Lippo255

Reaction score

Ladies & gentleman, I have an idea.

Whenever a new FM is released my first dilemma is always where to start. Do I start at the top & see what I can win? Do I start at the bottom & work my way up? International footballer? Sunday leaguer? Somewhere in the middle? I never know!

The idea I've had is to answer all these questions long before FM16 ever hits the stands.

In short this "story" will be a twist on the usual B.A.P. format whereby I will add myself into the FM database & follow my career in football. I will then use the resultant career to begin my FM16 story.

My aim here is to create an immersive experience through which we can all follow the evolution of a young Aussies career. From his first tentative steps into the world of professional football all the way through to (what I hope to be) a successful management career spanning decades & multiple iterations of the game.

Now, as FM16 is still quite a ways away & this part of the story only involves me simming through the seasons to see where I end up I wont be devoting too much time to it. So don't expect rapid updates.

I will just sim a season here & there when I feel the urge & post as I go with the goal of having a fully completed playing career before FM16 on which to base my future stories.

As far as setup goes, I will be using Weiry1's Aussie pyramid database (found here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../183887-australian-league-system-pyramid.html) & starting as a 16 year old prospect on a youth contract at (near enough to) my local team, Tamworth in the 7th tier of Weiry's Aussie pyramid.

My CA will be set at 70, my PA to -8. Hopefully this will allow me to progress up the levels a bit, maybe even represent my country or secure a move to Europe whilst also being realistic enough for me to start at the bottom.

I will be leaving all my stats at zero & letting the game randomise it all, right down to what position I will play.

Hopefully I can have a successful career & you all can enjoy the beginning of what I hope will be an epic journey! Cheers

Edit - Forgot to mention that when I created myself I put 20 for manager as my preferred staff role! Hopefully this will ensure, once my playing days are over, I will be offered a management job & decide the starting point for my management career.

Last edited:

Introducing C.J. Lippo

View attachment 283700

View attachment 283691

So here I am, a wide eyed teenager with the world at his feet. A hard working winger with dreams of making the big time.

Am quite pleased with what life (FM) has handed me. It appears I have all the tools to become a handy player. But it will take more than raw talent to get to the top!

Will I realise my potential or will I become another "could have been" wasting away in the depths of Australian football? Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Sounds good mate will definitely follow this story

Nice! I would say I'd do the same thing as this is a great idea, but will probably do Carragher again! haha

chapter I: 'The Sorrows of Young CJ Lippo'

great idea for a story, another one would be starting a career as a fictional player-manager if only SI games could add this option - always Dino Dini.

This looks interesting! Definately follow this to see how it progresses!

Wow, Thank you very much everyone. Wasn't expecting such a response!

Have just added my profile to the above post, check it out. Am quite pleased with it!

Very, very interesting. Fingers crosses Europe comes calling!

Morale: Very poor

Oh no, what happened? :p

This is a very interesting story.

View attachment 280047

Season One

A Humble Beginning

My first year at Tamworth didn't exactly go to plan. Perhaps I underestimated the strength of the squad here, or maybe I have overestimated my own ability. Whatever the case may be, I only managed to make 6 appearances for the first team. Obviously there is a lot of work ahead if I'm going to achieve my dreams.

View attachment 283605

On the upside I have learnt a lot in my first season at Tamworth FC & have improved my game as a result.

View attachment 283604

Modest all round improvements but I'm heading in the right direction. I am confident that, if I continue to train hard, I can lock down a spot in the first team & continue to improve.

The team itself had a good year finishing 3rd in the Northern NSW State Third Division which for a little semi pro side from rural NSW is a fantastic achievement.

Despite what I considered to be a disappointing year, I have already been made aware of interest in my talent from larger clubs...

View attachment 283600

Bayswater City have just won the National Premier League which means next season they will play in the Australian Premier League (equivalent of the A-League)! I know if they do make a move for me I would most likely end up in the youth team or out on loan somewhere but It would be a fabulous opportunity that would be hard to pass up.

Last edited:
12/7/?

View attachment 283583

It appears I will not be in the Country Music Capital for too much longer. There is a ridiculous amount of interest in my services considering I could only manage 6 appearances for Tamworth last year!

After talking it over with family & friends I made my decision...

View attachment 283542

The lure of joining the one time Champions of Asia was too hard to resist, not to mention the opportunity to learn at the feet of Aussie legend Tony Popovic.

My chances of being anywhere near the first team are slim, but a couple of years in the youth set up or a loan stint at a National Premier League side is likely to be better for my development than another season in the cow paddocks at Tamworth, no disrespect.

Love the idea of this story! Will be following with keen interest!