Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

Great to see that Markyplatt's tactic really is the best tactic ever on FM :)

30 out of a possible 60 vs. computer? Not horrible but certainly not the best ever. If pressed I would probably would give it a B-/C+ . Looks like it still needs some work to become the best ever....

30 out of a possible 60 vs. computer? Not horrible but certainly not the best ever. If pressed I would probably would give it a B-/C+ . Looks like it still needs some work to become the best ever....
How many tactics do you have pending to be tested? I don't want to interfere with the testing as there are far more tactics who are better / waiting to be tested. But I would love to see how mine deals with the big boys. A little scared though as possession tactics seems to struggle at first or dependable which can effect the results of the test. Anyways, the tactic is posted in the first page in this forum section...

How many tactics do you have pending to be tested? I don't want to interfere with the testing as there are far more tactics who are better / waiting to be tested. But I would love to see how mine deals with the big boys. A little scared though as possession tactics seems to struggle at first or dependable which can effect the results of the test. Anyways, the tactic is posted in the first page in this forum section...

I would be happy to add yours to the queue, however, I do have a bit of a backlog. Post a link here to the tactic and I will be happy to add it to the queue. Cheers...

I would be happy to add yours to the queue, however, I do have a bit of a backlog. Post a link here to the tactic and I will be happy to add it to the queue. Cheers...
Thanks!

I assume that you are letting your assistant manager pick the team for every game. If so, I was wondring if the teams have any Liberos, players being able to play in that position as the ***-man otherwise might pick an Forward for my Gyroscope Tactic ( happened to me in a cup game where I asked him to pick the first 11 and my LIbero was out injuried)

I assume that you are letting your assistant manager pick the team for every game. If so, I was wondring if the teams have any Liberos, players being able to play in that position as the ***-man otherwise might pick an Forward for my Gyroscope Tactic ( happened to me in a cup game where I asked him to pick the first 11 and my LIbero was out injuried)

To minimize any influence I would bring to the testing, the Assistant Manager picks all lineups.

You have identified a known weakness in the testing. For example, in the last test, SuperMatt1978's BALBOA 2 V2 tactic had a sweeper, but the team generated by the computer had no sweepers on it. This meant that for the entire season SuperMatt1978 played with a Center Defender as a Sweeper. His tactic performed solidly but I will never know if/how this might have influenced his outcome. I think you might have the same problem. I'll let you know when we get started if your team has a Libero-type player.

Cheers

To minimize any influence I would bring to the testing, the Assistant Manager picks all lineups.

You have identified a known weakness in the testing. For example, in the last test, SuperMatt1978's BALBOA 2 V2 tactic had a sweeper, but the team generated by the computer had no sweepers on it. This meant that for the entire season SuperMatt1978 played with a Center Defender as a Sweeper. His tactic performed solidly but I will never know if/how this might have influenced his outcome. I think you might have the same problem. I'll let you know when we get started if your team has a Libero-type player.

Cheers

If the team has many really good DCs, it wont be a problem. If some of them gets injuried though, and the team have a FC that has the stats matching the one of a LIbero, or a youngster that is poor but able to play in the Sweeper position, then the tactic might struggle. In the end, ist wont matter that much though as this is only for fun :D I know how my tactic play against the AI but it will be really cool to see the head-to-head stats as I have never used this one against human made tactics

Great job mate !

Last edited:
If the team has many really good DCs, it wont be a problem. If some of them gets injuried though, and the team have a FC that has the stats matching the one of a LIbero, or a youngster that is poor but able to play in the Sweeper position, then the tactic might struggle. In the end, ist wont matter that much though as this is only for fun :D

Great job mate !

Thanks! If what you say above is true, one thing that might help you is the fact that I reset ALL injuries before every game. This is to minimize an external effect (i.e. injuries) on the tactic's ability.

Cheers.

Thanks! If what you say above is true, one thing that might help you is the fact that I reset ALL injuries before every game. This is to minimize an external effect (i.e. injuries) on the tactic's ability.

Cheers.

Thats great ! Cant wait to see the test now and if you are going to go for the one uploaded or any of the suggestd tweaks to the front 3.

Thats great ! Cant wait to see the test now and if you are going to go for the one uploaded or any of the suggestd tweaks to the front 3.

The tactic I have download is called: The Gyroscope.tac. If you would prefer I use a different version, post it and I will switch it out. Remember that since this is a plug-and-play test I wont be doing any tweaking once we start (e.g. no home vs. away, tweaks, etc.)

Cheers

The tactic I have download is called: The Gyroscope.tac. If you would prefer I use a different version, post it and I will switch it out. Remember that since this is plug-and-play I wont be doing any tweaking once we start (e.g. no home vs. away, tweaks, etc.)

Cheers

NO, thats fine. IN my thread/ that post, the users get to chose if using a AMC-AMC-FC ( the one in the tac.file) or the FC-FC-AMc or the FC-FC FC. I would for the one in the tac-file though. IN that post, you can also choose if wanting to use a playmaker, then if so, then I opt for the DMCright, but that is of your choice

hello well not to good in testing, but to be fair my tactic is prefered moves influenced hugley, and with out trys short passes for the cb's and comes deep to get ball for the DLF, it performs totally different , anyway working on something different 442 but less prone to conciding from the long ball which hurts the tactic against weaker direct teams let u no with the new 1 , doing well won league and fa cup with leeds only couple transfers ill post soon just jugling what type of gk to use think a SK (a) is best for me.

I have finished the third test of tactics and here are some observations:

- Mr Langvatn's 3-6-1 Sicilian Defense (13.3.3) FINA VERSION was the most successful tactic against computer opponents, garnering 39 of a potential 60 points.

- SuperMatt1978-BALBOA 2 V2 was the most successful in head-to-head competition, with 21 of a possible 36 points.
Here are my results:

Tactics vs. Computer Controlled Opponents (maximum of 60 possible points):
View attachment 384368

Tactics in Head-to-Head Competition:
View attachment 384371

Detailed Results

View attachment 384370

Overall Score:
View attachment 384372

I want to thank all the participants. I will be taking a few days off now to play my own game and expect to start another round of testing in about 4 days. I have identified the tactics for the next test, and at this time, they are expected to be:
View attachment 384373

Cheers!
the mr l tactic is so unrealistic and is not the kind of game i like to play u averadge 35 - 40 % possesion with his and score counter attacking goals too much( u never create a 30 pass goal like mine) im developing mine to be a bit more solid and not be to reliant on the prefered moves of a player

the mr l tactic is so unrealistic and is not the kind of game i like to play u averadge 35 - 40 % possesion with his and score counter attacking goals too much( u never create a 30 pass goal like mine) im developing mine to be a bit more solid and not be to reliant on the prefered moves of a player

how is it unrealistic? most pll know that you win most games with less possession, like mine for example i can have below and above 50% possession and pass all game long and still beat the best teams like Barcelona, Madrid type teams