Building From The Back- How to set up an Effective defence. Centre Backs.

could use a guide to set up attack to go with chosen defence...

could use a guide to set up attack to go with chosen defence...

Well, basicly offside trap when you play with possession or attack fiercly, deep line when you counter attack or play it safely in attacks, and stopper/cover is good basic setup if you don't do neither, but have balanced tactic for both attack and defence.

Well, basicly offside trap when you play with possession or attack fiercly, deep line when you counter attack or play it safely in attacks, and stopper/cover is good basic setup if you don't do neither, but have balanced tactic for both attack and defence.

I figured out the defence part, but I'm interested about the rest of the team...

Far too Many Possibilities when It comes to an Attacking guide, would take decades to write.

When talking about stopper/cover defences you say that it must be zonal, just for the DC's or for the whole team ?

could do yeah, just test stuff.

Well, I don't use stopper/cover combo, just because I got annoyed when opposition exploited space behind my stopper when my covering CB was lower than him.

-------------------
--fb--cb-------fb--
------st--cb-------

you see what I mean? It just needs one player with some space for through ball to break my defence. Conceded a couple of goals like that with high line, works better with lower line, or with defend/cover, as it keeps the line in a better balance.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I play both CB's zonal. The only players I have set to man mark are my fullbacks. Works for me!

Yeah, but if you want more aggressive stopper then man marking would be better (or that is what I think), man marking is more aggressive than zonal marking (only difference I can find between those 2) so I use it with my high pressing.

do you have any idea what kind of partnership to play with mexes and juan? thanks in advance :)

Quick question regarding these routes, i'm creating my first 4-3-3/4-5-1 tactic and will probably use a DM, does it help to have DM when your using the Stopper/Cover system or am I better of pushing the DM forward for a more attacking style of play?

Also for the offside trap style i'm assuming you would need fairly fast defenders? so players like Verkhovstov wouldnt be reccomended?

im currently using a 4-1-1-3-1 formation (testing at the moment) trying to use this setup its not totally working at the moment just wondering what sliders do most people change ? im currently using zonal marking a normal def line (a few clicks towards deep) and play fairly wide in a fluid and controlling style and even though my def should be able to cope with most things in my league we constantly letting the oppo have about 20 shots and in atleast 1 case per match run right through my def

Quick question regarding these routes, i'm creating my first 4-3-3/4-5-1 tactic and will probably use a DM, does it help to have DM when your using the Stopper/Cover system or am I better of pushing the DM forward for a more attacking style of play?

Also for the offside trap style i'm assuming you would need fairly fast defenders? so players like Verkhovstov wouldnt be reccomended?

Speed Does Help for the offside trap yes.

Personally I'd play your DM as a 3rd CM with a defensive role, It'll help add pressure on the Opposition with a more advanced role. Use Stopper/Cover at the back.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

im currently using a 4-1-1-3-1 formation (testing at the moment) trying to use this setup its not totally working at the moment just wondering what sliders do most people change ? im currently using zonal marking a normal def line (a few clicks towards deep) and play fairly wide in a fluid and controlling style and even though my def should be able to cope with most things in my league we constantly letting the oppo have about 20 shots and in atleast 1 case per match run right through my def

Your Obviously playing too wide, Width=Space to attack in, narrow formations are tighter in defense.

which do you think would better suit in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation?I have been using the second one(offside trap),but the results were not that good...

How about the mentality and closing down of the stopper and cover cb?

leave it standard mate

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

which do you think would better suit in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation?I have been using the second one(offside trap),but the results were not that good...

Stopper/Cover.

leave it standard mate

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Stopper/Cover.
Okay mate but I want to use high d-line with high pressing style so according to your article, the offside trap route is the best but does it have higher risk than the stopper/cover one?Also what duty would fit for the limited defenders? (Def/stopper/cover)

Do you have somekind of regular OI against strikers that you give for a certain tactic or do you give any OI at all?

When using the third one(superdeep)would it be possible to play even with 2 DMs?