Call of Duty: Black Ops

You can't see that much from the trailer but I'll probz get it.

Not getting it, cod is so boring, ive played it too much and have made it boring, who cares about nam anyway, load of rubbish

Surely just like splinter cell then?? Although i don't actually own a cod game- the title "black ops" suggests it is you as a spy being covert and stuff - will probably still be good though and multiplayer will be good

Call of Duty is and always will be run and gun. You might get the odd stealth level in each title but it will be nothing like splinter cell.

Call of Duty is and always will be run and gun. You might get the odd stealth level in each title but it will be nothing like splinter cell.

Agreed. Always have been a fan of the solo play on COD games, Will be purchasing like always :)

OMG cannot wait for this game, multiplayer is gunna be so good, I heard they're just gunna cut out the crappy killstreaks and perks from MW2, and improve the engine a bit, but pretty much just copy it. Anyways, the game comes out 1 week before I finish my final high-school exams, so I'll have 4 months of doing nothing during the day before Uni :)

anyone though if there will be zombies on this one or maybe even "**** zombie tanks" :p

So Treyarch are the only developer attached to the Call of Duty franchise after Infinity Ward have been all but shut down. They havent made a 'modern' CoD game before, so I reckon Black Ops is going to be their effort at showing they can create one before Activision let them loose on MW3.

According to THIS link on Wiki the game is set in the Cold War:

Players take the role of Black Ops operatives who will be involved in missions behind enemy lines, set during the Cold War. Missions will take place in a variety of locations, including Cuba, South America, the Arctic, Vietnam and may also involve the Cuban missile crisis, the Space Race, and covert operations in the Soviet Union.

So I wouldnt be surprised if at some point during Black Ops we were to come accross some Modern Warfare characters in their younger years, leaving the door open for Treyarch to merge the MW franchise and their own brand of CoD.

Anyway all of that was just my own little brain working overtime. But I do hope this is the direction Treyarch and Activision decide to go, as Treyarch games are more 'fun' than Infinity Ward (see **** zombies :))

Last edited:
******* ****, haven't even had the time to get to 10th prestige. :|

Well this games isnt released until the 9th November so you still have time to reach it.

The release date listed on all the trailers is in American format, and they put month before the date.

Omg, the trailer shows that you can use a crossbow.

If that's online then it's going to be my weapon of choice :D

You can have a normal crossbow for stealth kills, or one with explosive tips for when you need to 'go loud'

Anyone who wants more info buy this months Playstation Official Magazine. They have played 3 of the levels already, and Treyarch confirmed that its set over 'decades' of the Cold War.

Last edited:
You can have a normal crossbow for stealth kills, or one with explosive tips for when you need to 'go loud'

Anyone who wants more info buy this months Playstation Official Magazine. They have played 3 of the levels already, and Treyarch confirmed that its set over 'decades' of the Cold War.

The Cold War? Meh, at least it's a change I suppose. Hopefully the fact it spans over 'decades' affects the longevity for the best.

And thanks for the Crossbow info, sounds hot.

We should get a full group of us running around with crossbows, Alf. That'd be rather amusing I think.

I probably will get it as it looks pretty good,hopefully it has a good story

meh, kinda looking forward to a more realistic shooter to be honest, ie ghost recon future soldier. medal of honor looks very good too, based in afghanistan ( been waiting for someone to cover the harshness of it)

though i will keep an open mind on it.

well due to being a stats *****, thus love FM, i can't wait as mt stats on MW2 are so messed up due to a brother playing and going 34 kills for nearly 500 deaths. granted i am not that good either but still - come on!