Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

1. Again, learn to read.

2. It does look like BFBC2, it looks slightly better, yes, but that development happens in every game series.

3. Sure, but you seemed to disregard that by saying it's better in every way.

I did play the Alpha and yes, it was lacklustre. The map wasn't up to par with the maps I've come to expect from the series and I felt the battlelog system is a piece of garbage.

I will just end it here its pointless to argue when just write stupid things such as
"It does look like BFBC2, it looks slightly better,."
It looks miles better, prehaps on your pc it doesn't because of graphics card whatever.

"I did play the Alpha and yes, it was lacklustre. The map wasn't up to par with the maps I've come to expect from the series and I felt the battlelog system is a piece of garbage."

Its the same as the cod one.
But the cod one requires payment.

Yes I have. Your assumptions that it's only the people who played the first few games who are complaining is just simply not something you can know for sure. How in the world would you know that the bolded part is correct??

And I thought you weren't going to discuss this anymore?

I never said its only those. Im talking about the ones who have genuine complaints, like i said a few of the are on this very thread, who grieviances you seem to dismiss. I'm not interested in anyone whose doing it because its "cool".

Bolded is pretty simple sales go up because there are new customers, and there are people who are happy with the game for whatever reasons and keep buying it, and thats fine each to their own. What you keep ignoring is that there are some people who do feel the game has stagnated, particularly the single player.

I will just end it here its pointless to argue when just write stupid things such as
"It does look like BFBC2, it looks slightly better,."
It looks miles better, prehaps on your pc it doesn't because of graphics card whatever.

"I did play the Alpha and yes, it was lacklustre. The map wasn't up to par with the maps I've come to expect from the series and I felt the battlelog system is a piece of garbage."

Its the same as the cod one.
But the cod one requires payment.

Wut????

I never said its only those. Im talking about the ones who have genuine complaints, like i said a few of the are on this very thread, who grieviances you seem to dismiss. I'm not interested in anyone whose doing it because its "cool".

Bolded is pretty simple sales go up because there are new customers, and there are people who are happy with the game for whatever reasons and keep buying it, and thats fine each to their own. What you keep ignoring is that there are some people who do feel the game has stagnated, particularly the single player.

I'm not ignoring that and I never had. I've never tried to belittle you or your thoughts about the game and I don't know why you think I'm trying to do that. I do know what you're trying to say, I just don't know why everyone is complaining about this now, and not a year ago. Neither do I know why most of the people complaining are still buying these games.

Last edited:
THAT is the issue.

1. Build a game with decent MP
2. Ram in a half decent SP with lots of firefights and a random bit of sniping.
3. Release game
4. Pump out 4-5 DLC's that cost another £10 each
5. Ignore the fact that for the first 2-3 months the online servers are terrible (they have been for every CoD so far)
6. Roll around in all the money you just made.

Now they have this elite thing which you just know some little kids somwhere will be crying to their parents to get so they can be all special. They're just building a half decent MP game based completely of CoD4. The only thing that has changed in them all really is the Perks have got more broken and OP, the maps have changed and there are new killstreaks.

Nail hit on head. There are people who are happy with that, and thats fine, but those who arent happy shouldnt have their views dismissed

Battlelog And elite systems are the same
But the call of duty one you have to pay for.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

THAT is the issue.

1. Build a game with decent MP
2. Ram in a half decent SP with lots of firefights and a random bit of sniping.
3. Release game
4. Pump out 4-5 DLC's that cost another £10 each
5. Ignore the fact that for the first 2-3 months the online servers are terrible (they have been for every CoD so far)
6. Roll around in all the money you just made.

Now they have this elite thing which you just know some little kids somwhere will be crying to their parents to get so they can be all special. They're just building a half decent MP game based completely of CoD4. The only thing that has changed in them all really is the Perks have got more broken and OP, the maps have changed and there are new killstreaks.

♥♥♥

Battlelog And elite systems are the same
But the call of duty one you have to pay for.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

♥♥♥

Battlelog is required to play the game. Elite is not. MW3 has a server browser without Elite, Battlefield 3 only has Battlelog.

Battlelog is required to play the game. Elite is not. MW3 has a server browser without Elite, Battlefield 3 only has Battlelog.

Yes but battlelog is better than having a server browser, And its free anyway TJD07 Said all that anyone can say so ill leave the argue meant there.

Wut????

I'm not ignoring that and I never had. I've never tried to belittle you or your thoughts about the game and I don't know why you think I'm trying to do that. I do know what you're trying to say, I just don't know why everyone is complaining about this now, and not a year ago. Neither do I know why most of the people complaining are still buying these games.

They have been complaining for a while, and they also want the game to get better too. Its not a case of hating on it, but being disappointed in something you like, and perhaps this year its the final straw for many of those people, I know it is for me.

Yes but battlelog is better than having a server browser, And its free anyway TJD07 Said all that anyone can say so ill leave the argue meant there.

Battlelog is definitely not better than a server browser.

They have been complaining for a while, and they also want the game to get better too. Its not a case of hating on it, but being disappointed in something you like, and perhaps this year its the final straw for many of those people, I know it is for me.

If Activision doesn't change anything the production value won't go up. Call of Duty was stagnating once, after the release of CoD 3 and then they made the series what it is today with CoD4. The problem is that right now Call of Duty are still breaking numerous records for sales and if that doesn't stop then unfortunately Activision won't need to change it. At least they did include dedicated servers in MW3 PC, but that's probably only a decision they made because they know it will make them more money.

Last edited:
Battlelog is definitely not better than a server browser.

Consoles get server browsers anyway so i dont really care what your options are, its obvious that you don't play any other shooter and think that call of duty is the best. When all it does is steal things from other games adds gimmicks to mp and makes you pay extra.

No one s forced to pay extra in anyway, Maps are optional, Elite is optional.

Not if you want to play with the full experience of the game but it does not bother me to me battlefield is better in everyway
possible. but everyone is entitled to there opinions.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

And the game itself sells for £5 extra.

Consoles get server browsers anyway so i dont really care what your options are, its obvious that you don't play any other shooter and think that call of duty is the best. When all it does is steal things from other games adds gimmicks to mp and makes you pay extra.

I play Battlefield, I play Quake, I play Counter-Strike, TF2 and I play Call of Duty, stop assuming I'm just a zombie follower. Also, all of this coming from a console player? Sure...

Not if you want to play with the full experience of the game but it does not bother me to me battlefield is better in everyway
possible. but everyone is entitled to there opinions.

Hypocritical much?

Last edited:
I play Battlefield, I play Quake, I play Counter-Strike and I play Call of Duty, stop assuming I'm just a zombie follower. Also, all of this coming from a console player? Sure...
Console and pc player.
But why does playing a console discredit anything I have said?.

Console and pc player.
But why does playing a console discredit anything I have said?.

You questioned that I played other shooters. How many respectable online first-person shooters are there on console? You said I wasn't playing Battlefield 3 on very good graphics. Console has very good graphics now?

Last edited:
Its not hypocritical at all its my opinions,
Seems you seem to be unable to keep on topic, im not going to continue this ****

It's hypocritical because you tell me my opinions are stupid at the same time of saying everyone is entitled to their opinions. Are you daft? And fine, don't continue, not that I care anyway.

It's hypocritical because you tell me my opinions are stupid at the same time of saying everyone is entitled to their opinions. Are you daft? And fine, don't continue, not that I care anyway.

In his defence, BF3 graphics are far, far better than BFBC2.

to me battlefield is better in everyway
You are stupid; I can't believe people are still arguing this. I like most aspects of battlefield more - The game balance is better, sounds are better, graphics (well, BF3 graphics) are better. Does that mean I prefer the game to CoD? Not really.

You see, my closest mates all play on PS3 whilst i'm on xbox and don't add random people online. They have a great time on battlefield and much prefer it - because it is a team game.

On CoD, if you're much better than the lobby, you can win a game by yourself even if all your teammates are retards shooting the clouds. In battlefield, no-one cares that you're a beast, if you come up against a competant team and yours is useless you can't arm and defend the mcoms/flags all by yourself.

Battlefield is a better game if you're playing as part of a team. CoD is a better game if, like me, you're predominantly a solo player (another example is Domination - effectively CoD's version of Conquest - can be won by 1 player, mainly because the maps are much smaller).

It's just preference, so stop going "oh this game's better blahblah". They're completely different games.

I'll buy battlefield simply because it's out a week or so earlier. So even if I find I dislike it for the same reasons as BC2 it'll pass the time until CoD is out. And hopefully with these new developers involved they might patch their ******* game when the community finds RC cars/ghost to be annoying/overpowered. Though I won't hold my breath, they'll just release the game, release pre-made map packs for more money and then work on next year's; sigh.

BF3 > MW3
COD 4 was a great game but if MW 3 is anything like MW 2 (which it most likely will be) then it will be ****. I will not be buying it, no more giving into peer pressure ;)
oh and BF2 > COD 4
yes I went there...