After my move to the top flight I decided it was time to add some European leagues to the game set-up. Here is what I settled on...

View attachment 283145

Once I've established myself at the Wanderers (assuming I do!) I will drop a few more Aussie leagues & add some more but for now this is more then enough.

View attachment 280046

Season Two

Moving on up

Having secured myself a surprise move to Parramatta Stadium it was now time to show everyone what I was capable of. Unfortunately a string of injuries hampered my early attempts to prove my worth.

View attachment 283076

As expected I found myself playing for the youth sides. I made appearances for both the U18's & the U20's & was pleased with my performances as a whole.

View attachment 283075

25 appearances, 2 goals, 7 assists & 5 player of the match awards in all "non-competitive" matches for an average rating of 7.27. Not a bad return in my book.

I am pleased to say that my hard work did not go unnoticed & late in the season I managed to make my first team debut.

View attachment 283074

My performances were solid at best but for a 17 year old playing at the highest level the country has to offer I think I did quite well. No doubt I will be better for the experience & now know what it will take to succeed at the top level.

Although my development was hampered by a few injuries I have still managed to improve my game.

View attachment 283073

Once again nothing spectacular but I still feel as though I have a lot of improvement in me.

Although I am still awaiting my international debut (at any level) I have been glad to be included in a few U20 squads & am confident of making my break through soon.

View attachment 283072

The Wanderers had a good season this year finishing second in the league & qualifying for the Asian Champions League. Hopefully, if I can continue to work hard & develop my game, I will find myself a bigger part of the first team setup next year & maybe even make my ACL & international debuts.

At least that's the plan, anyway!

Last edited:
View attachment 280044

Season 3

The Struggle Continues

Forcing my way into the first team here at the Wanderers has proved to be very tough. I have found myself well & truly behind Japanese international Yojiro Takahagi & Nikita Rukavytsya in the pecking order for my preferred left wing position &, as a result, only managed 4 first team appearances this year.

League
View attachment 282272

Continental
View attachment 282273

As you can see, I did manage to make my debut in Asia. Infact 3 of my 4 games were in the Asian Champions League which leaves just the one league appearance.

Once again my year was hampered by injuries.

View attachment 282271

In total I spent a little over 4 months on the sidelines! Not ideal for a young guy still developing & fighting for his place in the team!

In January I found myself being linked with a move to the Brisbane Roar amid speculation that my contract would be allowed to expire.

Eventually though I was offered a new deal & was pleased to put these rumours to bed & extend my stay at the Wanderers for another year.

View attachment 282269

The Wanderers had a horrible year finishing a disappointing 9th in the league & costing Tony Popovic his job in the process!

As for myself, I continue to work for my "break out" season.

With Takahagi now the wrong side of 30 & Rukavytsya being preferred in a more advanced role I remain hopeful that it will come soon. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
2 torn hammies in 2 years! Bad luck!! Hope you are rehabbing them properly and not rushing back too early young man!!

I can't get enough of this story, I really want to know how this ends up already. Even if not for a story I think I may have to do this myself!

I'm thinking of doing this myself too, I don't think a Carragher story would be the same next year, would you mind if I did this myself? Not sure if I will yet as theres still plenty of time to think of a story!

I can't get enough of this story, I really want to know how this ends up already. Even if not for a story I think I may have to do this myself!

Thanks mate its strangely addictive, more so then i had expected!

I'm thinking of doing this myself too, I don't think a Carragher story would be the same next year, would you mind if I did this myself? Not sure if I will yet as theres still plenty of time to think of a story!

Go for it mate, would love to see other people do it & read about their careers as well!

View attachment 280043

Season 4

Breaking Out

My third year at the Wanderers proved to be a bit of break through for me. For the first time since my arrival I had a full season with no major injuries &, In all, made 13 competitive appearances for the club at an average rating of 7.13

View attachment 281473
View attachment 281472

A run without injuries also saw me earn a call up to the National side for the Under 22's Asian Cup. I managed 6 appearances for my country as Australia cruised into the final.

Unfortunately that game did not go to plan for Australia or myself.

View attachment 281465

Despite costing my country the Asian Cup trophy I was pleased to with my performances overall & was happy to be recognised in the team of the tournament. So what if I'm heckled every where I go now!

View attachment 281463

The extra first team football I managed this year, along with my run in the National side has really benefitted my development as well.

View attachment 281467

As you can see I am coming along nicely & at the age of 19 seem to be on the verge of being an A-League regular. Fingers crossed for more injury free seasons & more games for my country.

It was another disappointing year for the Wanderers, once again finishing outside the playoffs in 8th position.

View attachment 281456

I was again linked with a move to League champions the Brisbane Roar in January but again the Wanderers offered me a 1 year extension & again I accepted.

Last edited:
Enjoying this mate! It's a really good idea, you're tempting me to start one myself!