onto that title come the end of the season, a little personal bet between me and him.

View attachment 118229

A packed month! But we are playing alot of teams around us which will give us a more true reflection next month. Hopefully we can play aswell as we have in the past month and we shouldn't be too far wrong. Really hope the lads rally together and show this league how good we actually are.

View attachment 118187

View attachment 118186

View attachment 118185

Very much a ****** and grab game. Going into half time it was a very boring stalemate with neither team wanting to give away too much. We came out in the 2nd half revitalized and within 2 minutes we was ahead thanks to Andre's sheer physical presence bullying the centre half for strength and dispatching into the top corner which gave the keeper no chance. From that we went a little more defensive at around the 70th minute mark to try and solidify us as a defensive unit and we withstood Busan's late barrage and in claiming the away victory we also got our first clean sheet which I'm delighted with!

View attachment 118184

View attachment 118183

View attachment 118182

View attachment 118181

Excellent result and a brilliant performance for 80 minutes of the game before we took our foot of the gas and started becoming a little too complacent. The hat-trick hero Senghor takes the ball home today and will grab all the plaudits as being the best player on the pitch, not that it can be argued but his team mate Ali Husni Faisal put every single ball on a plate for him today claiming a hat-trick of assists and being a great team player which fills me with immense pride. We are a close knit bond here at Bucheon and this is what is driving us forward.

View attachment 118180

View attachment 118179

View attachment 118178

View attachment 118177

A potential banana skin here today as we faced bottom of the table Chungju Hummel who would be fighting all ends to try and ensure their survival and they proved to be a very stern test for us. It was the individual performance of Brazilian Edson Farias today who terrorized the defence of our opposition and run riot. On another day he could have had 4 but he did enough to win us the game and our unbeaten run has been extended to 7 games.

View attachment 118176

View attachment 118174

View attachment 118175

View attachment 118173

A nice little newsletter on my desk this morning which gave me a great smile on my face.

We are making history one piece at a team, this small town of Bucheon have a footballing team to be proud of. This board have been excellent for me and have backed me since the day I come in, I'm really enjoying my time here in Korea and I'm glad I made the jump when given the slightest opportunity. I've learned alot in a short time, the Korean league is fast and dynamic with both teams every game going hammer and tongue at eachother. (Those of you who can still bet, it's a great league for goals galore). I feel like I'm growing as a manager constantly and managing to see out games rather than taking risks like I did last year at Notts County and it ended up not working out or backfiring on me. Long may this feel good factor continue at the club.