Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

how is it unrealistic? most pll know that you win most games with less possession, like mine for example i can have below and above 50% possession and pass all game long and still beat the best teams like Barcelona, Madrid type teams

I agree with nezza most of my better tactics have less possession but I win games its about wat ur team does with the ball wen they have it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

To minimize any influence I would bring to the testing, the Assistant Manager picks all lineups.

You have identified a known weakness in the testing. For example, in the last test, SuperMatt1978's BALBOA 2 V2 tactic had a sweeper, but the team generated by the computer had no sweepers on it. This meant that for the entire season SuperMatt1978 played with a Center Defender as a Sweeper. His tactic performed solidly but I will never know if/how this might have influenced his outcome. I think you might have the same problem. I'll let you know when we get started if your team has a Libero-type player.

Cheers

Im just happy my tactic did well . Any hints to improve it would be helpful.

Im just happy my tactic did well . Any hints to improve it would be helpful.

I am hardly an expert, but here are some observations. I went back and looked at your tactic's performance vs. Man City. Here are the stats for those games:

View attachment 472218

In 3 of 4 games the tactic won possession. However, while winning possession, the tactic had less shots in all but one match and only managed 3 Clear Cut Chances in 4 games while allowing 6. It seems that the defensive side of the ball performs pretty well (2 clean sheets here out of 4), so to improve the tactic, it looks like you would want the tactic to convert that possession into more/better chances. I am not skilled enough to tell you how to make the tactic do that, but there are many people here that can help if you ask them.

Just my opinion, and there is a better than fair chance that I have no idea what I am talking about. :p

Cheers

I am hardly an expert, but here are some observations. I went back and looked at your tactic's performance vs. Man City. Here are the stats for those games:

View attachment 385337

In 3 of 4 games the tactic won possession. However, while winning possession, the tactic had less shots in all but one match and only managed 3 Clear Cut Chances in 4 games while allowing 6. It seems that the defensive side of the ball performs pretty well (2 clean sheets here out of 4), so to improve the tactic, it looks like you would want the tactic to convert that possession into more/better chances. I am not skilled enough to tell you how to make the tactic do that, but there are many people here that can help if you ask them.

Just my opinion, and there is a better than fair chance that I have no idea what I am talking about. :p

Cheers

Thanks mate

Can you add the 'Forever Real Madrid' tactic to the next round if possible mate?

Would love to see how if does against other tactics

Would say the StueyRob tweak is possibly the best upto now

Can you add the 'Forever Real Madrid' tactic to the next round if possible mate?

Would love to see how if does against other tactics

Would say the StueyRob tweak is possibly the best upto now

It probably wont make the next round as I have a bit of a queue in front of it, but if you post the tactic or a link to the tactic here, I would be happy to try to get it into a test soon.

Cheers

who knows,????? maybe chelsea in champions lg win with 40 % poss who else barca? lol

did u get any 80 % poss, 9 or 10 ccc's with my tactic? i get them all time but seems some other users dont (using mine), find get better results using comprehensive highlights , anyone else get worse ratings and results using just key highlights?

did u get any 80 % poss, 9 or 10 ccc's with my tactic? i get them all time but seems some other users dont (using mine), find get better results using comprehensive highlights , anyone else get worse ratings and results using just key highlights?

That does not matter. Its like asking " do you get better results when leaning to the Right" or " when having your left eye closed"

nothing like ur example at all, and i think it does matter, had this game since 97 and i watch full match usually ok and always get greaqt results

nothing like ur example at all, and i think it does matter, had this game since 97 and i watch full match usually ok and always get greaqt results

Why would it make a difference on which highlights package you view? It has no baring on results possession statistics shots ccc's etc please think about what you are saying

Naturally, if you watch the full game with the intention to react to what you see on the pitch, making subs in time, changing strategy and using shouts, then YES it makes a difference. If really watching the game, then naturally you will in the end get a better understanding how the match engine works and why certain types of players are better suited for certain approaches than other players are.

But.....if you think that the outcome will be different depending on how you watch the game if NOT reacting to the events on the pitch, not learning for the future. If you think it makes a difference in a specific match if watching full, key etc, then I am sorry because it does not matter for how long you have played the game. It just means that you have not been able to understand the game at all, not even the slightest, during those 16 years.

Last edited:
alright mate how you been?

is my 4-3-3-0 going into test 5 or 6? i'm tweaking it to be more successful if you want once i fully prepared it after a full season i can link you my newer version?

Naturally, if you watch the full game with the intention to react to what you see on the pitch, making subs in time, changing strategy and using shouts, then YES it makes a difference. If really watching the game, then naturally you will in the end get a better understanding how the match engine works and why certain types of players are better suited for certain approaches than other players are.

But.....if you think that the outcome will be different depending on how you watch the game if NOT reacting to the events on the pitch, not learning for the future. If you think it makes a difference in a specific match if watching full, key etc, then I am sorry because it does not matter for how long you have played the game. It just means that you have not been able to understand the game at all, not even the slightest, during those 16 years.

Just for the record, I turn off all replays. With over 100 games to simulate to get through one 32 game test, it usually takes me 5-10 days (depending on what is happening in my real-life). If I should turn on replays and actually watch them, it would take a LOT longer...

alright mate how you been?

is my 4-3-3-0 going into test 5 or 6? i'm tweaking it to be more successful if you want once i fully prepared it after a full season i can link you my newer version?

This tactic is currently slated for Test 5, with one from Mr. Langvatn, one from Poweriess and one of the 4-2-3-1 tactics from Korea. While this could change, it is highly unlikely as I mostly take the tactics on a first-in-first-out basis. I am barely into Test 4 right now so you have some time before yours gets tested.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Last edited:
This tactic is currently slated for Test 5, with one from Mr. Langvatn, one from ChrisRigg, and one of the 4-2-3-1 tactics from Korea. While this could change, it is highly unlikely as I mostly take the tactics on a first-in-first-out basis. I am barely into Test 4 right now so you have some time before yours gets tested.

Hope that helps

Cheers

cheers mate i look forward to further testing

Anyway like this to be tested if u could squeeze in

View attachment 471503

View attachment 471502View attachment 471501

Its a 4321 similar to how England plays now with welbeck roooney walcott as my front 3, i based my tactics round the way these pre mentioned 3 play (and i created just to prove that i can to create a super no -lose counter attack tactic) ,but i think i have created a winner here SS's dont tell the full story(even tho they brill) but u play creative fast and style all ur players on the england side of moment. Gerrard DLP lampard as BBM wilkshire as AP is how ive created my player instructions with the front 3 mentioned and the back 4 picks itself so use the tactics and buy players who can do the roles of the players i have mentioned