Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

View attachment 386073

View attachment 386074View attachment 386075

Its a 4321 similar to how England plays now with welbeck roooney walcott as my front 3, i based my tactics round the way these pre mentioned 3 play (and i created just to prove that i can to create a super no -lose counter attack tactic) ,but i think i have created a winner here SS's dont tell the full story(even tho they brill) but u play creative fast and style all ur players on the england side of moment. Gerrard DLP lampard as BBM wilkshire as AP is how ive created my player instructions with the front 3 mentioned and the back 4 picks itself so use the tactics and buy players who can do the roles of the players i have mentioned

I like your method. If you create 100 tactics you might hit with one!

Hi, my name is Lucho i'm from argentina and want to make my own tactic testing.

I have a few questions, i'm woundering if you could help me.

1) About the Database, how do you set up the quality of the players? As they are not real, do you set up all the attributes to 20??
2) How do you manage to have players in all positions for every tactic?? Do you modify the database every time you create a new test??
3) You are running the test in FM Classic, do you set assistant manager to give Team Talks and OI??

That is all for now, your opening post is very detailed and help me a lot.

I hope you can help me answering these questions.

Thanks you in advance!

Hi, my name is Lucho i'm from argentina and want to make my own tactic testing.

I have a few questions, i'm woundering if you could help me.

1) About the Database, how do you set up the quality of the players? As they are not real, do you set up all the attributes to 20??

2) How do you manage to have players in all positions for every tactic?? Do you modify the database every time you create a new test??

3) You are running the test in FM Classic, do you set assistant manager to give Team Talks and OI??

That is all for now, your opening post is very detailed and help me a lot.

I hope you can help me answering these questions.

Thanks you in advance!

- I was able to get a copy of a testing database that set up a separate league/country that allowed me to limit the number of teams. In this database, I set the initial PA/CA to 150.

- I do not modify the database for each tactic. I create the database for the test and add the tactic to it later. In almost every case, I have had no problems with having players for each position. I have only run into a situation once where the team needed a Sweeper and the database didn't create one, so it played with a CD as that position.

-I am NOT running in Classic mode. To minimize the amount of variability there are no team talks.

Hope that helps

Cheers

30 out of a possible 60 vs. computer? Not horrible but certainly not the best ever. If pressed I would probably would give it a B-/C+ . Looks like it still needs some work to become the best ever....

Didn't you notice the irony mate? :p

- I was able to get a copy of a testing database that set up a separate league/country that allowed me to limit the number of teams. In this database, I set the initial PA/CA to 150.

- I do not modify the database for each tactic. I create the database for the test and add the tactic to it later. In almost every case, I have had no problems with having players for each position. I have only run into a situation once where the team needed a Sweeper and the database didn't create one, so it played with a CD as that position.

-I am NOT running in Classic mode. To minimize the amount of variability there are no team talks.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Great!

Thats give me a good amount of info to start my own Testing Database.

Thanks you!

hi mate if your still testing i have my last tactic for this years FM ready it's an updated version of Balboa - Balboa "The Final Uppercut" - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

cheers

I am still testing, but as I currently live in Colorado in the United States, I have been unable to do a lot of testing lately (if you don't know what i am talking about we have had severe flash floods here over the last week). While not personally affected, many people I know and my workplace have been affected. I should have the results from my latest test, however, in next 48 hours.

Cheers

I am still testing, but as I currently live in Colorado in the United States, I have been unable to do a lot of testing lately (if you don't know what i am talking about we have had severe flash floods here over the last week). While not personally affected, many people I know and my workplace have been affected. I should have the results from my latest test, however, in next 48 hours.

Cheers

sorry to hear that hope nobody u know was hurt ( or anyone that is). well i guess you have a good reason to not have done much lately, ok mate when your ready

Test 4: Completed

I have finished the fourth test of tactics and here are some observations:

- This was the closest of all the tests I have run. 3 of the 4 tactics were within one point of each other vs. the computer.

- This was the first time the tactic that did the best against the computer did the worst in head-to-head.
TheBetterHalf's The Gyroscope was this tactic and fared very well against the computer.Here are my results:

Tactics vs. Computer Controlled Opponents (maximum of 60 possible points):
View attachment 466809

Tactics in Head-to-Head Competition:
View attachment 466808

Detailed Results

View attachment 466807

Overall Score:
View attachment 466806

I want to thank all the participants. I regret that circumstances in the area where I currently live (Colorado, USA) will be forcing me to abandon the testing. I suspect that when I will be able to get back to it, most of you will have moved on to the 2014 version of FM, it is unlikely I will be picking up this project again. Saying that, I hope this testing has been useful to you and I apologize to those I did not get to test.

Warmest Regards,

Bo

Thanks dbotiger for taking the time to test my tactic :)

Have to say I'm a little disappointed with my results, but I guess it just shows that you need to buy into the ''Sacchi philosophy'' and not just use the tactic.

Many thanks again,
Sean

Thanks dbotiger for taking the time to test my tactic :)

Have to say I'm a little disappointed with my results, but I guess it just shows that you need to buy into the ''Sacchi philosophy'' and not just use the tactic.

Many thanks again,
Sean

One thing to remember is that not all tactics work well in a test like this where there is no coaching. It could very well be the case that your tactic would have done a lot better if there was a human coach who could tweak aspects both in game and during the rest of the season.

The other thing to remember is that in a test like this there was no consideration given to shaping the team to match the capabilities of the tactic, so for instance if you need an advanced forward but the team has a good poacher the test wouldn't correct for that.

Nice to see my Tactic " won" the test against the CPU teams. Interesting to see how horrible it did against teams using user made tactics. Fair to say that its a good plug and play for those playing a normal game, but a bad choice when playing an online clan.

Nice to see my Tactic " won" the test against the CPU teams. Interesting to see how horrible it did against teams using user made tactics. Fair to say that its a good plug and play for those playing a normal game, but a bad choice when playing an online clan.

The Head-to-Head results are interesting but I think it is the vs. computer results that are the important part of this testing. It is tough to make generalizations, but I think that any tactic that scored 40 or more points against the computer did very well. Nicely done on that.

Cheers

Hey guys, so close to the end of FM13, I created a tactic. Can you please test as it won the skrill league with Wrexham.

Here you go: View attachment 392415

Here is some screens:

View attachment 392416View attachment 392417View attachment 392418View attachment 392419View attachment 392420

Here is my thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ock-4141-451-tripletweaked-nezzas-4330-a.html

dbotiger isn't doing anymore test mate he's done his share and a very good job he did to . Ur tactic does look good though well done .

topic off? Maybe last test?;d. Two most popular tactic: 451 rock tripletweak and 442rockrevised by malte?;d