callamity

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Once again I bring my best tactic for fm14... I have slightly tweaked it to work with fm16 however the concept is still the same as the original. I wasnt actually going to be doing any tactic's this year as most of my saves have been using default settings on the game. No TI's etc

The formation is a 4141 which has the following roles

View attachment 197672

I recommend tall players with high teamwork and work rate through the middle of the park so cb's dmc and cm's, especially the cm a as he is the one who is going to be getting into the box for crosses. As you can see I have tested with Newcastle so not the Ideal team for this tactic I did make 2 signings in a GK and a CB both are not world class either.

Go for pace in the wide area's if in england Nathan Redmond will be a hero of a right winger,

Season so far:

I decided to start a fresh save to illustrate results rather than the old test save malarcy I have played the first 19 league games of the season using pretty much the line up shown above

View attachment 197671

The game I lost was the third match of the season away to tottenham, we lost 1-0 and we were not fluid in the tactic yet.
View attachment 197670 As you can see we are on an unbeaten run of 16 games View attachment 197669

We did loose in the quarter finals of the capital one cup to tottenham again this time I played a full team of youths.

Training:

the usual pre season training of team cohesion on high, match prep on tactics.
during the season I use
View attachment 197666

My assistant sets OI's

Set pieces I pinched from somewhere however I'm certain there are better but I included what look like the go to on other tactics around here. left winger takes right, right winger takes left.

SEASON END

View attachment 196869

As you can see here we had Ayoze Perez as top scorer in the league with 27 goals.
Sissoko the highest average rating
and both the right and left winger on 14 assists each even though they have crossing of 11 and 12. Newcastle are a really **** team this year for this tactic so yeah I think it works for anyone.
Good luck and all the best

Last edited:
That FM14 of yours was immense!

Thanks mate. The FM14 one went a bit nuts.
I had the same amount of personal success on FM15 with it but the thread was a dead duck. Looks slightly better on fm16 than 15 though so hopefully all goes well.

i like the 4-1-4-1

why u set Wingers instead of wide midfielders ?
the wingers tend to cross more and your ST is a F9, you dont have a rel threat in the box

i like the 4-1-4-1

the wingers tend to cross more and your ST is a F9, you dont have a rel threat in the box

The wingers crossing is stifled by the ti's and the other roles marry the false 9 well wit 3 to 4 bodies in the box when crosses happen. If you watch the games I think you will be surprised.

you think it is possible to work with defensive mentality ? for underdog teams ?

you would change some roles or TIs?

Could someone please explain how to make assistant set OI's consistently, and how to get a new assistant with the right attributes to do so? I have no clue

you think it is possible to work with defensive mentality ? for underdog teams ?

you would change some roles or TIs?

Newcastle is an underdog in most games, It might work with defensive mentality but I think it would end up being toothless with the TI's. I wouldnt know unless I tried it though.

Could someone please explain how to make assistant set OI's consistently, and how to get a new assistant with the right attributes to do so? I have no clue

In the save I have illustrated above I use Ian Cathro he is newcastles assistant at start of game. He does change his OI's for pretty much every game, this is good in my opinion as it looks to negate opposition strengths rather than just do the same thing every game. Tactical knowledge in my opinion is most important here.

Hi Chaps

Once again I bring my best tactic for fm14... I have slightly tweaked it to work with fm16 however the concept is still the same as the original. I wasnt actually going to be doing any tactic's this year as most of my saves have been using default settings on the game. No TI's etc

The formation is a 4141 which has the following roles

View attachment 1001008

I recommend tall players with high teamwork and work rate through the middle of the park so cb's dmc and cm's, especially the cm a as he is the one who is going to be getting into the box for crosses. As you can see I have tested with Newcastle so not the Ideal team for this tactic I did make 2 signings in a GK and a CB both are not world class either.

Go for pace in the wide area's if in england Nathan Redmond will be a hero of a right winger,

Season so far:

I decided to start a fresh save to illustrate results rather than the old test save malarcy I have played the first 19 league games of the season using pretty much the line up shown above

View attachment 1001009

The game I lost was the third match of the season away to tottenham, we lost 1-0 and we were not fluid in the tactic yet.
View attachment 1001010 As you can see we are on an unbeaten run of 16 games View attachment 1001011

We did loose in the quarter finals of the capital one cup to tottenham again this time I played a full team of youths.

Training:

the usual pre season training of team cohesion on high, match prep on tactics.
during the season I use
View attachment 1001014

My assistant sets OI's

Set pieces I pinched from somewhere however I'm certain there are better but I included what look like the go to on other tactics around here. left winger takes right, right winger takes left.

Good luck and all the best

o.png

Would this work with Bayern? Thay also play a 4-1-4-1.

View attachment 196875

Finished the season after a serious injury list in second place,
An 81 point 1st season with Newcastle United, with just 2 transfers is in my opinion an amazing achievement considering there were only 2 transfers mentioned in the first post.

If thats not good enough I dunno what is :D

Players

Hey mate,

How do you fit Mitrovic And Thauvin into this formation?

Hey mate,

How do you fit Mitrovic And Thauvin into this formation?

Hi mate.
Mitrovic is a subby. I don't rate him this year but he does a job when he plays false 9. In past fms he has been my go to striker for this formation. In the demonstration save above arsenal bid 40m for pereZ in January.

Thauvin I played left wing his stats aren't ideal and Id normally sell him as there are much better options out there.

I loved your FM14 version, used it all the time back then. Trying now on FM16 with Benfica but man, we play well but we can't score! I don't know if its my players or the keepers :p All games have been like this

View attachment 196843